(2011/05) May 2011

Apple i already got a sophie liao. Bought more than a mth ago.

Nic, thks for the compliment. Really buey tahan my 'not here not there hair length' so decided to chop it all off. My back is super short like no hair. I love it cos its perfect for the current hot weather.

Re bottle feeding

I did a really sneaky trick today. Cos hb on leave n we went out almost the whole day so feeding time a bit haywire n we didnt make it back for the bottle feed timing so when i came hm my ger totally refused to take the bottle, keep crying. MIL try to feed her close to an hr but still unsuccessful. I finally buey tahan her cries n latch her but 1 min into the latching i stick the bottle teat into her mouth n pull out my nipples.. N to my surprised she cont drinking from the bottle. She took close to 60ml before stopping!! Sneaky tricky n maybe cant use too often. But mummies, no harm trying on your end if ur bb really refuse the bottle!

Angie i will definitely do the PN jab but only after she turns 1. N yes usually the mummies are more anxious during the jab than the bbs. I find tat no diff if they are awake or asleep. More depends on the skills of the nurse. If they are good n fast, bb feels less pain.

Nic,

yes. booked and collected since last week. which day are u going?

yes. he super like trains. saw ur pics on fb. i will try to schedule to bring him dwn..this weekend super packed already. tml bringing him to see fighter plane/heli and fireworks =)

Jenny,

mayb he feel bring baby take bus v troublesome? anyway, can u cope with baby alone to the doc?

angie,

weekends are precious family time =)

esp #1 cope hm all day so weekends must bring them out =)

dolly,

cool! u v hardwking to create fb acc for both ur kids. i already v lazy to maintain 1 acc. anyway, added W le =) reminds me of my #1's time =)

starflower,

mine is 3pm =)

yes, agree UOB has pretty gd offers for buffets.

starfruit,

i did the same trick as u today as my gal refuse bottle when my hb tried feeding her...end up, she suckle a few mouths frm the bottle and wailed loudly. hahaha.

Val u use this sneaky trick too.. Ur ger very smart not as easy to bluff as mine lol! Anyway how long u latch her before u stick the bottle in?

Apple:- count me in for the sophie too. Btw how when shld we give them sophie? During or before teething?

Mummies any recommendation for rotavirus vaccination? I called the polyc they say they don't provide & I call kkh their nurse say polyc doest provide.. So was thinking of going to a gp. Any recommendation.?

Any other injections must I look out for my boy 3mths..

Apple, I sent u a pm le on my order [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gathering at Orchard n East r 2 diff days ya..pls dun confuse!!

Buffet gathering..let me noe d date..I'm on..whahaha

But 14 aug most prolly cannot make it...

Thanks! I bought the california cream too but not that effective for my bb but still using it. Actually this cream acts as moisturizer? Can use on hair scalp Cos he had dry flaky skin on it too?

Cradle cap-was asked by pd to use olive oil instead of bb oil now. Heeded thomson's pd to use bb oil n my bb's hair dropped till blank bald where the cradle cap

Is. Wonder if it's too strong

Order for Sophie:-

Apple

Angie

Yaer

kaykay

Mudppie

Sylvia

Do I missed out anybody? I wanna order soon coz need some shipping lead time from Amazon to his hotel before his returning date.

Apple: thanks alot! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] can buy more stuff for yourself too...Buy directly from US so much cheaper!

Enjoy your weekends mummies!

Order for Sophie:-

Apple

Angie

Yaer

kaykay

Mudppie

Sylvia

sunflower0121

Angie - I have ordered & shipped to him earlier on, yesterday he rang my hb said he bought new luggage in US, so can accommodate more items if I need to add my cart :p

starfruit: Sometimes when my baby cry for nothing and refuse to take pacifier, I place the pacifier at my breast with my clothes on. Then he tot its my breast and kept sucking. Asked my husband to try too and it works. But trick is when he move his head back u muz pull pacifier out if not he know its not breast. Very funny.

Val: Not sure leh, I think some pple dun like to bring baby on public transport. But must see whether you can afford anot. In the end I din bring baby to doc. Yest baby seems a little better, made appt for tmr but if everything is ok then not going.

Mummies,

My bb girl just keep crying... It is really getting on my nerves. She cries night and day, after feeding she will cries, after poo she will cries and bring her out she also cries.

Could it be something is wrong with her ? I tried to play music, play with her, carry her, sling her.... Still does not not stops the crying

Deon: doesnt sound good...have u tried using the rattle? It works for my bb...he likes the sound...if not hold her up over your shoulder? For me all these works...if you are bf'ing...latching on is one of the best soln for myself. If it persists I think it's better to seek advice from pd? Take care!

Deon: Did u bring ur baby to a doc? Last week my baby cry day n night too until I almost broke down. In the end bring her to a PD and then the doc said he caught a cold. Gave some sprays and after using he was much better.

Ash: avent onli 20% discount...

Deon: if u r worry why not bring her to see pd... just have a peace of mind tat she is alright...

Sophie: just to share my experience, I bought it for #1 and he din like it or use it at all. So now the spots all faded become white giraffe :$

Deon: I try these methods: let another person carry her, apply a bit of Ru Yi yu if bb stomach & soles got wind, put PD prescribed salin drops if nose block and teething gel if he got ulcer.

Sometimes we just dont know why bb kept crying and crying. Best consult PD if still cannot pacify her.

Take care ya...

Help! Anyone stayed around west or near Bt Panjang and using Medela freestyle pump?

I need help to charge my freestyle pump

Janice, aiyo!!! I didn't c ur msg, I was at the shop earlier. I dunno the contact number. If I saw ur msg earlier, I can ask for u..luvbabies boss is in the store today

Sunflower: thks!

Buffet : 14 aug? Sun is it?

Can I check is norm for baby to fuss at the same time everyday? My baby needs to be carried and walk about for the past 2 days during evening. And to think he's asleep but once laid in the cot for 5 mins he'll cry.

Also, does it mean when we breastfeed, we will not have menses?

Deon: sounds like u have a tough Bb here.. U need to br tough to handle her too.. I know wad u mean by saying that her cries are getting in ur nerves.. If Bb keep crying inconsolably, even after so many days, bring Bb see doc or something?

My mil will always put (in hokkien) xia liu into my Bb bathe water.. If I'm not wrong, it's promegrate leaves.. She always put when Bb refuse to sleep or cries for no reason. I din ask her the reason why but jus allow her when I bathe Bb.

Precious: sophie is a giraffe. A teething giraffe.

Sophie:

This is my first Sophie.. U mean, the spots will be gone? Is it edible? Cux Bb will most probably be biting away.. Hurhurr

Bubble: buffet yet to set date Cux weekends not possible for most mummies.. Shall set another date at another restaurant?

Bunny mum

I used baby oil for the cradle cap for a few days and condition got better so I stopped. It worked and there's still hair.

Arisz why need help to charge ur pump? Ur charger down?

Deon not right for bb to cry so much. Suspect she is not feeling well. Can u bring to PD to check?

Bunnymum u can try n get the detinox cradle cap shampoo from guardian n wash bb's hair. Its very effective in removing cradle cap.

Cloud: haa I was also thinking the same...how come the spots will be gone one....

Starfruit: is it hard to maintain the bumper mat? Nowam tone btw which designs...shall heed your advice n get the L size...

Angie the mat is so easy to clean. No major maintenance required, Just wipe can already. Wont stain n water wont seep through, if u spill anything just wipe n its clean. Its like a big piece of latex. When u first get the mat, there will be creases cos it was rolled or folded. Just leave on the floor n the creases will disappear over time.

Thank you mummies for your advise.

I will bring her tomorrow. Any PD to recommend that is open tomorrow ? The one I go to at Yishun is not open on sunday..

Thank you all so so much !

Deon: There's one at Jurong West opened tmr. At first I going to bring baby there but baby seems ok liao. Tel 65674509 if u live near.

Cloudpoem: My mum also ask me to bath baby with the leaves and I asked my husband to get some from his mum coz we dun have the plant n she refused and say cannot use that on baby. I think she's selfish.

Lj,theorectically,we will not have mense when we r breastfeeding.however,for my #1,I still had my mense.but #1 time,my supply was little & I feed fm too

Back