(2011/05) May 2011

angie - yup! i was the one who asked for recommendations. tried Jade last weekend. their food display is quite exquisite and quantity is based on no. of ppl. that means can order more and just try a bit of everything. hahaha!! i love their carrot cake, dumpling and prawn dumpling. their dessert of the day were nice too. there are enough waiters around to ensure we get served promptly. and it's only 33++ per person. considered reasonable for Fullerton, i guess.

starflower: what movie are u watching?

evie: drools! i have not tried Fullerton dim sum yet....hearing u describe makes me tempted to go try soon! kekeke [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bunny: sounds bad...mine also got cradle cap for abt a month...i didnt do anything...only apply some organic oil and then gently rub away the dead skin. Now all gone!

Kristle: singhealth & ngh run separately le...one nurse told me...so if u are taking yr vaccine at one, the other one will not accept cos they each have their own 'package'...thk tt is only applicable if u paying via medisave.

Apple: really? I tried the imperial treasure 流沙包 also in Ion...already damn good...just like those I ate in HK. didnt know Taste paradise serve good ones too. Must go to the jade...really very very good! Must reserve in advance...v.popular.

precious: Got anti slip socks? Interesting....

arisz: five! Hee...but really hard to find good ones...I rem I ate one in HK...dunno if it is the lighting/wat...really golden & shiny when I peel the bun...super yummy!

Jenny: huh...aiyo so bad of him...ya I also agree latching on is the best way to calm the bb...but I try not to let it become a habit...if not nx time when others take care they will have headache...

Evie: Hee glad u went for it...ya tt time I went only $28++...they increase their prices...but the food is really not bad ar? I love the soup...took the shark's fin tt time...the porridge is really nice too...but I am not a big eater...so eat buffet abit lugi...ya i love the part tt it is ala-carte and based on no. of ppl...hee...your hubby enjoyed it?

Nic: Go try! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starflower: agree! Whatever I buy for myself or kids, my mil also gives alot of comments.. Really shao xin!

Nic: I'm going for the show too!! Haven't booked yet though, they dont have early bird promotion hor?

Now got dim sum talk! But plans put off liao. Not eating. But I bookmark the places u guys recommend.. Will try!

Or, when Bb are bigger, we go together and eat? Haaaha! I'm a big eater! Those cannot finish can put in my plate! Lol!

Cloud: I was thinking the same! Actually the next gathering can be a buffet. I love eating too! U mentioned u starting work nx week le?

Nic: i shld b gg on e sat.. But nw seats really limited..

Cloud: if u 1 to buy tix better b fast..

JEnny: can can.. Keep it in e fridge even better...

Angie: has ar.. It is something like additional rubbery words under e socks which serves as anti slip lor.. Hehe

Hi May Mummies here...

So long since my last log in, forgotten my user name + password. So now using my hubby account to register [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Anyway, I'm Sheena here.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starfruit,

I try to give 1 bottle feed to my gal before she slps...at most she drinks 50ml. V little le but shortly aft she will cry to be latch on so I will latch her on.

Goofie,

Mayb u can try to wk ard the schedule n see how coz since u already know he will take a long time to feed. FYI, my #1 used to take at least 45mins to finish a bottle when he was still a baby.

Cloudpoem,

Althn ur dim sum plan on hold can still give u recommendation. I rem someone recommends grand Asia at odeon tower. I frequent peach garden at occ/thomson plaza.

Re: custard buns

Love it too! ESP the flowy kind. Yum!!

Dolly,

Is 95percentile or 95% overweight? If overweight means scaling out of chart already. Nv see u post photo of ur boy on fb? Wanna see this lit Michelin of urs =)

Re: Disney live show

I am going! Already booked the ticket le. Going on the sun.

If u book with maybank card, 10% off.

PreciousMom,

I get my boy's antislip ankle socks from

ON.

Starflower,

U steady la! I always hear u go shopping one le. Heheh.

Jenny,

Why did ur hh ask u to bring baby to pd alone, is it coz he is bz?  

Hi Sunflower,

For me I don't find isetan sale good coz' standard discount which you can find at most places. Probably is due to freebies.

Like spent $30 a goodies bag, Spent $150 a floormat, Spent $350 a caterpillar rocker.

Think next week taka bb fair from 27th jul might have more things to buy.

June: taka next wk has bb fair?

Val: oh thanks.. Just nw cleared my box of kids socks n found several pairs from my #2's baby socks.. Guess will use them for e time being.. Their feet grow fast..

Hi Sylvia - I think Pnenumococcal can claim use medisave, poly clinic is charging at S$160 each dose, will have to take in 3mth, 5 mth and after 1 yrs old. Hope this info is what you want.

Jenny u can try the calufornia baby cendula cream. Dun use xue hua gao, this for adult not bb lah.

Val slowly lah its already good tat she is taking the bottle nvm tat she just takes 50ml. At least she know she can drink milk from tbe bottle so its a relief for u if u are away from her. I suspect when u are not around. She may drink more. Mine cries to latch too. I insist tat she bottle drink first before latching so the latching after tat its kinda a 'reward' for her. Hehe

Kristie n Angie, u can do some vaccines outside n some at poly. But if u sign up package with poly , u need to do all package vaccines from the poly itself. eg, u can do 5-1 at poly and rota or pnuemmo outside. just make sure its properly recorded in the healrh booklet.

Sylvia if ur ger not going to childcare u can consider giving Pneunomo when they turn 1 year old. So only 2 jabs to take in total. Cheaper too.

Sylvia,

I tried the method of not being around when bb is being bottle fed but didn't work on my bb. Finally, I did the bottle feed myself and my bb took the bottle. I feel that the "die die dont give in and starve the bb" method works for me :-D

RE: Jade / Dimsum

Hey! Since Jade so popular...why not organise a gathering at Jade :-D....then i sure wont bring my bb along, so can enjoy dimsum in peace! Ha!

Angie: ya.. I starting work next week, but every wed is my off day.. And maybe some Tuesday.. So, if gathering on wed, I most prob can go...

Din sum gathering: PLEASE! I wanna join! Wednesday can? :b

Sylvia,

adding on...the Medela teat and the NUK rubber teat worked for me...the NUK silicone teat seemed like bb find it diifficult to suck, maybe flow too slow.

But beware of the rubber teat....must change more frequently so now i only use the medela teat.

Sylvia,

forgot to mention...we tried to calm bb down from crying and then put the teat in her mouth and keep repeating the process when bb starts wailing again. I also kept saying "Shhh..." into the baby's ears and the volume of the "Sh..." must be as loud as her crying.

Precious: I will most log in tonight and book. Now no time to on laptop Cux 3 kids with me leh.. I should be buying wed tics.. U got maybank card? Got further 15% off..

When is the East side gathering anyways?

Is the Orchard gathering still on next tues?

Proposal: Gathering at Jade? Got weekday dimsum buffet?

starfruit: ya lo tt's wat i tot too...u gg for rota? btw when yr bb having the injection...is it better aslp/awake? I feel so xin tong seeing him in pain le...nx injection coming...thk i am more scared than bb...

cloud: For Jade it's only on weekends le...can u make it?

iloveparis: Same sentiments here...since it's a weekend I m gg to leave bb with my hb so I can enjoy my buffet.

How about 14th Aug (Sunday) for a dim sum gathering at the jade? I shall make the reservation!

Brought my boys to Singapore Art Museum just now. My #1 was super thrilled at the guided workshop where he can build tracks to his heart's content! Other fun exhibitions for kids too! Mummies with older kids should bring them there. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Val: maybank cc is 15%off for the Disney show. MOE teachers also get 15% off. ;)

Nic, my whatspp down! Can't log in for about 1 week already! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Sorry. Can sms me?

re: vaccine

my house area the queenstown polyclinic is under Singhealth though no package . all by per dose/injection. NHG polyclinics have their vaccine in package. and NHG has Rotavirus vaccine but Singhealth don't have. so do consider all these factor. for me i go for convenient and settle for Singhealth as it is just opp my house. and i heard Singhealth has no 6 in 1. my boy just took his first dose of 5 in 1 on wed and has been tired seem thur and today. keep sleeping.

Gathering:

I got the invite from FB that town is Tuesday and East is Wednesday. Am i correct? As saw some post mentioning both date to be the same.

Might be going to east gathering but scare that if i drive and bb cry. Really don't know if i can manage. Maybe it's more of me no confident to drive with bb alone without HB.

Rashes on face & Cradle cap:

My ger got rashes &on her face, tried using jin yin hua but on n off to be effective. Now her face also pretty dry. Mostly due to my ger like to lick her fingers and rub her face after licking. Have gotten calendula cream and today is the 2nd apply. Seems to work in reducing the redness and conditioning her dryness. Hope it will continue to be effective else i dunno what to apply to her already.

By the way, any mummies got contact for Luvbabies? As i email them and place a order through their website. But no one reply me. Cant find any contact number from their website too.

preciousMom,

gd u found some old pairs that can be wore =)

i always go for their socks as quite reasonably priced and can last my boy for 1yr at least =P

starfruit,

actually i think i feed her via bottle faster...my hb feed, she was playing with the bottle teat. hahaha!

iloveparis,

hahaha. sometimes when my gal cried i will also shhh as loudly as her then she will stop, look at me and start crying again. hehehe.

angie,

sun v hard for me as my boy has got 2 classes back to back =P

Nic,

i booked mine v early and only 10% then le. By the time i booked, then know civil servant has got 15%...

which cat u booked?

Janice,

yes. orchard gathering on tues. east on wed.

Angie: I can on 14/8. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Hurhurr... If gathering fix on the date I can't, than u guys jus go ahead and I'll see the pictures!

Nic:

I thought Only mediacorp pple got 15% off, y moe teachers or civil servants have disc too? Do they need verification to know if it's moe teachers? Cux if like that, I can purchase at cheaper rates. Haaaha.

Cloud: For MOE discount, check this out. I've booked and collected my tickets. The discount is valid.

http://www.mesrc.net/disney-live-mickeys-music-festival-15-discount-moe-staff-valid-till-31-july-2011

Starfruit, saw yr pic on FB. Looking good and chic with short hair! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Like yr fresh look.

Val, wow u booked so early! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I got Cat A seats, seats amongst the first few rows. ;) yr boy likes trains right? shld bring him to SAM. he would enjoy!

Angie: Would love to join dim sum buffet but I can't make it on weekends. All reserved for family....

Nic: do we need verification upon purchase? Cux mediacorp needs to be verified.. I can ask my teachers to help me purchase if I can skip this step.. ;b

Val: I bring baby to my mum's house alone on bus + 15 min walk. After that I told him if its him he sure cannot and insists on taking cab coz once we went to polyclinic can take direct bus but he insists on asking his uncle to drive us there. -_-

Starfruit/Janice: Can the cendula cream be bought from watsons or guardian?

Bottle Feeding:

I tried letting my baby starve a little more before giving him the bottle and it works much better than yest.

Disney live show: wow.. Most of u bot ur tics so early.. So envious.. I only managed to get it today wif my SIS n we only got cat 3.. My sis has e maybank card..

Dimsum gathering: sorry, I can't make it on 14/8 as wkends is family days..

Apple: I jus got myself a Sophie giraffe. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] heehe. Thanks for the help!

Val, paisrh.. It's 95percentil.. He has his own Facebook. unless you guys Don't mind, I shall add smh into his Facebook.. So all mummies in smh can see his 装纪...

Disney Live Show: Val/Nic, maybe i'll see u gals there too! i'm booked at cat A as well, had a 15% d/c through a friend, mine is 11Sep 11am show, so looking forward maybe see u gals there hehee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Not bringing #2, coz intending to head over MBS after to enjoy a slow lunch with the mummies i'm going with [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Apple, thanks for offer, got the Sophie already, hope she likes it more than korkor did. Korkor didnt really like his but nawed until all the spots gone nonetheless...

Angie, cant do weekends too sorry, normally family gatherings booked up the entire sat & sun...time flies somehow....

Dim sum buffet...i think for gathering, we can check out some credit card promos if we wanna have buffet. think UOB normally has really interesting ones...

Back