(2011/05) May 2011

Morning ladies!

Up for pumping! Missed my 5am pump. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Dolly, oh oki. But you fast hand fast leg. Buy pump straight away buy parts liao. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For the setting, I used level 3 for stimulating and level 4 for pumping. But this depends on indiv comfort level.

Aris, yeah lor.. So that I can try out the pump ma... Then tried out le, both level 4 & 5 is not stimulTing enough plus slightly noisy le once I up the level further... Pisa's motor much stronger than freestyle, isn't it?

Dolly check the following:

A) do u feel any suction power at all? If no u check the following,

1)are all cables n tubing connected properly. pls chck cos if u dun push tubing in properly, u won't get any suction from the pump. U need to hear Click sound when u push tubing in pumP motor n pump bottle. If unsure remove tubing n reinsert into the parts.

2) did u assemble the spare part properly, this is the part which connects to your milk bottle for pumping. Chck n make sure the back piece clips on properly n that the yellow membrane sits firmly in plc.

3) make sure all parts are dry if not suction power will be no good.

4) when u pumo do u see the yellow membrane part flapping to the suction, if yes some parts are loose, dismentle n assemble again. When pumping thd yellow membrand should not be flapping at all.

If all assembled properly, level 3-4 should be sufficient. I pump at level 3 cos level 4 was a bit painful. The optimal recommended level is to up it till u feel pain then come down one level. However when i operate single side i needed to increase the level for greater suction.

If all ok u should get let down in about 1 min. I usually finish my pump session in abt 5-8 mins.

Ling, why u dun let her eat her hands, bb natural reflex is to suckle, really no harm. I am waiting for my ger to suckle her mittens more so she leave my breast alone!!!

Its good tat she is more awake in the day. This would mean tat she will sleep better at night. N with more awke time, u can interact more with her too!

Evie, yeah red star is damn crowded but they can arrange corner seat for u to fit the pram but then if corner seat u will miss a lot of the dim sum carts going ur way ( see i am soo greedy n just think of food only!) anyway red star is not tat cheap too why dun u consider crystal jade for dim sum. And one of my personal favourite The Cathay restaurant at 'The Cathay' formerly picturehouse. It has nice environment n food is nice too.

Nex gathering:

I missed the previous one as dunno why getting more and more forgetful. Totally forgot about it.

Will like to join next week one but Hubby got a health review meaning that I have to bring Bb j out and no car to drive.

Any mummies at Hougang want share cab?

Apple forget abt the maid. At least bb is in good hands now with live in nanny.

Iloveparis, you are welcome

Sh i think freestyle's motor is quite silent already. So far the sound has never woken up my ger. Are u using any pump now?

Wah the nex gathering list is getting long. Should we meet again at swensens? Or should we try cafe cartel (B1) this time at 11am instead? Cos not sure if ya kun can fit all of us! Since its a thurs morning, should be less crowd.

starfruit,

i'm using pisa now.....my ofc might nt hv avail room for me to pump so if need pump in toilet, cant bring pisa in.....its bulky n noisy too....

Sh the good thing abt the freestyle is tat it is on rechargeable battery so its very portable. As for motor power i am only using leve3 ( total has 6 levels i think) so its quite sufficient for me.

There is a taxi stand outside NEX and the last time i went (non peak hours), it is quite easy. In fact, there is a man there directing passengers to the taxis.

@ Dollyqueencess - can let me have the no for the sinseh.. Can email me lah [email protected]

@ Apple - I went up to singaporemaid.blogspot to do some reading. I am shocked at the numbers of blacklisted maids and the things they did to their employers. Some even put black magic on babies.. Now I am so scared !!

@ Littlefly - Went to NEX a couple times, no problem to get taxi. The taxi stand always have taxi waiting for passengers.

@ Spilt - can PM me your address for Friday's gathering. Will drop by if I can.

Mummies,

I will hope to join in for the NEX gathering if my mum can babysit my bb..

Wow another gathering. By the way tml gathering still on.

There is a grp for may mummy in FB can someone add me pls. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I was thinking whether to invest in a gd pump or not but i only plan to bfeed till 3 mth aw in my office not able to pump. As im the only female there, no place to pump. After my mastitis my supply drop alot leh. Sad. Wonder where can I get thos supplement to help to increase the milk.

Hii good morning mummies! Imma on my way to work!

Nex gathering:- I think I will give it a miss ba due to work + my boy very fussy sometimes. Still small also dun really want to bring him out.. Perhap gathering after 3mth old den I will join u mummies!

Ling:- my boy also the same last 2weeks. Only I slp wif him he will slp longer.. Once I leave him, he slp awhile only.. But slowly it improves.. Cos they got ur comfort they are pleased alrd.. Don't wry. My grandma just brought him to a famous temple to ask abt my baby fuss & crying, and after that trip, he slp more & fuss less le! Very happy now..

Starfruit - we are there for the food!! Hahaha.. Ok, will go check out the Cathay. Thanks so much!

Nex gathering - I'm not bringing my bb.. Just me alone

Thanks 2WW, Deon.

Sunflower: if my bb cranky then also cannot go. If i bring bb then I will be bringing my maid along to help bb things. Bu fan xin to let maid stay with bb alone and i do not have cctvs.

Deon: the more u read the more u worry but it also helps u to deal with them when they chu pattern. I find having a set of house rules is good. Are you getting someone new or experienced maid ?

Apple: your current maid transfer out or send back to her country? Blacklist her so she cannot cause 'pain' to other innocent employers!

Angie,

Personally I like pediped designs n also very comfy for the frets ESP the babies/toddlers range (soles are made of leather n are padded). Quality n stylist all in 1. 

Starfruit,

If u wear the liferacer swimwear outside can still see the nice swimwear inside??

Haha, I used to buy alot of hats n caps for my boy lo. Nw for meimei only ordered 1 sunhat tat is reversible. Anyway, the one I bought fr her is too big!!! Rl has nice sunhats got gals. Hehe.

Deon,

For young kids/babies, better to bring to pd as I feel tat gp's med nt as specific as pd...there is one at blk 417 tat I bring my boy to. Unless aft seeing pd still nt well, I will bring to Kk private children clinic.

Lj,

Haha, v soon ur confinement will be ok, hang on. The other day, ur big A was saying u got influenced by me saying bathing is ok =p is he ok with u bathing or he prefers u to follow the rules?

1st time out with baby alone will feel worried but once u get the hang of it will be ok. This trip is just nice for u as short n near so take as it as a testing trip for urself. Tell u more on sun, looking fwd to see lit A too =)

Starflower, 

Hahah. U so cute. Stay hm to shop online better rite? Keke.

Evie,

Personally dun like 红心 coz I find their dim sum so so only but duno y there is always a long queue n crowded. But for dinner, nt much places have right? I like peach garden n a restaurant at vivo but doubt they have dim sum for dinner.

Apple, 

Does she knows she will be out of ur place this weekend?

Ling,

For me I can't pump in the room coz she will wakes up n cry to latch.

HAnnah,

Nice to see u here coz seldom see u post nwadays =) hope next week gt chance to chat with u at the gathering =) Nice weather to nua at hm. Hehe. But nt nice for me as nd to brave the rain n wind to send n fetch my boy le n can't sun my clothes.

Re: nex gathering

I am ok with swensons or cafe cartel so long the staffs dun chase  us away. Hehe. 

OH MY GOD! RL clothes r sooooo nice compared to carter's!!! but the price also tripled lor!!

Starfruit, so the parts has to be dry? Ok, I'll check & try again.. I up the level to 5 still no suction @ all.. So upset thought it's motor not as comparable to pisa.

good morning!!!

blurlemon: i added u in FB le...

apple: i thought ur maid have oredi long gone... she is now still with u ah... how is ur nanny?

sh: i wish to order too... can tag along??? when the latest i must give u cos i need to measure my no1 feet...

starfruit: soft sole shoe oso consider mah? cos from wat i heard onli those normal shoes den must after 1 yr old den wear...

bunnymum: got steriod one better keep out of sight from ur mil... my no1 oso got very bad ezcema last time... me oredi put very little of the cream oredi but a small patch of the skin under the chin still kana skin thinning... can see a small patch of skin is different colour from other skin... maybe u can tell her the side effect of putting the steriod cream

nex gathering: me never meet anyone before... abit paiseh... scare i will just sit there n keep quiet... haha...

yesterday brought my bb to see pd... he kana the germs from my no1... now the eye got alot of green discharge... whenever he cry, can see the discharge is sticking the eye until cannot open... got the antibiotic cream... pd said if put the cream still cannot recover den must go hospital put antibiotic drip... if develop cough n running nose oso must straight away go hospital... sian... just when my no1 recover le den now my bb... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi split- I may not be able to make it this fri cosi forgot that my part time helper is coming to clean house. Think I will joiN the NEX gathering. The last time I cannot make it cos confinement. Shld be ok now.

Updates- have been so busy with bb ever since cl left and next week, I will really be all alone after hb goes back to work. Really pray I can handle his shower and feeds.

Recently, bb's feed milk has been lesser and lesser. Either he's very sleepy or he's making lots grunt and noise. I really duno how.. Most worrying is that his feed is lesser now.

Any mummies bb's are like this?

@goofie: mayb its just a transition period. my gal's feeding also irregular. esp times when she eats so little, i worried she isnt growing at all. i wen to a different PD for advice and was told to try feeding every hour (or 2 hours), since qty is lower. so far she's taking it quite ok.. bout 60-70 per 2 hours (instead of 100 per 3 hours).

Evie- recommend my regular fav dim sum restaurant - Grand Asia restaurant at odeon towers, at bras basah. Ample space for pram if u book in advance... Dim sum is nice and must order the Peking duck!!! I have been craving for it

goofie: my boy too!!! last time he use avent no 1 teat n took 1 hr to finish the milk... now he use no 2 avent teat 1 hr oso cannot finish... sometimes 2 hrs to finish his milk... mine too very sleepy or stretch his body alot...

Goofie: ur part-time helper good ? my mum looking for one to help. If alone, maybe you can order tingkat, then don't have to worry about marketing, cooking and washing. My bb feed also dropped from 120ml to 90ml. Instead of 3-4hr feeding, he feeds like 2-2.5hrs... Sometimes he makes alot of noise, either he's poo-ing halfway or passing gas or he wants to be burped first.

Yaer: not to worry, the super blur one will be me! i dont hv FB so don't know who is who.

Mummies need advice.....

My gal these few days don't want to drink her milk. Either drink 60ml or 90ml - 3hrs. Prev she can drink 120ml -3hr.

And nwsday her nite feed at 12midnite she can slp all the way to 8plus in the morning n she can't find her 120ml milk. Do i need to bring her to see pd? So worry [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Motor strength for Pisa n freestyle is almost e same cos ive tried both. M using freestyle now. Less noisy then Pisa.

Seems like I've been torturing my nipples! Cos fren advised highest level using Pisa so I juz do e same for freestyle till I read all ur post using level 4 only! haha I beta pamper my nip more later n try lower level

Ling: mine too...but he only eat his hands when he is hungry...

Val: tot of buying too but very limited sizes n design for sales item...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] swimsuit also got so many different kinds? I bought the full body one for bb le...but dunno if bb is ok with the cold swimming pool water le...btw u rem vv? Met her onlineytd...she said hi to all mummies.

Evie:go the jade...u will not regret...best dim sum ever. Can fight with hongkong dim sum...

Re: split house tml

So we are meeting at 11am?

hi mummies

sorry to interrupt. i have a brand new in packet nursing bra size 36b (brand: perfect mum) for sale.

lightly padded, skin colour, have soft underwire.

if keen, pls pm me.

thanks.

Sunflower- u know my boy was on 90ml... Now plunge to 40 or even 30ml. And every time sleeps on me. There was one night he slept 6 hours then wake up for feed. M very worried. How long does such transition phase last?

Yaer- yes mine also took 1-2 hrs to finish. M so exhausted from feeding him and burping him. And previously on nuk teats M size. Then I tot that he's unhappy with flow of milk, I got him L (which shld not be the case)... Initially on L teats, he drank very fast. But next day onwards, he's back to his grunting and then drank even lesser.

Very sian. I so would like to join the gatherings. But if my baby is not drinking well and makes slot of noise, I cannot go out leh

Any mommies need to buy pigeon breast pads? I hv 1 box of 60+12 pcs to let go. Bot fr taka sale for 13.90, letting go for 13. Cos I'm also using washable ones now so too many disposables liao.

Goofie: Is your bb noise from the nose? If so, you can try sterimar bb microspray which i got it at my pd. It's 100% natural and it does help my bb to clear her nose due to phelgm which i do not know how to suck.

@goofie: hey, my gal too..30ml sometimes. but now i try not to force feed her in case she vomits, den even worse. hmm, try to wake him up by the 4th hour? does he show signs of hunger? usually wen my gal moving her mouth i will wake her up slowly le. if i wait till she's fully awake, she starts crying liao (i guess over hungry) and gets impatient..

Starfruit, I've did what you have highlight to me.. It's working le.. Hahahah... But I'm not certain should use the normal "-"/"+" or the "letdown" mode?

Goofie, nice to c u here! U hv the same problem as me! I'm having problem feedg my twinnies. They r drkg 90-110ml nw, every 2 hourly n takes v long to finish. Everytime will struggle like turn their heads, slam bottles etc. Will tk up to one Hr or more n by the time they finish almost another feedg due.

How regular r u feedg, 2 hrly also? M considering to reduce their intake as it seems to me they r struggling. U will stop if bb fall zzz or refuses to drk or do u force them to finish? I do the latter n I wonder if it's gd for them actually? But wat puzzles me is if I force it on them, 2 hrs later they usually wake for milk again? If I reduce their feeds I wonder if they'll b on one hour feedg?

Any mommies facing this or can advise?

Dolly , so some parts nt assembled properly? The "-/+" is to increase sucyion motor level. U click "+" till u feel pain then come back down 1 level using the "-". When u start freestyle goes into stimulation mode first after 1 mins it auto switches to let down mode. If u experience letdown faster than 1 min, u can click the "letdown" to switch mode so can pump more. Some ppl switches between stimulation n letdown mode throughout their pumP session. U see which one u r more comfortable in.

Little fly-- yes. My pt helper is not bad. From china. Very hardworking and thorough. I can pm u contact to check her availability. .

Wah starfruit, you are like the freestyle guru! Hehe [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

And also like the spokesperson for medela.

But I do agree that freestyle is good and really portable. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Good for people like me who always go out after confinement is over. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starfruit, must be lor.. I try to pump with freestyle @ 2am, & was not briefed properly on how to use.. I was so worried & panicked thinking that it might not suit me.. So mystery solved le...

Janice - noise is not from the nose leh. It's more like grunting but definitely sound like phlegm. Took a long time to burp him, sometimes nothing after a very long time. He suckles on the milk bottle but doesn't seem to be drinking at all.

Sunflower - how old is your baby? Mine is 5 weeks and 30ml seems too little for him! Really worried abt him?..

Imp - yeah! Nice to see u join us!! Yes, m trying every 2hrs. But he will sleep and drink which can be slow. Previously he was on 3-4hrly feeds. Now I reduce amount and do 2hr.

West gathering:

Split, I haven't received ur address leh.. How many mummies coming? ;) can I reach at 10am? Cux 11 too late for me. How bout the rest? 10am suitable?

Back