(2011/05) May 2011

Hi ladies,

Long time never post...

Last saturday just went for check up, my baby is 1.2 kg @29 weeks...a bit small but my gynae said it's ok

Kaykay,

i bought my nursing clothes from Perfect Mum and Mum R Us. If not you can buy nursing clothes from BP, there's 1 lady sell quite many range of maternity and nursing clothes, she get all her stocks from Taiwan, maybe you can try it

A nuclear power plant in Fukumi, Japan exploded at 4:30 AM today. If it rains tomorrow or later, don't go outside. If you are outside, be sure that you have rain protectors. It's acid rain. Don't let it touch you. You may burn your skin, lose your hair or have cancer. Please pass, stay safe and remind everyone you know.

Better be safe den sorry. Ladies pls protect urself.

mummies,

awake from my nap...... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i actually called mdm ida long ago when i'm in about early trim2. she tat time already say she fully book, but be4 she said tat she ask where i stay....

so i guess probably she can take those near to her current assignments ones......

she oso recommmend me her sis but i didnt take....

WTS

Natal Care Plus (400mg): Each box of 30 capsules at $14.00 (U.P. $16.05)

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8470/img1140sx.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5936/img1141e.jpg

Natal Care Triplus (625mg) : Each box of 30 capsules at $28.00 (U.P. $32.10)

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6593/img1190o.jpg

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2861/img1191u.jpg

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/9746/img1160a.jpg

All boxes with Expiry 2013.

Bought too many from Dr Adrian.

================================================

An Australian specially balanced formulation that helps fulfill DHA requirement for fetal / baby brain development, and optimizes the brain development of the fetus and infant.

The core element in NATAL CARE PLUS - Natural Fish Oil - contains DHA and EPA, which is particularly needed during pregnancy and lactation. Apart from that, NATAL CARE PLUS also contains Vitamin E, an anti-oxidant that helps to alleviate the negative impact of free radical formation, and increase normal cell function.

================================================

Cash on pick-up/delivery @ Jurong East or Raffles Place.

Kindly PM or leave SMS at 9 876 1872.

Thanks all and have a safe pregnancy!

Hi all mummies!

I have new black colour Baby Bjorn Synergy (Baby carrier) to let go at just $220...

Mothercare/Kiddy Palace is selling $299.

Pls PM me if interested! Thanks!

Hello ladies!

Long time no post here! How's everyone doing? Went for my gynae check this morning and bb is fine and in position for delivery. Gynae projects that this one will be out by late April. Gained 3kg and had low results for iron. Am commanded to take double the dose of iron tablets. Haiz... Shall be good girl and eat lor...

Anyway, also brought back my new maid today. Agency told me she can speak and understand english and had worked in M'sia for 2+ years. I also interviewed her and noted that her command of english is not as good as my previous one but thought I can cope.

Only when i bought her home that i discovered that language is going to be an issue. Good thing I know a few words of malay to get by and also a English-Malay dictionary... But then it's so tiring to have to tell her EVERYTHING! Also, her previous employer got her to work at a petrol kiosk and there was also another domestic helper who was in the house taking care of most of the work. She wasn't also required to cook so now i also have to teach her how to cook stuff that I want to eat. I think I have a tough month ahead....

Oh well… I know that this is probably something that some mummies might have already experienced. I think I’ll be able to get past this stage. Like my hubby says, as long as she’s honest, has integrity, respects us, should be ok liao. Anything else can teach. Right? Ok, thanks for reading my rant. =)

Kaylen

I just bought my PISA from First Few Years at paragon last weekend. Its only $549, all parts same and one year local warranty. They are the cheapest in spore. Even takahe fair is $699. Very gd buy. Wanted to buy 2nd hand but decide to invest. I bought the mini electric last time. Really not as gd, milk supply low. So this time, determined to go full bf..

eh? That bad ah? was surprised to see your reply coz you are normally up very early to go to work... Did u tell your gynae abt this?

Re: VBAC

Went to my gyane today for my 31 weeks checkup..was happy to hear that baby puts on 600grams frm 2 weeks back, now @ 1.7kg. Surprisingly, I lost weight instead of increasing frm my last checkup 2 weeks ago. Wonder how did bb manage to put on so much keke...now gyane's advise is to eat more, since for the last few times i visited him, I got the same message for low weight increase [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

However, this time when I asked him about trying for natural, he advised me against it. He used to say it should be fine to go for it, but today, he told me that by due date, baby might be too big to risk natural. I suddenly thought abt all the scary stories abt wound ruptures and baby's life being risked, so I agreed to his suggestion and had to pick a date/time for C-section. So sad, baby is already engaged now, head-down well and comfortable for natural birth..haiz..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Any mummies have picked their lucky dates for c-section?

Kaykay

BP= bulk purchase..you can find under this forum. I bought some of my maternity wear from one of the bulk pruchase too..

bubblepearl

Do you have the contact number for this Mdm Ida? The last time i had one, not so good. Tummy still big. Not sure if it's cos of C-section, have to start late so not as effective as immediately after natural.. Have u tried her b4?

Xuanmin:- oo, we talking abt medela brand la, since V is asking abt the bpump she going try out given by her friend. I bought mine avent de.. But medela PISA many ppl say good. Hmms nt sure abt First Few Years de PISA cos not much reviews & recommendation from SMH forum & friends thou..

Anw thks fer thr reply on BP. Hmms the price for the nursing tops & dress all at $20++ is consider cheap or?? Cheaper den outside department store??

kaykay

I think $20+ is a good deal for nursing tops, for me, I got mine on forum is $20+ maternity tops, does not come with nursing function. For maternity dresses, $20+ is definitely cheaper than most dept stores and maternity wear shops. I bought one dress for new year, very nice but real exp..$90+! But really love it so indulged in one!

Keke, the PISA tt i am refering to is Medela Pump-in-style. I bought it from FFY at paragon level 5, my frens told me the medela pump parts they also selling cheaper than outside. I bought my Baby Bjohn baby carrier frm them last time for my gal 3 yrs back. Now can come in handy again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Xuanmin, $549 is cheap!

Promo at limited time only or? Thinking hard if I Shd get a 2nd hand or new de....Hopefully can succeed in bf this round....

Kay,

I oso haven't buy at nursing top... Mayb will buy only if this round bf is a success...

Hannah, hang on.... Lucky can teach now.... Give birth Liao then teach worse.... Hope she's a Gd one....

Dolly,

I oso Isomnia.... Partly due to the nap today.... Nowadays If I go work, I will slp at 12 plus n wake up in between the nites n wake uP at 7am..... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

halo mummies!!! finally got time to log in...

vv,

gynae didn't said engaged leh... onli said head down... so the bb might turn again...

message lady:

i have tried mdm ida for my #1... she is quite good... she will bathe n message ur bb too... got free scrub n soap for the V area...

Breastpump:

im using medela swing... quite a good bump cos can bump out quite alot BM tough i bumped out exclusively... the downside is it is a single bump so can onli bump one side each time... hopefully tis time round i can latch on exclusively... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

VBAC:

really had a hard time deciding tis... wish to try VBAC tis time round but hubby n gynae not really supportive... hubby wan me to straight away select c-section... ask me why i wan to risk my bb n myself to try VBAC... said onli got myself to blame if anything happen... haiz... my gynae oso ask me to go for c-section again... but after telling him my intention... ask me to wait n see... really dun noe wat to do now...

mummies ,

Does ur bb hv STD movement time?

My bb every nite 11+ pm to 12+midnite sure kick like crazy. Can film down n see my tummy move! Forceful kicks!

Day time certain timing is tightening of the stomach more than mOvements....

Sh:- lolx same with me!! My boy will kik and paddle in my tummy whichever position imma in. He like go crazy kiking likedat!! During day time is BH & a lot wiggyly movements lahs, haha!!

Yaer:- yea medela swing is good with its reviews except for its single pump.. Actually before I get my avent one, I wanna get a 2nd hand medela swing de..

Xuanmin:- Medela PISA sure is good except for its bulky only. And u sure got a cheaper than retail price deal man!

Hmms, the nursing tops & bras in the forum/webby can be trusted?? Scare is scam.. U bought it from them before??

For mummies trying vbac, how long is your break between your no.1 and no.2? Mine is only 1.5 yrs. Am quite paranoid now too.. Really don't wanna undergo another c-sec but can't afford to pay the price should anything go wrong with vbac too ( touch wood) Aiyah.. Think 1.5 yrs gap is rather short but my Gynae say can try leh.. But of course, he says let's wait further and decide at a later time and this time round, definitely no to induction at all! If want to try vbac, the contractions have to come naturally.

Morning wats e contacts for Mdm Ida??I was brought to delivery suite at 10 pm yesterday due to contractions.strap mi to the ctg machine till now n still no

Improvement...

Morning mummies,

xuanmin, if u dun need to move the pump, just get the PISA, alternatively if u dun mind US import set, u can actually get the Medela freestyle at aout $450 - $480 through the BPs here.

kaykay, no issue on the nursing top here, its just clothes so no need to be so paranoid moreover its only about $20, maybe u wanna buy 1 piece and try first, if ok can can fit u then u ordre more. actually if u want to save money, you do need to buy specifically nursing wear, just nurse through your normal clothes and it should be fine.

there is another fair coming up at expo, anyone going?

Baby Care Festival 2011

Dates: 18 to 20 March 2011

Time: 11a.m. to 8p.m.

Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 6B

Organiser: Mother & Baby Singapore

blurlemon, can i check where u live? i suspect sometimes the massage lady will tell u she is full cos you are not staying near to her.

Good morning mummies..I was up and wide awake from 3.45am till almost 7am !@##%$^&&

Hannah - Every household has our own method of handling chores. Even experience maid also may not be up to our mark. Mine was ex-kuwait 5yrs experience..came to my place and I gotta start training like fresh maid. The only consolation is hygiene. She is with me since end Oct last yr, till now only able to do simple steam dishes & boiling soup. As for house chores, it took me weeks to train, and months for her to get the right technique. Be more patient ya..

Ppl ask me y I still keep my maid, like your hb said integrity & honesty is upmost important as I suffered dishonest maid before. Even is a pain to train her to our standard, we still close 1 eye sometimes.

starfruit - I learnt about the baby fair @ expo fr radio too! not sure how comprehensive..dunno worth to make a trip there or not..sigh

VBAC

Eventhough I'm 5yrs apart..after hearing real life situation fr my colleague, I'm sort of put off the idea. My gynae also not favor me to go thru vbac & hb said he doesn't want to take the risk..haha

Last check-up my bb in breech position too!

apple, i was trying to google the fair and find out who will be exhibiting there, no good results, only know innoform will be there, can;t find any exhibitor listing so dunno what can be found there. Its by mediacorp though.

re: VBAC

My girlfriend is a mother of 4. She had an emergency c-sect for no.1 cos she was running a fever and risk infection to bb. so for no.2, she changed her gynae to paul tseng and successful did a VBAC. after that its natural for no.3 and 4.

it hink important to weigh the risk lah and talk to gynae, if gynae not comfortable, may be better to go with their advice.

starfruit: ML- ya..sometimes they will reco their relatives who live near you,for Mdm Ida, she reco her cousin who live near me but she told me if i want her to massage for me also can. So i book her lor.

Xuanmin: you may want to try getting those tummy binder this time round? But if you gog C-sec, think you can only massage after 1 month?

morning ladies.

V,

wat do u mean by how does the pump come into play? u mean regarding to letdwn or wat??

Novi,

29weeks 1.2kg ok la =) mine 28weeks 1.1kg. ahhaha. cant wait to see my gynae and baby on the next visit =)

hannah,

v busy at hm rite? hehehe.

rem to drink more fluid coz iron can cause constipation ah.

xuanmin,

nice weight of ur baby and ur weight loss. i cham liao..i self measure and i gained like more than 2kg since my last visit. hahaha.

starfruit,

giving the M&B fair at expo a miss coz frm my previous exp, i didnt manage to get any gd stuffs there.

if u wanna know who is exhibiting there, can try to find out frm the M&B mag, think they sld have advertise there.

re: VBAC

I think if gaps between birth is less than 2 years, better not risk it. For apple, think since bb breech position, unless doc very confident of V-birth, then can go ahead with VBAC. If not, better not too. Later have to do emergency C-Sec then pain for nothing. :p

Hannah, re. maids. Agree with apple. Every household is different in the way chores are done. U have to see the situation too. Is maid going to be home alone with bb in future? If so, better to get a maid who can communicate with u on the phone. Or else if bb falls ill etc etc or any emergency, u will be frustrated when u cannot get her to understand ur instructions.

In my case, commuication on the phone is very important. Coz hb and I are working and maid will be home alone with the kid in future after my confinement. I won't want her to give the wrong doses of medication etc even after I give the correct instruction over the phone eg. in cases where bb gets a fever etc. So, u have to weigh and see. If u think she will be able ot pick up English while she's here now, it may not be fast enough for your need too. I had a maid for 1 yr who speaks English from Philippines. But bad english. And even after 1 yr, we still have communication prob. So, I think if ur situation is same as mine and with an infant in her hands, better to ask for a change - try her for a week or so and see if u think there will be any change. If ur mom or in-laws will be around with maid, then it's not so bad.

Well, this is just my opinion. It's really up to you coz no matter what we all say here, u should know better since u r the one who will be facing the maid.

Val - thanks! shall give the fair a miss!

No worry about your weight gain la since u started off lite [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] you can afford the gain..hehe

apple,

hahaha. thanks wo. just hope can keep to 10kg if nt max till 12kg.

Anyway, started feasting on durian, hope will help to pump weight to meimei too =)

bubble pearl,

no confirmed date yet but i cant make it in Mar coz i am taking 1 day leave this week and next week le...

Re: hi tea

anyway, besides English Tea, we can also arrange to go Durian Fiesta tog. whahhaa.

Morning mummies! Soo tired today....

Apple: Wa arent you very tired now? Better rest early tonight....

Burlemon: U booked Mdm Ida so early? I also did manage to book her cos she's fully booked. Tried her for the pre-natal, I'd say she's nice but not fantastic. My back still ache after the massage.

Val: How was your weekend? Think my Japan trip is gone le....was so looking forward to the cherry blossom....

Starfruit: I got my XT techno at $399 but no comfort pack, actually what is that? I thought of ordering that online too if that is to make the baby seated comfortably.

angie, it hink your techno XT is the 2010 version right? my is older model, i think they clearing it lor. its just padding for the straps and the head area.

Angie - I got my booster - chix essense this morning!!

I'm about to post whether have u gone for your jpn trip! Lucky u still around..put off the idea ba. Not the right time to go now.

Mummies - my colleague ask me to stock up fish this week..kinda worried about the sea water pollution for the next 2 weeks. My dad also ask me stop buying products from Jpn fr this week onwards.

Angie,

weekend super bz coz packed with activities thus v tiring also. Till nw havent recover coz didnt rest enuff. hahaha.

Ya, better give Jap a miss now. They are implementing grp blackouts n alot of places are without water n electricity...no pt to go ahead...my boss suppose to go for his vacation this sun but nw he cancelled it. another gf going next mth and she is cancelling the trip as well...Hope Jap and her ppl will be able to overcome this crisis soonest....

Re: M&B

i only went once for my 1st preg...was v excited and was there like 8am lo! in the end, walk 1 round come out no gd buy...damn disappointed and tat was the 1st n last time i went. ahhahaa.

Back