(2011/05) May 2011

morning mummies!!!

bubble - nice appetite..I was getting hungry every 3-4 hours too but since I wake up late..830-9pm, breakfast is usually cereal/bread/oats for weekdays only weekends indulge in prata/chee cheong fun/lontong etc than lunch time is 12 plus 1, snack is my new addition at around 4 (muesli bar/fruits/biscuits) and than dinner ard 6-7 followed by yoghurt or something (last night ate 1 donut)hahaha....i rem someone told me its ok coz need 200 calories more but I feel i'm pigging out and gaining weight =P

Quick qn: my colleague is offering to lend me her pump (after servicing and sterilising) before I confirm I can BF..but someone here is selling it so much cheaper than outside (same brand/model, BN and sealed) I'm contemplating if I shd buy? What pumps are you ladies using?

Mt A was using pampers, i must check what brand they are using now.

apple, funny how come they serve confinement food leh.

confinement food esp the soup at mt A is yummy and yes can choose between normal menu or confinement menu.

Good morning mummies!! Wah the thread is running fast this morning!!

I have so stress up recently regarding what to prepare for my boy's arrival & still many things on the list haven't strike-off.. Ytd night was dreaming & stressing abt it!!

Wanna ask mummies who Bfeed, is nursing bra & dress/shirt neccessary??

Who can share her list on basic NB things to get ready??

Split:- i remb reading that kkh do provide confinement food for class ward B1 & above class wards.. U can choose..

Re:- diapers

I heard many reviews on nepia since I was 4mth preg, decided to order & use it from NB for my baby. For mummies who are curious abt this brand which has many good reviews in SMH forum, here's the link

- http://www.nepia.com.sg/english/index.html

Btw they do free & fast delivery upon purchase of 4packs & above I believe. =D

Bubblepearl:- I was ur opposite. I realise I eating lesser den 2nd trimester.. Its gd that ur appetite growing & will just beef up ur baby weight in this last trimester!! =D

starfruit, i saw kkh and mt A using huggies..TMC i dunno leh.

Split, my sil deliver in kkh, i think they have confinement meal.

Val, opps, need to buy breast pad hor? aiyo, looks like a lot of stuff i yet to get..kanchiong now..let me see what i missed out? Wet wipes, milk bottles, teats, breast pads, maternity pads..what else?

Sh...., keke, i dun want bb weight too heavy, cos i still want to opt for natural w/o epi..

jerejoy, my massage lady is Mdm Ida too. She is a bit chatty when she came last sat to do prenatal massage for me too. But overall she is ok lah. She helped me to massage my lower back and my ankle till i really feel better.

Apple : must be.. She just told me on sat that she's going holiday on that sat. Told her that I might deliver anytime from that week.. She claimed that she has made full payment..

Val : yeah lor.. Woke my hb & girl up, ask my hb to bring my girl to cc..

Bubble : yeah lor...

bubble, isit huggies ultra the purple one? if yes then its ok, but i will still buy pampers NB lah.

Val, i also waited till the taka fair to buy all these misc. stuff for bb, face towel towel, etc.. hahah

Kay, tk for the link but no stated price leh, u know how much for s size?

Bubblepearl, ya, tat time my Boi keep refusing to come out n need assisted delivery.

V:- I think u shld

try out the pump ur friend giving u first if its suitable. What brand Bpump isit??

Anw, I just bought my set of Avent BHA free eletronic bpump and almost everything on Avent including sterilizer & warmer and btls at Taka baby fair. It comes in a bundle at $239 for the bpump bundle & $188 for the sterilizer & warmer bundle with 5btls free etc etc..

The bpump can switch from manual to A/C or to battery (portable).. And it doesn't have tubes to wash/sterilize, so I tot pretty 'fan bian'.. =D

Dolly hw u feeling now aft the medication? I've been having tightness again and today I can't really sit up cuz tummy been tight till my skin feel painful and I'm feeling to breathless now

dolly - That's always the case..even we r not working, also must get up and get ready for #1 to go to sch then we can rest.

Hmm..since your mom already made full payment, no choice la. Hope your bb guai guai stay till ah ma comes back [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sh - I only bought 1 pack of gauze, I think shd be enough bah..do we need a lot? I can't remember..I just refer back my old checklist on items needed.

Sh:- I remb reading at another page in this forum that it cost $14-18 cos sometimes it has promotion gg on.. U can call & ask them also.. They have the number there.

Btw all, is nasal aspriator neccessary??

re: confinement meals

KK's confinement meals nt v nice la but passable. hahaha. cant fight with Mt A and TMC confinement meals coz heard too much gd review abt their meals. hahaha.

bubble pearl,

ya. i was a big user of breast pads for my #1's time so this time rd, i stocked up 3 boxes of 60+12. I will be going back to stock up more on the nappy liner coz its a dollar+ cheaper than non sales...so my hb asked why didnt i stock up enuff for a yr -_-''''

for me, tats all the essentials i need, no more le. hehehe.

dolly,

no choice la...since ur mum has made the payment le...cant ask her dun go too...

hahaha. nvm, later u can go n take a short nap / rest. Rest n relax ok =)

starfruit,

ya lo. waited so long for this taka baby fair just to get the essentials. i may be going again to stock up on nappy liner. hahaha!

starfruit: not the huggies ultra, that one dun have NB, it is the one in Green packing.

kaykay: nasal aspriator is it the one pick nose dirt from bb.

Val: oh ya, i need to nappy liner too! But think i only need 1 box, cos only use during daytime. That time i use Anuraka, not bad, what brand is good ah? I better noted down what i havent gotten

bubble pearl,

i also only use during day time but for the 1st yr i rem my boy used alot le. per day he can easily change 20++ nappy cloth...so i will stock up during the taka baby fair. So 1 box can only last mayb a week. Anuraka is cheaper than pigeon but i find it abit more rough also. i think its 150 pieces per box while pigeon is 100pieces for $8.xx

Val - I saw Tollyjoy & Anakku nappy liner on sales. Is that what u bought? How's the quality? Maybe I'll grab some this Fri when I head to Orchard again.

apple,

i got the pigeon one as I feel its softer. I didnt try tollyjoy but i tried anuraka (the blue n white packaging) but i dun like it le so i am sticking back to pigeon altho its slightly more ex.

agree the piegeon breastpad is the best out of the entire range and it does not leak. i only used tollyjob when my supple was stabalised.

starfruit: dun get too many NB sizes hor..keke..i also need to 1 pack of pampers..keke

Val: i know why i only need 1 box, i only use diaper for the 1st 2 mths and my mum reuse those liners that pee pee by my son, she will soak in clean water and dry then and reuse.

starfruit,

i also prefer Pampers NB coz it has the urine indicator easier to see n chk lo. I didnt try the Huggies NB before.

Ya, mayb stock up a pack or 2 nt too much as they may upgrade to size s pretty fast =)

bubble pearl,

wah! i dun rem if my mum did tat but if she does, think only once??? coz i think aft the nappy liner dried, it bcum slightly harder le. hw many times does ur mum recycle the nappy liner?

Bubblepearl:- ya I know. But isit neccessary?? Hmms?? To get a nasal aspirator?!

Re:- isit neccessary to buy breastfeeding bras & shirts??

Val: hmm..not leh, not harder. i remember still ok. i think recycle at most 2-3x?

kaykay: i get that for my 1st one and i think i never use it..cos the "sucker" is bigger than my boy's nose..haha, well up to u, i know the pigeon one in a box is ok, that one use ur mouth to suck out.

kayaky, why do you need a nsal aspirator. usually when i require the use of it is when bb has block nose, cold etc, this is not a must have, u dun have to buy now.

U just need non underwire bra, no need to buy bfing bra specifcally, but Bfing top is useful if u are outside and need to BF. for me i am use to it, so wont need it specially.

Val/bubbles ya lor, thinking of buying 1 - 2 packs of pampers to stand by. cos i change quite a lot, eveyttime after they poo.

Wayne,

So lucky of u. I think I might hv to settle for her sis then. It's my first time doing the massage. Didn't know these massage ladies r so popular and hard to book

Hi all mummies ,

I went to the taka baby fair yesterday. I have bought some necessary items and already hit 100++ , so scary .. haven't touched on diaper yet

I bought most stuff from pigeon, seems they have better price. and Medela storage bottle can get cheaper if you trade in our old bottle , i think it cost $6.90 after discount.

Too crowded and it make me feel uncomfortable and tired..

wow..moving super duper fast today...

oh dolly: rest well. last lap for all of us~hang in there (telling myself every day).

starfruit: yea. my mil say NB diapers very fast cannot use. use finish 1 pack if still need than buy =)

bubble_pearl: i was thinking that too. coz half the office here are mummies and the last 2 years..there were like 6-8 babies in this office =)

kaykay: her's is medela mini electric. can use electricity and batteries too. I went to take a look..selling 190 plus in stores. same lor her one no tubes..but this is my first time with breastpump so I also not too sure what's 'good' and 'not good'..heheh...

i wanted to get breastpads too but when everyone start passing me stuff..now i have 1 box of pigeon and 2 box of tollyjolly..i think i use finish first..don't want to waste them.

V_, just saw ur colleague's pump is mini electric, my personal comment is dun use it...cos it caused me bad engorgement the last time..pisa and freestyle are good cos got letdown function. last time i gong gong, i dunno what is letdown and caused me big headache.

Taka fair: can anyone tell me what is tradein for bottles? only medela has trade in? any brand else?

split : slightly better.. there are times will feel contraction..

apple : always make sure that they are not late for work or school even we are not working..

val : true, i can't expect her to cancel her trip. yeah, going back for a short nap after lunch..

can't post just now lei...

now can...

bubble - what's letdown? she used for 2 bb le..no problem..maybe i test first and see how?

starfruit - yea, i guess it depends on bb size too. can i ask how heavy was your girl when she was born?

bubble, for the trade in bottle any brand can...

btw, any mummies sign up for post natal massage already? any recomendation?

V_: letdown ah..hmm..like building up your supply? machim like bb sucking and try to get the milk out..haha..my description v funny leh. for me cos i dunno how to latch n use the pump solely and make it worse, i switch to high power cos i want get the milk out fast..so there is where all the headaches comes.

bubble - I was having heavy lunch just now after your posting on large intake..cham..too much carbo for today..gosh gotta cut dinner intake later.

V,

when letdown occurs, there is a sudden surge of milk supply. the milk flow will be v fast. i like it when i get letdwn, super shiok. hahaha.

the feeling ho, is like ur toes cramp, that kind of ma-ma feel but its at the breast =)

bubble - regretted big time coz now I'm so bloated and my tum tum is so so so tight!!

Daiso selling NB socks? Must be very kawaii..hehe

The sky is dark..sien

apple, here u are..keke. I just ate a "butterfly" doughstick

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5214574.jpg]

yizhen, i signed up already..like in Jan for may delivery. they told me very 'hot'..i booked with maya for 7 days.

bubble, she use the mini electric her boys feed till 6-8 mths..aiya..troublesome..i just wanna get my milk out! ahhahaha...

Val, your description is so cute~ i know the toe cramp feeling. so how does breast pump come into play? aiyo..like i say i just wanna get the milk out for 6 mths..i'm happy le...

Aiyo, just now forum down keep post but nth come out gt error!!

Starfruit:- thks for ur advise! Any good recommendation for nursing tops/dress??

V:- the eletric mini from medela is the one with double pump with stand right?? That one nt v good I read the reviews. The lady at taka baby fair also told me that the suction can't be adjust & no massaging for milk let down. If u thinking for medela brand bpump I guess swing or PISA is better?? Taka baby fair sells swing at $358 like this, & PISA at 599 or $699. The swing is single pump but more ex den the eletric mini dbl pump cos of its function is better. PISA is exp & bulky, but my friend use & say v gOod ahh.. Its up to u actually. =D

Bubblepearl:- cute booties!! Looks big! For 3-6mths de??

kaykay: booties, i think for 0-3mth as looks small for me, actually i think gal gal one nicer, anyway $2 nia, dun complain lah. ..keke. No leh. i think V refer to single pump. Swing is also single pump but i think got letdown function. ya, my friend also say PISA good, so i bought lor..ya..it is heavy lor..

V - Maya from where? 7 days for how much?

for the breast pump in taka PISA for $699 and Free Style for $799. for PISA you will need 10 battery to operate while Freestyle is rechargeable battery

Back