(2011/05) May 2011

val/apple/star: like tt then i also dun go to the fair already. actually nothing much to buy already too.

there's really lots of sale going on now. there is robinson's member sale today too!

durian feasting! i want!

Starfruit: How u know which edition is yours? I searched the whole box, cant find the edition anywhere...forgot to ask the sales person that day too. But the seat seems quite rough, dunno will be very hot for the baby or not.

Apple: hee chicken essence dun work on me le...ya lo...the nuclear explosion makes it worse. But fish not so good to put so long, stock up too much also not advisable.

Val: Really? Blackouts and no water/electricity? Acually I am going Yokohama, heard there is not much affected but think also better dun go. Just hope can get back all full refunds including hotel.

Ash_r: Really? how come I din receive the robinson mailer? Think robinson is the best department store around...refund/exchange no hassle...the others v.kns. I am looking forward to the isetan private sale, always got many good deals!

Angie,

Yes. Tokyo is implementing the blackouts and certain part no water n electricity. I have colleagues there and also we have business there which are affected so on n off my colleagues will give us updates as well.

Refunds may take a bit of time la coz i think alot of ppl are cancelling the trips so sure alot of backlogs...

oh robinson sale today.. aiya no time to go down lah.

actually for robinson sales, sometimes, their mustela range is on 20%. i want to go to OG sale tomorrow leh, wanna look at their avent product promo

yeah agree dun buy made in japan product for now cos may be unsafe for consumption now.

Angie cos when i was at taka fair, i was asking the differnce between the 2 models, the one u bought from the mothercare sale is the latest model which they are selling at $450 at taka, i no energy to chiong down to VIVO mothercare so opted for the cheaper model which is cheaper in price too. The sales person told me all the parts and features are the same the only diff is that the material is slightly differnt and the colour as well. My only complain is that no ventilation when stroller hood is fully pulled down and can get hot in there.

= Rice Wine =

Hi, I have 10 bottles of rice wine left from my confinement and willing to let go at $10 per bottle (negotiable if buy all 10 bottles). Taste sweet and yellow colour.

Collect between redhill mrt to clementi mrt. If you are interested pls pm me or e-mail me at [email protected].

Ash,

from wat i understand, they dun send mailers to all members de. its random and sometimes members get it sometimes they dun.

Val: Ya..think all the airline & hotel also big headache now...poor ppl in Japan...sth come to think abt it...we are really very lucky to live in S,pore.

Dolly: Ya my parents & in-laws are v.worried too esp cos of the radiation thing...aiyo your SIL is v.stubborn ar...but luckily Osaka is not much affectd.

Starfruit: ohh...but ok la...no one can tell the difference...u bought black too? Ya I also feel that it can be qutie stuffy though the sales lady told me the ventilation is ok. I was wondering if buy those fleece seat lining will help.

Ash-r: Eh did u update them your address? For most, u can update through their website. Maybe your address is not updated with their system. Private sale must have mailer to go in!

enxuan,

mine is abt 2.3yrs apart... yup... all must cum naturally for VBAC... no induction and the bb must be small... less than 3kg... oso must see the reason for 1st c-section... if becos of breech bb... den got high chance can vbac...

bb items,

didn't really buy alot of things for #2... just bought a new sterliser and 2 set clothings... wondering should i buy new bath n face towel for newborn?? can use the used towels for newborn?

Angie : exactly.. Despite MFA also discourage travellers travel to japan. My PIL are so worried, my SIL also told them that Osaka is so far away from Tokyo, unlikely to have quake, tsunami and radiation... She just simply stubborn..

Angie,

i thot if show Isetan Card can go in w.o mailer?? Tats wat i used to do le...

yaer,

i bought new towels and hanky for my #2....i am nt comfortable with the kids sharing towels.

morning mummies~my girl's so active today..wu ying jiao!

yizhen: mayamummy massage - http://mayamummymassage.com/ 7 days is S$560 (90min). my colleagues rec Hannah, but she is pretty expensive..if i rem correctly she charge S$120 or so for 90 min no pacakage. I don't rem the exact figures already but she only do town area and she doesn't go jurong or places like these.

kaykay - oh i get it..the massaging function from the pump which result in the letdown. let me try and see how anyway also hubby run go get. coz i not sure if i can BF but I will try and perservere. there's a BP for some breastfeeding tanks/bras going on right now. I also bought my bras from BHG bugis. Can try and there are some basic cotton ones only S$9.90. =)

Starfruit: i might be heading down to the fair with my hubby to recce some stuff..haha..so far we haven't really bought much coz mostly given by others.

Val: yea re letdown but I think i got it...it's the pump's ability to massage and create the letdown sibo? i'm so new to this....hey..i'm also keeping to 12 kg..my next visit is next fri..let's see how much i've put on..haiz..all on my thighs =(

Hannah: hang in there..you got 1.5 mth to teach the maid before bb pops =) oh i heard too much iron might cause giddyness? u be careful k?

Dolly: take care..insomnia at this stage is tough...hang in there too..how many more weeks?

Xuanmin: thanks for the great deal! i'll get my hubby to buy that once I cnfm i can BF my girl...

Sh: maybe he's telling you to go zzz..coz when it's passed my bedtime (1030-11) my girl will kick/punch me telling me to go sleep..hehehe...

Novi: my girl was 1.07 kg at 28 weeks old too..gynae says it within range.=)

Now with all the sales..i go also duno what to buy..haha..it's been like that the past few mths..i keep telling my hubby to wait. I think i'm not the kanchiong type..even wedding also like that..my hubby freaked out on the day itself..hahaha..what I've got from colleagues:

stroller

2 baby bed

1 play pen

steriliser

lots of clothes

mittens/socks

wrap band for bb du chi

bath tub

nipple puller

nursing bra(S)

bottles/teats

breast pads

disposable undies

Need to buy: breastpump if needed

What else ladies?

Robinsons having sales? Wah..y so many sales going on!! and I did not receive mailer [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Angie - I gotta stock up fresh cod for my girl coz she very fussy about fish. I order 2 weeks supply..after that probably will switch her to chix & pork for awhile before taking fish again.

dolly - your SIL really stubborn ler..actually a lot of ppl already cancel their trip to any part of Jpn. Even my French colleague, he has family vacation plan to Tokyo & Osaka on 20 Apr, he told us he also cancel it to be safe coz he has 2 chilren traveling together.

Dolly: Hai...ya being parents sure super worried...but her travelling companions are all ok with going? Quite unlikely ya with all the messed up situation. Unless she is going alone...

Val: Haa oh ya true with the card ok...but the isetan sale u need the coupon to grab the better deals mah...I haven receive mine though...they say by this week.

V: wa u are so lucky...i almost got nothing from anyone cos ours is really the first baby if not first boy among our friends and relatives...everything have to buy ourselves...can save quite alot le u....btw bath tub Mt A got give...just finally receive my admission pack ytd...they giving the bath tub they bathe your baby in...

Kaykay: u looking for breastfeeding bra? I just bought one from Ubermum BP, quality not bad le...she v.efficient too...didnt know her clothes were sold in OG too...v.good deal...

just to check with mummies here anyone bought this insurance prufirst gift from prudential? i was quite worried abt me giving brth premature and was checking with my agent if i can still purchase on the policy since it not only cover te cost for premmie also the baby further..but he said need to check if im able to purchase since im hospitalised for early labour..

kaykay, nursing bra dun have to buy those too ex one..cuz u will be keep changing sometime milk leak..get those cheap cheap from CK one can le..i think 1 peiece only $3plus..

Morning mummies!!

Starfruit:- I will go for this fair instead..

Baby Expo

Dates: 22 to 24 Apr 2011

Time: (Fri & Sat) 11a.m. to 9p.m., (Sun) 11a.m. to 8p.m.

Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 6A

Organiser: Vivacious Media Pte Ltd

I heard from my Gfriends that this will have cheaper deals compare to taka baby fair.

I guess I will be going over to complete my list of basic baby needs..

But hope baby come after the date..hahas!

Blurlemon:- thks for the link for thje nursing tops & etcs!!

V:- yea, maybe u shld try out the bpumps whether u can bfeed ur baby first. If it works den it wouldn't be late to get a new one too, no rush for you anyway yea! ^^

Btw u got the bfeeding tops & bra at $9.90?? So cheap? Or isit promotion?? At bugis where??

Apple: Haa your girl really knows what to eat lo...cod fish is the best la! Me & my hubby also love, you better eat more too...super good for baby & mummy. My friend's parents are fishmongers, always manage to get the fresh ones from them at cheaper rate...

v : am @ 33 weeks & 2 days..

apple / angie : ya, even my HB discourage her from going but she simply don't listen. wonder if she's back, will she spread the "radioactive" to us? she must be travelling with friends... maybe no commitment so simply hack care...

V,

ya. suppose the massaging is to help with letdwn but for my 1st one, i used medela swing...so call the massaging function will help with the letdwn but it doesnt work for me.

wah! u so lucky to have so many hands me down.

apple,

my boy loves cod fish too =)

angie,

true la. can go in with card but needs the coupons to grab gd deals. i see if i will rec. hahaha.

i nd to get presents for all the bday parties upcoming in apr n may and for my boy!

Here's the baby list!

Baby's Clothes & Accessories

- Long Pants

- Bodysuit/Rompers

- Mittens

- Bootees

- Bonnet

- Recieving Blanket

- Swaddling Blanket

Baby's Nursing Needs

- Bottle 4oz/125ml

- Bottle 8oz/250ml

- Electric Milk Warmer

- Baby Bib

- Electric Sterilizer

- Sterilization tablets

- Bottle Brush

- Teat Brush

Baby's Bathing & Toiletries

- Baby Bathtub

- Towel

- Wash Cloth

- Natural Sponge

- Baby Bath

- Baby Shampoo

- Baby Oil

- Baby Lotion

- Baby Powder

- Nappy rash cream

- Powder puff container

Baby's Bedding Needs

- Baby Mattress

- Baby Head Pillow

- Baby Beddings

- Waterproof Mattress pad

Baby's Sundries

- Disposable Diapers

- Cloth Diapers

- Diaper Stacker

- Wet Tissue Wipes

- Cotton Wool or Balls

- Changing Mat

- Nail Scissors

- Thermometer

- Nasal Aspirator

Mummy's Maternity Needs

- Nursing Bra

- Nursing Dress

- Washable BreastPads

- Disposable BreastPads

- Nipple Shields

- Breast pump

kay: yeap, BHG Bugis 2nd floor near the exit to Nike there. S$9.90 I bought 1 in each color =P they have nice lacy ones too..the price range from 21.90-9.90. 9.90 is right at the bottom of the rack. when u enter from nike entrance to BHG, turn left and you'll see them =) HTHs.

spilt: i'm also looking for bb insurance but i heard bb born first 14 days won't cover so you'd better ask carefully. check carefully. there's also a clause other than the 14 days no cover, 1st yr it's pro-rated or something.

Angie: really? Mt A not bad but i'm giving birth in RH so I think no tub. we like ka-lang-guni..collect everything lor than see how to proceed. haha..yea..it really save us quite a bit of big ticket items.

V i was told that prufirst gift can only be purchase during ur pregnancy term from 18weeks to 32weeks..it will cover all pregnancy complication plus bb health at birth including staying at nicu..but now the only concern is im not able to purchase becuz of i already have early sign of labour..sigh..but my agent said can give it a try if reject den at least we tried le..if can buy i also wunt be so worried abt the hospital bill size and bb bill size..and in case bb touch wood got problem and need operation and all i dont have to worried abt the cost of the treatment..

V:- I am actually looking for those nursing bra with clip at the strip so that I can open & wear back easily with 1hand while another hand is on baby. Those u bought at $9.90 have??

Split:- I will check out at CK too! There de nursing bra design got clip for easy one hand open & close de also??

kaykay: Haa saw your link abt the soup after I post...great minds think alike ar...btw mummies, bf bra is for outside use also? They are quite shapeless and thin material le...wear outside isnt it quite wierd?

Val: Oh ya how many hankys and towels u prepared? I already got a dozen hanky and half a dozen towel, is it enough? Tot of buying some from bp if not enough...

hi mummies,

me back at work so sian.....cant login as much....

kay,

now that split mentioned, i recall ck have nursing bras too. the ones at CK dept is wat u r looking for. $3 only.....

kaykay they got 2 type of nursing bra 1 is clip another is a button..i prefer the button one cuz is easier for me with 1 hand clip sometime abit hard to unhook it..

the design is abit plain and look like aunty bra lol..but is comfortable though..

Angie:- haha! Yea, was looking for the webby for dolly too! Cos I bookmarks those important & useful links on my berry.

Bfeeding bra wear outside?? Can't mahs?? If go work how?? Wear normal bra?? Can't wear got wire de bra if we wanna bfeed right??

Sh:- thks also! I will go check it out at CK!

if u are breastfeeding i doubt can wear normal bra unless those without wire cuz with wire very pain lol..

actually u wear the bfing bras go outside also cant tell the different..

Split:- kkies thks for ur info. Anw look auntie abit nvm lahs.. Wear inside also nobody can see.. Most important is comfortable.

kaykay/split: I think wear the breastpad tog better...if not wear t shirt might be quite obvious le cos the material is thinner than normal bra...

Kaykay,

I have seen the clip kind and also button kind at guess where... Giant hypermart of all places!! I think it was 9.90 also, quality not bad.

agree with angie need to put on breatpad when go out cuz might be obvious..and if go out dont put breatpad also not right..cuz might leak

Hi mummies,

Long time no post here... how's every mummy doing?

My EDD likely last week of April instead. Still dunno can go natural or not 'cos of low lying placenta.

There are still quite a lot of things i have not buy yet... prob 2nd time so taking it easy... now a bit anxious 'cos if casarean, got to delivery earlier...

Breastpump

Got a question: I have a medela swing, do you think i should get a double pump (e.g. medela freestyle). Not sure whether BF will be successful.

Nursing bra

I still haven't buy yet. Intend to get cheaper ones too. Kay, there is a brand called Eternity (selling at OG & Metro), only $9.90 with the clip you want. Another brand i saw is Beauty at OG, selling at $12.90, more suitable for bigger size breast.

Split,

Yes, still in delivery ward. BP keeps fluctuating, yesterday they sent me back to general ward and then back to delivery ward within half an hour!!!!! 6th time already. Bb's heartbeat is ok so far. they are now doing daily blood tests for me cos they suspect preeclampsia. if preeclampsia is confirmed, they will need to deliver cos they said it's risky for both me and baby,.

yaer,i bought new hankies and face towel/towels for #2 cos i dun want NB to share with jiejie lah, keep seperate cos NB very sensitive so i prefer to keep seperate set for the new bb.

kaykay actually for nursing bra, i dun recommend those with clips cos when bb cries u will fumble with the clips, best for me is the v cut type and pull down immediately to feed. so no need to deal with the clip and unclipping.

i was wearing bfing bras all the tip even when i go out.. they work like normal bra.

Yeah Mt A gives bath tub so i will not buy a bathtub too.. hahaha. my #1's bath tub was from Mt A and we used till now.

Angie, u use your piegon breast pad inside your nursing bra, cos will leak lah.. and stainand wet the bra.

For me, i preapred more hankies than towels cos i used a lot of hankies, i think now my #2 has at least 2 dozens. for bath towels, only about 3 pieces.

I got the hankies from taka fair 6 pieces for $4.90, quite cheap lor. u will need it to wipe drools, milk stains, vomit everything lah, so 1 day i can go through 5-6 pieces at least.

Heaven, if you have the swing, why don't u use that first, if there is a need then u buy a dual pump.

angie,

no la. wldnt be going to Isetan on fri coz i wldnt be on leave then and I dun intend to take 1 just for the sales. Mayb will go on weekends instead.

i have 6pieces each currently. Based on my #1's time, its enuff la...just tat got to be hardwking and wash everyday lo. kekeke.

and i agree with starfruit, will need more hanky but i am waiting for ppl to give me gift packs sure have de so i will take frm there =X

Viman: aiyo it must be so tiring for u, but are you swollen? One of my friend who had preeclampsia is swollen all over, that is one of the symptoms. Hopefully it isn't...

Starfruit: is the bathtub they give nice? Haa was thinking of buying those infant kinds but soo exp...$59.90...then I think I should stock up more hanky le...

Heaven:- yea the swing is good enuff le.. I think u shldnt invest in another pump yet.. Just try it out first.

Split:- V type nursing bra? If u pull down, will it cover back while ur baby bfeeding latch on??

If the pigeon breastpad will still stain the nursing bra, den why buy the pad?? I tot pad is suppose to absorb the leaks of bmilk?

Back