(2011/05) May 2011

Angie/Viman:- thks on ur advise on nursing bra..

Viman:- hope its not pre-eclampsia for u.. Cos it will hinder the nutrients ur baby absorb..causing ur baby to be small for dates.

Angie, actually the bath tub they gave is a very basic simple one, no special support for nB but its damn big.. hahah my ger still uses it now. If u want those special kind, maybe better u get it outside. But then, u will end up with 2 tubs which takes up space cos u only need 1. i am not too particular about bath tub cos when theya re a baby, i dun bath them long and during NB time, i was actually using a small face basin and wash her on her cot instead of the bathroom.

kaykay, i mean u need to use the beastpad inside the nursing bra, if not will stain your bra cos the breastpad will hold and absorb the leak from your breast. so its ok even if your Nbra is thin.

Don't really understand what you mean by "will it cover back while baby latches"

Val: go on weekends also good, your hubby can carry your loots...I have to carry myself...but the crowd is quite bad...must be careful...went to the it fair and it was so crazily crowded. Luckily nobody bump into me...was so tempted to buy a new camera with good video functions for my boy boy!

Starfruit: wa huge one? Haa have to lug it back home...cam imagine how many stuff my hb have to carry when I discharge. I was thinking the hosp one can put in my mum place since I doing my confinement there, if not next time go visit baby need to bathe v.mafan? I heard they also give diaper bag? If so I dun need to buy le...

Angie, get ur hb to take some of the stuff back daily lah..or put everything in the bathtub and carry back..that is what my hb did last time.

angie, the diaper bag i heard is a Anges B look a like type.. hahah sounds better cos the one i had the last time during my #1 days was super obiang.. hahah but i have a few diaper bags, so may not be using the hospital bags.

Which reminds me i need to pack my hospital bags.

back from lunch...

Kay: thanks for the list, i think i'm almost set already =) yes, the $9.90 one have the clip function at the strap =) 3 colors - beige/pink and I forgot le =P no padding hor...if you check out CK one let me know? hehe...i've been buying bras. I think I have close to 10 le..time to stop. my advice is buy a mixture..the V shape pull down and the clip ones..breast pad is a must coz when it leaks..it might soak thru your top but with padding it might not.

split: if that's the case, then try submitting. At least tried..if reject than so be it =)

Angie: yea lor..coz alot of stuff is very recent 1-2 yrs old only and some things use a while cannot use alr. only big ticket items like children car seat, breast pump will buy after i give birth.

Viman, take care yea~

jerejoy: I booked her too but I don't know how good she is~ =P just book first..haha..

Qn ah..any mummies bought nursing tanks? I saw on TV that angmos wear that at home and bf directly..no bras inside..hehe..lazy me thinking of doing the same too =P

I'm back fr lunch. Went to NEX with my colleagues..another heavy lunch, my gosh!! I think my weight gonna pile up on my next week check-up!

Angie - my girl is a lazy eater. She doesn't like food with rough texture. So threadfin is a big no to her eventhough ppl said is good for kiddos. So I only buy prompet & cod. Prompet can't keep long compared to cod.

Hmm...this preg I'm seriously lack of fish nutrient coz I got prob taking fish even the fish is super fresh! Will try some again this week see how I react to it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I bought 3 dozens of white hanky..KS! coz I use a lot durng #1 :p and 4 bath towels.

starfruit - I think safety 1st got sell the bath tub board for NB use. Maybe can add that board on the Mt A given bath tub instead of buying another tub?

my mil bought 1 dozen hanky and 2-3 bath towels..she went to some place near Bugis to get in bulk..baby tops/shorts/hankies/wrap towel etc..she knows coz she's a nanny at home for kids..haha...

my opinion, no harm getting more hanky, cos def will use and u dun have to rush to wash them.

apple, thanks for the tip may hold back and see if i need, ya no point buying another tub.

bubble ok ok i go pack tonight!! hahah i think the stuff that takes up most space in the bag is my maternity pads!!! hahaha

apple, ur girl sounds exactly like my ger, sometimes when texture too rough (with veggie skins and all) she will gag!!!

V: i think there are a few types of hankies for babies, i have the cheaper type as well (from shops in chinatown) but i find the texture a bit rough, so for NB, i still like to buy those from Taka, OG etc in a pack, cos its softer for baby. When they are bigger, i will use the normal coloured type.

Bubble: oh u are right...can put everything in the bath tub. Just so funny at the idea that he has to carry so many things....

Starfruit: wa really?? Steady la Agnes b look alike...hee I m beginning to love mt a though I have not been there yet. Do u have any idea if they will give us complimentary parking and provide food for our hb if he staying with us in single room?

Apple: maybe can try different cooking method? I m quite lucky, my eating habit is the same as before pregnant...your office is near nex? I haven been there before...v far from my house...

V: I got mine from chinatown, cheap n good too! Got my super comfy nightdress from there too...think I need to stock up more nightdress...

Angie, if u are staying in the single room, i think u will pay a bit mor for HB's meals and board.

Yes parking is complimentary, at least parking is slightly better than TMC. but its a bit diff to get food cos only a cafe there and if u need more food, need to drive out or ask someone to tabao.

I am thinking of bringing just 2 sets of night dresses to the hospital, isit enuff?

starfruit - Just get the board if needed. Don't buy first..kinda waste if u do not use them. I got a bath tub come with detachable board. Must get hb to dig out soon..hehe too many stuffs in storeroom.

My fussy girl gave me hard time doing marketing..but lucky she take simple prep dishes, or else faint! She is selective on fish, meat & vege [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but I was told she eats everything in sch! Too pampered when she is at home.

Angie - I tried steam & fried..but still I got the phobia of the fishy smell no matter how. It causes me nausea badly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] my hb keep nagging on me that I shd start taking fish now..sigh

I have ordered quite a big portion of cod this weekends. Shall see I can get some down on my throat or not.

I also bought 3 button front nightdress from Chinatown. It seems quite big, but is OK la..just wear at home. Easy for bf [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

apple, yeah will hold and not buy first.

hmm, i think i need to go get one more set of the button down night dress, i actually prefer pants set lah. cos easier but for hospital easier if its dress style.

i also cannot stand the smell of fish, even cooked fish is making me nauseous, i will cont to stick to fish oil lah.

Anybody got vv on FB? Have not hear fr her since she goes on MC last Wed. Not sure how is she coping and how's the progress after her gynae visit last Fri.

I have an updated photos & situation fr my Jpn counterpart..our factory & ofc badly affected but lucky no casualty so far. One of our majoy subcon badly hit, out of 5 plants 4 collapsed!!

Cham..my boss kancheong now coz all our inventories & shipments stuck.

V: i also go that bugis wholesale shop got bb tops and hankies.

Agree with starfruit, i use alot of hankies for my #1, i think we bought 2 dozen? this time round i bought 1dozen cos some can still reuse.

Angie: we did that cos hospital dun give plastic bags mah..keke..what my hb did was he go back everynite and he will bring some gifts back home lor.

Starfruit: opps...i only bring 1 set of night dresses to hospital since i will not be changing so freq??

V:- hi 5, I also tot of nursing tops/tanks (those without bra/pad inside de, since breastpad can be stick to the inner layer of our clothings.. Cos at home direct latch on bfeeding no need wear bra inside mah.. I don't wear bra when at home de.. So tot of buying it..

Bubblepearl:- I too lazy to pack my bags & items in the hospital bag.. I shall wait till week 34 den pack =x

starfruit - Mt A parking is not complimentary. It is flat rate $5/day if not mistaken. Definately the carpark situation is much better compared to TMC [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bubble pearl - 1 nitedress enough meh? what if kena stain?

viman,

take care n hope its nt pre-eclampsia for ur case.

angie,

gd n bad la...coz the lit one will also be tagging along...end up 1 of us have to look aft #1 and tat person is most likely hb as i will be looking ard wat to buy. only aft i am done he will help me to bring the stuffs to the cashier to pay...

we are using dslr now so we will cont to use it but v big to bring along to deliver suite. hahaha.

re: hosp bag

i took my bag out then i look at the list and stone...lol.

V,

i dun wear bra at hm. so i wear my hm clothes and just stick the breast pads on the inside of the clothes...

apple,

dun worry la. u have been feasting on durians and u still didnt gain any weight so i think u wldnt pile much during ur next visit too. =)

i duno wats vv's name in FB wo...

I have not pack my hospital bag yet..and I think I do not have enough clothes to wear for confinement, only 3sets..think I need to buy more. Nursing bra I only have 2 from #1 days.

I agree with apple that need a lot of hankies, I have stock up at least 20pcs as nb needs to use 5-6pcs a day and dun think I will wash everyday.

Also have not buy my bath tub, throw away my boy's one when moving house that time so I need to re-buy.

Also I have not got back my bouncer from my cousin..seems like a lot of things not done yet.

Steriliser and pump also not tested..haiz!!

Apple, then how, will your company be affected?? As in financial status..

Val, same, I aso dun wear bra and just stick the breastpad on the clothes..but hor somehow it shift here and there and kanna stain sometimes. My breast kind of become much bigger and sag liao..thinking if i should just wear non wired nursing bra this time round.

apple, really not complimentary, i tot it was, hmm.. hmm this like not good leh.

Bubble: i set not enuff right? yeah what happen if it gets dirty.

starfruit: I think bring 3 sets safer...jus in case...

apple: ya she hasnt log in since last week...dunno what happen to her...btw those u got from chinatown is it a lil translucent? Mine is le...though it is comfy but it is a little 'tou ming'...dunno too obscene to wear during the stay or not esp with ppl visiting.

Val: haa ya we will always be the ones doing the shopping. Dslr? Haa we dunno how to use that le...saw a new sony model...seems quite nice...can take full hd video...dunno shld buy or not...

Val - I think durian won't pile weight on me. Carbo kill me most!! This week jolly well took a lot of high carbo food eg roti prata, rice, noodles..cham

Wayne - we were just talking, next yr VB sure go bonker. Freight cost increased, Jpn production & sales affected..

We were told that our Jpn staffs some are working fr home with limited access coz they do not have full power supply..sigh

Oh ladies, I realised I got some "colostrum" last evening when I took shower! To me it is good news..hehe..means supply gonna kick in fast once deliver [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Angie - I bought the "silk" type of material and this round I learnt to buy dark colours :p I got 3-4pcs during #1 which I bought fr John Little yrs back, cotton material and they are a lil translucent. Must wear nursing bra while in the hospital or cardigan to overlay it.

apple: wow tt is great news...i tot it will only come after bb is born? btw I think one way is to really cut the fish into super small pieces and fry with rice or use more ginger and cook fish porridge and put more pepper. To cover the taste...think fried fish rice will works....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wayne_mummy,

mayb stick a few to "enlarge" the area so the area of "coverage" is bigger. this is wat i did la. unless i wear those singlet or tank top which is tighter then i just use 1 breast pad per side.

actually, wat kind of clothes u all wear for confinement?? i dun have any specific nightdress to pack le....i will be wearing the hosp gown which is breast feeding friendly..

Ya. same case, my breasts more saggy aft prolong breastfeeding + mayb the fact tat i dun wear bra at hm...=( i also contemplating i sld be abit more hardwking and wear non wired nursing bra at hm but its v hot le....esp during confinement period...

angie,

ya lo, coz only we know wat to get. hahaha.

At first we also nt confident with the dslr but coz of my boy, we decided to invest in 1 so as to take better pics...really got diff frm normal digital cam. slowly u will know hw to use it. hehehe.

apple,

then u can cont to feast on durian w/o worrying. hehehe.

dun worry la, u keep ur weight gain well for #1, u will be able to do the same this time rd too =)

Same here. my jap counterpart has only a few hrs with electricity that he can work and access emails coz their gov implement grp blackouts.

wah! so fast u got colostrum le, tats gd. i havent le =(

apple, hmm..last time i brought 3 sets and end up use 1 set. if stain ask hb to bring lor..keke

dslr: wah..i was thinking should i get it..can anyone explain what is FPS? any good one to get? i gong gong on this.

Colostrum: wah..come so fast?? does it mean earlier delivery?

Hi mummies,

i am from the March thread...

would like to let go some brand new bravado bras that i have bought extra. All bras letting go at $38.

collection at yishun/sembawang

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/

1)The original nursing bra (blush - size L : 38-42 C-D)

2)The body silk seamless nursing bra (pink ice - size L)

3)The body silk seamless nursing bra (ivory - size XL)

4)The lifestyle mircofiber nursing bra (hot Pink - size 38D)

pm me if u are interested....

apple, how much is ur night dress from chinatown? My neighbourhood here sell $14.90 and I saw TPY sell $16.90, 100% cotton...

Hi Val, I wear those button in front sleepwear with matching shorts..my dad bought for me one..seven dwarf design..hee..think I need to buy a few more set to change..TMC dun provide hospital gown so meaning I have to bring at least 2 sets..somehow my gynae is those type that discharge fast fast one.

Hmm, sticking a few is heavy investment leh, shall see how it goes..the most is the breast dangling here and there..or leak a bit or the most I just wear bra.

My colleague having the same gynae delivers at 6am, then next day 12pm she discharge liao..seems kind of fast lor. I believe I will be discharge fast if I am natural also.

Apple, that's fast..good news indeed. I hope my supply will come in fast also.

Confinement need wear special clothes de mah?? I tot can just wear normal clothes..

Any one know if deliver at kkh can we video/take photo before & after baby comes out?? As in bring in labour.

Re: Bmilk

Asking those experience mummy who successfully bf before-- how's the first few days when u bfeed?? As in when our milk supply haven't come in yet.. Den hw u all copy?? Keep try latch on?? And hw u get it going? Can share experience. Cos I quite blur abt it.. As in establish a good bfeeding experience.

if can rest one more day in hospital before u discharge cos the nurses can help u take care of the bb while u rest.

wayne, next day discharge is too fast hor.

ok i think i will pre 2 - 3 sets for hospital.

apple, i also tot my breast feels kinda full.. hahah and i think i can see a bit of milk/white stuff built up in them already.

sh, i paid $14.90 for my set of button front top + pants.

Hi Kaykay, for first few days, I only have colostrum but not a lot, definitely not enough to fill baby..but I just let him be, only requested nurse to feed formula once..my mum scold me for being stubborn, starving the baby..but i believe in routine latching in order to let supply come in lor.

re: breastfeeding bras

I agree that the ones soft material ones are quite flimsy for use outside. I buy the padded ones http://momsinmind.com.sg/dropcupbras.html see pic - have clips. But the one I bought from Momsinmind (PLTB: Padded Lace-Trimmed Nursing Bra) no longer available from Momsinmind. Am not sure where else u girls can buy from. Think the $9.90 ones are the ones like the MIM Very BASIC Nursing Bra (black colour) shown in the link?

kaykay - I too lazy to pack too. U know for my #2, I packed just before going to the hospital while in labor. LOL. Don't think I will be so adventureous this time though. :p

re: sticking breastpads to inner layers of clothing. Think if u are at home only ok. But if outside, better put on bra. Will be more embrassing if the breastpads drop out while outside. heheee...

Starfruit, I think so too. Based on my colleague she check in hospital on 27 Dec night, deliver 28 Dec 6am, then discharge on 29 Dec 12pm. Still consider 3D2N but after delivery rest is little oni.

I think I need to change my nick soon cause cannot just call Wayne's mummy, going to be Shawn's mummy too..lol..maybe i change to happymumtobe so you all know who am I, ok?

wayne_mummy,

tats nice of ur dad to get the sets for u =) for me, i just wear normal clothes lo. Oh, okok. I thot hosp will provide hosp gown and gd thing is KK's gown for mothers are bfeeding friendly so i dun have to get any gowns and pack etc.

hahaha. breasts dangling here n there. ya la, if nt just wear bra and stick the breast pads.

wah! ur gynae so fast will discharge if natural delivery. so far, my gynae allows me to stay in 3d2n and extend till 1 week to stay back with my boy. but this time rd, i hope he will discharge me fast coz i will miss my #1 =P

kaykay,

can take video before n aft baby comes out. tats wat my hb did for our #1 back in 2008.

1st few days ss nt in yet, continue to latch n/or pump to stimulate the process. Demand Supply so the more u latch or pump the more supply u will have.

Val:- oh thks! Cos I don't wanna miss out the perfect moment for me and my baby. So gonna take pics & blog abt it..!

Emily:- haha of cos can't go out without bra lurhx!

Wah u zai leh! Pack when gg hospital!!

Re:- Bmilk & bfeeding

I mean, since our breast haven't produce milk supply yet only colustrum den we pump out?? Colustrum abit only also pump?? Can work?? We can start pumping str8??

Really scare baby not enuff milk to drink..

starfruit: i got 2-3 the super absorbent type from BP here. so i'll be using that and the other type my mil bought..hehe..

Angie: u mean nightdress? I got 1 with button in front (also given to me) I'm planning to get another set only maybe with pants bottom type. than that's all. coz i bought the camis so I'll wear with my XXL FBT shorts to zzz at home.

bubble: really? my mil went and buy 1 big bag of stuff back she say will pass to me after she wash~ i am lucky to have her so on.

kay: yea and may so hot somemore so i was thinking tank top not bad. i bought 3 with the removable tab and a few v neck tank that i can just pull to the side - lazy again.hahah..

Val, your top is tight fitting? I also scare the pad will 'sway' ahahah..and i don't want my boobs to 'sag' without bra..will ma?

wayne's mummy: i think when it's bra i super KS but confinement was thinking of wearing tanks and shorts..relax, relax..breathe breathe...

apple: i had discharge/colostrum came last mth..my gynae say so fast also..=X my boobs veins are like super obvious now and also 'fuller' not painful though.. normal??

i think better wear bra if not boobs will droop lah.. hahahah

wayne's so decided on #2's name alreay .. good. i still headache for the bb;s name. cant come to one that both hb and i agree.

Sh - I think $8 per pc. Actually they have a few types, cotton type is $6, top & pants type $8..but I wanna get dark color so I go for the silky type.

I bought from John Lil also cost around $16.90-$22.90 then my fren told me don't buy fr dept store. Get fr pasar malam or chinatown..cheaper.

bubble - Oh for me I need at least 3 coz I'm c-sec, I'll be there 4D3N [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and I hate hospital gown :p

starfruit - when my girl admitted, we paid $5/day to park at Mt A. Last nite when I shower I saw those white colostrum stuck on the nip and I see milk glands and green veins all over the breast..very happy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

starfruit..u very cute lor..hahaha..even up till now i still wearing normal underwired bra..i was originally 34B..than i got 36A and 36B..now wearing 36B lor..wait next month or following than i start no wire one..anyone alr wearing maternity/nursing bras?

wayne mummy - yea u gotta change your nickname [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I cannot wear top & pants PJ coz c-sec wound..it will hurt if the rubber rub on it after gynae remove the plastic.

Yes yes..must wear bra or else the boobs like so heavy dangling :p

V - I also dunno normal or not..hope this is not the sign or early labour. I wanna stick to 0305 for my c-sec..don't wish to deliver so early.

Back