(2011/05) May 2011

melody110, mayb u can arrange ur mum or aunty to pop by ur hse...so to 'keep an eye' on maid...at least they wont b alone with ur kids all d time..

Hihi Mummies,

Finally have some time to sneak in. Whole morning being bug by colleagues...

that is why I strongly dun like the idea of having maids, heard too many stories..but then if really no caregiver, maid will be the only solution or if not infant care is another one...

Btw, mummies who are interested in xmas show by character, can refer to the below..it shows all the show time..going to bring my boy to see Dora and Hi-5 this sunday..

http://cheekiemonkie.blogspot.com/2010/11/updated-christmas-shows-at-malls-2010.html

Hey Wayne's mummy, thanks for the info. Will bring my girl to the Hi-5 one. She really loves them! =)

Re: Maid

Actually i also dun feel too safe to leave the kids with maid. THat's y I'm going to be around to keep an eye on everyone. I was already planning that in the event that i have to go out the whole day without them, I'll prob cart everyone over to my mother or mil's place so that there's always an extra pair of eyes and hands to look-see and help. I guess the maids are like us, have different thresholds of how much each can "ta-han". Somemore it's not their kid, so they naturally dun have the emotional attachment with them. That said, there are also mothers around who may do the same thing when they are frustrated with their own children and don't know what else to do. So i really believe it's a human thing...

mudppie, last time when I had a maid, we sent my maid and boy to my parents home everyday and pick them up after work. Very siong loh, but no choice. I guess this time it will be the same arrangement. I dun feel safe putting bb and maid alone in the home for too long even thou my former maid is ok. We are thinking of asking her to come back.

Val - yes, getting a good maid is like strike lottery! Very difficult to read the maid's mind on how they think and so on..

I also close 1 eye, bo pian..but I have cctv helping me to monitor when I'm at home and I don't let my child spent a lot of time alone with maid.

good afternon ladies!

Dolly, you've got to take care... me too having running nose and slight cough... i think it is the "easily fall sick" season again. Drink more fluids, and go see doc if not better. i have been trying to pump in Vitamin C... seems got improvement, you can try rather than take medicine.

Today's topic is on maids?

I am actually looking for one... anyone want to recommend their agency?

Can i also ask which nationality is your maid? Let's see which nationality wins (haha!)

dolly, take care ah....

i think lately alot of ppl fall sick...rest more over d wkends too..=)

wats for lunch tdy? tdy i bo simi mood think of lunch...sian....

dolly and all mummies, take care ... weather very bad ... cold n super hot ...

drink more water and take more vit C ...

mummies, anyone book for the pre-natal course? i called KKH & TMC, they left with Jan onwards only ... so sad ...

me taking from TMC - Mrs Wong's thurs class starting 20Jan - 8Mar 7-9pm @ AMK Hub ... anyone joining this class?

hope to see u there ...

Heaven, my current new maid fr Phil..used to have Indon for close to 5yrs. Old maid work for 4.5yrs, after her, new Indon all cannot make it!! headache.

Dolly, maybe due to weather and ofc aircon. Aircon environment is bad coz someone fall sick in the building, the virus travel thru all the air vent [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] take care and drink more water.

apple / mudpie : ya lor... awhile cold & then hot... well, was shopping for some grocery last nite, so no hands to open brolly... just dash back to the block from taxi... anyway, think my nose slightly better after a nap... hope don't drip anymore le...

dolly: last night was ver cold think u might have caught a chill.

i had malay rice today.. so yummy!!! after that folled by devouring 3 kiwi fruit...hope i have enuff vit C for today.. hahah cos my colleague at the next cubicle was eating and tempting me.. hahah

I crave for malay food now cos tastier.. but have to take care not to overeat. now i feel so bloated.

mudppie, heard mrs wong's classes very popular, need to book early ...

just now i called TMC Parentcraft, the recept say shd book earlier if not start of class will b very tiring as me abt 26 weeks liao ... didnt know that the classes start every 2mth ... they need to complete the class b4 start new one ...

rach, my frenz recommend me Mrs Wong .. said she super good... saw many good comments on Mrs Wong also...

i just call up Thomson Parentcraft - 6251 4090 to register.

Fees:

if you delivery at TMC and sign up their First Born Incetive (FBI) or SBI (Subsequent Born Incentive), the fee is $182.95

normal walk in w/o the above is $203.30

payment can do 3 weeks b4 class start... juts chop a place first ...

me might change gynae from KKH to Dr Woo ... seeing Dr Woo next wed to see if i'm corfortable... if all goes well, will deliver at TMC .. then apply for the FBI ...

stil entitle to the discount rate after FBI ...

ling, ya....but ok lah..im only at 14wks

hehe...

so mayb go mar class...too early can forget..LOL

nvm lah...mayb by mid dec will decide & book le...

Rach..wer hv u been..hahaha..of cos u miss out alot....just kidding...hehe...

dolly, did u take a hot shower immd when u got home?..hmmm mus take care ah.....

starfruit....drink some hot water...but i realise hor..these period...even if drink lots of fruit juice, hv lots of fruits...oso gets heaty easily...anyone feeling so?

mudpie : didn't lei... after reached home, my girl saw me like seeing her pacifier/milk bottle.. keep on clinging on me.. me too... gets heaty easily even i've been avoiding spicy stuff... wonder is it becuase of the iron which we have been taking?

hai...i ta pao lor mee...pathetic leh...& i order $3 somemore instead of $2.50..d mee soooo little...i finish liao...like 1/2 full nia...i shall not order from tat stall anymore..!!!

3+ later i m gg to make hot cereal...LOL

ling...which gynae u seeing nw ah? u not comfy with current gynae ah? can i ask which dr woo u changing too ah? kekeke....i oso seeing dr woo..but duno same anot...mine is dr woo bit hwa..

mavis, i not sure yet..cos i 1 2 visit hospital tour at mt a...so far i went tmc...feel okok nia..yest serene told me she went tmc tour @ 2pm slot oso show her premium suits...cos last time i went tmc @11am..they told us discharging time..so those 1 bedded etc not available.only show us premium..so hb was saying mayb 1 go bk 1 more time..but judging from wat serene say..mayb i dun 1 waste my time again...so shall go mt a c c if i like..i will choose ter lor..cos alot of frens told me...mt a very home stay & seem like gd reviews on helpful nurse for BF....

wat abt u?

dolly, aiyio...shld hv taken hot bathe immd...mayb u will feel better...

i hvn been taking iron pills alot leh...took twice...then sore throat so i stop...this wk hvn take..went c tcm on wed liao...finish medicaition this 1 2 days will cont...tcm doc oso tell me mus take those supplements doc give..is gd for baby...

hai...but i oredi very hardworking drink fruit juice,eat fruits & take more veg + vit c liao...

last time not like tat de...

mudpie : aiya... too late liao... anyway, want to spend quality time with her 1st before she goes to bed ma... really no choice lor, for the sake of the lil' ones, have to take the iron...

mudppie, the reason why i ask is because i also due on 23 May and i intend to deliver in Mount A....hehehhee....may see you if you choose Mount A. I heard Mount A nurses more attentive compared to TMC. not sure how true.....but i prefer Mount A environment. hehe.....

thanks ling for the info!

when will be the best timing to start attending prenatal class?

mudpie,

i miss you too! ive been no where. just tired & busy at work to login! im thinking whether or not if we can take the pre-natal class together, since our EDD so near each other! i give you my msn, easier to communicate & update each other.

[email protected]

mavis...sure...

i let u noe later date ba...cos my hb is too bz these few wks on wkend to go tour with me...hahaha...

dolly, i bo buy at all leh...omg...hahaha

rach, sure...i add u now...u can msn in ofc 1 rite? LOL

Hi mummies,

Just now went for lunch at Sakae Sushi, now still feeling very full...sleepy..yawn..

mudpie, ling, Mrs Wong class is very good. I attended her class in 2006. She will teach you antenatal exercise, how hubby can massage for you, prepare you for birth and how to take care of baby...can ask her advice for bf also..I attended when I am 20 weeks above.

I have not started on iron pills yet.. still can;t really stomach it.. so only still taking folic now. just realised there is a ulcer coming up on my lips.. maybe i am partially heaty too.

mavis, i really like the midwives at Mt A, even though have not given birth in other hospital so my comments may be bias. They are super experience and attentive, i had a sudden case of infant distress when i was resting in the room and they came in and assisted immediately and called for gynae for immediate delivery.

mudppie, me current at KKh no particular gynae ... under the subsidy one .. long waiting time... so thinking to change... my frenz recommended her, same as ur's ... dr woo bit hwa.. will see him next wed evening at tiong bahru plaza ....

rach, usually around week20... but since we hv not book any, the next intake is in jan ... long wait ...

starfruit, drink more water ...

ling, lol...so qiao...hahaha

i c him usually on sat...

dr woo appt oso nid to wait leh...hehe..got once my appt 935am on sat...wait almost an hr..LOL

but after tat...so far so gd lah...within 30mins...heeee

mudppie, me need to work sat, so left wz mon/wed nite clinic...first visit next wed...

rach, my EDD 25april... delivering shd b at TMC... join the jan - thurs class lah..

icic....ya..he got nite clinic...so is quite convenient if u cun go on wkends...if wkday oso got to work then nid to take lv...

Back