(2011/05) May 2011

jerejoy, you r super lucki .... my hubby very traditional thinking also ... wife stay at home to look after children... but the high living standard in sin doesnt allow us ...

Skye,

i am currently in brisbane for 7 mth.. bored to death..initially was exciting..after a while, food n ppl sucks...

now looking forward to go back home.. expecting my #1..

jerejoy,

my hubby fr airforce, on sponsorship to study here.. they are not allowed to work but spouse is allowed with 20h per week and full time during vacation...

Ling, I agree wif u. Sin living STD is high esp when only one person is working to support the family. So we make a few sacrifice like nt buying condo to stay but only for investments purpose to earn more money. Haha! We prefer to spend more money on our kids education, enrichment classes, gd food and of cos travel.

Wayne's mummy, that is v nice of yr Hubby. Diamonds r women's friend. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mudppie, i suspected the classmate (he's my neighbour' son)started it first and my girl followed... i heard him saying words like "silly", etc... told my girl even classmates started, she also cannot follow... she nodded her head and can't wait to run and play... wonder whether she's listening to me or not...

vv, previously my girl got diahorra/vomit and PD advised to stop her FM. Now we give her FM, she doesn't wants and instead wants milo or strawberry milk... hmm... dun not whether it's change or preference or otherwise... nowadays it's getting diffcult to put my girl to nap or at nite to sleep... i thinking whether i shd put her to full day childcare instead of half day childcare... sigh....

Serene, enjoy yr stay over there.. 4 yrs ago, my husband went to USA for his masters studies and i tagged along... at first found it boring but get to know some sporean tai tais over there and we went for grocery shopping, pot lucks and cooked together that i started to enjoy the stay there ... now i missed the times over there (got no inlaws leh)... spore too stresful.. sigh...

Serene, is yr Hubby a pilot too? For my case, when my hubby goes overseas for work detachment n under accompanied terms, the spouse is nt allowed to work. I used to stay Toowomba (nt sure if it's spelled this way) for a couple of months. It's an hr drive to Brisbane. The pple r pretty nice except the Chinese food sucks n ex too so we will cook for our hubbies to bring to work everyday.

Rach,

I went to the philips sale. Yes, stocked up on bottles as well as teats, also got a rice cooker. I got the steriliser a couple of months back from OG where they got sale, saw it at the Philips sale, same price.

VV,

My boy tend to refuse milk as well a few times. I suspect coz he teething.

So good, all mummies going hoilday. I think i gotta wait for a while, before i can go hoildaying, my hubby was retrenched last year, couldn't get a full time job till last month, his ex-co ask him back again on diff job scope.

wayne: ur hb very good already, still have diamond earrings and ring. HB not into buying jewellery one, i think i prob have to buy for myself!!

Jerejoy: which gov sector is your hb in? any plans to go overseas again. actually also good that ur hb is such a traditional family man. We were also on the same arrangement when my #1 was born (i also came back from an overseas stay with hb) but after 1 year, i decided to go back to the workforce, i dun regret my decision cos i think i have more financial freedom now and its good to be apart from my daughter and let me do my own things (even though i am very sticky to my daughter).I still remembered i suffered from Seperate anxiety when i started work and actually cried.. so silly right! but turned out, my ger adapted much more better than me. I call it "me time" when i am at work, cos once home, i am a 24/7 "mummy" so its good to take a break. I dun think i will quite my job to take care of #2.. sounds so selfish hor.

Auroa, my frd's gal also dislike fm. She stopped bf when her gal was a yr plus and since the she has been letting her girl drink Milo bang or those pkt cow's milk.

I missed states the most. It's a shopping paradise! The branded goods r super cheap there. I bought so much clothes n stuffs from there that we need 40 over boxes to ship our things back to spore.

jerejoy,

yup..he is transport pilot..i also cook for him to bring to school and microwave.. food here taste awful and exp.. but sometimes really dunno what to cook..

toowoomba..should b heli pilot...some of his training frezs are there...

Hi mummies..

I was bz at work whole morning..and helping my colleague to handle some maid issues..sigh

Seems like having maid is really big headache [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Dolly - r u back home to rest? It is no good if migrane prolong.

auroa,

i still prefer singapore..family, friends, food, shopping and everything..

i am getting more n more sian.. hard to find job here.. i have been staying at home for abt 6mth..now working temp in my hubby's frez office for 1 month..going back sin on 16 nov...

Starfruit, defintitely not selfish, I also think it is good to work, at least can help to support a bit financially and still keep in touch with the outside world...But if so lucky like jerejoy, can go overseas, I think I will be SAHM also.

I quitted my job when I am 2 month's pregnant with my #1, and continue to look after him for 1 yr before I rejoin the work force. I think I made the right decision else I think I will go crazy staying at home looking after him. My boy is super mischievous and active...even now looking after him for 2-3 hours after work is tiring.

starfuit/jerejoy..hmmm..I admit hubby very nice to me liao..so guai guai dun travel..maybe just a very nearby one.

Starfruit, my Hubby is in the airforce. No plans for overseas detachment cos I need to do volunteer work for my boy when he turns 4 in 2 yrs time. Plus my Hubby has plans to go SQ. U r nt being selfish. Everyone shld find a balance in life then we will learn to appreciate our love ones more. I hv seen sahm who dont look after the kids n merely putting them in whole day childcare. I dun understand why they chose to be sahm in the first place. Yet there r some working mum who children r so smart n obedient cos they spend their time bonding with the kids whenever they r at home.

Serene, dun feel bored. U can start counting down. 14 days more to go. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope our ms will be gone by then n we can start our gathering.

jerejoy, i missed the outlet there.. so cheap and even coach brand is cheap compared to spore... but as i not working, hve to control my spending... bought a few items that i wanted to buy... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

serene, actually after staying abroad, spore is the best place... easy to find toilet, rubbish bins and food... in USA, shops closed at 5pm and restaurant closed latest by 9pm... not much nite life there.... so abit sian...

bbpooh,

i bought the milk bottles bundle as well..

OG sales also selling same price with all the freebies? my friend bought the rice cooker as well..

i thought the steriliser was really a good deal!

jerejoy and serene: my hb was in the airforce too but now in pte sector avaiation line as well.. heheh wha maybe they know each other hor.. heheh

wayne: thanks for your comforting words.. dunno, i just feel its tuff to be a mum nowadays, society expects so much of you. Sometime, i am guilty of throwing my daughter to my MIL (she is the main caregiver now) so that i can have a breather and this is despite the fact that i am a FTWM! but i am really appreciative of my MIL who has taken so good care of my daughter so far. Will have major headache when #2 arrives cos dunno how to arrange for child care.

jerejoy: ya i agree with u, not everyone can be SAHM, but i realised that for that 1 yr when i was taking care of my daughter, my whole world revolves around her and just her, everyday and all the time, all i talk about is just her. I only started to re-connect back with my frens, have my own activities when i came back to work. i think this way is healtier and a better arrangement for me.. heheh

jerejoy: i also wanna count down to end of 1st tri!!!

Thanks Mummies

Then I rest my mind, means my boy's tastebuds are changing to sth heavier flavour. He likes to drink the doraemon yoghurt drink... I think because its sweeter.

Starfruit

I think u are not selfish too. If we are as lucky like Jerejoy, we can also be SAHM too de.. For me, I dun mind working or SAHM. Important is my hubby comfortable with whichever arrangement. But I still prefer to to have own $$ la... U know, every weekend I also "throw" my boy to my Mom while @ my mom place while I hide in my sis' room watch HK Series, sleep & relax...

Jerejoy

Oh ok, but still good to have exposure at overseas. Not bad le.

Dolly

Glad to know u ok.. See tomorrow's condition. I agree, see laptop too much, will have migraine. Sometimes I see mine too much, I also feel headache... need to stand up, take water and do some "stretching"

Aurora: Hi5, i fully agree with u, after living overseas, i also find that singapore is the best, food available 24/7, shops open till late at night, safe, easy to move around...hehehe. I sound so pariotic

starfruit: dun mention, I aso find it tough to be a mum nowadays especially when we need to work and look after kid after work. But my parents really help me a lot. Now that my hubby has been working OT for the past 3 months and will last until mid nov, my parents help me to take care of my boy in the evening also so that I can rest on my bed..cause they know I am tired.

how old is your gal?? If your MIL helps you take care of baby, maybe send your gal to full time CC? My boy is in full time CC since 24 months and my mum will help me with the baby next yr.

My boy will be in K1 next yr, stress...pace is fast and competitive nowadays...and after that I have to worry abt which school to choose.

dolly: forgot to mention, i wanted to suggest if the comp screen is causing yoru migrain, i tink u should consider getting an anti-glare filter for your monitor, it will cut glare down and hopefully dun trigger your headache so easily.

Wayne: my ger is 3. she is in Pre-N now, will be in N next yr. she is only attending 3 hr church kindy. i am reluctant to put her in full time CC cos i know she will have a hard time adjusting. I love her current school/teacher/environment so will cont there. Was thinking worst come to worst, i put #2 in infant care. hehe

vv: Ya... so we'll just have to live with it and bring something to be less bored.

starfruit: I work part time so I try to go on my off days. Alternatively, i did ask for MC so I dun have to take my leave.

Re: Work or stay at home

I've made the decision to stop work and stay at home to look after both kids. We'll be employing a maid to help with the housework and just look see the kids when i need to go to the toilet or take a breather in the day. Well, i'm pretty sure this will hurt our wallets and I'm also quite affirmative that this will make me slightly mad... But it's kinda no choice really. Maybe when the kids are a bit older and i think my maid can be left alone, then will i consider doing some part time job. Good thing is that my position is always in demand so i dun have to worry about not being able to find work. =P

At least this time i'll have a more realistic view of how a SAHM will be. Haha...

vv / starfruit : where to get the anti-glare for the laptop? wow lao... screen so small & i've to input figures... very xiong... remember few months back before pregnancy... have migraine attacked and consulted my family doctor. He advised, no reading of PC, no cheese, no milk, no chocolate, no spicy, no sourish... all these will trigger migraine... so i've avoid most of the item le... except reading of PC... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hannah, which industry u in?cos u said ur position alwas in high demand...hehe

i like d idea of being SAHM.unless financially allow.if not, cannot afford to go holidays,dine in rest etc..

working part time mayb not be a bad idea... =)

Dolly, those shops selling computer acessories will have. It is better to get as laptop screen and wording is small, it will strain the eyes and thus causing migraine.

hannah: so you tender your resignation already or you will quit when you going to deliver?

dolly - I'm using 3M anti-glare screen protector for laptop. Previously I bought 1 lousy brand..cheaper by half..but give me more headache coz the reflection is bad. U try..3M really good, but ex! Can get from Challenger.

muddpie: I'm social worker. Always in demand. =)

Will have to sacrifice some things lor...

Wayne's mummy: I already told my boss about my plans but will only tender in Jan. So will have some time to look for maid and also adjust to being a SAHM.

Rach: I struggled with being a SAHM the first time coz I painted this rosy picture of how my baby will go to sleep after milk and I'll get time to rest or read, like out of magazine kinda life. Reality was that I had to quickly pump milk when she slept coz I couldn't latch her on and she will sometimes want my attention and cry. So my fantasy and reality clashed real badly. That's y i have adjusted my expectations this time and also noted where i needed help so that I dun kill myself being the perfect SAHM that i've always envisioned. =)

dolly: all computer shops sells, challeger, Harvey Norman, electronic shops also have. make sure u measure your screen before you buy, cos its no cheap, so dun get the wrong size. Alternatively, u may wanna check if your co's IT dept can provide for it FOC>

Hannah: i was smiling when i read your post. agree with u, the reality is usually very differnt from when we envisage.. heheeh. ya i realised i was so tired from being a SAHM, apart from taking care of bb, i had to do housework and cook as well.. heheh better for me to come to work.

starfruit: Yep, realised i was such a cranky, angry woman and that was the last thing I wanted my kid to experience me! My husband got it worse of course... Hahaha... But I'm willing to try again. Let's see how I cope this time. =)

Hannah/starfruit: agree, it is usually what we think. I put on 6kg when I was a SAHM for 1 yr. When baby is sleeping, I watch tv and eat, then prepare for dinner..never buy much clothes cause hubby says I only go market, no need to buy so many.

And this 6kg has been with me till now..and now need to put on somemore.

Btw, do your have any recommendation on massage lady. Back then when i have my boy, I did not engage any, this time round I want.

Wayne: i also need massage lady's contact, maybe will ask my colleague. The one i engeged the last time turned out to be a unrealiable one who cheated some mummies of their $$. i was luckym i got back half of the money i paid for her package. only did 4 sessions out of the 8.

starfruit/hannah: I saw from other thread that these 2 massage shop quite good. Dunno if anyone has tried from them before.

http://www.jamumassage.com/

www.malayheritagejamumassage.blogspot.com

I intend to get 10 sessions as my tummy is really too big and flabby. A lot of my colleagues know I am pregnant already even though I am only reaching 11 weeks this thur, all thanks to my big tummy[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Wayne: i wanna got a malay massage lady that can comes to my place lah cos a bit inconvenient to leave my house during the 1st montj. during my #1 time, i remember there was a mad rokiah etc .. must go dig thru the forum and find the contacts.

starfruit - I took mdm rokiah package for #1 too, not sure she is still doing house call..coz I remembered she has a spa now.

apple/starfruit, the link i gave above is for housecall. I dun want to travel also. And the 1st one is open by mdm rokiah, but i heard now she no longer do massage for ppl, only her staff. But all train by her. The 2nd one is open by her husband, staff also train by her.

Hi ladies,

I going off liao...chat again tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening and dinner[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wayne: oh, i didn't realised its by her... ok let me go see her rates. i will try and check with my colleagues if they have any recommendations.

i admire mummies who r prepare to be SAHM. I can't. I dun have the patience. will end up screaming at the children.

so for both the children, my hb and my sanity, better for me to work. HB prefer me to stay at home but he also agrees i will go bonkers.

jerejoy & serene,

I'll be going to Canberra. super ulu place though..and i'm more worried about the cold over there cos the winters are like 0 degrees. Hope i can adjust to the place. :S

My mil will be coming with us in the beginning and also when i deliver to help me with my first month.

gonna miss SG & all the delicious food! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/proud.gif]

knock off time..have a good rest mummies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back