(2011/05) May 2011

aquariusmum,

Welcome!

We have the same gynae!

talking about driving, i haven't drove for so many years, my hubby got car last year, so far, i only tried once, he very worried. Ha ha, think i need to go for re-fresher course. Think it is good to know how to drive, esp when hubby is not well, etc, we can still use the car...

auroa, try to get sufficient rest as much as possible, though it's not as easy with your girl being around. you need the rest to recover.

dolly, i didn't know obimin will cause constipation. was worried about my toilet frequency.

starfruit...I am celebrating 3 days for my boy and I will have 3 cakes..cause I am organising a bday cum housewarming affair. I ordered cuppies from Yan (found in bp thread) for school, then 1 from bengawan solo and another 1 from a homebaker. This will be the last time celebrating with relatives as I kind of pai say to invite them so many yrs. Some more next yr will have full month celebration, must go light on their pocket..keke

welcome Julbee/xris/Aquarius to our family!!

when can we start taking obimin, my gynae presribe it to me at week 10 but i have not start taking it.

Auroa/Aquarius, I also have big tummy, looks like 5-6 months. Yty saw my mum's neighour, 1 look she knew i am pregnant and ask me how many months, i so pai say to tell her coming to 3 months next week. Then just so happen, my sec school friend walk pass me also and saw me..this morning she msn me and say my tummy is big..dunno how...in fact i only put on 0.5kg but tummy is super big liao.

Auroa & Aquariusmum,

I am taking Annum too. I took it for my #1 and now every morning as well. I find it taste better than other brands. You know, I gained about 20+ kg for my #1, now think about it, Annum could be the culprit, plus I oso had water retention. Ha ha.

Hannah, can help to add me in the list?

Nick: Wayne's Mummy / FTWM

EDD: 26 May 2011

Kid: #2

Gynae: Dr Benjamin Tham

Hospital: TMC

Stay: Holland Ave

Thanks, thanks.

Auroa - Yes, drink 1 glass per day since 4 weeks bk... Not too sure whether is full cream, but the taste is quite nice. I bring the powder to office so that I can drink in between when I felt hungry... So, base on current situation, shd I stop drinking milk and soya bean milk??? Erm.....I really gain quite a lot for just few weeks preggie lo, quite upset abt it...Face so round like when I'm kid.. (so called the cute cute apple face) Haha [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bbpoohfamily - Oh, we are having the same gynae [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] So have you sign up the package with him, I think his rate are very reasonable.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ok, i am seriously spamming everyone... Will post another update by 12nn so for everyone who wants to add in information, please let me know by then.

mudppie! I don't have your details! Let me know if you want me to put in your info ok? =)

Starfruit/Dolly

Yeah, am taking the multivits with iron - Iberet Folic or sth de, different name. No wonder la, 2 days no bowel movement. Cham! Now my tum mah-chiam like 5mths preggie, looks bloated and round... :-(

Aquarius

Welcome!

I am just sipping soyabean milk. Its seems like so quench-thirsting and I kept drinking non-stop. Maybe thats why I feel more bloated now. :-(

Auroa

Same here. I can understand exactly how u feel. I also cant seem to control my temper. My fuse is very very short even in office which is not good. At home, my boy will make me so fed up. Esp in the morning, he refused to go childcare. I honestly run out of ideas what to coax him to school. Now he knows my "tricks" somehow, and pretend to say he will wear uniform himself which he actually tricked me de. Then made me so fed up with him this morning, am almost late for work. And when I get fed up/pissed off with him, I will have cramps... Haz.

I think maybe u try to put her to full-day childcare. If u calculate, its rather "bo-wah" to put her 1/2 day cos the difference not much if compared to full day. At full day, can learn more things in sch and also they have proper teatime snacks as u know, at home, like my boy will eat "junk food". Even Sat if Im not going back my mom place, I will put him 1/2 day childcare. Normal days, he is on full day childcare. At least full day, u can have more time to rest and do your stuffs. And then since u are at home, u do not need to wait till zhun zhun 6.55 pm (since closed @ 7pm) then go pick her. U can like say, pick her up @ 5plus or 6 when u finished all your chores and stuffs & dinner. I feel its better this way lo. Consider it. My fren doing the same thing too. Her boy full day @ childcare, then she will pick him up at about 5plus. Then afternoon, sometimes she can go run errands and etc. She is also expecting #2 now, due in Jan 2011.

hi aquariusmum and bbpoohfamily,

i will be seeing Dr Wong when i am back in mid nov..i understand he charge btw $650- $800...if say by referral, issit cheaper?hee.. do u start when u visit him on the first visit?i will be 4th mth when i see him..currently in australia..

Aquariusmum,

i will be moving to bp next year..still waiting for my bto flat to be ready..

hannah,

thank u for the update..

EDD: 1 May 2011

Kid: #1

Gynae : Dr Wong Mun Tat

Hospital: TMC or Mt Alvernia

Stay: Choa Chu Kang

i did not put on weight as of now.. only tummy showing a bit especially at night.. morning after pee, went flat again..

my limbs are still like pre-pregnancy state..hopefully can maintain..haha..i super envy ppl with tummy growing only during pregnancy.. my mum and sis put on a lot of weight during pregnancy..really pray hard not to be part of them...hee

vv..blur me, i think i reply wrongly of the bday thingy to starfruit instead of you..keke..

Seems like a lot of mummies seeing Dr Wong MT. I just swtich over from him to Dr Benjamin Tham...

vv,

take more fibre stuff..if u force ur way, high chance it will bleed... at the later trimester, pregnant woman do have piles..better take care...

sometimes i also dun poo after 2 days..

dolly, yes, she's in "T2" stage... before i got preg, i got patience to explain to her.. i can explain to her till she falls asleep on my lap leh (must be very nagging and boring).. but now, dun hve the energy/patience to do it.. maybe bcos sick and 1st trimester more tired, that once she does something wrong, she will get smacked till she so scared that sometimes she will tell me "mmummy, no smacking, ok".. "mummy, dun smack me anymore, i love u"...even my hubby said nowadays i so fierce with my girl... quite sad...

Wayne's mummy, my gyane said that will prescribe me the mulit-vitamins at next visit (maybe ard 12 or 13 weeks)...

joycep, actually folic acid will also cause constipation but will depends on individuals.. try to eat more fibre food...

Hannah, my girl is in am half day childcare.. she stays there for nearly 4 hrs and comes back for her nap... sometimes she will nap for 2 to 3 hrs which i will get to rest/nap too.. but recently she doesn't want to sleep (but she wants to sleep as she kept rubbing her eyes), trying to keep her eyes awake and finally gave in till she cannot tahan anymore... i heard from friends that children will behave like that when mummies are expecting and will be ok when in 2nd trimester.... keeping my fingers cross...

Yoyo - I love milk and Soya milk.. But base on current situation, need to control abit le.

Serene - oh, maybe in future u will be staying very near me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] cause got one flat which is building right now, is just across the street [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] No sepcial rate for referral, is S$680 for the package, but I think is really a very good deal compared to those without offering package de.

morning everyone....

can some1 help to put my info in? i duno hw to insert wor...hehe..thanks ah..

Nickname:mudppie

FTWM

EDD: 23 May

Gynae: Dr Woo B H

Hospital: Mt A / TMC

BB# 1

wayne's mummy,

y u switch him over to Dr Tham? i heard good review abt him..althru i have not met him, but tot of signing package with him..hee

Auroa: Ohh.... Ya hor, remembered that you had to pick her up with your neighbour. Well, you have to observe her more ba. If she's really more manja coz of your pregnancy, then i guess it's having to reassure her more. I know it's difficult coz you are also having more emotional swings now but it can help you in the future as well... But you observe ba. I think when your energy pick up in the 2nd trimester, things might be better. Do consider full-time child care if your finances permit since you still have the option of putting her there when you need the extra time to rest or recharge. Hope that helps... =)

aquariusmum,

my new flat is segar meadow.. handover will be apr-jun..

i tot got special rate for referral..haha...thanks for the rate

Dolly/Serene

Yeah loh..Now halfway having the feel liao to toilet.. Haha... Wont force the way la, I also scared scared lo cos I remembered initially I got a little blood cos cant poo at the very initial stage.

Wayne

No problem. Wow, 3 cakes.. Uhmm, actually I dun pantang de, but my hubby is. Anyway, I think next Year I will do a mini celeb in his school then (shd be). Depends to see if the good teachers (the few of them) still there a not by next year. I am thinking of changing sch for my boy next year cos I feel like my boy dun enjoy this childcare anymore.

Today super busy @ work... So sian!!! But will still take time to forum 1st.. Hahahaa, 1st priority!

Anyone know where to get interest-free installment for Camera other than Courts?

Aquariusmum, actually Dr Wong is not bad, just that I cannot stand him being not much expression. I need a gynae who is patient and very re-assuring cause I always worry and have a lot of question to ask. I think the main reason is he is like a piece of wood during delivery, standing at the end of the bed, waiting for baby to come out. No words of encouragement.

One more thing is last time his package is very cheap, but when i visit him again for my no. 2 he charge me $225 for scan, consultation and med which i think is ex.

But his stitching is quite good, I can come down and walk the 2nd day. I also very good and familiar with the nurses.

You got to see for yourself. This is just my personal experience with him.

dolly, needs lots of patience.. i shared with other parents (my girls's classmates).. my girl seems to hve the mildest T2 stage... one of the mummy who is preg and due in Jan 11, her girl is going thru the "bad patches of T2 stages).. child dun want to go to school, can't control her temper, cries almost all the time, pushes her classmates (including my girl) and even withdrawn in a corner in school and cries non-stop till the teacher hve to call the parents to fetch her home... now she's better .. thanks to the form teacher who patiently explained and accompany her thru the stages... her mummy was so stressed that time as her hubby was on 1 mth ICT and she have to drop her work and fetch her girl home whenever the school calls up...

talking abt pooing, I also have difficulties, sometimes I will try to force a bit. gynae prescirbe me with contispation pills but i did not take, trying to refrain taking too many med.

Currently I am prescribe with Obimin, Calcium pill, folic acid and flaxseed oil (cause i can't take fish oil). I hate medication...

wayne's mummy,

thanks for sharing..i think its up to individual..i also do not noe what i am looking for.. mayb caring and answers to my enquiries bah..haha

i jus finished cheese & ckn mayo sandwich with milktea..hehe

duno y..i had like cravings for such mayo sandwiches..& can eat diff types everyday...but trying to limit myself..cos got mayo...hehehe

anybody got prob with fishy fish ah? yest mum cooked salmon.i had 1 mouth only this fishy smell kinda gushed thru my head & cun eat anymore..terrible leh..i love all kinds of fish b4 preggie..but d day b4 mum steam fish..was like ok wor...hai..wonder salmon belongs to more 'fishy' category..

aquariusmum,

i oso put on alot of wgt.my # 1.when i was 5-6wks went c gynae.weighing mach oredi show i put on like almost 2kg.then 2.5wks later go gynae again..put on another kg.nw dun dare to c mach liao...my tummy oso bigger.tight fit clothes cannot wear.all my pants/jeans cannot button when im like 6-7wks.i tink sometimes is due to water inside ur body.mayb not b exactly u put on alot of weight in terms of calories..most impt is eating rite & hv enuff nutrients for bb...=) dun worry. can alwas lose after birth...hehe...tats hw i console myself..lol

yoyo, mayb u drink more water & take more fruits & veg to help in bowel..

the last couple of wks,taking multivits & fishoil makes me feel like puking & swallowing tablet seem so difficult...i dun hv this prob b4 preggie leh..sian...

vv : there'll be a IT fair on this weekend @ expo.. you wanna check it out? they might have special price for digital camera...

auroa : wow... that sounds scary...

Hannah, thanks...finance wise, still able to cope.. luckily my hubby can claim $100 from company for childcare subsidy... i waiting for the next yr N1 time table to come out... their school got enrichment class from N1 onwards... thought of signing her up.. the class normally finishes by 4pm... i saw from this yr N1 class got speech & drama, swimming lessons, etc... thought of signing up this 2 for her... maybe 2 enrichment programs for her and she goes full day twice a week and the rest is half day...

Serene, yes, you have to experience yourself. My friend last time with Dr Wong also says she won't go back to him..

I not badmouthing him, I still see him after my no.1, for my mc. He did DC for me in march and after that I continue to see him..just that for this no. 2 I decided to switch to Dr tham.

Mudpie!!

How hv u been? Very busy arh? I took alot of veg leh. But not much fruits la. I drink fruit juice instead, can bo arh? How's yr breakfast today?

Dolly

IT fair got credit card installment plan bo? Cos I dun wan spend lump sum one shot.. Heheeee...

dolly,

yes quite bz since last thur until today...still got to b bz until end of the mth..hehe then boss flying to US..so nobody will bug me for 1.5weeks...i m seriously looking 4ward for him to fly off soon...whahahaha

usually i will come in forum ard 10+...

so while eating my bfast i will read all the threads u all post....keep me bz for at least 15mins..LOL

i love reading wat u all post...hehe....

mudppie, ya, i find that nowadays fish smells fishy and once put inside mouth, i will ask my hubby "is the fish spolit, how come got funny taste"... heheeee..

dolly, dun worry abt it... different children reacts differently to T2 stages... observe yr girl (mummies will know best when the child behavious starts to change).. then will be time to "lecture" liao... i heard that when reach age 3, they will be more "stable" and less moods/behaviour problems... got to endure now.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wayne's mummy - Thanks for sharing, somehow I agree what you say - not much of expression, take thing more easy... keke[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] But so far I think he's still okay, is really up to individual preference [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Anyway, as long as baby grown well, everything shd be okay....

Mudppie - Thanks.. I started to gain weight before I knew I'm preggie lor.. I think time to start choosing healthy foods to eat and stop snacking for 2-3 mths.. Must maintain my weight gain....

dolly/Auroa...hmmm talking abt T2 stages..i think my boy now 4yrs, still the same..mischievous and active. That day I brought him to 2 furniture shop, he was running all over the place, I told him not to run but he simply ignore. Then when we were choosing the colours for the wardrobe door, he accidently drop the wooden sample on the floor, almost hit his toes..I was so angry and hit his tight.

Everytime go out, he sure to do something made me angry..hubby says our birthdate clash..I dun know when he will be able to listen to what I say...

Back