(2011/05) May 2011

bunnymim, welcome...

no worry, it is part of the pregnancy journey ... u will feel better when come to 2nd trim...

diff mummies hv diff experience.... i envy those who hv nausea ... as i dont hv any ....

cheeful, apple,

i went to modern maternity at habourfront. i tink they shld hv other outlets.they hv a website http://www.modern-maternity.com/

d outlet i went hor..i duno if d lady who serve me is d lady boss anot..wah liao..she very hardworking & friendlynpromoting..let me try all kinds of pants, shorts,tops etc.which is gd..but my 1st visit ter was like jus to get pants & shorts cos mine all cun fit liao..no intention to get tops until tummy gets bigger..so i think when u visit such outlets, jus hv very firm...buy wat u nid regardless of hw they promote their stuff...although she is not very pushy..but after u try will still ask y u dun 1 2 choose since it fits u well....

if u free can go to d shops to take a look lor... =)

ooh.. harbourfront centre? i don't mind gg there, cos quite near to my work place. haha... yah.. some of my pants are getting tighter and tighter. some of my colleagues passed me some clothes, but i cant fit them. and some are really not my style. i get depressed just seeing those clothes. sigh...

my fingers are bloated now. think cos of water retention. it is so depressing.

hi Ling, so nice no nausea.

why envy those with nausea? it's a terrible feeling.. esp eat n puke after each meal..

When exactly is 2nd trimester starting? I always thought it would be Week 12

Mudpie, I bought my pants fr them at united sq outlet. I find their tops all similar cutting just different materials..so nvr buy tops. I luv their pants..hehe the cutting suits me better

bunnymum,

welcome! My ms was bad for the past few weeks too. But it seems to be less suffering now for me now that I'm reaching the 14th week. Hang on ya! Yr ms shld be over soon.

cheerful, if u can fit in the pants but can't button or zip, I suggest u buy the bellaband. Then u don't hv to buy the maternity pants.

welcome bunnymum!!

I just bought a causal 3/4 jeans from vivo city yty. But somehow i think now i feel is a bit tight...receipt throw liao, dun think can exchange..

just has economical rice also, cannot finish, really no appetite..maybe later go buy mr bean pancake.

me also not so sure of 2nd trim, heard is either 14 or 15 weeks ...

i know ms is terrible feeling, but also means bb growing ...

me were so worried whether bb growing or not ... keeping asking my mom is it normal ... my mom jus scold me, saying that no ms stil want ms ...keke

jerejoy, where can buy bellaband? i went a few shops, but they didnt sell .. thought of getting one ...

dolly,

drooling over yr mee soto. Having oatmeal now. Boring as usual. Lazy to go down to the coffeeshop to buy. Cook watercress soup for boy but didn't like the soup myself.

dolly...ur appetite is gd..LOL...keep it up...hahaha

apple, yea agree..her pants & shorts the belly band part..i like..LOL..is soft & cutting is ok for me..tts y i bought too.somehw find their tops abit exp to buy..so only bought 1..& i hvn even started wearing..but i like pokka dots..so i buy 1st..mus b very firm when gg to tat hbf shop if is tat lady who serve me...LOL..she keep saying..since u nid to wear..y dun wear now..buying later oso nid to wear wat...omg!!!but i tell myself..her stuff r not tat cheap..& still a long way to go..can slowly find at other place which sell cheaper & nice maternity wear..

i bought 1 long jeans from them...then was telling hb..her jeans cost more exp than my zara jeans!!LOL & zara jeans comes with diamond studs at d pockets..mm de..dun hv...whahahaha

jerejoy / mudpie : my appetite's only good during the day time... will be very bad after work... sigh... don't know why?

bunnymum : welcome to our family...

ling,

had d same tot as u..cos i dun hv much ms..except i cun go over hungry.if not will feel like puking..so to me hv ms means bb is growing..& doc appt is so far away...cun help feeling unsecure whether bb growing well anot..except abit of cramps here & ter..so i keep consoling myself bb is growing well...LOL

jerejoy, tks for the info ...

dolly, me same, wanted to eat mee soto since last week, but the malay stall near my office dont sell it everyday ... today is mee rebus ... i had it last fri ... will try again 2molo to see if they sell mee soto or not ...

Ling, understand what you mean. I guess if one day my MS were to disappear suddenly, I probably feel the same as well.

Are you gals taking the supplements diligently as well? Me phobia of pills.. it is really a challenge to me now.

bunnymum,is this ur 1st bb?

so ur doc oredi prescribe supplements for u liao ah? i noe to take folic acid now is quite impt..

mayb u 1 2 break d pills into 2 b4 u take them?

Dolly, ic... maybe next time i ask my gynae abt it...personal advice if using the eye gel, dun use if wearing make up. U need to put inside the fridge and use a hanky/cloth to wrap ard it and strap it ard yr eyes (directly contacting the eyes will be too cold). It might "spoil" yr eye-make... maybe u try NTUC pharmacy... last time my boss very demanding and drives me up to the wall (that's how i got migraine), i bought stick on eye pad and last abt 6 hrs(it got a cooling effect), i just stick it on the area where the headache hurts (got liang liang feeling)... i also use it during office hrs.. my boss saw it and asked me what's that...i told her i got terrible headache and she just walked away.. the eye gel pad is more for using at home and can also soothe tired eyes too... i used it when i bf at nite .. really helps and can sleep very well after that...

bunnymum, welcome... is your MS very bad.. for me, i hardly experience MS.. except for last sun which i woke up late (too hungry) that i vommitted.. if yr MS is in the morning, put a cracker/biscuits beside yr bed, before getting up fr the bed, take a few bites. I heard that eatting too full will also causes MS or heartburn... if this is so, break yr meals into smaller meals... our digestion will slow down 20%, so it's better to eat small meals daily... some mummies experience puking after drinking plain water, they put honey with lemon in their plain water (i tried too and i find it quite good to drink since we can't take cold drinks).. u might want to try it out...

dolly, it's a few strips of eye pad which can be sticked onto the area that u want to paste (got similar effects of eye gel pad)... it was recommended by my colleague.. i bought it at NTUC pharmacy as it's near my workplace... after i transferred from the dept (it was abt 4 yrs ago liao), i dun use it as not too stress as before... not sure whether other pharmacy got sell.. can check with the pharmacy.. tell them it's stick on and got cooling effect and for headache purposes... for the bodyshop eye gel pad, i use it at nite when i hve tired eyes and weekends migraine (after meeting my inlaws, i always hve migraine) heheheee

dolly/apple, oh yes, the fever pad cooling pad can helps too.. also got liang liang effect.. cut it into thin long strips (dun put too big strips and paste it onto yr forhead... if too cold, scald u will catch a cold), the rest of the strips can use for a few nites or keep for longer usage...

apple / auroa : will it look very funny if i would to stick the fever pad while in office? My migraine will attach if two consecutive nite didn't have a good nite sleep...

i am taking folic acid, multi vit, calcium and hormone pills from the gynae. I already broke the bigger pills into 2, trying v hard to eat so many med everyday.

It is so true, plain water makes me gag n taste so bitter to me too (having a sick man's tongue now). I tried honey water n it works but I restrict to once a day, in case too much sugar for me. I am mixing those counter fruit juices with water so that i can drink more water as well but only taking it in sips.

I eat v little portions now too. I find myself feeling nausea on food all the time n at times I will just throw up everything esp rice during dinner.

dolly, dun worry abt "looking funny"... most impt, relieve yr headache first.. u know if we get migraine/headaches and dun do anything abt it, we will feel very stress and blood pressure will rises up... that's how i got pre-emclassia for my 1st preg.. din want to take pandol and try to endure abt it.... if blood pressure too hight, will endanger the mum (got fit or coma) and bb will be in danger.. so better to play safe..

hello mummies,

wat u all have for lunch? I had hot seafood soup with bee hoon, helps to clear my nose a bit. My nose is still very stuffy and runny after 5 days. Medicine doesn't seems to help...

In respect of sex drive, this preg I seem to have higher but a bit too tired to do… haha, coupled with the sickness. I was down with flu, then my hubby admitted hospital, then my kid sick then now my flu back

dolly, ya, when the body temp goes up, it tends to irriate me and migraine might comes... i more sensitive to lights and white noise, it causes bigger effect and got those nerves ard my right sidd of the head "jumping very fast" and i got to calm it down either by taking pandol or using the eye gel pad... my gynae said that if i experience migraine/headaches for 2nd pregnancy, dun hestiate to take pandadol (but not too many a day) as my BP will rises up... if BP too high in early preg is not good and if dun control well, might need hospitalisation and meds to control it...

tried carrot cake for lunch, hopefully it stays in and not get out later in the day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] miss eating carrot cake for 3 months.

Dolly, otherwise can cut the gel pad into smaller pics and paste it on your forhead and use yr hair to cover it up... do take care... migraine sometimes can be very scary.. my most scary experience is that i vommitted a few times(not preg at that time).. really awful feeling...

Dolly

Take care yeah! And better go see GP later if not feeling good. Im now sniffing away, trying not to take med too and drinking tons of water. Felt like gonna have fever soon.

I also have the eye pad from Body shop, very cool and good to put on the eye, dolly, you can try and put it at home...quite good.

I have been feeling cold instead of hot leh..aircon 26 degree at home also feel cold..

wayne: same here i have been feeling cold and sometime i will get chill attack where i need o wrap myself in thick thick blankets. didn;t have this when i had #1... so its quite weird. i think need to speak to doc about it.

mudpie : cannot loh... migraine/backache are killing me now...he give for me today half day.. told him i can't go off... he told me off saying "i want to be heroine"? wow lao... as i want to be lor? since yesterday noon till now... then he told me if sleep too much also can migraine... i told him... i don't have enough sleep... then he add: "worst still"... haiz....

dolly,

alamak..wat kind of GP he is...omg...tmr early morning tink u go c him...ask for mc ah...who dun 1 2 take mc & go hm rest when u r in such a pain...hai...

winnedy, did u consult GP for medication to clear ur block nose?or mayb u can apply vicks to ur nose..helps abit with nose block wor...

Back