(2011/05) May 2011

auroa, me also driving up to penang at 2nd week of dec.. actually is to visit my grandma there.. will be going after work in evening then stop over at malacca.. continue the next morning.. and when coming back, we will stop over at KL overnite then to singapore..

mummies, morning ... nice nice cooling morning ...

me at work ... till 1.30pm ...

later will go home n continue my beauty sleep ....

Happy halloween everyone! How was ur weekend?

Just weigh myself found out i lost 3 kg. Cant wait for 1st tri to be over so tat i can start gaining some weight.

Good morning mummies!

Petpetjunior,

Hope your ds recover soon..

Re: bloating

Anyone facing the same problem as me? What shd I do?

Good morning mummies..

Lazy Monday..am at home today [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] gonna be a short working week as Fri is public holiday..hooray

Petpetjunior, is your boy ok now? R u staying at home monitoring him? Drink more water or give him barley..

good morning mummies, so how's your weekend? nap quite a bit yesterday. after lunch, nap. after dinner nap again. but at least felt a bit rested.

so glad this week is a short week. today is my 14th week, should be considered 2nd tri already, i think. really hope to start eating week and gain some weight back.

Morning mummies,

Just went for my checkup last sat and baby is fine..heartbeat is good and baby has grown to be 32.2mm at 10wk1Day.

In the end decided to go for NT scan and blood test on 16 Nov. Hopefully the results will be fine....

morning mummies.. a very short week today. and i will be seeing gynae this sat, can't wait to see my BB again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope all is ok with the bb.

dolly: wow, u mean u just started to lear to drive? why particularly now?

winnedy: i am forever bloated, some of the mummies here suggested antacid, if not, u just have to wiat for it to be over.

Joyce: ur MS over already? i also cant wait for 1st trimester to be over so that i can also start eating and gaining weight. been puking almost every meal. juts like dolly, my MS hits the worst during evening time. *sian*

Morning everyone!

Dolly,

3 more days to THURSDAY!!!

Winnedy,

Yes, rather bad bloating that made me rather pek chek. But weird part is come to meal times only, will start to feel hungry. Bloatedness still a little bit by then but hungry. So didnt dare eat alot. Burped a lot in the night - which made me feel disgusted.. I think u have to try to portion your food.

Apple

Hows yr maid doing? When are you returning back to work?

Joyce

Yeah, week 14 will be considered as 2nd trimester liao! Congrats! U should start to feel normal & refreshed le...

Starfruit

Which week u in liao arh? So nice, can see bb this Sat.. My next visit will be in 3 weeks...My MS used to hit me the worst too in the evening. Only recently starts to get better

Wayne

Dun worry, u will be fine de. Where will u be doing yr NT?

starfruit & vv,

my MS not as bad now, still vomitting once every few days. appetite still not as good though, not sure why.

winnedy,

i will actually ask my hubby to help me rub ru yi you whenever i feel bloated at night. sleeps better with tummy rub.

vv - I have a talk to my her and explain the facts and task to her on how to manage time and do things right. She accepted and start to buck-up since that nite. A good start..haha..lets see the "hard working" attitude will last how long..

I'll be back to work tomorrow. Today is the 1st day I put my girl on school bus returning 1/2 day and the sch bus aunty will help me to bring her up instead of maid going down to fetch. So I wanna know the timing and whether the arrangement is ok, that's y taking 1 day off.

joyce : me too am @ 14 days too..

vv : oh yeah... paiseh... it's 3 days to thursday... having migraine since yesterday noon... sigh... when are you going to Taipei?

starfruit : i actually started my theory before pregnancy... so since i've cleared my theory should try to clear the practical as well... sigh..

good morning mummies. went to see the gynae last week. Gotten back my oscar results. Glad that the results r good. My gynae did a scan and told me my bb might be a girl. She said shld be able to know nx month. Hv to start looking for a girl's name.

My ms seems to be getting better. Don't feel so tired nowadays and appetite seems to be improving. Hopefully the nausea feeling will go away soon.

dolly, jiayou jiayou. Hope u will clear yr practical soon. =)

Petpetjunior, may yr boy have a speedy recovery.

Yes, it is indeed a very short week for me, I am on leave on thurday to celebrate my boy's bday in his school, so 2 more days to work...keke..then next week on 2 day course...another short week..hooray!!

vv: Thanks, I will be doing at TMC. Hubby can't take leave and ask my mum to accompany me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Joyce, so nice, your 1st tri is over liao, still long way for me...

morning ladies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I'm down with cough and sore throat again... sexy voice leh... vommitted on sunday as got up too late.. think generated too much "jucies" and vommitted lots of yellowish liquid but the vomit is good as it also helps to vomit out my phelgm too... greenish too.. sigh.... think very heaty.. what to eat to cool down esp pregnancy... can't drink barley leh...

dolly, where u learning to drive? school or private? me also interested.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Joyce

Yeah, Ru Yi Oil will help quite a lot on the bloatedness. For me, now is the burping part in the night that makes me irritated.

Apple

Wah, good la. At least good start. Maybe she dunno yr requirements yet or maybe its her usual practice last time in ex-employer there. I guess she shd be ok la, otherwise, wont work so long in ex-co also ma, right. Eh the bus aunty so nice, help to bring yr gal up. Actually its better cos I think can avoid maid meeting other maids and have ""illegal gathering""... heeheee

Dolly

Hee. No prob la, I am also very excited this week cos its a short week. Oh do u have any med for your migraine? Better see GP if its not looking good yeah. I realised when I get up from chair, or floor, car, I will feel abit giddy and sudden blackout for a few secs.. I guess maybe like "not enuf" blood like that, cos now all blood flow goes to bb le mah.. I am leaving on 10Nov then 15Nov come back loh. But 16Nov on leave to rest @ home.

Auroa - barley is ok to take during preg, just that you gotta brew a bit longer. Chrysanthemum also ok to consume, it helps to detox our body.

Maybe it is bcoz u r taking TCM tonic/medic that's y your body is heaty??

I got bad headache and sore shoulder and neck on Sat evening too..so I took 2 paracetamol and zzz. I was telling my hb, before preg, I seldom take paracetamol..now preg I seems like taking very often [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Auroa

Hey, so nice can go for short vacation le. Remember to get those "flight stockings" which can ease tired legs and help promote blood circulation while u rest your legs in car (not walking).

Cannot take anything cooling for now.

What I remembered was - only can take cooling by 3rd trimester, - like example drink young coconut to help ease easy labour.

VV: i think i am just hitting week 11 i think.. slow slow progress, should be week 12 by the time i see gynae, hope all is ok, a bit nervous leh.

dolly: icic, h

vv - yes. I think whether new or old maid, after awhile..gotta "brain wash" them one. Or else rusty..haha At least these few days she is quite good and thorough. Oh my girl's sch principle quite good and she is having similar situation like me la..maid prob over past few months after old maid left. So she understand me quite well..that's y we decided to put my girl on 1/2 day at least the maid is occupied in the afternoon. On the sch bus arrangement, yes the aunty quite nice but we also top-up $10 on the fee to get her to bring her up. My hb said $10 to buy safety actually..

VV: i am so craving for coconut jelly, will attack them when i am in my 3rd trimester, ya now better watch diet on cooling stuff.

Aurora,, better take care, i am also recovering from my flu and cough, so much phlemg too, keep coughing and throwing it out.

Jerejoy: congrats in your little princess. hehehe so excited for you.

Joycep: ok ok i think i will try ru yi oil as well.. heheh, my duaghter calls it the yummy oil, cos it smells yummy!

jerejoy : thanks! i really hope i can clear before end of feb...

auroa : it's ok to drink barley.. i've been drinking it every weekend... i took the lesson from the Comfort Driving Centre, UBI.. i've cleared the theory @ one go.. so hope it goes to practical too..

vv : so we can still chat until 9 Nov lor...

vv,

i'm also burping quite a lot at night. don't feel irritated yet, just happy the air that is stuck in the chest is released.

auroa,

recover soon and have a good vacation. am grounded for the time being, hubby don't allow me to travel.

starfruit,

i don't really like medicated oil, so this is one of those rare ones i don't mind being applied on me. and it smells good.

starfruit,

is it ok to take antacid now? i read somewhere abt drinking soda drinks/soft drinks to let the gas out... btw, i think we are abt the same.. i also just hit week 11.. hahaa

dolly,

if u go take the test with yr big tummy, sure pass one... that is what they say...

re: ice jelly / ai-yu

is this considered cooling?

Starfruit

Yeah, I crave for the coconut drink loh. So shiok, cold cold de. Now can only sip a few mouths of cold drinks.. dun dare to drink a lot liao since brown discharge; been a night mare to me man. Very fast time will pass de, and u will be like us slowly pass thru 1st trimester.

Joyce

Thats good for u mah. For me, its still stucked (seems like) even after air come out. Haz...

Apple

Yeah somehow. Nowadays, I also talk damn slowly to my maid cos my hubby said I talked too fast esp when I super TL that time. He said, to them its to fast. To us Sporeans, normal. Hahahaa... so Im trying to keep my cool when talk to her, cos she sometimes do wrong things even if I alrdy write down instructions to her.

Dolly

Yeah loh. 09Nov till lunchtime cos I took 1/2 day to go back home to pack/standby last min stuffs if any.

auroa, just went penang last month. stayed at Hardrock Hotel. My children loved it.

We took a plane there. Zero airfare by budget airlines. paid $150+ for the taxes for 3 adults 3 children.

If u have the hardrock all access card, free upgrade of rooms, subj to room availability. got a free upgrade from hill view to sea view for my stay.

if u are staying at hardrock, I can pass u my card.

dolly, i passed this yr on 2nd attempt in May this yr. 1st attempt, mount kerb during parallel parking. immediate failure.

i went thru private instructor.

Winnedy: what is your EDD? mine is 26 May, so i think i should be hitting 11 week i think, kind also lost track of time already. yeah someone say can take atacid, i cannot remember which mummy already.

And anything ice and cold is cooling, better dun take so much for now.

VV: i think time passes slowest when u r ssuffering, like i am now.. hahaha.. so slow and still not pass 11 week.. *sigh*

When are u flying? 10 Nov?

winnedy : really? you have any friends who passed with big tummy?

starfruit : you can get antacid or mylanta syrup... it helps to ease indigestion...

vv/apple : yesterday i was packing some of my clothes for flea market sales... then my maid was helping me to pack, ask me if these clothes are for charity & can she have the clothes? told her its not for charity & yet still looking @ my clothes, asked again whether can she have it?

starfruit, we have the same edd, today is only week10day4...thur then will turn week 11.

christine..i supposed to stay at hardrock penang too in oct, but cancel my trip due to spotting...hopefully next time can go.

Joyce, my hubby also dun allow me to travel, say wait till 2012..still so far away

vv, enjoy your taiwan trip, rest if you feel your legs are tired.

Yty I walk the whole day, brought my boy to universal studio from 11-2pm, then shop for a while at vivo. Reach home at 4+, then go Imm at 5+, super tired. If not I need to buy a wardrobe for my boy urgently, dun think i want to continue to go out.

wayne's mummy, i'm still trying to convince my hubby to bring me for a short trip before i hit 3rd tri. or at least a hotel stay in singapore i will also be happy. as long as not at home can already. you are amazing, can go out the whole day. i will be tired after a few hours.

Dolly: ur clothes must be damn nice which is why she is eyeing lah... heheh. Thanks for the tip, i sprt of remembered it was you who recommended the antacid.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dolly: maybe if u have big tummy, they will give u chances to pass.. heheh worth a try leh. but make sure u complete all your lessons before bb comes out.

joyce, my whole mind also keep thinking, this morning i still think if i can go bintan or batam also good, i also thinking of hotel..keke..

cause i have the USS annual pass, so dun waste it, nov, almost all weekend is block out date, so faster go again yty. Then my boy's chest of drawers, 2nd drawer topple until beyong repair liao, so have to buy...super tired.

wayne's mummy, same here. been looking at nice bintan/batam resorts and local hotels, and asking hubby if i can go. the answer will be: "are we overspending?" what a good way to divert the question.

drawer topple quite dangerous, better change a new one.

dolly - my colleague maid steal her blouse, lock in her own luggage. My colleague normally she will spot check maid's belongings once a month, so when she see the luggage is padlock, she just force open and saw her blouse in there! She never confronted her, but next day wear that blouse to work infront of her..haha..high EQ!!!

I don't practice giving my clothes to my maid. Old clothes normally I donate. There is a grp formed by republic poly will collect all these old goods and give to 3rd world countries those poor ppl..I don't mind doing that.

christine - u stayed HardRock hotel PEN. Hmm..I like the ground floor room with direct access to pool, but my hb finds it dangerous with my girl around.

Auroa - according to the AAS programme, u guys will be putting up at G Hotel. My fav, I always stay there during biz trip. Good hotel and fantastic location..but the Gurney hawker centre is "tourist place". Food so-so but ex..well, S$ u will still find it affordable.

morning mummies....

hope everyone had good rest over weekend ...

me had busy sunday ... my battery completely stopped at 10pm ... dive to sleep rite after the family gathering end...

me should be weke 15 liao ... will b going to see gynae 2molo afternoon ... hope that bb is well ...

mummies, take great care ...

greenapple, i luv the level 1 rooms as well but i agree w ur hb. not safe for children.

Auroa, u can try Bali Thai for seafood. very affordable.

my family spend most of the time at hotel. didn't explore much. only went to get some tau sar piah on the last day, on the way to airport.

Winnedy

Actually am put on thrice a day of progesterone but dunno why, I feel very uncomfy after taking thrice a day and it lead to quite bad cramps with brown-to-pink discharge on Sat early morning. So I didnt take any progesterone and only took once in the night (Sat). Then Sun night once, which is yesterday. Touch Wood, so far ok. No more scary cramps anymore. I intend to stop soon. Per Dr Yeoh, to take a week till this Thu thrice. But I just take once; intend to stop this Thu. I feel rather skeptical towards Progesterone Pills somehow.

Maybe u monitor this afternoon see how. Cos if cramps but no brown discharge, then ok. Cos uterus expanding. And like what Starfruit said, dun take cold drinks, cooling stuffs. May trigger cramps de, at times.

Starfruit

Yeah 1st trimester passes very slow. Flying on 10Nov. How I wish this time passes faster. I wanna get out of my work place ASAP.

Wayne

Thanks so much.

I think my fuse very short for this pregnancy. Just now our IT guy wan to come and fix sth. I was on the phone. And he insisted to do sth on my PC. I gave him a look and scolded my colleague. I told her, next time ask him to wait cos Im on the line. He is so rude leh, cannot wait meh. Or else go other table also can. Or come back later. Stand down there and wait, wait until I put down the phone ma?? So fed up leh!!!

starfruit,

mine is 21 may.. so abt the same! i like ice jelly!

dolly,

my fren passed hers! she only do 50% of the test only.. but for her is drunk driving, and her license got "kantong", then she re-take 1 year later.. her instructors at the centre also told her the same thing..

Back