(2011/05) May 2011

Auroa: Agree with dolly. Sounds like he's pretty stressed out. Are there any other people who can help? And are you also getting another part-time maid? I hope you and hubby will be able to work this through together...

dolly/hannah, he looks pretty stress out to me... after he washed up the dishes at nite, halfway playing with my girl on the floor, he can fall asleep too.. so things that i can do, i will do lor.. otherwise, he will black black face.. we decided this friday, no housework/cooking (due to our trip, got a whole pile of clothes.. hubby only managed to wash half yesterday.. will continue on sat liao) will go and see show on this friday nite, going to see the movie "Rapunzel: A Tangled Tale".. a request from my girl (so amused by her hair).. so i will go to downtown east to buy movie tickets and my hubby will try to rush home tomorrow.. hope he doesn't sleep inside the cinema... i still trying to look for weekend cleaner but haven really asked ard...

dun worried too much on Thalassemia.. if u are minor.. its just a carrier... unless your hubby also have then will have the risk of a Thalassemia major child.. my cousin is major, very yellowish.. think thalessemia major they are unable to remove the iron in the blood.. he is now 12 year old.. dunno how long he can tahan.. but his illness cos at least 5k every month...

i got Thalassemia minor.. got from my mummy.. but lucky my hubby is not.. and i do donate blood...

Thalessemia still can be a blood donor.. but instead they will recover the platelets not the red blood cell.. they is ppl out there who need platelets..

starfruit,

wah! so fast u booked le!??! btw, asked u ah, returning customer gets 20% off, so did u get 20% off ur bloom shoot for #2??

hehehe. yes, the other time i oso did the nude shots. this time rd i will do so too. kekeke!

hmmm...keep ur mind open ba coz ur #2 nt cooperative n ur gynae oso nt sure rite?

paulyn,

let me know if the salt water method works for u =) take care =)

apple,

wah! u can come dwn to work on the next day? nt pain? and i think u are a workaholic?!?!

coz a num of my friends who went thro c-sect told me v pain...even aft a few weeks or mths they still feel pain and normally they try nt to come dwn frm bed for the 1st 2 days wo...

really peifu ni lo.

auroa,

sounds like ur hb is really v tired and stress out. Hope he will be less stressed out with work and things will work out well =) Do try to look for part time helper early coz cny oso coming...alot of ppl will be engaging such help for spring cleaning too lo.

Rapunzel is a nice show =) Enjoy =) i still dun have the courage to bring my boy to cinema as he cant sit still!

val, tks for the link on bloom photography...

since start of tis pregnancy, me want to take for memerory ... told hubby must go n take no matter wat ... hehe ...plan to do it earlier april... hope baby will stay good at tat time ...

mummies, let's stay happy and support each other ... also at same time, need to help hubby to de-stress ...

the photography looks good~~ does anyone know when can we go for such photography? and how long in advance do we need to book? my tummy still not showing wor..if take too early, then won't be nice.

Auroa,

ic...dun worry lah...he is too stressed,is best to get a P/T maid to help u with chores at d moment ba..

dolly, u really hv patience to 'serve' ur hb like 'shao ye'...hehe...i get very paranoid on & off...LOL my hb oso dun help with chores at all unless u tell him to..he never 'AUTO' & when u tell him..he ok ok..but delay till d very 11th hr then go & do...=="

wats for lunch everyone?

im wondering if i shld buy curry rice...hehe

Ling,

no prob =)

ya. must take for memory sake coz hw often one gets preg rite? kekeke. and next time can show the kids too =)

evie,

best is 1 or 2 mths before u are due coz ur tum tum will be showing v obviously then and will be nice =) i took mine when i was 36weeks+ the previous time.

mudppie,

suddenly i feel unwell and nausea...think i will stick to my comfort and safe food - soupy beehoon =P

val, i started to bring my girl to cinema when she was ard 2 years old.. she can't sit still too... initially she will sit and watch but later she will stand and watch and even talked loudly too.. there's a time that we watched the show "Alvin and the chipmunks" that she suddendly stood up and began dancing (when the show featured the part that the 3 femals chipmunks singing).. she went singing loudly "ah ah ah..." .. aunties who were sitting were so amazed that she was singing and even encourage her on...we almost fainted there.. we always take the last side seats in order not to disturb the rest...

Hi ladies,

have not logged in yesterday 'cos was on leave and v tired... slept the whole afternoon.

Auroa,

Shocked to hear the news... you take care and don't worry too much... rest more and quickly get a helper...Where do you stay and what day/time do you prefer (weekday higher chance)? I can check with mine to see whether she is available.

Ling,

As long as only one party has Thalassemia minor, low chance your baby will get it (i think 25% or something). So you don't worry too much too.

Val - sorry typo, not come down to work but walk :p I have epi c-sec in the noon..next morning 7+ gynae instructed the nurse to remove the drip and urine bag, he taught me the technic of how to get down fr the bed and ask me go toilet. At first in my heart I was grumbling think he is CRAZY, but when I get down fr the bed, it is really a breeze I don't feel much pain. Off course a lil pain here an there when u sit and get up in the toilet still bearable.

Auroa - I started bf the nite itself. The nite shift nurse quite good, she was helping me to place a pillow on my tummy then rise up the bed, after that hand the bb to me so I don't touch on my wound.

Mine was about 9am cut at bikini line under belly. The whole line disappear after 2yrs. I remembered I ask my gynae why some ppl has ugly c-sec line and carry with them for life. He mentioned about "tailor" skill. Also, must avoid the cut on muscle tissue, so when we move up and down fr bed, it is less painful..coz I'm super useless, very scare of pain chap :p and I surprised a lot of ppl when they came for visit and I start moving fr my bed to nursery to pick up bb and bf..haha

Go for epi c-sec if u have to go thru c-sec. No point going thru GA. At least u and hb can witness the delivery procedure. Trust your gynae [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u will be fine.

And don't believe by words that telling u epi c-sec u will hear the laser knife cutting sound, bla bla..basically it is very fast procedure and when u come to realise, your bb is out on your chest already :p then the nurse and PD will be there to get your hb to cut the umbilical cord, wrap up the bb and so on..during that, ur gynae will deliver your placenta and finished up the sewing. By then they will push the bb up to nursery to wash up and u will be wheel to recovery area for 5-10min depends on your BP.

Auroa - at this moment, try to engage PT helper. And cut down heavy cooking so no need to wash so many dishes when hb is back. Do a "one-pot-dish" and a soup maybe? I understand how u feel la..when I was maidless for 5wks I also struggle and I'm working. I managed to get a PT helper to help me 2 weeks before the new maid came. The rest of the time, I do simple cooking, like soup + steam fish/chicken/egg for me and my girl. Hb he has to eat out during that period. Or else, U can marinate chicken & grill it then make sandwishes or just eat with some steam vege?

mudpie : well, no choice lor... he also hardly do chores at home too... he only help his dad/mum to mop floor & wash dishes, that's all... other than that he will just stuck in front of his laptop like a fixture...

Val: i went back to ask maryann and surprising she remembers me.. hahah.. ya i get 20% as returning customer. hahah my pics were on FB but i locked it up recently cos too many ppl ask me about it. i paisay lah. we must share our pics.

Auroa, go have a nice weekend, dun worry about housework for now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dolly,ok leh...at least he helps in mop floor & wash dishes...haha...

melody110, yes gathering still on...wanna join?

r u in my fb list? sent u a PM =)

heaven, i live in pasir ris [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] prefer friday mornings as my girl not at home

apple, thanks for the infor.. did heard some horrible stories abt c-section, so not very comfortable abt it... i guess its the mindset... previously also scared of eipdural and refused to take it till my gynae came up to the ward and sternly said listen to his advice to take it and he will find the best of the best to do the job... in the end, it wasn't so scary at all... haiz.. all those suffering/enduring of the pain also dun know why.. btw, my hubby said that try to cook simple (same as u hve suggested.. one pot dish/soup) will do..

starfruit, ya, will leave aside the housework first... my hubby said that sat he got to put the laundry to wash, clean up the toilets and the floors, etc.. poor thing... sometimes i think he's my maid.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

vv, dolly, it's raining heavily in pasir ris now... was napping but woken up by the thunder.. need to close all windows as the winds are blowing the rain in... always raining ard this hr.. haiz...

well, my hubby will also do most of the housework... I guess they love us a lot so that's y they do all these things... For the other mummies, i'm sure your hubby loves you too, but maybe in a different way.... I guess it really takes time and effort to see what efforts hubbies try to put in to love and support us in this period... =)

hannah, agree w u.... if my hubby doesn't help out during this period, most likely will "kick him aside".... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Auroa - my office area also heavy rain..sien

Hope the rain stop around 5 before I go home. Or else quite dangerous to drive..

maybe whole spore is raining... the cloubs looks pretty frightening lately... it's been very low, thick and black gathering cloubs.. can even see the lightening in between it... scary....

i agreed with mummies saying hubby love us in diff ways ... my hubby had been doing the cooking and washing since me preggy ... love him ...

sometime felt paisay as he does all and worry he might be tired also ... after a day at work ...

auroa,

nice that the aunties instead of starring at u all actually encouraged her on. i let my boy watch movie at hm and he oso cant sit still, i am worried he will fuss n run abt in cinema then will be so paisay...

apple,

hehehe. i thot u really work lo then i must say u really workaholic. hehhee.

sounds like ur gynae is really nice lo to guide u even on hw to get dwn frm bed etc.

starfruit,

hmm..hopefully she rems me coz i oso brought my boy back for lit big shot. =P

so which date u booked already? me thinking mid apr-end apr.

I didnt upload mine in fb as i uploaded in friendster then (but locked). dun intend to upload on fb =P

mudppie,

ur hb helps with dishes nt bad le. my hb wldnt do the dishes but he will help me with other more "tedious" stuffs, like washing toilets, vacuuming n mopping the flr. i do the laundry and dishes =)

auroa,

he is ur maid for 9mths nia but u are his maid more than 9mths le. hehehe.

hannah,

ya, i agree with u...imagine if we are preg and hb still refuse to help out but insist the wife do the hsewk abit...hmm...dun sounds gd lo.

auroa, yes 1 pot meal or u can cook dishes like claypot rice, cabbcage rice, pumpkin rice using rice cooker, its even easier, all done in a rice cooker, no major cleaning up exp washing the rice cooker.

my side BV is raining too.. the thunder is so loud, damn scary leh.

Val: i want to wait to my tum is at its biggest.. still deciding if i want to change date to mid may instead. cos the last time, i went into labour 2 days after my shoot, so my tum was really at its biggest.. heheh i feel for the silhouetted shots better to have a big tummy.

evie, dun go when ur tum is not big, not so nice on photos.

Val - no la..I where got so hardworking..hehe

Oh yes, the technic of getting up down the bed is really important and help to relieve the pain. Imagine with such a long wound gotta come down to walk and go toilet next day..I surely @##$%^

My hb looks at me and laugh..coz he knew I sure make a lot of noise coz of pain, but surprised :p I didn't

starfruit - so envy u can go with the tum is at the biggest stage. When my tum grows to the biggest stage, I found horrible stretchmarks haunting me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I did the shoots around wk35, this time I probably gotta skip coz the stretchmarks will surely show up by then

apple: they can digitally enhanced it away even the Linea Negra(correct spelling a not)can be removed.. heheh so no worries about Stretch mark.

actually i also have SM.. but it was "cleaned" away on the final print.. heheh

starfruit,

you are right lo, tum big big take liao then nice. i think i may schedule 2weeks to 1mth before..in case ho, this time rd pop earlier although i only delivered like 3days before edd the last rd =P oso coz 2weeks before edd i am doing my boy 3rd bday party lo...

apple,

just the thot of the c-sect wound scares me lo...and equally, the thot of pee-ing 6hrs aft delivery scares me =/

hahaha. tell ur hb, dun under estimate u! hahaha.

doesnt mind the stretch marks la, at most photo shop away the marks or just let it be, its a testimo of wat u have been thro for ur kids =)

dolly,

i did mine with The Studio Loft. There are quite a num of maternity ps. U can check out frm this biz thread too. http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/450761.html?1291271083

dolly - I did mine years back at Foto-U. If I'm going for another round, I wanna try studioloft. Wanna have different background and photo outcome.

starfruit - Hmm..if they can removed then not so bad :p or else super ugly ler

Regarding abt thalessamia, all the mummies r right. It's alright if we r only minor. According to my Gynae, many asians will hv thalessamia. But our partner must nt hv thalessamia. There r two types, alpha n bête. For me n my boy, we both hv alpha. According the doc explanation , if the couple both hv alpha, then their child will hv major n will nt live pass age of 18 yrs old. Hv to keep changing blood. If the couple both hv bête, their child will hv a high percentage of being still born.

Sounds v scary. No wonder my frd had to do three times blood test to make sure she doesn't hv thelessamia so that she can marry her husband who has thelessamia minor. So I hv to tell my boy to do the same thing nx time when he grows up.

dolly, we went to studioloft. pay $50 deposit when u book the shoot.

cal, maryann funny leh, i tot i arrange a date with but her assist told me too early ask me to call in feb next yr instead.

jerejoy, i did ask my hubby to do blood test b4 we got married.. and i told me if really he also thalessamia.. are we still getting married? hahaha

Wow... Imagine the only major question that i asked my hubby when we first got to know each other was whether he ate durians or not. It's really not easy when you know you have something dormant inside....

Does anyone feel hungry all the time? I feel like i'm a pig... keep getting hungry all the time....

Hannah, me too, i also dunno about all these thalessamia prob till i was preg the last time and they made us do all the test.

Blurlemon, I didn't know abt this thelessamia thingy till I have my boy. Luckily my Hubby doesn't hv thelessamia. If nt, we will be in a lost.

Hannah, u r so cute. My cousin loves durians but her ang mo husband hates them. So she will buy to my place to eat but she is nt allowed to talk to her Hubby for a day and had to brush her teeth a few times. Her Hubby is a drama.

Hi all, I have 1 pack of Drypers Newborn 28 pieces to let go at $7. NTUC selling at $7.80. I will give 1 piece free Mamy Poko Newborn Diapers.

Collection at Sembawang, Admiralty, yishun or woodlands MRT station.

Pls PM me if interested.

auroa,

thank u..so far i am alright.. nothing happened..keeping finger crossed...just feeling scratching fr inside..

Hi mummies,

Sorry to interrupt.I have the following Avent products to let go.All brand new,still in packaging.I have no use for them anymore,so i'm letting them go to clear my cupboard space.

the products are:

Avent Single Manual Pump

AVent Nipple Cream

Avent Moistrising Oil

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4825675.jpg]

Interested mummies,pls PM me

mudppie: saw ur FB message, will text u when i am there.. left u my no as well in the message.

mummies, looking forward to our "first date" tomorrow. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Who else is coming?

Morning Mummies!

Time flies and its December now! Another 5 more months plus to go to most of our due dates... Come to think of it, I wish the time pass faster.

Back