(2011/04) Apr 2011

hello fellow mummies !

it's been mths since i was here posting..

the internet at my co is really bad..

restrict alot.. thus i cant come in often.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

how's everyone coping ? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Good morning mummies,

Is everybody busy with xmas / CNY preparations, that's why no time to post in forum now? Miss the mummies...

Mum05,

Can check with u what type of rice u use to cook porridge? Can you also share with me the step-by-step process of cooking porridge? Like writing a book on "Cooking porridge for dummies" something like that... haha... cos i really dun hv a clue. Wondering whether i should get a slow cooker as well. Please advise. Thanks!

hellooo

where is everyone?

busy with work and babes??

Kasper learnt how to crawl.. and i missed the moment..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

He also did a merlion last nite... haiz....

Hello mummies

been a long time! Smiggleprincess, congrats oh, ur boy is crawling? my girl is still sitting on her bottom, still refusing to crawl! sigh. but she is quite steady on her butt, haha my FIL put her on a toddler's bicycle, and she can actually sit quite well on it with her toes barely touching the pedals! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

can i find out if there are kids who still haven't teeth yet? my girl is still not teething..

can i also find out where i can get baby recipe? hi mum05, if you are sharing your porridge recipe, please do post it here so i can also learn. right now i am only cooking potatoes, heng cai, carrots, and pumpkin for my girl. very limited recipe. =( your #1 is 6 yrs old.. wow, experienced mummy

Hi Smiggleprincess,

Oh dear, how's Kasper? how come merlion?

Aylie,

My fren lent me this book "First Foods", written locally, so the recipes inside are more suitable for our local context. I also will surf Annabel Karmel's website for ideas.

Oh, ur gal can sit on toddler's bicycle, that sounds so fun! Tempted to buy one from Little Tikes for my boy too, but hb say not safe.. haiz...

For teething, my pd says its normal for bb to start teething ard 9 mths, so dun worry.

hi mummies

aylie: mine still bo-geh! prob going to follow my #1.. first tooth after 1 years old.

elazy: i also have the first foods book. its not too bad but pretty limited if you only want to cook porridge. currently for porridge, i grind the rice, cook stock, then put in the meat and rice and veggies into the stock, grind the meat and veggie before letting him eat.

my baby z seems to love solids more than milk. good in the sense i can barely keep up with his feeds but bad cause milk should be the main thing that makes him grow. anyway now he is only interested in playing!

i forgot.. fish to be given when baby is 12 mths? can;t remember

finally, this thread is alive again!

e_lazy, I've pm-ed u.

Aiyo Aylie, me no expert lah, also learn as my kids grow. From someone who know nuts abt cooking, to one who cook everyday for my kid, haha. But very sorry to disappoint u, I really do not hv any special recipe, 'cos my #1 eats very simple food. I simply steam up all her food!

At the beginning, I'd cook her porridge in a small slow cooker, when the rice is cooked, I'll put in the vege, pork(yo bak)/fish in and when all cooked, I'd juz scoop out and blend the food. When she's older, I'd just steam her porridge/rice(steamed rice much softer) and fish/pork(I'd still mince up the pork and pack them up in individual portion).

Rite now, I'd cook bland rib(1-2 pcs only) stock in the morng and use it to steam the porridge in my Tefal steamer and when the vege/pumpkin/potato/carrot is also steamed up, I'd put them together and blend before feed. I'm not sure if I'd still cook the soup to steam the porridge or not after my maid's gone bk this wkend, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I didn't cook porridge wif soup stock for my #1, only did so on days I boil soup for all and she's much older then liao. I decided to use soup stock now 'cos I started only with heng cai for #2 first, and it's bland, so the soup stock makes the porridge taste a tad bit better(bbs hv more sensitive taste buds).

Sookie, I've yet to put in pork yet! Will have to do so by next week liao...Arrrgggh, just when I'd be maid-less! I've heard that it's ok to start fish ard 9mths old but becos of e experience with my #1's allergic reaction at that age, I will delay feeding fish to my #2 this time round, to after 1yo. It's up to you though...

sookie, haiz long story. 1st selected maid + the standyby - they cldn't contact them. 2nd selection, same prob. I got fedup, that they didn't even tell us earlier, wasted 1 mth on this ding dong. Now finally 3rd selected one coming but not on time lor, current maid alr extended her stay, she wanted to go bk in mid Oct, told her to wait a while n recently she kept asking to go bk, let her go lor since she got no heart to work liao(Indo maids r like that wen they've earned enuf $).

Duno when exactly the new maid will come lor, just hope she'd be here before #1 starts her P1 and before we move!

hi e lazy - yup the bike was fun but not very safe. its her cousin's you see, and actually her feet can't touch the floor yet and can't touch the pedal also, but instinctly she draws her feet up next to the pedal. stable for a while but my FIL and hubby were on either side to catch her in case she falls. i think best to wait til they can stand?

thanks for the teething note! she is bo geh too, heh perhaps should take more photos of her laughing with no teeth for memory sake!

Sookie, mum05 - all of you introduced pork at 7 mths? my girl born on the 30th, so technically closer to may than april.. should i wait 2 more weeks before starting meat? i know doc said to start egg york before 9 mths..

mum05 - hope you find a maid soon! got maid also got problem, no maid also got problem. i am having major problems with my indo maid, wondering whether to send her back but the waiting period is so long!

Aylie, I can't rem when is the correct time to try out egg yolk, but my #1's allergic to eggs til only recently, she's able to eat some cakes or food that contain eggs. Even so, she can't eat too much. So, I won't start too early wif #2 also, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif].

Ya, wif maids, no matter how, sure got prob, unless one is really super lucky! wat hap? wanna share?

Actually, we've 'found' one alr, went down to select 3 times! Hopefully this one really comes lor and pls, pls, pls, dun give me trouble, sian!

Wah! Alive again !

I must come in to 凑热闹了

Been very busy .. Ma chiam like security guard whole day following my C who is very busy crawling around .. Holding on to everything to stand up.. After standing up must let go to test her balancing skills >< Miss those days they only eat, sleep , eat , sleep ................. :p but at the same time it's amazing to witness their growth and developments [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mine also still boh geh! Loving her toothless wide smile for now. Very cute.

Sookie: I've started her on cod and threadfin .. And tried egg yolk once so far. Play is good. Helps them learn ! Sure baby Z is going to catch up next time on his weight. Don't worry ! He's a smart baby who knows his priorities :p

Mom05, hope ur next maid will be good. Good luck with that !

Morning mummies,

Yes yes! Glad to see the thread back to life again.. keke...

Sookie,

Good to see u here. How's ur moving? All settled in already?

What do u use to grind the rice? Then cook stock before cooking the porridge. How long does the whole process take? Do u use a slow cooker to cook the stock and the porridge too?

Boys are naturally more playful. My one ah, aiyoh, everyday must thk of new ways to entertain him. Tired siah..

Mum05,

I din receive ur PM on FB leh. Maybe I PM u then u reply me ya? Thanks for sharing, it does give me some ideas on how to cook the porridge. Guess I have to trial and error.. haha...

re: maid selection

Aiyoh, i also went thru the same process. Selected 3 maids altog, 1st one the agent say she ki siao (went mad) in Phil, 2nd one got preg, then finally managed to get the 3rd one who is currently with us. So far so good, hopefully she will stay this way after she paid up her bond. So many ppl told me that maids will "chu" pattern after their 6 mths is up. faints... and maids nowadays are so ex!!! haiz...

Aylie,

oh ok, so guess papa is rite, bb N prob is not yet ready for the bike bah. shall wait a while more. very fast will 1 yo liao

ya ya, i tell u, i really miss his toothless grin sometimes. Yes, u shd take more photos and showed her next time when she grows up. haha...

btw, do u hv FB? do u want to join our FB group?

Pink,

Lol, ur role as security guard is very siong rite. Now they are so curious abt everything, and like to play those things that they shd not get their hands on. Remote control is top on the list man! then followed by wires and cables. *shake head*

Hi CindyEng,

Ur bb also apr bb? Hvnt seen ur nick before [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Anyway, just want to share with mummies here. I checked with my PD and he told me that nowadays MMR jab does not have egg white as one of its ingredients, so dun hv to worry abt allegy to egg white. But but but, just better check with ur PD again to double confirm ya.

I am march bb. I like to make new friends and share my experience. My elder is 5 yrs and bb is 9 month

My bb suppose to be April but born 3 week earlier

CindyEng,

oic, welcome [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] with ur elder being 5 yo, u are also another experienced mum [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

elazy..

drink milk and then crawl..

not good for the tummy..

so he merlion when he was try to sleep..

Aylie

Kasper still has not touch any meat..

try to delay that..

if not his poo will turn super stink lor..

i tried threadfin liao but he don like..

Now kasper has two lower teeth and i think a molar is coming out...

Im so sleepy..

working mum with 2 kids is no fun.. haiz...

Cindy,

Welcome [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Crawling,

My bb crawl alittle and prefer to sit most times. I need to encourage him to move more.

Maid,

I'm happy with my current maid. Also hope she won't change funny pattern after her contract ends.

Hilo mummies!!!

So long nv come in le.

My boy still no teeth lei sometime worry sometime hope he wont b teething soon cos love his Bo geh smile hehe.

Porridge

Im also struggling wif cookin porridge haix although this is #2 Liao but totally forget wat I serve my girl Liao.

Currently I use a pcs of pork loin meat boil wif the rice which I soak for 2hrs b4 hand den once the rice soft le will add in those sweet veg and heng cai. Will mash up the porridge wif sieve b4 serving but nv gif him the meat Tried fish for my boy but he reject [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Maid

Jux scream at my maid for using the washin machine to wash my boy clothing somemore use dynamo and mixed wif our clothes still can lie to me say no. she know I'm aware she always do it she get fed up with me when I ask her re-wash she jux turn her head say ok la and walk off at tat point of time I feel like slapping her (I know I can't)!!!

elazy..

drink milk and then crawl..

not good for the tummy..

so he merlion when he was try to sleep..

Aylie

Kasper still has not touch any meat..

try to delay that..

if not his poo will turn super stink lor..

i tried threadfin liao but he don like..

Now kasper has two lower teeth and i think a molar is coming out...

Im so sleepy..

working mum with 2 kids is no fun.. haiz...

smiggleprincess,

That's life being a mummy. Alway very busy and very little time for yourself. But they will grow up very fast before you know it. That's how i encourage myself when I'm down and very tired.

elazy,

Awake to latch her mah, so just post lor.

And i know I post at night in the morning you all go work will reply me! WAHAHAHA

How have you been? MISS YOU LEH. When are you going to bring your cute little Nat to see us!!!!!

Yes... loves to play with remote controls lar, MY LAPtop and IPHONE, and now likes to crawl to the xmas tree and destroy my presents underneath!! my tree is bursting with presents! ><

Sandy,

haha you are back in action too!! YAY

Sandy dee

You can try putting in dry scallop, potato and carrot( can't serve everyday bb skin will yellow) or heng chai. Potato and carrot can blend till like paste type. Than put in with rice to cook. Your porridge will be like orange yellow colour and taste sweet plus add some minze meat .

Smiggleprincess,

oh dear, its sure tired hvg to clean Kasper up after he merlion esp during bedtime. haiz. But what to do, that's our role as mothers. Sometimes, Nat make me so angry when he just cant lie still to let me change his diapers. But the next min when he smiled at me, i simply melted... Kaira is right, got to enjoy our time with them now and they really grow up fast. Poof! Our bb are 8 / 9 months old liao...

So fast got molar! wow!

Kaira,

bb X is really cute! and he has big and beautiful eyes. Miss him already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sandy,

Yes, i luv bb Nat's toothless grin too. Its really cute and amusing at the same time.

Oh dear, ur maid ah... is she indo or phil? some of these maids really hv attitude problem. sometimes, i feel they really 帮倒忙 lor

Pink,

Miss u and ur Ms C too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but salute u lah, wake up in the middle of the nite to latch and still got energy to post!!! LOL

Sure, we can meet up anytime. Got gathering, just let me know, we will be there.

haha... oh ya, laptop and hp are their fav too. and hp covers.. lol

CindyEng,

U try searching for Sg April 2011 MTB on FB.

Hello mummies,

sorry to interrupt. I have a few bottles of Happy Baby puffs (different flavours) to let go at $5 each. Self-collect only. Expiry date 2013. Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks!

Thanks . I find the group in fb. Now waiting to be approve. So excited to know more mum and bb like my #2 age. Hope to be gd fren will all of u as I dun have much fren to talk about when I am down.

Mum 05/aylie: I’m given pork and chicken. Will give beef soon. Actually my PD said fish is ok but I remember fish has more chances of being allergic so I am just taking my time.. just could not remember which is a safer period.  My PD also mentioned that egg yolk (not the white) is also ok but I have yet to try that.

Elazy: I’ve moved in with my MIL while my place is still being renovated. It will only be ready end feb so now I am really roughing out in my MIL small flat. Can you imagine 4 adults, 2 kids and a dog in a small 3-rm flat? Just cant wait for my new place to be ready. But its nice to be in the east! I bought the Ulike blender. In anticipation that once I am done with baby grinding, I can grind other stuff. I basically boil the stock and freeze the excess. Then when its time to eat, I just take out the stock, put the grinded rice, meat and vegetables in. In all, half an hour.

Sandydee: ah good idea to soak the rice before cooking so I don’t have to grind the rice.

Maid selection: wah… its really “heng suay” one. Elazy, damn funny one went ki siao, the other pregnant. Luckily 3rd time its correct. My first maid (which was the original one that I chose) had a bf in Singapore. In the 2 months I had her, she secretly went out to meet him without telling me that she;s going out. So I think she was more interested in meeting her malay bf than working so I returned her. My 2nd one, which is my original chosen one is way much better and experienced with child care. So like you, I hope mine will stay this way even after paying the bond.

Pink: wah girls really develop faster. Some babies can crawl or even call ah man/ma etc.. mine still leaps like a frog and calls everyone “eh” suggest you buy a play pen (those with baby gates) so that you can throw her in there with lots of toys. That was what I did. Helped me contained my #1 and know that she is safe in there.

Smiggle: yah.. working mum with 2 kids very siong.. somemore my baby Z still loves to wake up to latch..for comfort.. I know its my fault but also to keep my ss going and to fatten him up

got a shock seeing so many emails notifications for this thread. :p

very blur about what to give when and ard which months. I haven't introduce pork and beef yet.

what about pastas? when should we introduce it?

I thought egg yolk can only give after 1 year old?

bb R very one kind, eat happy baby food always become unhappy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

he just simply dislike the food from this brand.. I dunnoe why!

am selling the melts in all three flavours at $6.00 each. brand new.

let me know if you're interested to get from me.

Hi mummies..

been super busy.. and super tired..

How's everybody??

Pink,

your little C can crawl.. Haha!! What I do is put Eva on the mat in Lisa's room where there is a gate.. Quite safe and she can crawl all over the shop.. She gets quite sick of the playpen after a while.. Not much to explore..

Sookie,

Ya I think little girls do develop faster... Lisa was already very steady at standing and taking a few steps by 10 months.. And it looks like eva is the same.. already cruising.. =)but no teeth for Eva and Lisa's last few molars are not even out yet!! Haha!!

So you will be in the east very soon.. After CNY.. must catch up k.

Hi Mummies,

Kasper merlion again..

Not sure why, maybe bring him go see PD..

This time nobody saw it cos he fell asleep and only when he woke up we saw all his head got carrots bits...

Haiz....

somemore afterwards he had his first fall from the bed.. really make me feel so lousy & guilty for not watchin him..

kaira/elazy

actually i think more time is spent when they can walk..

now, they are stil baby.. i don really wanna carry him so much.. i actually prefer them to be independent.. able to self-entertain

i let him sleep with me on the bed and i had to pat him every hr..

really panda...

Maid

im gettin one frm cebu.. directly not thru agent..

so there is a chance she might not be approved to come over..

really chiam.. wait last min must dash to the agency and take any girl liao...

Elazy,

Thanks. The boys are all so cute. Play, sleep and wake up all about the same time.. Except Ashton, too happy ler , don't wanna sleep. Haha

Smiggle,

No wonder you r tired, every hr need to pat your bb.. Hugz..

Morning mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sookie,

Thanks for sharing the cooking process for porridge. Really helps for someone who doesnt know how to cook. haha...

Yup, I like staying in the east. When u are more settled down, then we meet up k.

Aiyoh, my maid selection story, very drama rite. Now I thk abt it also funny. Let's hope that our current maids will remain guai guai and dun give us patterns. If not, another headache.

U are so funny, how bb Z leap ard like a frog? I thk I will laugh so hard if i see bb Nat leaping ard. but I really luv bb Z's smiles. Very cute!!

Pink,

I also just bot a play yard. Will post here the link for mummies' reference.

Lynn,

Maybe he just dun like that brand? Bb also got their individual taste and preference one mah. i also hvnt introduced meat / porridge. Thinking of doing so when he turns 8 month old.

Gerry,

Hihi, so long din hear from u. How's work and everything else? Wow! Eva can stand already? that's so fast. Nat still cant stand. When we put him in standing position, he's always on tip-toe. Dunno why just cant place his feet flat on the ground.

Smiggleprincess,

Hope Kasper is ok. Take care...

Kaira,

Ya, they are all so cute!! timing so zun... haha

Lynn, fret not. As a mother of 2, I too, hv forgotten what/when to give to my bb! I rem I've got this allergy info pamphlet stored up somewhere and when I saw yr post, I went to look it up. Can't upload here, cos I've scanned the pages then, so I'll just try and extract some info here :

How does allergy come about?:

Normally, the immune system attacks harmful bacteria, viruses and foreign substances in the body while recognising food as harmless. Food allergy arises when the immune system mistakes a particular food component, usually a protein, as dangerous and attacks it.

Dietry Guidelines help to protect against Allergy:

Foods that are Least Likely to cause allergic reactions(to be introduced from 6mths):

- wheat(i think this is it, it shows only pic for tis item and it looks like wheat - almost same pic under another category that says 'wheat')

- green pear

- prune

- carrot

- apple

- pork

Foods that are usually well tolerated, but occasionally cause allergic reactions(to be introduced from 6mths):

- Barley

- Apricot, Peach, Cherry

- Beef, Chicken, Lamb

- Wheat

- Plum

- Spinach, Cabbage, Oat, Banana, Broccoli, Turnip

- Potato, Corn (and corn oil)

Foods which are Most Likely to cause allergic reactions (to be introduced from 9mths):

- Strawberry and Raspberry

- Egg Yolk(must be fully cooked)

- Soyabeans, Beans

Foods which are Highly Allergenic(to be introduced from 12mths) :

- e.g. Prawns, Crabs, Dried and Fresh Scallops...

Reference : Summary from the opinion issued by the EU Scientific Committee on Food(SCF, 1991), the European Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition(ESPGAN, 1993), the Nutritional Commission of the German Pediatric Society(1996).

*finally. all typed out! hope I din miss out anything and hope this helps all mommies here*

Elazy,

Thanks for the link! I've been thinking abt buying it but it's going to make my living room a playground and it seems like they will refuse to stay inside to play after awhile too! Dont want to buy another item to find that I have to chuck it somewhere a few months down the road [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] C is very active and playful . She just stood up in her cot and turned my room lights off and on. (=_="") some more give me the very happy face after doing it...

Gerry!!!!!!

U super busy mommy!! Miss you !!! Meet up with your girls soon I wanna play with Lisa... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Eva is fast in terms of development! Almost one month younger than mine and shes cruising too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sook,

Jia you with moving house! We are waiting for you to settle down then we can meet up ... Get Elazy too... I've been eying something for you for your new place! =P

e_lazy,

yeah. he's okay with others and home made ones.

mum05,

thanks for the list! but er how to introduce soyabeans?

hello mummies!! i am so slow but i want to say, i'm happy this forum is alive! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mum05 - my maid story? sigh. she is hardworking and all, but i find that she does things without thinking. like for instance, we pre-pack the milk powder in those compartmentalized dispenser, so 1 time my girl was crying badly so i have to carry her and ask maid to make milk. she kept getting the water amount wrong (too hot, too much, pour away, pour cold water, etc), took such a long time. i was getting frustrated as my girl was crying in my arms. then when maid pour the milk powder, she didn't check where the opening is and ended up pouring in between 2 compartments til they both emptied out!! i was sooo angry but no choice i still fed my girl cos she was crying.

my hubs and i had to do our own laundry as we have taught her at least 10-20x when she first came and she still gets it wrong when we spot check her. plus my electric bill went from $150-300/ mth as i suspect she washes everything in hot water (and my clothes color ran, sigh). there was 1 time she dropped a hand towel downstairs the flat at my mom's place and tried to cover up by taking a brand new one from cupboard to replace. my mom eventually found out about it and the maid lied by pretending not to know. finally maid admitted to dropping the towel as my mom was adamant it must be "house ghost" since things started to disappear. maid got frightened and started to cry and begged my mom for forgiveness. my mom forgave her as towel was not worth much, but i was soo angry she lied to us and tried to cover up.

last week, she lied again. she didn't check my mom's pants and put it to wash. my mom's mobile phone was in pocket. when maid realised she spoilt the phone when she was hanging clothes out, she hid the phone behind the computer table. but my mom realised she lost her phone and remembered she had it in her pocket. confronted the maid again and asked her why she didn't tell us. she said my mom was having a nap so can't tell. at that point she was already home with me!! She had the whole day to admit to my mom but didn't! again i was not that angry about the phone spoiling but i'm super furious about the lying, so that's why am thinking if i should just fire her.

both times she lied, she cried and begged for forgiveness. she even kneel down at my mom this time around and we were both shocked!

Paisay so lor sor! I was super angry and now maybe hormonal with #2. I hope your maid is much much much better!!!

e lazy - you all got FB group?? ooh i want to join! got outings?? my girl got no friends of her age! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sandy Dee - slap your maid!! i feel like doing that to mine too, esp when she cry and kneel down everytime she lie to me!! URGH but i know i can't but sometimes i just have to scream at her cos she keep getting things wrong!

Sookie - pork and chicken? i feel like starting her on minced pork. hmm maybe end Dec when i am clearing leave last week and got a lot of time, maybe will try new recipes for her. but she got no teeth, can eat minced pork porridge or not?

Yeah i was told to give Egg york before her next injection at 9 months. maybe i start after she turns 8 months?

Lynn, not sure how, but it's one of the source under that category...

Aylie, haiz. but no worries, we're all here for u to rant! Mine too! She's a trsfed maid from Indo we took over frm my ex cleaner. When she first worked for my excleaner, she used her home phone to call home and chocked up >S$1K phone bill!

Hardworking, not stupid(thus, super *geng*). I suspected that she alr geng abt gg bk so soon. Also always lied n lied, take initiative, but that's e prob, DON'T ASK and damaged things, used wrongly. Ate all the goody stuffs, none left for us. She was good when she 1st started out with us, now even showed rude faces to my #1! Haiz, alot of things lah but talk abt it also sian. Getting a Filipino this time round, but all maids hv their own set of prob, unless we're super lucky to have a really good one, hard lor... Mine's gg bk this wkend and I'd be maidless for a few wks bah, cos not sure when exactly the new one will arrive...

Oh my, that is really horrible!! No wonder you got rid of her. If i were you i would do the same! I hope your Filipino will work out better.. fingers crossed. When you ask to change maid, do they make you send in your old maid first while waiting for new one? Or can you hold on to your old maid then wait until new one comes then you exchange? Then it won't be so troublesome for you

gerry/elazy/pink: yes! looking forward to my new nest in the east so that we can have play dates!pink, you are so funny! Its just an excuse for you to shop huh! hehehe

elazy: yah really like a slow-mo frog. First the two hands move forward then his legs leap together. Mine also tip toe when we let him stand up holding the cot!

aylie: my baby Z also still bo gay so everything we do is blend blend blend. i suggest if you want to give mince pork, don't get those minced already or rather get those pork loin and mince them yourself.

aylie: your maid is so terrible. can i ask what nationality?

re: play pen. Based on my experience, those play pens tend to be bulky and is movable! This is what i have. we even bought a few panels to make it bigger, and put the LG playmat below. served me well. and when I don't need it, i can fold it up and pack it away.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6463387.jpg]

Now baby z.. can do fake cries.. so terrible. don't know where he learn it from.

Aylie, we did the trsf ourselves, didn't go thru the agent.

sookie, my bb also like to fake cries... very yang ngor, she'd surely do that when we scold her. Nowadays bbs r really diffrnt, the things they're capable of doing are beyond our expectations rite(even for a 2nd time mom like me! haha).

I'd be starting her on blended minced pork(yo bak 'cos softer) in a few days' time, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] - mktg day tomorrow(oops, today)! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yr play-yard's good, I like this too, but will stick to using the one my #1 was using - a haenim's. Then again, gotta wait til we move, cos tis plz too small for so many bb stufss, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

oh ya sook, where do u get yr beef from? my sis does my wkly mktg for me from Kovan mkt, but i dun think they sell beef there? R those from Cold Storage fresh enuf and which part/type shld I get? Thks...

Back