(2011/04) Apr 2011

mum05: how come you are moving? got a new place? guess still in bukit t? so when are you moving?

beef i find better to get at cold storage. i normally just take the sirlon/ribeye part.. those that i normally eat myself!

Sookie

Kasper seems fine lei..

Mum05

im trying to gettin the maid ourself.. so many paperwork..

so headache..

and seems like we must fly there to fetch her so that she can pass immigration easily..

Playpen

i used to have haenim but sold it away..

Kasper prefers the exersaucer..

tempted to buy a walker but better not..

maybe i go rent him a jumperoo for xmas...

beef

i have been buyin my meat from this warehouse for yrs.

QB food at chin bee...

they supply to cold storage so price are def cheaper..

They have a butcher to cut the beef for u..

they have other groceries as well.

www.qbfood.com.sg

think i better go buy waist meat for kasper liao..

pink, same way wif beef, mince then blend wif porridge. I still blend 'cos no matter how soft the food is, bbs at this stage still do not hv teeth to chew, the most they'd be 'chewing' wif their gums. So blending the food will ease digestion(their digestive sys still not as strong as ours) and void choking hazard. But now I dun blend til all the porridge is fully pureed, I'd leave just a tiny bit of 'rice' becos my bb likes it.

U dun blend the spinach, then the stalks how?

wah smiggle, so troublesome ar, gotta fly there yrself to bring the maid in, then u might as well just go thru an agent?

My bb now using the exersaucer, but I find walker, if yr home space/environment permits, is good 'cos my bb feels bored after sometime at the exersaucer. Unlike my #1, she cld go ard the home exploring or look for us whenever she's bored, #2 can't do that...

mum05

troublesome la

but we save alot of money..

no need cough out the upfront 8mths salary..

just give her monthly salary only.. no need agent fee

she also willin to take $350 salary..

walker

my #01 used to be in a walker, then he flip back and the walker toppled.. i threw it out immedately..

Hihi...

elazy,

Ya long time haven't come in to chat..

Been very busy.. Both at work and at home.. Super exhausted..But all is good.. I am still enjoying my work.. And now my boss is away and wouldn't be back till after new year!! Woot! Haha!!

Now really looking forward to the day Eva can walk and be able to eat more food.. My #1 was also very fast in terms of moving. Could stand and walk a few steps by the time she turned 10 months and was very steady at her first year bday.. But her talking was very slow. I think she only started talking when she was passed 1. Didn't even like to blabber.

How are you? Busy period over?

Pink!!!

I also miss you and little C.. But really very busy lor.. Either work or taking care of kids during the weekends.. And now my hb preparing for exam, so rarely go out..super xianzzz... Can't wait for his exam to be over.. Actually for me I am looking forward to his exam cos I am going over to the UK to keep him company!! Yeah!! Holiday for me without the kiddies! =P

Maid problem..

Haiz. I am also having maid problems.. She keeps lying and will selectively forget stuff.. Recently, I got super mad at her. I noticed she was wearing one of my childhood clips on her hair (i am keeping them for my daughters). So I asked her where she got it cos I have one exactly the same.. Plus it is retro looking and I know they don't sell this anymore. She told me my mom gave it to her.. So I asked my mom and she said why would she take it out and give it to her. My mom purposely saved them so that her grandkids can have them. Then my maid blamed the fact that mom is very forgetful. Said that last time she told my mom to buy groceries and my mom forgot the items!!!! I was so pissed off! I told her groceries can forget cos got so many.. But this clip has sentimental value to both my mom and I, how on earth can my mom forget.. And in the first place, my mom will never take it to let my #1 play cos Lisa just doesn't like to wear clips! Then I told her she is always lying.. Up to now still wouldn't admit that she is lying... She got the cheek to tell me she never lie!!!! OMG!!

One day, I asked her whether she cleaned the bathroom as it was very wet,she said yes and the floor was wet cos she mopped it.. I told her how can she have mopped when the wetness on the floor was more like a puddle of water.. Like only near the sink, there was a puddle and everywhere else was dried.. She was obviously lying!!!! Really pissed me off..

Now I am thinking of not renewing her contract... But my hb and ILs have said that she isn't too bad a maid.. They have way more experiences with maid.. At least mine can cook pretty good food, really cares about my kids and and haven't done a big boo boo.. Haiz...

gerry, seems like these maids super like to 'cover up'. mine also like that, esp. nowadys since she's gg bk alr. she said if not for family prob she'd like to continue workg, so we gave her another chance, told her we cld give her paid leave for 1 wk for her to settle her prob then she said duno when she can come bk, aiyoh! Then kept asking when she can go bk, we din wanna tell her and finally we told her it's tmrw but actually it's today.

She's always giving excuses and pretended need this need that. What I prefer is a honest maid, 'cos if the maid is honest, they won't tend to be too lazy also. Hardworking can be 'surface' only, when we not ard, they will slack, for sure!

This 'story' I'm gg to share is sure extreme to some of u : She asked me on sunday, when she can go w/draw her money cos she's asked her cousin to change rupiah for her cos the rate her cousin cld get for her is good. THen she said her cousin wld be coming on Wed. Just nice, on Mon we gg out, we told her to go along and brought her to the bank. Then, when we got back, shortly she asked my hubby if her cousin can come over that evening itself. Changed day so soon? Anyway, my hub said ok then he told her to ask her cousin to come up, the cousin din want to. We insisted, then the cousin fake gg to the wrong side of the blocks and she asked if she cld go down. My hubby went with her, found her only S$1500 when she said she wanted to change S$3800. Then brought bk 1 big bag of clothes her cousin passed to her, we told her to watch her luggage weight so she threw away most of the clothes. Then pretended to ask if a Polo trolley luggage bag is expensive(hoping we'll buy for her).

Then horror came. I woke up at 5am to feed bb, I noticed the lights are on shortly after, she'd normally wake up only after 630am but why so early today? I had wanted to go out of room to check but was too tired. Later, my hubby told me that it seemed like she's gone out cos when he went out, the door wasn't locked! A check with the security, going through the security video, she's indeed gone out! Her cousin came back and she was seen counting some cash before handing over. If there's nothing fishy, why need to do at such wee hours? We have not confronted her yet cos we planned to check her stuffs before she leave today.

We told her it's tmrw's flight but she even kept asking to re-cfm, see! Really geng, she knew employers tend to do that... Doesn't seem like she's new huh? Or perhaps she has her friend(s) and cousin to teach her lor(she told my ex cleaner she knows no one here!). We just told her it's tmrw and it's good that we have a family x'mas party tonight, so she kinda buy it(abit i think).

My other mommy's friend's maid lagi best. She has 2 cos her house's big. 1 nite, the other one went missing, went under sewage man-hole to meet man! N we're not talking abt after midnight kinda timing, it's ard 8pm! Terrible!!!

mum05 - you did maid transfer yourself?? how? i thought transfer and renewal has to be done via agency? paisay this is my first maid so i don't know

Sookie - can i assume that minced pork/ beef also needs to be blended? i tot that the flavour and meat would be nice for my girl but my mom said bo geh so better don't give mince in case she choke. she asked me to buy 1 pc of lean pork, cut into chunks then boil with porridge and just let her eat porridge and throw again the pork (or eat it myself but will be super hard). eh abit waste hor.

i am also a eastie! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gerry - hi 5 but sorry to hear ur maid problem! we are in a similar situation too, cos my mom and my hubby kept telling me my maid is pretty good cos she is hardworking and got no attitude. but she keeps lying and getting things wrong! i may have to keep her because my mom spends most time with maid during the day when i bring my girl over, so no choice they have to get along.

mum05/gerry: wah... i hear all the maid stories I am also a bit weary. Mine is good in the sense that she knows her stuff, has initiative, is fast but a bit of a smart alec sometimes but it ok. but then its only her first 2 weeks with me so i tell myself, I better not get too attached to her in case anything happens. I mean i like her to want to reward her like buying her food/snacks whenever we go out but at the same time, also don't want to spoil her so fast.

aylie: actually it is not really bo geh or not on whether to feed meat. its more for allergic reasons. but yes for me, even if its minced meat I will blend cause he really has no teeth.

how come we don't hear from piggytoh anymore?

Dear mummies, need your advise. My son refuse to drink milk again recently, whole day he only take around 200ml in total, but he seems happy and active, no weight lose. Any mummy expirence the same before? What should I do?

hi nancy

sorry i got no experience with this. is he sick? teething? or feeding alot more solids/ snacks? is he pooping and peeing regularly? i guess if you really concerned, monitor further and bring to doc if symptoms continue?

Hi Aylie,

He is not sick, teething? hmmm, he got 2 and half teeth at bottom. he prefer solids more but i only give him one meal per day. His pooing and peeing are all normal. headache....

Nancy,

for u bb milk strike.. nothing u can do cos my #1 ever milk strike for many mths whole day barely drink more than 300ml so i add milk to is cereal n gave hm yogurt to ensure his calcium intake is sufficient.. at least now they r takin solid so not too bad ...most imptly ur bb is healthy n happy..

harlo all..

any1 miss me?? lol~

ya la lately kinda busy so many things den this thurs i goin HK den comin up CNY n 1st YO party for my boy.. jus settle the venue nia keke..

hows u ladies??? see sooo many gathering ard on f/b mus be havin lotsa fun

oh ya if u gals request for joinin the group on f.b pls indicate ur nick can? thanks...

nancy,

below 1 YO i dun recommend processed product such as milo.. for yogurt last time i gave Yoplait brand for 6mth n above from NTUC but now they no longer bringin.. i be givin bb the 1YO soon ...

piggytoh,

I've seen baby yoplait at ntuc, cold storage all these wor. but for above 1 year old. different from the one you mention?

Piggy!!!

Finally see u in the forum! Me me me!! I miss u!! LOL

but I guess u must be busy preparing for ur HK trip la... Have a good trip wor, and post lots of photos on FB k

Where is K's 1 yo celebration gg to be held? I still thkg of venue also. Really headache lah...

e_lazy,

i am sooo touch[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif])) hugs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ok la HK trip i only start to prepare abit yesterday cos on leave hahah... many other things to do keke... Dec is soooo pack for me...

oh i holding it at a chalet in the west... wanted to hold it at the same place i hold his full mth but hor the charges increase from $100/4hr to $150/hr u see siao bo...

wat abt u? settle the venue alr? venue is alway the biggest headache ...

Piggytoh,

Hihihi, nice to have you back [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Going for holiday again. Bringing your boys ?

kAIRA,

only bringin 1 boy cannot handle 2 on board the plane keke.. my #2 is more challenging than my #1 at same stage... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies how to join the FB group huh? i looking forward to see all your baby photos!

i got a question, if my girl is somehow allergic to normal formula and needs to be on HA (for some reason she gets rashes and throws up multiple times after each milk feed), can i still feed her yoplait?

you all starting to plan 1YO bday? wah so early.

nancy - if your kid on milk strike, y not feed more solid if he is keen?

sookie - i don't understand what you mean. if my girl is allergic to pork, then whether she actually consumes the pork will cause the reaction ya? since the pork already cook inside the porridge and she is eating the porridge. the pork is more on whether she can digest the meat properly?

anyone interested in this rider cum rocker winnie the pooh for $15? Collection at toa payoh mrt station. Condition 7/10[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6482708.jpg]

Hi Aylie,

I always tought milk still the best for the baby. think have to no choice have to give him more solid than milk. usualy how many meals solid you give to your child?

aYLIE,

FOR yoplait i tink it better to check with ur dr den take the risk...

for 1st YO party. it not early anymore.. to get a suitable venue is a big headache unless u wanna do it at home ... n if u gettin party packs mus find also esp if the theme u wan is less popular... den mus source for balloons etc.

hi piggytoh!

are you going hongkong? where are you going to stay. my hubby is going for business in Jan.. i know its going to be cold but i decided to take my #1 and go too and bring her to Disneyland. Like you, going to leave #2 at home. Going to miss him so much but don't think i can leave my maid alone with nai nai plus we've started him on solids, think it would be hard to have to cook! i'm sure you are very excited abt your trip cause I sure am!

Aylie: what i meant is its not because baby is bogeh therefore we don't give meat. can still give meat but must blend, not necc just use it to flavour stock. Usually meat is given much later than vegetables cause it has more allergic reactions (if any). Fish is the most and therefore PDs recommend it later. I think whether in soup or actually eating it, if a baby has an allergic, it will show. you are an eastie? which part of the east do you stay?

wah you girls have started planning for baby's #1 party? i'm so lazy... think going to keep it small. ha

sookie, sori, hvnt text u at fb, forgotten, heee. so much to do w/out the maid! Geez, will i be able to do w/out a maid from now on? haiz...

can't rem also, but i think i've 'talked' to u abt moving? we've sold both of our homes, currently renting 'cos not time to buy yet. Lease up here @ shelford rd is due soon, mid Jan, so hv to move again, preferably to somewhere nearer to #1's Pri sch next yr(it's harder and more restrictive in choices when u have a sch gg aged kid).

It's so nice that you ladies could leave #2 at home and bring #1 to holiday, I can't do that, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Was actually hoping to bring #1 to a holiday before she starts P1 but, haiz...

morning ladies..

Sookie!!

oh Jan ya cold infact tt time i went in Apr the post winter weather is much colder...

actually lately i am so busy i dun feel any excitement but i am sure i will when i reach there hopefully my #1 behave himself on board the plane.. my 1st trip with him to Jap was quite challengin cos he keep wantin to walk lol~

oh i stayin at Novotel Nathan at Jordan area.. Prudential is also ok cos got underpass to mtr so quite convenience esp with kiddo[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but since ur HB on business trip i suppose he will be stayin at Central area the business district?

Mum05,

hmm i will check out HK if i can get the things i want for party pack anot but most prob wun order online la.. cos not buyin alot..

actually hor i wanted to bring both if possible but my #1 is still young so quite challenging to handle both esp HK is so crowded.. but ur #1 alr quite biig so i suppose easier to manage???

Piggy you are back in action!! Forum died without you !!! Hoho!!

Enjoy your trip !!

Sookie : my hubby also going to HK for a business trip in March. I don't think I can leave C at home lar so it's either I bring her or my hubby will be lonely lonesome in Hk... Abit wasted for me not to go coz the hotel room and food etc is all covered I just need to pay for air tickets and I have miles to claim so it's going to be free! But aiyah it's a week without baby and I will miss her a miserable amount ... Hope you have a good time in HK!

I'm also in 2 minds about her 1st bday party .. May decide to spend it abroad instead =p

Mom05,

Wah, moving again! I think Im definitely buying our next home coz I hate moving .. So much work and hassle ..let's hope the market conditions will be favorable for us! I've started property shopping again.. Wahaha

ya piggy true, but hor, we realised it too late u know, #2 hasn't got her passport! haiz, now really too late liao(haiz,, jz nice no maid can go holiday...)

ya, moving the 2nd time tis time round [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] we also hope to buy one by next yr, prices shld hv slumped to quite abit by mid next yr bah... we're also monitoring, infact hv been doing so for awhile now... heeee

where are u looking at this time?

nancy - i feed my girl 2 solids a day, lunch and dinner. weekends i tend to steam a mixture of broccoli, carrots, pumpkin, parsnip (not all, just rotate), enough for 2 days then keep in fridge. when i want to serve, sometimes i cook porridge then mash it, then add in the vege stock. or i have organic porridge (just add water type), good for dinner outside when i can't bring vege/ porridge out since i leave my house at lunchtime. portion about 2 bowls of the pigeon mash bowl (clear box with yellow cover, comes with small spoon).

oh ya heinz also got this cookie thingy if your kid can eat as cookie. my girl can't eat cookie yet since she got no teeth, so i put it in the bowl, add milk and it melts completely. i also add organic porridge (2 teaspoons), and it fluffs up to a nice big bowl for her as dinner.

my girl still takes about 120ml every 3-4hrs so everyday about 5-6 feeds. (about 600-700ml)

anyone got any easy "recipe" to share while on the road with no kitchen or stove access apart from instant porridge or cookie?

piggy - woah that's early planning. actually what do you ladies think of celebrating 1YO? on 1 hand i think it's good memories to keep and take lots of photos for her to enjoy when she grows up. on the other hand, she's so young and won't even know what's going on despite all the hard work & money put into it!

Sookie - i'm at simei, my mom near bedok reservoir. are you eastie too?

how do you guys bring a 8 mth old overseas? usually we go out for 1 weekend already need to change diaper and feed so many times. if she poops, even more troublesome. i can't think of any other country more child friendly in SG! we thought of gg away for a vacation but simply cannot think of any good place (except maybe NZ but very hot now)

PInk,

lol~ the thread is v quiet la tt y i rarely come in cant be i come in talk to myself mah.. u gals also v seldom come in[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hows C? saw she fall everything ok?

March C is almost 1 YO it much easy to bring her oversea alr... u shd jus bring her along[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mum05,

nvm go make her passport now.. anytime wan to go can go even nearby country also ok mah[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Aylie,

cos my bb is born in March so i got less than 3 mth to plan not really early anymore cum CNY comin up..

ya i got what u mean.. for me i will only have party for 1YO cos it his 1st birthday.. he may not understd but i believe he will enjoy the accompany .. i did it for #1 so to be fair i will do it for #2 but i keep it simple la..

how long is ur road trip? if only couple of hr i will cook n store in food storage container like foogo.. or u can use tiger magic porridge cooker jus boil the rice n ingredient n pour in the container no need electric or fire auto cook..

piggy - not exactly road trip lah, but weekend we need to go visit my in-laws in the west. so i usually try to take opportunity to go out shopping or what not. once i prepare her lunch (around 11am), we'll go out all the way until 4pm to my in-laws place, then head out abt 6.30pm for dinner outside. very hard to bring frozen vege (will melt on the way), or anything that requires heating. heard from mummies in this forum that not good to keep food from 11am to 7pm for feeding dinner too.

tiger magic porridge cooker? no need electricity? no need pre-cook at stove? me a bit confused

Aylie

there are pigeon porridge sold at Takashimay baby dept..

Piggytoh

me too.. also bdae in mar..

but #2 liao, like no mood to celebrate.. plus they are really young to understand..

How abt a mass April bdae party??

Shall we book a gym and celebrate together?

Aylie,

in tt case it kinda hard not to use instant bb food leh.. the tiger magic porridge cooker all u need to do is put the rice ingredient in a pot once water boil(the rice n meat uncook) jus pour into the container n it will cook by itself..

Smiggleprincess,

maybe this is my last bb so will do a proper n yet simple 1.. ya they may not understd but can see he enjoy it... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

piggy, now wif #1 gg to P1 nxt yr, holidays wld be alot harder to plan liao. now passpt last only 5yrs, mustn't waste, hahaha.

Ok la, I'm not entirely a big fan of holiday esp. now wif the kids... :p

Morning ladies!!

Piggy,

U prob in HK rite now? I miss HK too, so enjoy my share also k!!! Lol

My 1yo bday venue hvnt decide yet. Really headache ah. Dun feel like doing at home, then hb say go restaurant like no mood, want to go kiddy place. Also dun want to book chalet. Dunno what he wants lah. HAiz

Went to Jacob Ballas gardens before and saw they hv this outdoor space like can hold function / celebration. Anybody has any advice?

Gymboree also allow us to hold bday parties at their premises, but I thk its gg to be ex rite?

Aylie,

Yay! Another mummy staying in the east. I'm at Eunos / Kembangan side. Oh, to join FB group, hmm... u want to add me as fren first, then I add u in our FB group? my email is [email protected]

Gg to try cooking porridge for bb N this weekend. Just bot a small slow cooker for this purpose. Hope he likes it!

Here's wishing all the mummies an early Merry Merry Xmas!!!

Hi e lazy

thanks for being welcoming! will add you in FB k. My mom is near Eunos, and i'm there every weekday so we're pretty near! do you all have meet ups in the east? if there are can i join? sorry being so buay paisay but my girl don't have friends her age

you all are really fast for 1YO parties. i know not that much time but i still haven't decided whether to do it or not.

enjoy your porridge. i am still slowly boiling rice over small fire for about 20 mins to get porridge for my girl.

merry xmas too all mummies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Aylie,

I have added you in our FB group. U check ok?

Oh wow! Ur mum stays near Eunos, then yes, we are really so near... Would you happen to work ard Raffles Plc / Shenton Way? If so, then we can meet for lunch wor...

Hmm... east mummies hv yet to organise gatherings, tho we have met on other occasions before [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] If got gathering, will jio u. Perhaps after cny bah. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks e_lazy, i'm in the group.

hehe, unfortunately i work out of town. i used to work at changi biz park (super east!!) but we just moved to starhub green.

thanks, look forward to keeping in touch [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

It's the X'mas' eve!

Here's wishing all mommies a very Merry Christmas! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back