(2011/04) Apr 2011

Hello mummies!

other then HB puffs and melts, what other finger foods can be given to baby now?

bread sticks?

finally see a speck of white under R's gum. looks like the teeth finally wanna make an appearance!

harlo mummies i am back..

soooo tired..

e_lazy,

hahha eat n eat n eat until fat fat keke.

birthday party at those kiddy place is nv cheap if u wan there r lotsa it.. it depend on what sorta party u wan la n if u goin to invite alot of kids? can always rent a function room n those activity mah..

mum05,

i love holiday even with kids.. sumtime it not where we go but we need a break from Sg keke.. even ur kid in P1 can jus go durin sch holiday mah. tt wat all parents did rite..ya only 5 yrs short n troublesome..

Lynn,

there r alot snack u can gave.. as long as meant for their age.. usu i jus go to the organic shop n see if any interestin snack meant for their age i will jus buy n try...

Aylie,

the magic cooker is convenience esp if we in rush or travel.. but the thing is how thry wil be feedin on porridge? soon i will try rice pasta on my bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Kaira,

nope it v small like those foogo container or flask we use to store bb food to keep them warmer.. tink got 2 size.. hmm last time i saw sellin at $60+ tt time Isetan got member promo $38 only now so many sales no harm checkin out[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lynn,

nope.. they can chew v well with their gum too.. as now we r suppose to gave them food with texture like meat to train them to chew so with or w/o teeth no diff[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mummies,

few days to the new year and that means our babies are growing up tooooo fast.

piggy: saw your hk pics. looks great. did you not go disneyland? so was it very cold? your boy could take it? did you miss your #2? i hope i wont miss my #2 too much.

im going to have to supplement some feeds with formula soon.. ss cant keep up. prob going with similac.. expensive!

cant believe sandy dee's boy can take a few steps! mine is only starting to crawl and only slowly... but his hands aiyoh sooo itchy fingers! everything want to reach out and touch and put in his mouth!

elazy: yah should have an east gathering! still have not met your nat yet!

aylie: im now at bedok, going to be near siglap area in end feb/mar. are u working for starhub now?

piggy, I dunno, i'm not a big fan of holidaying, even when I was still single, mayb i'm too particular abt cleanliness, so i tend to prefer everything my own, hahaha, bed, bedsheets, pillowcases, water, etc etc.

Plus the packing and unpacking is no fun too. It's rather fun la, the few days/weeks there, but come back, same liao, n then got the work to do. Plus with maid, good n no good, come bk can leave the washing to the maid, but if dun intend to bring maid along, then the maid go where? another prob...

Perhaps I've travelled too much with my hubby a few yrs bk(left my #1 wif my sis then, heartache all the time), literally once a month, on his business trips. Though I got the break/rest and some 'fun'(his overseas counterparts will bring us ard shopping/sightseeing) from looking after a kid 24/7 during these trips, I got sick n tired of it after a while lor...

But occasionally, I'd still get the 'urge' to want to go(when I forgot abt the hassle, haha), hahaha. Mayb will wait til #2 older than go bah, easier, unless I can't stop bf sooner, then may consider earlier, heee.. Can't bear to leave either one at home la... Wonder if we can leave maid at the agency?

Halo mummies,

Very fast 2012 coming! Time really flies.

Piggy,

Saw ur HK photos, really nice! I must go next year!! :D

Lynn,

Agree with Piggy, we hv to intro some chunky foods (i.e. not completely mashed up) to our bb. If they keep eating soft / liquid foods, they will become lazy to chew next time.

Sookie,

ya, FM are so ex and cos now i've stopped BF, now completely on FM. Very fast finish one tin liao. but at least u can start bb Z on Stage 2 immediately, which is slightly cheaper than stage 1.

Haha... my one also itchy fingers. Then scold him abit only, he will fake cry, but after i carry and sayang him, then he ok liao. BTH man. Now bb very sticky. Sometimes just walked out of his vision for a while only, then he will eh eh eh... anyone with this prob? Sometimes, i simply bo chap lah, just let him cry. If not, dun even need to go toilet liao.

East gathering - On lah. Maybe after cry, i try to organize something. Mummies from non-east part, if interested, also can join wor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

btw mummies,

check with u all, can we intro cheese to our bb now? I was reading annabel karmel's website. Some of her recipe has cheese as ingredient. I thot we can't really intro dairy products until after 1yo?

e_lazy,

Mine too. Like to touch this and that. When you take it back from him, he can quickly turn to the other side and grab something there.

Yes, same. Cannot walk away. He will yell/cry without tears. Want to do things also difficult.

piggy & elazy,

okay. venture into biscuits!

very hard to let bb self feed himself with elders and maid at home. sigh.

elazy/sapphiire: i read that at 9 mths the seperation anxiety peaks so expect more crying when you are out of their sight. yah man.. he is soooo good at grabbing things.. even hair on the bed also can use his fingers to pick it up! and now even when i carry him... he will suddenly "move" his body towards the floor, wanting to go down to the floor.. i almost dropped him a couple of times. so naughty!

elazy: cant remember about cheese leh.. but i know yogurt can.

are your babies starting to eat 3 solids per day yet? what are some of the breakfast items do you give your babies.. baby z is a bit sick of cereals..

HB puffs

I tried once letting my boy eat. I break into smaller pieces and he nearly choke on it. So scary. I think need quite a lot of saliva then can melt the puff? I don't dare to let him try anymore.

Hi mummies

are all of you starting your babies on puffs? I see the criteria on box is that baby must start to crawl. my girl still hasn't crawled! I know abit lame to say this but she is a fantastic sitter! (if there is such a word). can i still start her on puffs? will she choke? she bo geh too

sookie - no, i work at the building but not for starhub [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] starhub takes only a couple of floors out of the whole building but they are anchor tenant.

piggytoh - foogo!! can i check where did you see it for SGD38? my SIL taught me a trick the other day but i tried it with my normal thermal flask and it failed, so i intend to buy a foogo since she's using it. basically she washes the interior of her foogo with freshly boiled water (piping hot!), then puts in the rice and then fills it with freshly boiled water. keep it tightly closed for 2-3hours then serve. the rice will cook into porridge automatically. great for cooking in the morning for lunch, and when she is overseas, she brings rice and a electric kettle. sounds magical and can save electricity/ gas.

can you tell me where you saw your foogo for $38? i went to john little and the smallest one is $50

elazy

i think cheese is safer after 1 year ba...

sookie

kasper has been eating puffs for the past month..

he learn how to pick up and put into his mouth very fast..

initially also will choke but they learn very fast and it becomes soft very fast...

He eats pork porridge, cereal, puffs, fruit puree..

Aylie/Kaira

must always try..

if not they wont get to learn..

MUM05,

YA travelling can be v tedious esp with kids but sumtime we jus need a break away from sg[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] dependon individual bah ... i cant get enough from travelling[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Aylie,

the $38 i was referrin to tiger porridge maker durin isetan sales.. foogo i got from amazon small n gd serve me well not only i used it on porrdge sumtime i cook pasta n use it to store too..cant remember how much but definitely not $50 much cheaper..the tiger porridge cooker work the similar way no need electric 1.. but provided ur bb like whole grain porridge..

e_lazy,

yay had a great time eat n shop haha..n yes all dairy product after 1 YO ya...

yay last work day of the yr lo

wah piggy u shouted for me ar, hahaha. ya la, travelling can be fun at times, even wif kids, I go everywhr wif my kids, but it's troublesome lor. But i'd attempt that when #2's abt 3yo bah I suppose, see how things go la, wif #1 gg P1, gg holidays need to wait til sch hols, very sian...

Aiyoh, our new maid will arrive S'pore today but we can only pick her up 3 days later, which will be ard next Wed... alamak, I already gg crazy liao, what wif cooking, washing, cleaning, baby, #1! Next wk #1 starts P1, I can't go bk to slp wif bb after feeding her, I need to get up n prepare breakfast and lunch box for #1, *sob* *sob*...

mum05,

no la jus accidentally on my caps button lol~ ya i get when u mean. i will attempt to bring both boys for a short trip nex yr hope i can survive lol~

Sookie,

I let him try when he's 8 mths. My #1 only start eating puff aft 1 yr .

Smiggleprincess,

Very scary, the want to choke look. Don't know whether I dare to give him again. Kena scold by mum and hub.

piggy,

all dairy products and eggs too after 1 year old? I see alot of recipes using eggs.

How do i introduce pasta to baby?

puffs,

I started with R at abt 7mths, he wasn't crawling then, sitting pretty well and was itching to self feed himself. the puffs seems to melt very well for him in his mouth..

Yeah!!! Last day of 2011 Liao!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Yes my boy starting to walk Liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] meaning nightmare coming soon I can't imaging running aft 2 monsters in the mall.

I also want to know what breakfast mummies r giving to ur bb. Running out of ideas for my lil monster so started to gif him bread which is his fav.

My boy also super sticky even hb oso cannot tahan. Leave him wif hb he will cry till tear hse. When I c him cry for me I feel happy cos my #1 not like these so I feel there is a bond.

Tried letting him slP on his own ended up I can't slp the whole nite until I carry him back to my bed to slp wif me.

Piggytoh

Wow super like ur hong kong photo!!! So envy la last yr I go hkg not nice de now I miss it like hell lo. So gd u can leave ur #2 n go holiday I think I will miss him like a mad woman lo

hello mummies

happy new year!! Hope everyone had a good celebration, I spent mine clearing my girl's poop as she is still recovering from her stomach virus

I wanted to check with you guys how much solids you are feeding your kids? today she had 1 whole potato (boiled and smashed) for lunch at 2pm and by 3pm she was crying for milk. nowadays she takes about 150ml every 3-3.5hrs. it seems like a big increase before her stomach virus so i am wondering whether it's growth spurth, making up for diahorrea, or permanant to stay??

piggytoh - i found someone selling foogo in this forum under bulky items. so will most likely purchase from her but need to accumulate the buys otherwise gotta pay for delivery. now i'm thinking of starting her on puffs since all of you have. but like kaira, my girl seems to have the choking look when i give her biscuits? (japanese baby biscuits from cold storage)

are all of you feeding regular 3 solid meals? I am still doing 2 but increasing the amount.

Happy new year mummies! Back to work already sob sob and looking forward to the cny holidays.

Aylie: I read that there is a growth spurt at 9 mths. So maybe she is approaching that stage. I'm now giving 3 solids per day. Breakfast is he least with just 2 scoops of cereal or fruits (I'm running out of ideas for breakfast), lunch is a bowl of rice, meat/fish with veggie. Dinner the same except I give potatoes instead of rice. My boy loooves solids more than milk.

I'm off to Hk next week! So excited but wondering how am I going to pump And store milk since baby will not be with me.

morning ladies..

HAPPY NEW YR N HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE A BETTER YR[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sookie,

wow u goin HK[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] enjoy ya...

i haven even started my boy on rice.. he dun like solid tt much leh.. but heng he like cereal...

aylie,

Spree is much cheaper than BP i find... u can join spree under Amazon...

i am still feeding my bb 2 meal cos he is a smaller eater my #1 at this time alr feedin on 3 meal... cannot compare 1 depend on ur bb..

Morning mummies!

When can we reduce the amount of milk feed?

I feel recently R is like always hungry, middle of the night can latch till I don't have to pump in the morning. and he is still hungry!

maybe my supply is dwindling and menses just returned. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

should i increase the amount of solid's he's taking in the day?

He's having 2 feeds of cereal (breakfast & dinner time) and porridge with meat/veg for lunch with a couple of milk feeds currently.

Hi mummies!

yes 1st day back at work, was dreading it but not that bad actually.

Sookie - my girl just turned 8m, she's abit slower than all of your kids since she's born on the 30th. I'm still feeding her as much as she can eat but i worry about overfeeding. How heavy are your kids now? My girl is 9.5kg (when i brought her to the doc for stomach virus), and my parents constantly tell me not to feed her too much. hard to find a balance as she cries when she's hungry/ try to cut down her food.

How long you going to HK? Hard to store if you going there more than 3 days. Pump and throw?

Piggytoh - sorry, what do you mean by joining spree under Amazon?

Lynn - how about solids + formula if your BM is dwindling (if you want to cut BM). Or try to increase your supply in any way?

piggytoh - i searched under thermos under spree and found the amazon funtainer sprees. i tried to post there but it says access denied? do i need a minimum no. of posts before i can participate in sprees?

MORNGING LADIES..

aYLIE,

huh really ah.. i only know WTB n WTS thread need to join SMH for a yr den can post.. u can PM the spree holder to place ur order also...

actually ur gal is havin a v gd weight leh n there is no need to feed ur bb as much as she can eat personally i find it no gd.. as u could really over feed her as long as she is happy n growin there is no need for her to catch up with any1 jus my thots la..

piggytoh - no lah, she is not trying to catch up with anyone. about overfeeding, i have tried to set a limit to her diet, but she yells and screams when she finishes the food. i have found that when i increase her food amount, she's happier when she rejects the food (like turning her head away from food but ready to play). so nowadays i cook with a little bit of buffer for her to have excess.

i am also trying to limit her milk but she wakes up in the middle of night sometimes when i try to stretch the hours between the feedings. o_O

Hello !!! Hello !! Hello!!!

Piggy welcome back !! Hk pics look good!!!

Sookie, happy holidays to Hk! Shop eat shop eat shop eat!!

Aylie: are you A***** on Facebook ? Welcome to the thread ;)

aylie,

as long as u not overfeed n ur bb can eat den no issue n dun bother to try to reduce her milk la.. cos they gt diff phase 1 may lose weight when they sick..

Pink,

Thanks;)

yup i booked a west side chalet..

u can always use ur condo function room??? i dun stay in condo else i no need to headache liao haha...

Halo mummies,

Happy New Year to everyone! Huat ah!!!

I nua-ed at home for the whole of last week, now come back to work, hv to tell myself need to buck up liao, cannot nua... if not, work keeps piling up, cant finish ah...

Thanks to mummies who confirmed that cheese is safer to start after 1yo. That's what i thot too, so i found it strange why some recipes for 9mths start to use cheese liao.

How abt tofu? When can we start?

re: overfeeding

I also worried leh. My boy like drink alot of milk lor 200ml 5x a day, then 1x cereal for breakfast (5 scoops), 1x porridge for dinner (2 tbs). After cereal, not enuff, still want milk!! Same as Aylie, if dun feed him ah, he will cry cry cry.

Pink,

I also headache on venue. Haiz, dunno how.

btw, are we gg to have a 1yo bash? *blink* :p

Elazy, actually Im feeding my girl cheese. Kraft cheese sticks. Tried a little bit at the beginning to see if there's any allergy, and she was ok. So I continued. Read some websites that said it was ok to start at 9 months. Haha. But if u wanna be safe then wait till 1 year old! Mine loves solids so I'm letting her try. I'm a bad example ! Oops!

Eh u wanna plan 1 year old bash? Winks .

Wah piang, until now still never let us play with your son lor... Too handsome har scared all the baby girls rush for him?? Wahaha.

Pink,

Haha... I can plan, u want to co-plan with me? hehe... but scarly nobody interested ah

LOL man! he where got handsome? notti boy lah, nowadays keep on grunting / screaming when he doesnt get his way. sometimes really super bth!

PInk,

there is may things u can do to make ur party fun apart from location mah... we bobian gotta find another venue la..

i dunno KLeavan miss me anot but i do miss him lol~~ he is v sticky to me the moment i walk away he cry bth...

Piggy,

ya, very sticky. walk away abit only, cry and scream! and now keep on want ppl to carry. aiyoh, sometimes really tou tia! i hope this stage wun last too long... was Kyler like that last time?

E LAZY,

no wor Kyler not tt sticky wor.. i can jus left him on the playmat n walk away to cook or wat but this #2 huh v sticky.. even thou my HB carry the moment he saw me walkin away cry liao my HB bth him headache...

Piggy

same same! my hb scold him mummy's boy! he also abit jealous lah.. i mean, i'm quite happy that he prefers me to papa... but sometimes i also tired lor

E_lazy,

my HB only jealous if my #1 prefer me.. he bias la.. i always scold him.. but wat to do the bonding for my hb n #1 alr there so i keep askin my HB to play with #2 lol~

no need blend la cos we need to train them to chew mah.. i may start my boi with rice soon also infact i been gavin my boi more texture food also but he dun seem to like solid v much +_+

Piggy,

Ya then must get ur hb to bond more with kleavan. If not, next time kleavan jealous ah :p

Maybe kleavan still not used to the idea of eating solids yet? Try pasta, maybe he will like it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Can we try tofu already? I saw some recipes got tofu, tempted to try...

Back