(2011/04) Apr 2011

piggy: i don't know, the PD says better to take preventive measure and my hubby is very paranoid about it. We will let her stay under the light as much as possible today and tomorrow lor. And hope the count goes down. The PD frightened us with "brain damage" and "autism" liao. Oh well.

RE Bf, I'm still ok with it now, coz my nipples are still ok. I think once it starts to hurt I won't be ok with it liao.. too early to say... and night feeds I will ask them to feed FM.... then I can sleep and she gets to drink 30ML X 3 at least. BF I don't know how much she's drinking!!!

SIGH, and Parsley's losing weight liao. Making me stressed.. 2.6kg become 2.3kg =(((((((((((

Pink,

dun stress it pretty norm tt newborn will have weight loss of 10% n tt day i bring my boi to Polyclinic for checkup he alr gain back the weight loss n the dr say bit abnormal ZzzzzZzzz...

for nipple start applyin nipple cream dun wait till sore wor it will be too late...

Pink,

Looks like you are doing a good job!! You will love the side lying position even later on ESP during night feed.. I will fall asleep with Lisa like that.. =)

Usually after delivery, bb will be quite sleepy as it is also very tiring for bb.. =) except for my Lisa whose eyes were wide open the entire time I was in hospital!! My gosh!!

gerry: for Csect babies, it shldn't be tiring for them rite? they just lie there and get taken out. hahaha. but yah under GA the baby will be sleepy... but 3 days liao. Haiz. Yah I don't know why but I do feel sleepy feeding her.... last time I didn't understand why u would feel that but it really happened~~~

piggy: why is it abnormal? Yah true I need to apply the nipple oil/cream diligently. Thanks for the reminder!

Vonn - a sweep is a form of induction. Dr sweeps his fingers around cervix to separate the membranes around bb from the cervix to release prostaglandins to start labour.

Did he really charge you for the VE? Or the pill? I've had two VEs so far and no extra charges leh...

Pink, you get sleepy because oxytocins are released during breastfeeding, shook shook feeling [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pink,

cos the dr say usu their weight will drop by 10% n mine alr gain back i also not sure...

Vonn,

my boi from 2606 drop to 2500 den on tues was 2770... so urs also gain back did the dr say anything???

Pink,

I think breastfeeding has a calming/soporific effect on both mummy and baby i suppose.. Hehe!! Don't worry like what piggy said, maybe parsley will wake up in full force when you guys go home..

Yolk sac

Ya ESP in the middle of the night when it is just you and bb and the silence of the night..=)

Pink: ya, opted for GA. Hmmm.. But thirsty drink water liao can eat something sour to prevent myself frm puking mah? I also hope i can wake up asap and to see my bunny.. Will also try my very best to walk as much as possible to let my wound heal faster..

Yup that's why some women can be very "satisfied" while bfding [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mikio: Was advised not to take any food or any other liquid other than water to prevent vomiting. So u better check with ur gynae if u can take the sour suan mei. Jia you! Will be hit by pain and drowsiness initially but the adrenaline rush to see ur baby should overwhelm you i hope!!!

Get your hubby to bring some cotton wool along. Can wet ur lips with it. I wasn't prepared for Csect GA so I didn't prep myself properly. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Pink: was wondering if i would be too nervous to see my bunny a not that even GA cannot put me to slp then hw huh.. Haha.. Hmm.. I'll get my hb to bring some cotton balls.. Oh ya, we can drink plainwater right? Need nt drink red date water immediately hor? Cause i overheard my MIL telling my hb that she's gonna bring some to the hospital for me..

Lynn,

So u r looking at date before 10th? Then call choose 1st, 3rd or 4th...

Pink,

so how u survive w/o water? I dun actually remember I was restrict to drink water last time... Hahahaha...

No need to stress on the weight loss... It's very normal bb lost weight upon discharge, will gain back de...

Andrea,

Another 1.5hrs will be Apr aldy!!!!!!! How's ur cramp now?

Cowgal,

Congrats and u did a good job. Bb is big and u did it without epi, give the rest of mummies here great encouragement. Rest well and take care.

Tweety,

Thanks and see ya tml

Andrea,

Ya is true, if really very painful, must go straight to hospital. Don't force yourself to tahan. Pls take care.

Piggy,

Oic, think next time will juz smash with the skin on. Juz want to chk, for the nipple cream - when apply ald, then when want to pump or feed, need to wash thoroughly before each feed rite?

Hippopolai,

gynae ask me to prepare a date after EDD incase need to induce. and let her know at next appointment if haven't give birth. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

mikio: er... i don't think that will happen lor. Wahahah you will knock out within 2 mins.. damn fast one. :D Actually the longan red date water is very very heaty.. and I found out that after getting GA some people will get sorethroat and cough. So u may want to hold that first.

Hippo: Bo pian.... the nurses kept telling me i could only wet my lips and SIP................. haiz

Yolk, I think mine is sweep cos there's charges...if nt wrong it's $138...

Piggy, mine mostly on fm cos I din produce much bm. By right it shld dropped upon discharge and pick up.

Hw much yr boy drinking? Nurse told me during photography, they need to drink 80-90ml, upon discharge told me 70ml but doesn't seems enough to her. Gonna increase to 80ml for her.

Vonn, I can't believe he charges for moving fingers around in there! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks Mummies.

Just a quick update and reflection.

Waterbag burst at 6am.

Admit Kkh at 8am

Gynae checked on 9.30am…3 cm dilated.

Gynae said dun waste time since no contraction…put on induce drip.

But still no contractions…so induce drip increase the dosage…at 11+..contractions become tense and dilate 5 cm…then 7cm…then very fast 10cm…regular….so 1+ bb is born.

Frankly speaking…w/o epi…the pain is unbearable. #1 Insist no epi becos wanna to experience how pain it will be as a female and also cos scared of the needles and side effect.. Then this time ard…since #1 I can overcome…I shld be able to overcome this one also.

But the pain is really …..Only way out is tolerate and bear with it using the laughing gas.it really make u high…and drowsy if u keep inhale.

As for bb size…it does not matter is small or big when come to natural cos my #1 is only 2.4kg…this one 3.8kg.

The pain w/o the epi is the same! Hubby witnessed both delivery…he also feel that the size dun matter when come to natural when he saw me in pushing.

Furthermore, my #1 is small…but got bigger head circumference than #2.

So mummies jia you!

The disappointment...maybe I expected a april baby not a march baby.

Nevertheless, lucky bb come out safe and sound. Cos after born, gynae discovered he got three knot on the cord. If delay delivery…may caused him cant absorb nutrition.

And one more thing, bb got a birthmark on his hand… at tat moment when midwife and gynae mentioned at delivery suite…I am like so panic and ask how… how…wat to do? Then they keep console me the birthmark will be very fade in long run…and it does not matter since is not on face.

After gynae left, my hubby told me…the birthmark is not impt…most impt is bb is healthy.

Only after listen wat he said, I then relax down and agreed to it fully. Silly me.

So nothing is impt as bb’s health.

Sorry for my long story.

hi mummies,

sorry to disturb. i have 1 brand new bottle of GNC Fenugreek to let go as am stopping bf-ing soon. letting go at $25. Retail price is $39.90. Expiry in 2014. self collect only.

also have a packet of sacred tea to let go. opened but only used 2 tbsp. bought at $30+, letting go at $25. can be posted.

pls pm me if interested. thanks!

Cowgirl,

Wow, both times without epi. Really thumbs up for u. I also wish to try w/o epi bt my threshold for pain is nt tht big. Ai ya, tell myself, dun stress myself nw, play by ear on tht day and see hw. pls hv good rest.

Andrea,

Good that u are on the way to hospital, is ald 1st april so urs will be an april bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Keep us updated on ur birth story and very soon u can see ur bunny. So excited for u

Piggy,

Oh even apply nipple cream ald, juz use wet towel to clean before the next feed will do?

congrats cowgirl! andrea jia you!!!

hello fung fung, up so late? :p

I'm not sure if I missed out any postings from you...paiseh... hope i didn't...

When are u seeing Dr KK Ho again?

fungfung,

Ok! I'll be joining tml.. xD Novena Sq 2 is just abv Novena MRT right? Never go before.. =X I'm a mountain tortoise.. hehe.. Reach liao call who?

pink,

Still not asleep??

pearly: i don't need to sleep one... very high after Parsley comes out... wahahah...

can't really sleep in hospital.. alarm keeps going off..etc etc.. alot of friends sending congratulatory msgs... got to reply =)

pink,

That's good.. xD Seems like parsley gave u good training before she came out.. hehe.. Tues/wed my turn!!! haha.. Can't wait! =X

Pink,

Ya, going to slp soon. Tml take leave so can go to bed a little late. I tnk u hv missed bt then i forgot exactly wat i asked u ald. =D bt i tnk is related to ur c-sect. U opt for it or suggest by Dr Ho? Coz is 2 wks frm ur EDD.

i'll be seeing Dr Ho tml afternoon, by right is sat bt he'll be going oversea until 7th.

U aso up so late? Nt resting?

Pearly,

Ya, is abv novena mrt station. Do u hv other mummies' no? Those who were be attending tml? I can PM u my no. Bt worry that i'll be late coz got gynae chkup b4 that.

Fungfung: i opted for it coz i was scared of labour pains and i didnt want to wait around and my girl has a big head and the umbilical cord was around her neck.

After my op, Dr Ho actually said she was not even engaged at all so if i had wanted to wait.. it could have been a long time more...........

Pink,

U'll soon regret for not sleep in hosp, Lols~~~

Ok lar, u have CL, so not so bad....

Fung&Pearly,

Send u girls my number... Call me when u arrive, we will direct at Zhou Kitchen ya! Dun ask me where is it now, I never been there before~~~ hahahahaaha.... Update u girls tmr if u need...

High tea cum Dim Sum gathering @ Square 2 Zhou's Kitchen

01/04/2011 (Friday)

Time: 3pm

1) hippopolai

2) gerry

3) tweety (but provided me still not yet deliver la..)

4) jerelbliss

5) fungfung

6)baby26 (KIV, provided I not pop n if i not tired cos my hb dont allow me drive alone go so far,will reach abt 3.30pm if go,cos need to fetch my kids home 2.45pm then come from JW)

7) Pearly

8) Totoro_bb ( I may just dropped by to say hi as already booked massage at 4pm as I think i need it badly :-(

For those who can join can update ur name here ya!!!!

Yo girls, I pm u girls my number just in case!

Piggy,

At least this time round u can get 100ml earlier liao... A good sign!

Andrea,

Jia You!

Wonder how is Pongzai, she mentioned her gynae wanna induce her yesterday....

Lynn,

Maybe before bb will have action liao????? Dun worry so much... If overdue, maybe seek ur gynae advice rather to choose date? Bb health is more impt!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] piggy, vonne, all ur babies didn't lose so much weight. Only Ms Ooi lose 300g liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]((((((((

Must be my colustrum not powderful enough [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Gerry: yup will continue with the side lying position if it works.. Try not to hurt my wound

Hippo: hospital uncomfortable leh. How do u all sleep.., im the kind who can't sleep in strange unfamiliar environments. Can take 20 plus hours flight n stay awake throughout .....

Hi Mummies,

I am from 2010 thread.

I have a preloved Yao Lan (Manual) for sale. Comes with 2 clothes.

Rarely used. Condition: Very good.

Asking for $50.

Self collect at Punggol.

PM me for pics.

Back