(2011/04) Apr 2011

Andrea,

we haven pick a date wor but i tink June wld be gd when every1 has finish confinement so more pp can join? how u doin?

Thanks mikio [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Andrea we haven't set a date yet

Piggy yah I guess so.. Read from march thread that they catered mini hi tea food for their gathering heh

Piggy, ic.. I'm doing fine.. I most likely going back to work on 21 June.. When u ordering I-herb?? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Let me know..

Pink, u coming on mon right?

Hi mummies, I'm from nov10 thread.. Selling of some of my cream away cos I've overstock.

Desitin nappy cream-creamy 4.8oz Exp04/12, selling @$10

Lasinoh nipple cream 2oz Exp 09/12, selling @$12

Interested? pm me.. ;)

Bbgoh you pm me k?

piggy, think this yr job mkt is good. Happy job hunting!

sookie, e job scope is wat I'm looking for. As for good anot.. Can only know when I'm in. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi pink-no pro,know u are busy..u have a hard time also-c will get well soon!

Hi vivi-yup can understand yr agony wen our child unable to nap in the afternoon..my daughter drifted in and out of sleep..unAble to sleep soundly..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I do not know is it because they are not full after the feed thus cannot sleep? (experienced mummies, can this be a possible reason also)

piggy + experienced mummies: I need yr advice-I haf been feeding my daughter 3hourly since birth..recently,she is veri cranky when 3hrs is up..she will keep crying on and off..howvever,when fuss nearly to 1 hr, she will stop and finish up all her milk..kindly check is it becos she is setting a routine for herself by telling me I am not hungry at 3 hrs...cos usually wen 3hrs is up,I will automatically give her milk even though she is not crying for milk...can I actually drag her feeding time?

Hi mummies, wanna ask for opinions on baby carriers.. Beco, babybjorn or ergo? N which model did u use? I'm looking for a carrier but confused abt which one to get.. All so ex.. Dun dare to anyhow buy.. Heh..

Pink, sorry to hear that baby C has thrush. Did it happen coz didn't clean d whitish things on baby'S tongue?

Elmo, congrats on finding a better job offer! U r fast man! This is not that 12hrs job,right?

I hate going for job interviews n starting new job n worst is having to take care of new baby. U r good man!

Im so comfortable stayin at my mum's place that I even having problem dragging my feet out of her house...my mum even gotta go out buy lunch for me if she's not cooking..

Bbgoh, better take care, have more rest n boost up vitamin C!

pink

thanks. I m taking care of my girls with hb help. tats y I very scare of fall sick ESP during weekend when #1 not go cc.

elmo

lata I whatsapp u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I got yr no from mrs Chua last time when looking for u

ningyo

thanks yah last night quickly swallow vit C.

shice

I recommend ergo [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ningyo, it is tt 12hrs job. Cos the other offer i scared job scope even more stressed and much less pay. I'm taking my chances lah.. Go there and see how. At most quit and find new one loh. Under probation only need 1wk notice. Keke. Hb say dun expect to find another job w such good working hrs as my current le. Which is true. I work from 9 to 530 at current company.. On e dot go home leh. Think anywhere else i go also need to work longer hrs le.

Yoti, drag! I only feed when bb cry for milk. If time's up and he still happy or zz.. I ignore him. Else v difficult to feed finish e whole bottle!

wanna ask you all something. I need to go for body check up cum chest xray. Do you think it's safe to feed bb my ebm after e xray? I asked gynae.. He say e radiation is negligible.. So no issues. Even if preg do chest xray also no issues. Any other opinion?

Pink,

Ya the other time for #1 we cater the teck NEO mee siam n nasi lemak n order jelly heart for the 1 mth bash lol .. Maybe we set a date first easier to plan[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yoti,

Of cos we can drag the timin everytime I increase the Amy I increase the interval now I feed every 3.5-4hrly or longer if he din cry for milk..

I dunno ur BB fuss becos becos of wat mus trial n error ..

Shice,

I was actually aimin ergo but I went we try the carrier I tink more suit for older BB cos the gap to put BB leg abit wide ..

Hi piggy-thank you for yr reply.yup really dun knw y she can fuss too much wen drinking milk..I feel so stressful wen feeding her now..haf drag her feeding time and still can fuss a while den willingly to drink..shake head...

Another question: last nite my last feed is at 1035pm..she only woke up at 5Am for milk..will the interval too long? Usually I will dreamfeed her after 1035pm then woke up ard 5am for her feed..but last nite I decided to trial and error..motherhood is reali difficult [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Yoti

ya lor very tiring when Vianne dont sleep in the afternoon. Then when Hubby back home sometimes he unwilling to help me then he ask me how come you don't nap in afternoon. He don't understand that is nit I don't want to nap but the small one don't want. Hmm Vianne also his but all leave to me to care.

For me if Vianne no cry I won't feed milk no point because she don't drink and then she fuss makes mummy and baby stress. Maybe she is cranky because you force milk and she actually don't want? Must trial and error.

Remember I was complaining Vianne cranky and cried during evening and night. After observation she is hungry and she can ask milk for 2 hours interval or even 1 1/2 hours interval. I am still observing her.

For me I don't dreamfeed Vianne because knowing her pattern if she is sound asleep better don't stir her

Piggy until now me still not increasing the milk. For 100 ml she is taking 3 scoops of milk powder.

Yoti how much is your gal drinking since your baby is also on enfalac?

Pink me here at home as usual Hubby went to work . Me kind of lonely. Everyday my motivation is to wait for Hubby to be back and his off day. Everyday seems to be the same.

Yoti,

aiyo if ur gal can sleep thru so long u shd be happy ... now my boi longest can only sleep 5hr+ lo... when bb r ready they will sleep longer 1 dun worry... hmm could it be other reason tt ur bb fuss? say bott teat too small she pekchek? or she got gas in her tummy? actually for me i find not a gd habit to dreamfeed wait become a habit nex time she will wan nite feed .. but up to u la..

Vivi,

nvm 1 la diff bb diff maybe ur bb jus small drinker.. as long as she is gainin weight n healthy it ok.. hmm y dun u bring bb out for a walk?? no gd to stuck at home all day long leh esp u kinda feel depress...

vivi: understand how you feel cause I feel the same way sometimes.. and the weather.. so bloody hot! can't go out as and when i want to.

baby Z has the cough and cold.. has to be put on the neubilizer. I'm so sad...

Since tt quite a few mummies hav prob with bb oso.. Reali a tough path... But oso a joy.. Bb mak us cry n hapi n joy...reali a experience...till nw i duno wat is cak slp oradi becme a zombie liao..

Check with mummies, usuali menses will str cme when?? After 1mth i start to hav brown stain, recently fresh blood cme again, i wonder is menses?? But my review with gynae is 31may, shld i change appt? Coz e review is to check our uterus rite?

Vivi,

Go take a stroll in an open area.. If baby cry, just park by one side & soothe bb.. Better than stuck with crying baby in the room or house.. So cornered & lonely kinda feeling.. When outside, somehow baby's cries don't sound as loud de..

Anyone brought 2 kids out to town alone before?? Any tips for me? Tml will b first time taking both Ks out, armed with only an Ergo to paragon! My friend will go with me to help out.. Not taking stroller cos going there to buy a double stroller.. I think i'll take cab there ba cos will bring my carseat.. Nervous & excited at the same time!

Even with the stroller & a friend, also nervous leh!

Vivi: my girl is drinking 100ml too..however sometimes,she cannot finish will drink ard 80-90ml...yr girl can finish 100ml everytime?in other words u are also feeding vianne wen she need milk? U are feeding every 3hrs also right? If more than 3hrs, did u increase her milk intake?ard hw many feeds vianne is drinking everyday?

Guy is always like tat-veri insensitive de-they will never understand wat we go thro'..my husband also thought tat I everyday at hme take care of baby nia-will not be tat stressful until one day he on leave den he saw everything..dun take it to heart; they dun mean it..just that we are woman they are man..u are doing a gd job le-keep it up!

Littletwinstar,

Usually the appt after the 6th week is for pap smear de.. Better call & check cos u can't do pap smear with menses or discharge, i think..

Elmo-thank you for yr reply...

Piggy-thank you for answering my question-really appreciate...the reason I dreamfeed becos I feel tat my daughter small drinker..I thought more feeds she will drink more milk..yr boy drinking 150ml while my girl only drinking 100ml..but as u mentioned as long as she gain weight and growing well, I am contented le...like last nite,I am so worried,how come she does not call me for milk? Didn't sleep a wink also though she didn't cry for milk! As Last nite is the first nite I tried without dreamfeed her..

For her cranky, I am still observing-haf drag her feed longer..will intend to change teats if she still behave like tis...hope she will back to her normal self wen feeding...

Little twin star,

The 6th week check up is to check ur uterus and to do pap smear.. If don't have discharge.. Sometimes, if uterus don't contract properly, there might be more bleeding.. So i think you should go and see how.. Dr will reschedule if need to

I am 5 weeks post partum.. Initially it was brown or nothing much.. But the past few days I have bright red bleeding again.. Haiz.. I think it is cos I have been carrying my #1 too much and exerting myself.. The bleeding is caused by the blood vessels that were attached to the placenta.. So maybe you should rest and see whether bleeding stop..

Yeah maybe I should heed all your advice to take a evening stroll downstairs. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yoti

My 100 ml is 3 scoops of milk powder because the other time Cl gave 3 1/2 for 100ml like too heaty can see bai sai. So u reduce back. She finish all most of the time now. Vianne cry then I give milk and even if timing drags I dud bot increase because tried before she couldn't finish. Per day she us taking average 8 feeds.

How many scoops of powder are you giving now?

Sigh my Hubby knows it is tiring but still he has lesser patience with Vianne especially when she is cranky. Have to see his mood.

Pearly enjoy your shopping trip. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] you seem to carry a lot of things with the 2 small ones ke ke ke

Gerry

sorry to ask stupid qns, but what is pap smear? same like you, im 5 wks post partum as well and have bright red bleeding, similar to that of menses.... but it has reduced already.

Pearly & Gerry: e bleeding like getting more n more... Pap smear is to check for any infection? Check uterus mean e gynae gg do e same as do VE? Scary..

Mayb i over-exert? Coz after confinement i start to do hse chores..

Pap smear is to check for cervical cancer..they'll do a swipe inside n send for checks of any abnormalities..n to check contraction of uterus my gynae used e ultrasound..no ve..

Vivi,

bb was crying, my auntie and me carry him he keeps crying.. once the maid carry. he stopped crying. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

shice,

I just got the babybjorn carrier air. which my hubby actually prefers more compared to the other more expensive carriers by the same brand. cause the material is like mesh, so more airflow flows through and bb won't be so hot. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BB R looks happier and more comfortable in the babybjorn carrier then the pupsik sling i have. maybe i need more practice carrying him in the sling....

Pearly,

u nv bott both out even with HB???

usu 1 of us will push the stroller n 1 will hold #1 n walk .. ur gal seem more well behave than my #1 so dun worry ya shd be fine... after u bott the stroller tink shd be easier...

Little Twin star,

usu the review is to check if ur uterus shrink back n any clot n usu done by scan via tummy.. as for pap smear like wat Rach say n it a mus to do after we deliver la.. hmm sum pp their menses will jus rtn earlier even durin BF if u worried bring forward ur appt to have a check?

Vivi,

erm u mus see the milk tin 1 scoop = how many water leh cos we cannot gave more powder leh cos bb liver may not be able to take it.. so usu more water ok but cannot gave more mil powder wor..

Yoti,

ya parenting is nv easy n i assure u more to come... but dun worry 1 step at a time.. ya my bbmay drink more but i fed him lesser feed also.. abt 5-6feed per day nia..

Ok seem like no 1 reply me on the food preference... so shall we meet at NYNY the space seem better...

Lunchie

Date: 23 May

Time: 12pm

1) Piggytoh

2) Hippopolai

3) Tweety

4) baby26

5) Andrea

6) mikio

7) bbgoh

8) Pink (tbc)

9) Sookie (tbc)

10)Shyannlong(tbc)

11)jerelbliss ( got to leave at 230pm cos need to bring bb to poly for jab )

Little twin star, michelle s,

Actually it is advisable to do a pap smear every year once you become sexually active.. Early detection of cervical cancer is very treatable..

Pap smear can be a little uncomfortable and painful.. Might even bleed a bit.. They will put a device that looks like a duck's beak into your v and then dr will take a stick like thingy to scrap some of your cells from the cervix to send for testing.

Michelle s,

Ya me too the bleeding is not alot for me to say it is menses.. Just bright red here and there.. I can still wear a thicker panty liner.. I was reading somewhere that over exertion like carrying heavy stuff can cause more bleeding.. Don't know how to true.. Will try to avoid carrying my #1 and see how it goes..

Bfing can also have period.. The last time mine came after 3 months.. It ranges.. Some 6 months, some lucky ones will only get it when they stop..

Vivi-I am giving 3 scoops of milk powder also cos fm is more heaty...thus give more water is better than to give more milk powder...at least she can finish drinking all the time..if she is having an average of 8feeds,then vianne is quite a routine baby ( 3hrs she will wanna milk)...Now I am just praying bb will not fuss and back to her normal self wen feeding cos afterall milk is their only source of food..is veri worried abt her..will monitor another 2 days,if nt,guess need to bring her see pd le..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mummies, long x no post.

Vi/Yoti, mine gal oso drinking 100ml now. Used to be 125ml during growth spurth,dnt knw y reduce now.

Pink, hope ms C get well soon. Btw, what makes u bring her to pd? Did she show any sign of thrush?

Sookie, mine oso coughing and block nose. Goin to pd tml hope it's ju's 'small issue'. Think neb is very common now, cheerup ya.

Mommies, can I ask... My boy is on total bfeed but hasn't pooped for 24 hrs Liao... Is it normal? Any ways to induce poop? Tried wiping his butt n airing it n make the 'ng ng' sound but still no poop... Sigh.

LittleTwinStar,

I never do for my #1.. This time I will go have it done ba.. Just duno when.. I still got a bit of discharge so will have to wait a bit loh..

piggy,

Got.. We always bring both out.. Usually, 1 in carrier and 1 in stroller loh.. My ergo can use for Kae also cos got insert mah.. But the siong time is during mealtimes leh.. Somemore my girl now super whiny and fussy cos sick.. ARGH..

Tml, although my friend will be helping me, will also be quite tough cos she's in her week 38, almost due liao.. LOL! I cannot expect her to carry for me.. Hope will go well until I buy the stroller loh.. Really nervous sia!

Oh ya, my girl now totally duwan to walk.. Duno if it's becos she's sick or she's just plain lazy.. Haiz..

Yoti and piggy then ok lor I still worried powder not enough guess shall stick to 100ml with 3 scoops of powder.

Yoti Vianne usually at 5.30pm onwards will start to drink 2 hours interval and the rest of the morning and afternoon she drinks every 3 hours or else earliest 2 1/2 hours interval. Still observing whether is this going to be a routine.

Having said that night time she fussed more don't want to sleep if not a bit cranky so night time is more tiring for me. More so if she is active on the afternoon.

Lynn observe the maid and see what she does makes it comfortable for baby then you try . Maybe this will work?

Sookie speedy recovery for your baby hugs to both mummy and baby. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pearly, r u sure u wanna go shopping with ur heavily preggy friend? I don't think it's such a good idea especially u r bringing baby n a sick toddler....

Btw I think girls r more sticky always want pple to carry. My 3yo girl always want us to carry her n shes not light woah, 13kg n quite solid 1.She doesn't like to sit stroller unlike my 5yo boy. My boy still loves to sit stroller when going out.

Thanks mummies for ur comments of baby carrier.. I'm gg to get a second hand babybjorn.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back