(2011/03) Mar 2011

milktea - I dont have hard time to wean Matthias off of his pacifier.

Day 1: whenever he asked for tutu, I just divert his attention. Give him food/snack, bring him go downstair, NTUC etc. During ZZZ time, whenever he asked for it, I just acted blur like I do not know what is tutu.

Day 2: Same strategy

Day 3: he himself went to tell his babysitter :" tutu, no more!"

Pauline, super agree w your post!!

So so glad I know you all so that I can ease into #1... N now #2 better!

But the part for giving birth w/o epi... I really cannot, even for #2 w epi... I still damn shay Kenya the pain on one side ! Super torturous SIA! Ha ha ha... But the breast feeding part! Salute!!!

Chris... Tahan n be hard hearted... Tell Hb also... ESP when you wanna train him.... Either your way or no way! Mummy knows best! Sometimes I feel Hb like to spoil them! Jiayou!

pauline: hehe...i also feel more "click" with u all here...even though some of us doesnt meet, we can still chat and talk lor.

my #1 thread never like that...

its very nice to know all of u here.

milktea: seriously i think the best time to quit tutu is after 1 year old. before they really know how to ask for it.

now its very hard to ask them to quit. unless really 1 day they really can accept it..

sorry cant help on this..

morning mummies...

well said Pauline! would like to echo her post too. really thanks to mummies here. so helpful and our tread is alive until now when our kids are all turning to 2 soon!

bcos of mummies here, my mum was kind of impressed of me cos i seem 'knowledgeable' in taking care of my gal, even my SIL would consult me for bb issues...haha..cos i got all e tips from all of you...hehe

thank you mummies....wang shui!

i agree with pauline..my #1 thread died like after their 1st bday or some where there lor...

n we all still chat chat n they r nearing their 2nd bday already!

i agree with 2ks..my boy stopped his tutu at 11 months coz the stupid IFC give him happily any time of the day..so i damn pissed...during the CNY break..i just never give at all..

jsut 1 week during the CNY break..after tt i told IFC no more tutu..

but the girl i didnt even start her at all..so no issue..less 1 thing to carry out of the house..

i hated it coz last time my boy everytime go out must remember to bring out...

hope i can persevere for #3...no tutu to start with ...milktea..men are like that..u just have to have ur stand..my hubby say what's so wrong by giving pacifier...coz the one who is weaning is not him lor..its me..its always the mummy doing all this things

now for the one gg to be 2 yrs old..2 big projects..toilet training n wean the milk bottle...soon soon..so damn lazy this mummy...

my frens boy is toilet trained at 18 months..i am so damn impressed...the mummy did nothing to toilet train him at all...coz he got 2 elder kor kor..monkey see monkey doo..automatic toilet trained..!!

jaime: i am lazy mummy...i will leave it to the cc to toilet train him. but then hor..i think he see his korkor pee, he sort of trying hard la.

but then hor...sometimes its very irritating when he not wearing diapers...

always say wanna poo or pee at the wrong timing...

talking about weaning off bottles...kyler is still on bottle..lol

i think its my big project too..

kiefer temp still cannot...sometimes whole night he can drink 3-4 times milk.

jaime,

i saw Shay's classmate is diaperless too ... his mummy is doing a good job. In fact, i also dunno how to train leh .. my #1, her cc trained when she is N1 .. So, lazy me also expect cc to train my #2 lo.. just gotta spend more on diaper lo, pay for the laziness.

Bottle, i think before sleep is ok leh ... but strictly no bottle outside. my girl is 4 & everynite must drink with bottle b4 sleep de leh .. she is like a drug addict begging for the bottle leh ..

Super agree with you all. I learnt a lot from this thread and brought so much away from me. Thanks again for being so generous with your advice and tips.

Milktea: My boy is also a tutu boy. He needs it only when he sleeps. I told hb that I want to start quit-tutu project after CNY. His reaction scared me - he gave a curt no and said our boy is still adjusting to childcare. We cannot intro too many changes to him. WTH!

Childcare: My boy has an awful start to childcare. He was crying so badly for the first few days plus several nightmares and screaming matches that the cc said to slow down the pace. So in his 2nd wk, I sent him in (instead of his fave daddy who was almost a wreck after seeing his baobei cried like no tmr), maintained my cool and got the caregiver to pick him up after 2.5 hrs. Target was to slowly extend by 1 hour gradually. This is the 4th week - though he stil cries on/off when the teacher brings him into the classroom, he is no longer crying when his dad brings him to school. Yippee! It was challenging and we were lost. But I guess if we hang on, we will see the results. I would apply the same rationale to quit tutu project haha.

Quit diaper: I think I come to that after quit tutu project haha!

Bottle: My boy needs the bottle before sleep (he drinks 1 time at 3am too) but he doesn't drink outside anymore, even in the care. I am concerned about his teeth though after reading the newspapers (ST, last Thur). Gotta work harder on this part.

my boy is oredi finished project in terms of babyhood stuff..no more bottles..totally toilet trained day n night....

so i have the milestone oredi using #1 as benchmark...so #2 cannot lack behind right..some more ppl say girl faster to toilet train...

see not sign of any of that happening to C yet.[IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

i also wait for cc to toilet train my boy tt time when he was 2.5 yrs old...sigh..if i am really lazy i shall wait til then..i guess more effective if joint execution at home n in school..

even the bottle..the schoool was instrumental in the weaning..the school stop us from bringing the bottle at 3yr old..so i also stop it at home at the same time as well totally...throw away the bottles for good!

sinmey, my cc also got kids in C's class also diaperless...!! so impressive..

bottle... i have seen p1 kids still drink bottle at nite..yikes..but i guess there is a limit..my fren say before enter p1 bah..haha...

for Janelle, the school still allow them to drink from bottle when they are in PG1. but once promoted to PG2, than can only drink from cup.

As for diaperless, as much as i want, but really dont have the time to train at home since weekdays she will be in childcare. School mentioned that they will start after PG2 if not mistaken. so. yes agreed that it need to be a joint effort.

mimimo - dont worry, all the quitting projects, just a matter of getting used to their crying and whining. Must immune to that and 1 week, your quit projects will be successful. For school, they will start to love it. J started in Dec and was really gladful that she didnt make a scene in school. She cried in the beginning when she see me leaving, but the moment door close, she stop. initial few times when she sat school bus, also will cry. but now, aunty said she know she reaching home and will be eager to get off the bus. dropping her in the morning is a breeze now cos she will say "My school, yeah", wave goodbye n hug before i leave.

mimimo: start one thing at a time...too much for the little boy.

crying part really have to be hard hearted. he be fine soon de.

allets, we're still wondering whether we want to celebrate my gal's 2nd birthday in school. But her school only allows birthday cake. Goody bags are banned (I like this rule :p). I think goody bags usually for classmates only.

Pooh bear - oh, never know childcare got such ruling. also good lah, else they eat all the junk food. everytime J takes back a goody pack, will end up in my stomach cos i dont really let her take all the snacks, unless healthy ones.

I will be celebrating her bday in school with cakes and goody bags. some parents even go engage those balloon / magician ppl. for me, no money, too much coordination. simple celebration with friends ok liao.

allets, that's why I like that rule. Usually goody bags are filled with junk food, toys & stationery (not so bad). Not very healthy. :p

Haha, I jz packed the baby bite n wang wang for shay bday goodies bag... I think they will be disappointed if no goodies bag lo....

Thanks 2Ks, gonna go slow hor. Btw the prawns are yummy!

Allets: thanks for the encouragement! pls correct me if I am wrong, is your gal in Cherie Hearts?

Craft: anyone knows of a good website for simple handicraft for kids? wanna do something with him to occupy the long break...yup, me not creative mama.

Ang bao: how much are you giving your kids? do we need to do anything specific like put it under the pillow etc?

mimimo: art and craft...

just get some poster paint, cut up some fruits and give them a mahjong paper to paint and chop chop chop...

wider area lesser to clean...LOL

thanks for the compliment...glad u like it. is it very big size?

thanks 2Ks...that is a good and cheap idea. The prawns are the same size as those we see in jap restaurants. Are you still gonna do this long-term?

how's baby girl btw? kicking already? =p

mimomo - yes , cherie hearts@ the chervon. thumbs up to them. cos the teachers very supportive and caring. makes transition to school painless. one thing left unresolved is J's school bus arrangement in the morning. still on waiting list. other than that, i love the school much!

mimimo: i dunno yet leh...see got demand or not lor. if u want still can check with me anytime.

yes...this bb girl is very alert at night...

now already cant carry kiefer for long lor.

right now is thinking of names for the baby...

allets: u pay a premium price, of cos service good la...if no good how can.

2ks- not true leh.. my sis kids in cherie hearts other branch, the teachers not caring one. there are a number of times, either my nephew never wear his underwear home, or the blur teacher wore it over his diapers . and they bo sim like that de. guess teachers are v impt.

allets,

wore his underwear over his diaper ? is it punishment to make him a Superman ???

i agree that good or not is depends on the teacher u get ... Of course, if the school's principle is strict & ensure all teacher follow and meet the expectation will help to push the teacher to get better la ..

milktea

my #1 was on tutu til abt near 2yrs old. we planned to quit tutu after a wk trip to tokyo. but durin the trip, she often played til shag or until too tired n juz dozed off in our arms without requestin for tutu. after the wk, she was alrdy totally wean off tutu... saved us the trouble also! mayb durin cny, ur boi played til tired n start slpin without tutu n get used to it? hope u suceed soon!

allets

i givin goody bag for ying classmates n the other class in the same room. (playgroup n toddlers) cos the playgroup kids got take care of her also leh... bring her to wash hands, toilet, table, etc.... so appreciate the kids to continue to "guan zhao" my gal lor.... hahaha

my goody bag is wat 2ks wont like one though... hahha.. ovaltine sweets, jelly, dippin biscuit n a stencil ruler. cake wise,,, stil decidin to buy or bake her one..... hmm.... depends on my health at that time then decide ba....

teachers... i rather like my gals teachers... but there 1 teacher in another class whom i find also bo sim de.... or mayb not as enthu as the rest? while the rest will participate n sing or animate to entertain the kids. she dosent even want to sing de lor... v chin chey de.....

2ks, haha. actually i dun really mind parents throwin it away. cos mainly for the kids to receive goody bag only... lol my gals always so happy to receive it even if they dun get to eat most of wat is inside!! lol i usually dun let them too much choc or gummy type of sweets. for biscuits, stil ok la. =p

2ks, no matter wat is bought. how to b 100% that wat bought is accepted by all? cant please all de mah. mayb even cornflakes r not even considered by some as not healthy cos it sugar coated or contain honey? so juz a tot. accepted or not, up to individual. they throw or dun throw, i cant control. =p

Hello mummies.....Wishing everyone a Happy & Prosper New Year!!

holiday mood already. no mood to work. heard a lot of ppl have official 1/2 day but not for my office [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

for e bday goodie bag for sch, i have prepared a stationery set for B's classmates, and ordered baby chiffon cake for e rest of e sch friends to share. i also dont quite like e goodie bags cos most of e time it goes into my hubby's stomach. haha

i see some parents hire magician, balloon man etc....so rich sia. i rather save e $ n do own family celebration outside.

Ging xi gong xi!

Ya, planning to do a school celebration too! Think goody bag, just buy pArty stuff like whistle, bubbles n baby biscuits! Anything else.. Dunno bother! Ahahhah

Hmm... Nany chiffon cake? For kids is it, Audris? Thinking if i should get simple cake just to blow candles lah! Dun think they will know what flavor and character too!

hi hi...

so long never login here read caz busy at work...wah come saw so many mummies goin to give birth soon...wah...u all very onz..my prince alone already making me mad most of the days..

everyday go home neighbours sure know we at home liao..caz i will : BABY DONT TOUCH THAT, BABY WHY YOU CLIMB HIGH HIGH, BABY STOP THAT, BABY here BABY there..sigh..no more xing xiang already..haha..

CONGRATS to all the mummies!! esp 2Ks!!! finally a girl...kekeke...super the bao bei of the family liao confirm...so the theory works? nipples protruding or not? my boy nipple is protuding mean boy again huh? ayoh then i better think twice..no energy chase another monkey like him...

as for weaning, ayoh i try wean him off latchin is macham like killing him..cry and cry non stop for hour (i tried...he really cry for an hour and i gave in else neighbours all come after me)..gosh...how u all wean babies off latching at night huh? teach me leh...

Tres - I ordered mini/baby chiffon cake is from prima deli. These are for e other kids in her sch. about 80 of them. For her class, they will share e Dora birthday cake with her, and each gets a stationery pack.

Also, will be buying a bottle of ribena for sharing. i think this is e standard trend for her sch. Since 1st time, I wat also ask her teacher or principal on their standard practice....so, sure wont go too wrong [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Happy CNY everyone! Huat ar!

2Ks, share with us your princess' name! Gals' names starting with 'K' are nice!

Babybride, at this age...very hard to wean...gonna wait for him to wean willingly or you need to explain or reason a lot to make him understand...Some will apply chilli on nipples and stuffs but I find that too much already...

No major celebration for 2yo birthday. No $ already. Will celebrate on odd numbers.

smiggleprincess: when i did #1 birthday celebration at mcd. i did for his childcare. so i paid for the bus to ferry the kids there. the bus cost me $60 for 2 ways. perhaps u can check?

won_mummy: do check with school whether u need to provide paper plates and forks or not also. wah....80 kids...

i go broke. the stupid goody bag also cost me $60 lor.

pauline: talking about names! i headache lor! dunno what name la...not much choices leh...got any suggestions?

katie, kitty, keira, keiko, kyra, kara, kaylene, all these i think of...but doesnt seems to rhyme with her father funny surname leh.

actually i tot of kylie one...then one of my #1 thread mummy her daughter name lor...dont wanna be same with her...dunno la. but i think kylie is nice name hor

talking about goody bags, i started preparing but haven pack yet. teacher said just 25 for the playgroup kids.. i bought baby bites, the london swiss roll and a pack of the yupi gummy bear , stickers and probably a pencil or what. waiting for the shop to be opened .. she celebrating on the eve of her bday ..

as for cake, still undecided.. but if order 1 whole cake, need at least 3.5-4kg (for around 90 kids) .. thinking of getting from pine garden but need go all the way to amk to order, i sian half..

won mummy - how much the chiffon cakes?

2ks - Kylie is a nice name.. or kaylene ?

aiyo...going for my gynae check later.

i very scared wait he said i put on 5kg how how how...

all the cny feasting....

previous check only put on 1.5kg..

2ks - oh ya! thanks for reminding on e paper plates and forks. I missed that out. how can I live w/o u...hahaha

allets - baby chiffon cakes got diff pricing. I order e set 32pcs @ $18 x3...come out to per pc only abt $0.56 only......hb now say wants to prepare party pack for 80 of them. but we will keep it v v simple.

hmm....i only order 2kg for her cake. teacher say just need to share among her classmates, abt 25 of them. y dont u try prima deli? got lots of pretty cakes to choose from.

Happy V Day, mummies!

2ks, what about Kristin, Kristalle, Karie, Karine, Kathryn, Kate, Kaelynn, Krystle and Kalleigh (pronouced as Kelly/Kylie).

Pooh Bear, I like Kayla too!

Wah, excite to think of name..,

I op for Kara .... Or Kesha the rocker singer ??

Hmm, not easy to find one to suit the surname too..

No lah.. Kara sounds like coconut milk to me!! Later pole makes fun of her call her calabee.....

Something sweeter, say or seeming pole will pronoun ba!

Tell you, for my #2, my relative called her 'collect'.... Whereas her name is Colette! Faints!

Wah i got many other choices leh... kaelynn also not bad hor.

Thank u for the suggestions. .. going to write down...

Anymore????

Won mummy: I m always by your side u dunno meh... Wahahahahaa

2ks, I like kylie & keira! I had a student last year who is named Kylie is a very nice girl! Top 3 in class! =P

tres, lol! My parents and relatives can't pronounce both my kids' names lor...Gareth & Genevieve...hehe..

mimimo, I like Karine too..another nice student...lol!

Back