(2011/03) Mar 2011

hahaha....pauline...u see me too up..

i actually encourage her to go for the gathering..cos she has a difficult baby...and going ki siao soon.

hey mummies,

any idea how to let our toddler be less sticky to just 1 parent ? i am going nuts soon with J's stickiness. go toilet / shower also must follow. make milk, also must sit on the kitchen top and see. wake up dont see me nia can cry the house down type. she doesnt want her daddy, ah ma etc. only want mummy. even when she cries, she will also chant "i want mummy, i want mummy".

pauline: ya lor! thats the thing! i already analysed for her.

asked her to feed her hourly instead of 3 hourly but feed lesser.

if she wanna sleep just let her be...sleep also can grow mah...

TGIF mummies.....so quiet for the past few days....lets not make this thread die off...

hows all the bday party preparation and celebrations going? [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i am around...but no posting leh.

i only ordered a bengawan 1/2kg cake thru my colleague cos she got 15% discount (cheapskate) and some goody bag lor.

actually feel quite poor thing for kiefer, actual day yet papa and mama no bring him out.

i was thinking after celebrate at cc bring him go play...

but i alone and i dunno bring him go where leh.

Audrey - me order cake plus goody bags for the school . Than on actually day we going for staycation n maybe bring her to either singkids /zoo. Co's her bday n our anniversary same day. Cake wise for actual day, maybe a small one n the 3 of us blow in the hotel.

Ha ha... 2k is our idol... Told your sis too! She also agrees! Ha ha!

Ya, milk tea n 2ks.. Agree w you all... I super like Chloevage now, so independent, responsive n all.. Was telling my Hb, that when Chloe outgrows this stage..new have another Colette... Then after that.... We will see ba

2k - i know.... u always there for me. Mummy I cant live w/o.... hahaha. .u got big bump how to bring him out? Owe him now n repay when daddy return lor

Allets - that's nice! Stay caution n u think it's sweet to have mini celebration w just 3 of u [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

In sch my gal cut cake Le, actual day my parents don't allow again. Cos say kids cut too many times will naughty. .. so she only get to cut n blow once... haha.. cos she naughty two now. So I also choose to listen to parents. Don't take risk. Lol

Tres - ya lor. So sad.... saw ur post last time to e office. I Thouuresign at home taitai. Haha

Hello mummies

I was a Mar 11 mummy too and have mostly been a silent reader. Really learnt alot from this thread, tips of which had helped ease my motherhood journey.

Like to check with those mummies if you had let yr child take the flu vaccine prior to sending her/him to CC?

I started sending my girl to CC since Jan this year and she had been falling sick almost every week. Our ped suggested giving her the flu shot, other than some vits to strengthen her immunity.

Thanks!

tres: haha...thanks thanks...not easy to manage everything. sometimes i am really tired too.

the poor boys have to self entertain themselves when i am too tired. no time no energy to play with them or play books.

won_mummy: feel so bad lor..when korkor bd i got take leave and accompany him leh. then his bd i send him to school. maybe bring him nearby for water play or what.

maggie: if you have read this thread. u should be able to read previously we shared on cc virus already.

falling sick is very common for kids that just enter cc. they will take couple of weeks or at least 6 months to get immune to the virus.

Maggie,

Congrats on your 2nd one! My doc said the flu shot may probably help to reduce 1 or 2 strains of flu virus. Not a lot but if you find that 1 or 2 is good enough for you, can give it a try. My boy has been sick every 2 weeks or so since Jan but like 2ks mentioned, they may need at least 6 months to get immune. We didn't give him the flu shot though cos we want him to outgrow this himself.

Tres,

What school is Chloe attending? Haven't heard of such a no cake caking rule before. But actually I kinda of like it cos just need to prepare goody bags :p I also like my boy at this stage, can reason & understand, can play by himself and says lots of cute stuff.

2ks

Rest rest rest! Can makeup another time. At least they have each other to play with.

Do you all let your kids use iPad/iPhone frequently? We resisted buying the iPad for the longest time (and still trying) and iPhone is used as the absolute last resort. We attended a 4hr wedding lunch on sat, I brought colour pens/papers, stickers, small toys, books to keep him entertained..is anyone as funny as me? [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mimimo,

me ... if i know for longer period or even road trip in car, i'll bring something to keep them entertained.

I'm trying very hard to keep them away from iPad .. last time almost every nite 1-2 hrs .. Now .. maybe few days a week and only 30 mins ... the this means i need other stuff to entertain them, like me playing some game or catching/running with them

2Ks,

r u sure u wan to bring ur 2K to water play .. how u wan to catch him .. he will go out of control de ... too dangerous for you i think .. the dry play ground still not too bad ..

Maggie,

Welcome to the family .. & congrats for your #2.

it is normal for them to get sick when they start cc. Do give her more fluid n less heaty snack like biscuit ... i stop the aircon and i find this help to heal their nasty flu/phlegm faster.

mimimo: yes i do use ipad at times. otherwise i cannot survive leh. but hor...my kiefer is not attracted to TV or IPAD la! if he interested still ok, some peace for me.

but i try not to let him play too much la.

sinmey: haha....thats the nearest that i can think of lor. just let him run about playing only. afternoon at ssc should be ok la hor...not so crowded.

and nice meeting u that day...shay is soooo handsome. he look like yr hub alot..

your hub also friendly la...

Thanks mimimo and sinmey.

Life has been sooo busy with two young kids, esp for my #1 (girl) who is almost two and is so active.

I do understand that kids do fall sick more frequent once they go into CC, but my hubby and PILs nagged so much each time she falls sick. We have stopped her for one month and hopefully when she rejoins in April with boosted immunity and the jab, things get better...

I do use the ipad/smart phone with my girl, esp during meal times during weekends when she is with us. Only restrict to 30 mins or so. During weekdays, she's with my in-laws, so no ipad :D but I think it's unavoidable. We also surf the smart phone in front of them which helped piqued their interest in this gadget...

2Ks,

thanks ho .. Kiefer remind me of Shay lo ... notti boy ..

See how we have to 'locked' him ... till he behave i release him ..

But notti is cute ma .. (self console)

Yea, nice meeting u too .. we talk so long liao about meet up till XFZ give birth and soon u & ST's turn liao ..

sinmey: but kiefer not as handsome as shay...shay got beautiful eyes lor.

u locked him also no use hor...also cry. mine also la..climbed the bb chair..

so far i dont think any brands of bb chair can strap him on lor.

haha...ya la...meet until dunno where...

Maggie - kids will get immume naturally.. 1-2 months away from school, when they rejoin back, it might be the same. just pass through the phase of them keep falling sick. after a while, they will be alright. let them fight their own viruses and they will be stronger each time.

Janelle started school in Dec, also fell sick so often. now, i think much better liao.

Oh, teacher called today.. she got bitten by someone in school on her face. hopefully no mark can liao. the teacher called, and i was thinking, what they expect my reaction to be ?

Minimos..Chloe attendsbTotsville Montessori ... I guess the teachers are lazy n due to time constraint.. Dun wanna feed the kids. So I'm getting cupcakes for them to bring back plus goodies bag lor!

H hi, Maggi, same thinking as te other mummies here! No matter how much u boost the kids immunity, when she goes back to school, she will catch those virus.. So the hard way is to expose them to it! No choice kinda situration!

iPad usage, inevitable! Chloe even knows the difference bet iPad n iPhone! But yes, I try to limit her exposure but sometimes I need her to be still when attending to Mei Mei... I give her her favorite toy lor!

Hi mummies!!

Tres- my gal adiff an differentiate iPad and iphone... She will tell us which one she want... Usually these gadgets are for her to watch hi-5 and mickey mouse at YouTube or she likes to browse the photos and videos in the gallery... She's so used to swiping the screen that she tried swiping my laptop screen omg... It's really hard to avoid not to give them these, I succumb to it for the least 30 mins peace I can get...

Sinmey/2ks/ST- ya lor our meetup say until dunno where liao haha... I'm returning to workforce on 15 April... Seems so fast.... We can meet in April before I go bk to wk while bb start IFC hehe...

Do you all encounter bb being fussy and not sleeping if you bring them out? About 3 occasions that I brought #2 out, each time for abt 3-6 hours after she come home she refuse to nap for the rest of the day and will only sleep ard 1am... Or is it because so happen that now is the 6-9 weeks fussy period? She currently 8 weeks old...

Hi all,

Sorry to disturb. I'm also a Mar 2011 mummy but have been a slient reader.

I've bought an extra Birthday Boy 2 Tee (18-24 mths) from childrens place and would like to let go at $5. My boy who weighs 13+ kg is able to fit into 18-24 mths size

Pls PM me if any mummies here is keen

[IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/8170259.jpg]

Mimimo

Kasper has been using ipad since day 1...

Cos his korkor also used..

Now he doing all the educational apps..

2Ks

Kaelynn!!!

i like.. cos my surname in it..

Any mummies here experience your kid passing motion more than 3 times ( in CCC) but at home he is fine?

My son teacher highlighted to me that he passed motion 4 times.. We thought is LS so monitor but he did not pass motion when he reached home..

I wonder why..

Hi mummies!

My son keeps scratching his head. Seem like his scalp is itchy; no lice detected [yup, due diliegence done [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]]. Got remedies to share share? Thanks!

My son also likes to scratch his head especially when he perspire a lot. Therefore we keep his hair very short like those army boys...

Hi Airmez,

My boy has the same problem. I checked with PD. No problem found...PD said it is his bad habit...whenever he scratches his head....must divert his attention...

ling

my gal can poo up to 4/5 times a day at times. juz v v good digestive system? as long they behave as usual, it fine.

Poky, what form is her stool? Loose? Solid? Semi solid? My boy's stool is semi solid to loose range.. Showed PD a photo of it and he said is fine.. But still don't feel comfortable with it cos the teachers in CCC keep saying no good..

So just wanna check any mummies have the same experience.

ling,

when it that many times, usually it loose or semi loose.... will b one whole chunk of it, no longer can differentiate by 'pieces' liao... occassionally it b watery, then we will monitor, if it dosent go beyond two days with her stil bein active, we will juz let it b.

if u r concerned, y not seek a 2nd pd/gp opinion? sometimes teachers tot they seen so many kids, they think they seen it all... but they r not speialised in it. so can only take as ref n seek doc opinion?

Thanks Ling and ST!

Yup, has already cut his hair short but he still scratches (though less frequent). So it may also be bad habit ah, will divert his attention whenever he does that! Thanks!

Airmez, my boy still scratches his head but its only at night during bedtime so its a habit.. Usually wil scratch for him (softly) cos if not he scratches very hard on the scalp.

2ks, hvnot reply u yet, know gender le. it a boy. but my preference was a gal. gynea was surprise at my first reaction instead. lol

Ermm... allets, got news to share boh? Faster go pee on the stick leh! heehee.... [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back