(2011/03) Mar 2011

Hello! It's been a crazy week, both kids down with flu and # 1 JUST recovered from pneumonia and got flu from me & #2. Sian.

Shoes - I love pedipeds till they turn 2 and I also got a seekairun on discount at Isetan recently.

I'm off to BBK in a week, where's a good place to shop for baby stuff? It's just be and the hubba for TWO whole nights [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Can someone tell me step by step how to make mee sua because I have never made or eaten it before and my #2 is being super duper fussy with food cos she's stick and #1 likes noodles.

THanks for Sharing ST,

haha, not aunty lah! or rather after having kids, we qualify to be 'auntie' liao!

I also sign up for Drypers pants samples.. so, ^5!!

M, go to Platinum mall, tons of baby clothes for yourself n kids!! Enjoy the peace & quietness w your hb!

For Mee sua, make chicken / vege soup as usual. PAr boil Mee sua in a separated pan before meal time, then mix the mee sua and soup together! Voila, you get your mee sua soup! ;-) Very easy right?

limlim...you going to Korea..?? wow ...enjoy ur trip..!!

M,

u can refer to Tres's method to cook mee sua...must par boil the mee sua...as it is salty...

Tres - thanks. I can Mee Sua from NTUC?

I have no interest in getting clothes from myself at BKK, even bras I cannot find size [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

M: BKK have bigger sizes bras! straight away approached the staff and ask where those C-D-E...LOL

but limited la...and the designs not as pretty lor

Yeah.. last work day of the week... going to zoon tomorrow...

see kai run / pediped - i so tempted to get it for Janelle. any idea if the isetan sale still on or where got these shoes on sale ? i thinking of getting a pair for her to wear by tomorrow.. anyone know can let me know and i go get after work today .. end work by 4pm... can sms me 93803510.. TIA!

ST - I haven confirm with lumiere lei...

Still taking my own sweet time...

hey sinmey.. maybe i will see you in the zoo! haha..

Not sure about the isetan sale.. but i will go kiddy palace take alook after work how much it cost.. now she wearing the bubblegummer one.. i still very worried it might affect her feets development if it isnt the correct type of shoes..

Fel, here you go,

https://www.drypers.com.sg/ Selected Drypers pantz for the brand requested!! HEe hee,

My mum wants me to buy those pants type... coz it's easier, always tell me abt me, so I'm going to try to see if Huggies / Drypers / Mamy poko is better lor!

Allets, if no sale for See Kai Run shoes, it is abt $69 ++ per pair. Kiddy palace TP have, no sure abt the others KP. I think as long as J shoes have a soft base, it should be ok!!

does anyone scold or threaten seriously with their 13mths tot? Am i really mean 'seriously'.. Scold n let bb cry til vomit n stil scold the bb for vomitin? Am i being over protective of my gals, or i really shld juz let hubby continue to yell at ying n punishing her for not goin to slp properly?

Poky: I can't scold kiefer cos he will go into seizure.. So I let him be. But my hubby used to scold kyler until he cried and vomit. I was not on talking terms for him a few days.. Cos I become the one cleaning leh.

For a 13 month old, to me u scold them they also don't remember, they hv short term memory.. Waste my energy scolding him only lor..

2ks, tat wat i feel too.. 13mths only, cant expect her to know wat is required mah... Can keep teachin her, hopin she learn, but not to expect her to do to our bidding... She stil duno how to express herself v well.. How can hubby b sure tat she is juz naughty? Scold til vomit, continue to handle her roughly, continue to scold n punish her? Wat if she scare or not feelin well or other needs? Thus not wantin to slp by herself? But then, i also worried if i over siding the younger one.. If shld really let hub continue to 'train' her... sigh...

Then wat to do when kiefer grow older, to the age we really need to start the scoldin? Wil he outgrown thd stage?

Poky: now I will like raise my voice a little, and so far he will stop whatever he is doing.. But once I c him cry I got to carry him immediately..

I will let him do what he wants as long not too guo fen.. To me 13 months really no point "teaching" so much, they wouldn't really understand to me la.

The husbands usually no patience one la!! Then we mummies as Angels will come in..

Let them shout and scold lor, when bb not close to them then don't ask why:. Right?

Hi Poky,

I'm an occasional reader. Am more active in oct 2008 thread cos that was when my elder daughter was born. Thought I'll share about what I gather with parenting a 13 month old. I don't believe in screaming and yelling. I don't think they will get it. I actually think it confuses them all. I believe in repetitive teachings and controlled crying. My daughter used to scream and throw a tantrum each time when put to zz or nap. I took 2 weeks and each time when she throws a tantrum, I give a firm no, lie her back and walk out of the room. Subsequently the crying goes from 20 mins to 5s after I leave the room. She knows that there is no point crying. Same goes for when she does naughty things or fight with sister, I give a firm no, light smack on her hand, and remove her from the situation. Got to do a lot of times and the next time she wants to do it again, she checks to see my facial expression. She also used to like to throw her head back on the floor when she is angry. I remove her from carpet put her on tiles. She did it again and bumped her head. Cried and the next time she wanted to fo it again, she checked if it is tiles or carpet before deciding if she wants to throw herself forward or backward. Sigh.. 难教 but I think that's the only way I think it works and gets the message across..

2ks, dreamysprings

thx! then at least i feel more sure that i not being over protective...

tat nite i c how hub keep scolding her n punishing her.. i had to stop doin my husework n sayang her to stop cryin hysterically.. hub glare n told me if i want to hug her, then i hv to put her to slp everynite liao (previously, i always latch her to slp, but recently stoppin bf, so not everynight latch liao, so it hubby take over to cmpy them to slp while i do husework)... sigh....

now for the past few nights, once hub turn off the light for the older gal to slp. younger one saw it the daddy,,, immediately cry liao.. think she stil scare over the past experience with him.. so hub bring her to watch me do husework or let her play in the livin room til i set aside work to cmpy her to slp....

2ks,

already the baby dun always go for the daddy.. prefer ah ma even more than him lor... he also stil the same... he claims the older gal can start slpin quietly when at this age, y not the younger one? must b naughty la!! kids got different characteristics leh.. how to compare both growth together n set a markin to reach??

dreamysprings

it b hard to try the goin out of the room. cos we juz started to let the younger one slp with the older gal.. with the on-goin wailin n commotion. the older gal wil not b able to go to slp leh... end up slpin late n not able to wake up in the mornin....

ur gal v cute,, will ck if it tiles or carpet first.... my gal is dun care... juz throw tantrum no matter where.. if pain,, juz cry even harder n louder liao....

poky - certain amount of discipline works for my ger although i abit doubtful what exactly she will absorb in lah.

for instance, when we use a stern voice and said "Yixuan, Nooo", she will stop what she is doing and come cuddling around my lap or body. like a little bunny looking for mummy, than if you push her away, she will be scared and cry out.. so after a few times, whenever we said "no, you cant do this / that", she tends to listen for a short while. or we said "mummy is angry", she will give me the pitiful face and will not do her naughty act..

for child their age, they forgive and forget very fast.. so constant reinforcement helps.. if i dislike her to do a certain action like for eg, blow bubbles, i will "tan" her mouth whenever i see her does that. so she knows if she do it again, she will feel the pain .

allets

i do stil believe in disciplinin them. like we dun like her to raise her leg to the table while eatin.. wil first scold her n put her leg down for a few time. then proceed to loud scoldin n light beatin on the leg for couple times b4 really smackin her leg til she auto put down first... cos for such cases.. this is really plainly naughty.... -_-" sigh.... hvin the 2nd gal gives more prb... the older one wasnt as hard to teach or to care for as her.... make me feel like a newbie mommy instead!!! *sweat*.....

morning mummies, I just had this episode with Chloe & Hb yesterday too! HB also raised his voice and scolded her and she cried so hard that ah ma ran to carry her but my hb refuses to let ah ma carry, saying he wants to discipline her and we just left our gathering.

I believe in scolding and express our anger to bb but i think they won't understand! So repetition ba! We want to make it a point that if she cries for no reason, then we will leave whatever we are doing. NO sure if this is the right way, but at least we proved a point to her???

tres - i will leave her to cry if she refused to stop.. but there are a few times where she cried too much, in the end, vomit and i have to clean up the mess!

actually i was thinking of introducing the naughty / crying corner is it too young?

Any books to recommend to read up on discipline?

mummies, just to share in case you keen to get cheap supplements or baby snacks from overseas on your own - iherb having free international shipping now

www.iherb.com

use discount code: XEB299

for $10 off first purchase of $40 or more, or $5 off any first purchase less than $40

**Free Airmail for international orders over $40.00! Ends April 30th, 2012 **

Receive parcel within 8-10 days, just make sure your total weight is less than 1.8kg

tres: i personally think its too harsh on the baby still la..naughty corner/cry corner.

they have short term memory, they will not be able to remember.

i think at least 18-20 months then practice that..

as for books, eh...sorry i dont read books on all these..

tres,

we start naughty corner for older gal only after she two.. when she able to express alittle n understand more.... else, u put them now.. they wil only turn n keep tryin to hug to ur leg... they duno u r punishing them de....

poky,

i too hv 2 gals, and keep them in separate rooms to sleep (parly cos their bedtimes are different). Same as u, my elder one was so much more independent when she was younger... duno is cos this younger one was 'spoilt' by everyone (esp daddy) when she was a baby..

i tink to a certain extent, they understand us already when we're unhappy with them. but naughty corner prob not yet till they can xpress themselves..

i personally find it v hard to discipline my #2 cos her grandparents set different 'standards'.. plus she seems slower in terms of her verbal and comprehension skills compared to jiejie.. but like dreamysprings, i also believe in repetition and consistency... and try to get the picture across without too much crying (but ah, if she cries too much, hubby will usually b the first one to carry her... dats y i say she's spoilt... sighs..)

think the worst is yet to come... 18-20mths if i rembr correctly... arrrgh... dun wanna even tink abt it...

2ks

i only know the nurse who works in the comestic clinic in orchard... but nv ask abt the doc skills.... =p

matched gal,

ya lor... with a easier previous baby experience, it make the current one seems so difficult!! at the present, we lettin the younger one slp with us. bside the often cryin, she havin fever on n off... so mayb another few more days to monitor her.. then decide if she goes back to her room.... but the older gal sure miss her sister.... she cried when she realise she sleepin alone again... says she want meimei to slp with her......

as for room... the other room is study room liao.. cant convert to another bedroom... so it either the gals slp together or younger one slp with us... timin stil ok... cos the younger goes to bed 30min earlier to drink milk n tone down for the night... so by the time the older come in to slp... younger one usually in near slpin mode... but recently she not "kuai" liao.....

ya,,, i dreadin the terrible two also... push the tot away first... sigh.......

Poky

My second one also way harder than the first. Used to think that the first one makes me vomit blood, after this obstinate second makes me appreciate the first more. I think younger ones tend to mature quicker when they hang around with the older siblings. My younger one starts rolling on the floor in tantrum at 10 months and hitting the sister at the same time.

Matched gal/ Poky

My younger one also sleeps with me whereas the older sleeps on her own. Tried putting them together for naps and they either play and jump on their own bed/cot or the younger one will scream and yell waking the other up. I've given up and putting her back to my room. I know splitting them up in separate rooms is the best way to go but my other 2 rooms though empty are too far down the hallway.. Headache!!

dreamysprings...

ya.. now we know how "good" was the older one... lol

wow... at 10mths.. alrdy know to roll on flr n throw tantrums... tat v early leh...

Back