(2011/03) Mar 2011

Airmez,

So far, I nvr leave my bb with maid alone. Still not "fan xin" leh. Usually sure got another adult guarding.

hahaha!!! Same same, weekend when back to mimosa, leave bb with my in-law and I go retail therapy with my mum and maid leave at home.

hey mummies, i saw a few mummies have already bought teether for their bb.. i tot our bb will only start teething when they are 6 mths old? maybe some will teeth earlier la, but getting a teether now helps in wat way??

Milktea, haha funny lar u, self praise shiokness!

Airmez, wow cool huh? U v 看开 like pandahut. Must learn from both of u.

Pandahut, i dun have tt cloud b sheep leh.. Works ah? Some mommies say dun work for them i think... Ex or not?

Yesterday i was feeling emo n thought wat for spend so much time pumping milk n sacrificing precious bonding time... Cos whenever i pump, someone else (mom, dad or hb) will have to feed, bathe or entertain him... I felt like i worked so hard to produce milk in the end my baby prefers someone else... Sobz la... Might as well feed formula n have more free time.... Sorry for the ranting... haiz...

SN,

My boy still cry before sleep lah but with the sheep the crying is shorten but at least got improvement lah. Forgot how much think $20+ I got the travel size smaller buy thru rach.

SN: maybe it's age. Dun forget I'm 龙姥姥 leh. Alamak say I maciam sibei old. Of course, not tat I say pandahut is old too lah. Wuahaha!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SN, babies can recognise the smell of mummy's breast milk apparently. I heard there was a study where they gave babies nursing pads from different mothers and the babies will turn their head towards their own mother's nursing pad. So your baby should recognise your smell. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Don't feel emo lah. Your breast milk has the best nutrients for your baby.

SN: Yah, dun be too hard on yourself. You are pumping milk to feed ur bb, and that's a great start/foundation that you're giving ur bb.

As for bonding time, there's gonna be lotsa lotsa chance in the near future loh. Like my mummy who always go on and on abt how she sayang me and neber leave me beyond an inch, I knotted my eyebrows and cracked my head and still, can't remember anything before my age 4. Heehee... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Airmez, 龙姥姥 sounds so funny!!! Hahaha not old lar.. My hb also 龙, im a woof woof.. True hor... Anything before age 4 really cannot rem...

Pooh bear, thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i hope he associates the smell of bm/mommy with sleep and comfort....

Airmez,

means u & me same age!!!! hahaha!!! No wonder we both 看开 on who handling baby.

SN,

Think positive ok. My friend told me no matter how we scold baby, they still know we are their mummies one, v strange, coz the bond is already built when they are in our tummy.

panda hut - good news! ur baby is going to sleep thru soon!...i was in e same situation as u previously. bb last feed always 7+, 8+pm. then 4+am sure awake....so, wat my friend thought me (which it works) was, during the 8+pm feed, just give 1/2 btl. ie maybe 100ml. when they tired, they will still sleep. then, 11+pm i give her dream feed, top slightly more. ie usual 150ml, i give 180ml....v slowly, i see improvement! she wakes at 5+, then 6+, then 7+am...u try see if it works for ur bb too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

won_mummy, ur gal dream feed can finish 180ml? wow... my gal dream feed at most finish 100ml then she don wan liao.

Hi SN,

You said your mum will carry bb upright and then later do cradle carry.. and then bb ok? My bb also the same. She will not cry when she is upright.. so that she can be kpo and look at things. But after a while, i think this tires her out (provided no one go play with her at the shoulder). Then she will accept cradle carry and then slowly drift to sleep.

I think for mummies with bb who dun wanna sleep (just wanna play) but appear to be 'slower' in reaction (not as excited, not as responsive to play, gives only weak smiles), trust your instinct. They need to sleep soon so that they will not be overtired and cry big time. Can start by playing mildly with them - the main idea is to slow down their pace and mood. once slowed down, their tiredness gestures will be more obvious and then they can be put to sleep more easily. At least this works for my girl lah.. :p

Some ways I have tried with success to slow my bb down:

1. put my palm on bb chest and move it down towards tummy. at the same time, try to talk to her (after getting her focus on me) with speed getting slower and slower.

2. show her something to catch her attention. I have used fingers and books (less colourful ones) so far. once she focus on the object, she will start to feel tired. then either she falls asleep on her own or she sleep with my light patting.

Hee.. not sure if it will work for other babies. But my main focus is always ensure that she gets enough sleep. The longer she nv sleep, the more cranky she gets. And the louder cries my neighbours will hear.. And the bigger my headache will be. LOL..

TRANSFORMER!

More than meets the eye....

Woohoo!!! Here I come soon!! Counting down...

ok, ok, still gotta queue for KOI 1st, then smuggle in. Later at night, maybe go for crab beehoon soup.

Friday night all planned out!

YIPEE!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

panda hut - my 5+, then 6+, then 7+am meant as days goes by, she wakes up later n later. scare confuse u, thou she wakes every hr...hehehe

zenia - yes, finish all n seem not enough. she somehow wont reject drinking lor. i heard of some mummies whom their bb will keep lips tighted when sleeping....mine dont leh. she help me save $. she sure finish all e milk we mixed for her till e last drop. thruout these 4mths, i think only twice she din finish lor....thats y u see her pix, i have a michilin baby. lol

previously i keep posting n asking how much milk to give, how to calculate. cos if i dont control her, i think she also wont stop lor...scary.....i have a hungry milk monster.

All the dragons know how to see open lol!

Airmez, KOI!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhh dun tempt me!!!!!

Esnow, yr bb used to sleeping on her own without carrying? B4 u tried the method u described?

Airmez,

I also planned to watch Transformer tonight, told my HB after bb sleep we go watch midnight, but he said he wan to watch "Xi You Ji", kao! Watch that monkey & the monk rather than watch transformer.

Won_mummy,

Really! I see light at the end of the tunnel leow. hahaha!!! OK, will tell my mum and will start maybe after next week as he going for his 2nd 5-in-1 jab on Monday. If he ok will tell my MIL then she can implement on weekend also but if she dun listen, then too bad, let her wake up midnight to feed him. hahaha!!!

Pandahut, my hb also likes to watch xi you ji!!!!!!! Wah lao such a boring show!!!! He will watch on xin msn on weekends!

panda hut - yes! oh ya, n now, since she can sleep longer, (maybe bcos of e feeding pattern, maybe cos she older le).....instead of 5.5 feeds per day, now i only need 5 feeds. her last feed now usually ard 9+ or 10+pm, no need dreamfeed anymore. she will sleep till 7+am for another feed, then sleep again till 10+am, awake n play herself till she is bored (will make some noise) or if anyone noticed her....realised there is actually a decrease in her milk intake. used to be 900+ml/day. now only 780ml/day...dont know y. maybe she self-conscious cos we keep saying her fat, or if its normal that they will drink lesser when older. since she din fuss or ask for more, i just stick w current amt......good luck!

won_mummy, good leh like tt... my gal always like to waste my precious ebm de lor... sian. anyway she has been stucked drinking 150ml for more than a month liao... sometimes cannot finish somemore... left 10 or 20ml depending on her mood. sometimes before bedtime somehow she need more milk... two days before she finish 140ml at 10pm and ask for milk again at 11.30pm and we give her 100ml she also finish. but i think everytime after she go for a jab her drinking pattern change :D my gal nv drink alot but still like michellin bb leh haha.

SN,

Ya lor I watched till dozed off.

Won_mummy,

My boy now drink 160-180ml and stretch to 4 hr interval, last time used to be 3hr. But his intake still the same about 800+ to 900+ ml.

Xi You Ji!?!?!?!?

Man with lotsa body hair (with e exception of yummy wolverine) and man with sissy doufu face?!?!

I mean, WTH!?!

Men o_O"

hi mummies,

long time never log in...

my boy recently reduced milk intake. Used to take 150ml, nowadays reduced to 100-120ml, interval of 3hrs...

dunno howcome he reduced milk intake.

btw, when we should start to give them milk cereal? isit okie to start in their 5th month

btw, i just bought Sophie giraffe from mum n babes, now got 20% discount. end up after discount is ard $32. their discount is till end of Jul. so anyone wanna get sophie for their bb, can get now since got discount.

SN,

When she was younger (around 1-2.5 months),we need to carry, pat and sing song (possibly use all 3 at times) to her when she is tired.

But gradually, she cry even when we carry. Think weather was too hot for her.. so i put her down on my bed. And then trial and error those methods I mentioned above. They worked. Realised that bb needs us to help calm them down when they are too active to fall asleep. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Won_mummy,

I also have a michilin bb. heehee.. :p

Previously she also take a lot of milk and became 'very michilin'. These couple of weeks, she slowed down already. Still michilin but lesser extent and chubbyness become more solid. She now takes only 5-6 feeds compared to the 7 feeds she had last time. I guess it should be alright ba.. since she still urine and poo as per normal.. :D

Experienced mummies, wat is the max amt of milk a baby will drink? Since they will progress to eat solids, milk intake will decrease right? Wat's the peak amt?

Mummies, do we need to change pacifier as bb reach diff stage ?

Cos I saw there is pacifier for 0-3, 3-6 then 6mth onwards ?

Currently my bb is sucking 0-3mths one but he is gg to be 4th mths soon so need to buy ?

Threadless.com

Mummies who want to join me to order things from threadless.com please PM me your orders by 4th July Monday 3pm including payment.

Thank you!

SN: there is no more or less amount to feed for me.. i give if the baby wanna drink, then i adjust accordingly to his needs..if i know he dont drink this much today, i reduce tomorrow, and if i see he finish today, i increase tomorrow..

royalchoc: yes, should replace, cos u might notivce 0-3 months pacifier, its shorter...and baby grows and mouth change too...so its advisable to change...

when change to the 3rd stage hor, i secretly hope he reject it cos of the shape...then can quit totally too...

SN, yes I agree. Baby Ned to have enuf sleep den won't b so cranky. I oso try to make my girl nap at each interval. So tat come nite time, she won't b overtired n get cranky.

2ks, I'm more concerned abt whether my current daily ss is gg to b sufficient for him when he grows older.... so wanted to know what's the peak milk intake b4 it decreases when bb starts taking solids...currently my ss is ard 900...is this enough when he is 5-6 mths etc?

Aiya..pacifier got age-limit one huh...should have bought those above 4 mths pacifiers yesterday @ Kiddy Palace! Now no more 20% liao lah..=/

Pixie, I Mayb getting. Ned go online c.

Btw, any mum experience b4. My girl's vagina lip has a pimple like thing. Wat shd I do??

SN,

Haha! Seow leow lor if he likes holiday resort then u hv to stay longer. Mine opposite just now scream n cry but I dun care off duty already so slowly take my shower. Hee hee!

Pandahut, haha!!! My bb cries whenever ge gets home from holiday resort... I hope tts not another sign tt he likes the resort..

2ks: so for pacifier, need to change to 3m one cos shape/length different hur.. Then how about teat, is it just faster flow? Cos my girl loves her pacifier and she finishes her bottle in 10-15 mins, both are still 0-3m stage - should I change all?

SN: read your post on feeling emo about pumping... What I do while pumping is to put bb in rocker and place her in front of me. While pumping I'll talk or play or sing song to her and she will always give me big smiles! U try? Then u won't feel that pumping is taking up the time u could have to spend w your bb. Con is she always see mommy top naked haha oops! Don't feel emo already k, you have come a long way, 900 now is v good considering the days we share our low yield woes hehe, good job!!

Audrey : i think you must depend on bb for the teats change leh.. For my case, how i change it was when Cherelle start to drink till very xinku... Like suckle very hard and fast... Than i change the teats... I using Avent bottle and when Cherelle was 2month , she already use teat 3(3holes type) already!!! It could be the fast flow when i latch her, so she get use to it rather than suckle till so xinku bah... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] You go observe how bb drink first... If she suckle very hard and fast(provided she is not those VeryVeryVery hungry time) than i think u can change teats liao...

Audrey, thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i have reduced 6 to 5 times now n ss seems to drop by 50ml.. But for the extra time gained, it's a good trade off. I dare not have bb in e same rm while pumping cos scared he will cry then i need to stop my pump halfway then drip everywhere! Heh

SN, I also changed my pump timing fr 4hr to 5hr to 6hr... Ss din drop leh... Maybe u nv pump until dry dry izit? U hav to pump longer since u drag the timing lo...

Chen

Yes....I wanna close by tmr...

I ask my sis to open spree thread but dunno she open liao mah....20% only for carters, oshk dun have

Audrey: if the pacifier doesn't really affect her u can don't change but u might notice that it will be shorter for her soon..

For me I will change accordingly to recommended cos I dont want him to "spend more effort" in suckling it..

Hope u get what I mean..

As for teats, it's experiment too.. If it doesn't bother u that 10-15 mins is very long then its ok too.. Take her cue, u see whether does she seems to suck harder and getting impatient? If yes, it's time to upgrade...

But when upgrade to bigger holes, she might not cope with the first few feeds yet cos her suckling movement still follows the smaller teat.. So u control on your end..

I know some babies a few months old only already using largest teat,.

So experiment, try it out first..

SN, I felt the same way too. Felt pumping is a waste of time, esp my ss is so little. Take so much time yet so little. After I've reduced to 4x, more coz I'm back to work, I felt got more time n happier. Of coz, bb gotta drink more fm lor. No choice. But each pump I take longer time, hoping to squeeze alittle more. Haa.

zenia, ohhh must pump longer duration huh? im pump my usual 30min and nowadays, getting lazier so i pumped only 20min and try to massage and squeeze at the same time to speed up haha.

Joc, ya loh, you started work already mah...so definitely no time... 4 times a day is considered v good liao with having to work...

Mummies,

anyone started their babies on cereal yet? today i went to c pd, she said bb head stable and not thrusting out tongue too much, so can start liaoz... but i cant remember dat time my #1 i started with which meal... is it the "lunchtime" middle of the day meal? hmmm, m quite hesitant to start prior to 6 mths actually...

Back