(2011/03) Mar 2011

matched gal, no need to worry. Recent report says that starting solids at 6 mths does not reduce the allergy rate so now PDs are going back to the old rule that babies can start solids from 4-6mths or whenever they are ready.

My hubby very keen on starting Eden on solids...

I'm half hearted... lol...

That time someone say can get cheaper Avent Steamer and Blender.. How much cheaper huh? Who also? anyone know?

Pauline,

My bb juz reached 4 mths leh, hehe... But i remember when #1 started, she lost weight... Xianz... #1 i remember i started fairly early, cos she totally lost interest in drinking milk!! Later on, i realized, she enjoyed eating more than drinking, lol...

Fel,

Shd start with plain rice cereal first? Later then steam n blend... Hehe... But maybe u lookout for the gd offer first... For me, i juz use the kitchen steamer n mash with fork, hehe...

M still trying to remember which feed i replaced the first cereal meal with... Is it the "lunchtime" one? Any mummies with #2 can remember?

Matched gal...

I only remember not the first feed or the last feed. After wake up better, less cranky....thats all i remember...n wat did i gave my #1? forgot..i think rice cereal ley

Last 2 weeks we ate desserts n gave some dab of mango pomelo to her lips she so excited n kept staring at the bowl after that! I think ready liao

Pixie,

oh i c, thanks thanks! eh, i also tink ur bb ready liao leh, hahahaha... mine still blur blur make weird face when i gave her a lick of my apple, hehe...

Angelia,2ks: thanks! Okok I'll experiment first. So far she seems quite happy with her pacifier and teats, but it does make sense that I should prolly make it easier for her and change as recommended. Was initially reluctant to change to faster flow teat cos some part of me is still hoping to latch her, but my flow v slow lo. Shall not be selfish mommy anymore haha.

SN: I'm also pumping 5x now, sometimes 4x if I go out. Think I'll cut to 4x soon in preparation of going back to work. And agreed the free up time is a good trade off! Actually I still do handexpress to fully drain my breasts after pumping 30mins, my ss some days a bit more some days a bit less, but on average should be about the same never really drop. Think your 50ml drop could be never drain totally per pump as what Zenia suggested ba...

Audrey, haha some part of u still hoping to latch her huh? Yea me too but this part of me is slowly decreasing n decreasing le... I havent latch for a month liao. U?

Matched gal, the other day u said ur gal not ready for 3m teat? Im thinking whether it's time to change since every feeding is starting to be a struggle again... He's ibviously hungry but refuse to drink after 2 sucks...

totorodino,

eh, i changed quite early liao, when she started the head-turning game with me at close to 2 mth datime, and jaster suggested to change, hehe...

you try change and c... if he choke while drinking, then u take out a while and burp first then continue.. i persevered for about 3 days then she got used to it, hehe...

totorodino,

hey, u mean 2nd time change teat or first time huh? now that i read ur message again, duno which one u mean... i changed from S size to Y size pigeon teat... 2 wks ago i tried the L size on her, but she like v xinku, at last i changed back again, hahaha...

Matched gal, haha i meant second change of teat. I also changed once ard 2.5 mths old.... I think gotta change again soon to size 3m+. now he's starting his head turning, leg kicking game w me again haha

Totorodino,

Wah, change again... I tink i shd consider changing too huh... Nowadays she like keep rubbing gums on the teat, duno is teething, or juz being playful leh... Hmmm...

Btw, seems like the swing only takes max 10kg... Now her weight vs the momentum like not much effect liaoz... I hv to resort to swaying her playpen to imitate the swing movement, hahahaha...

Hi mums, I've tis 125ml Avent milk bottle which I can't use to feed my girl anymore Coz too small. U Tink I can use to store my chilled bm?

matched gal, hhahahah funny leh you.... eh my swing still swinging at full speed despite it being on the lowest level leh.... now bb's weight around 7kg plus.... max weight for swing is 9kg...hahaha....

Joc, can lar.... i always store my ebm in the avent bottles so i can just heat up and feed.... only if the bottles all used up then i store in the avent via cups.

2Ks: hahaha.. So u were thinking of me too huh. Lol!

Ehh, sure mad rush for u.. I'm also busy fr the past weeks.. N this wk hb gg back work again lo.. Sian! Plus I m sick.. Dbl sian!!

Ya, Jay quite baba. Esp e Cheeks.. But I dowan say him man.. Later he milk strike I die.

Chen: I see.. Put Yao lan in room? swaddle him? Mmmm, be

more hard hearted, let him cry till slp? I know I v zek ark..

Hahaha.. Ya lo, Jay drinks tt much but tts only last feed.. Else

normal he drinks only 150-160ml.. Hehe..

Sinmey: jay also hates febm.. But like I say lo.. I v bad one. I

starve him n make him drink febm.. Took me 3 days n he

drank it.. Den tt time cos of e funeral, too rush.. He din drink

any febm fr one day. Tts it, the next day I start the whole

starving n crying n wailing n pushing cycle again.. But nw

he's ok alrdy.. Everyday he will drink febm.. Except fr the last

n first feed. But sometimes he will still leave like 20ml outta

160ml.

Pauline: the pacifier depends on yr kids la.. But for me, I

change pacifiers every 2-3 months. For Hygiene n size sake.

Haha..

SN, I think u shud change the teats if bb doesn't want to suck it might b cos it's too slow for him.. Try n see how .. =)

Tango 2nd round orders.. Anymore? No more I'll close deal

Liao. =))

wa, i remember saying my gal slept through the night last wk. then friday she started to choot new pattern again. wake up at 3am everyday for milk now @@ is this growth spurt? i try to give her more milk during her last feed hoping to prolong her fr waking up but failed cos she only drank the normal quantity she always drinks >.< hope this 'routine' doesnt last long...

abt changing teat, have been trying to change my gal's teat cos she's like >4.5mths alr... and i also see that she need to suck very hard for milk nowadays. but in the morning change teat she still accept and at night when she wake up for milk i try to give her the new teat she become pek chek cos keep on gasping for air, so no choice gotta change back to the old one. shall train her in the day first then change totally to the new teat :S

Happy to read the thread today!

Bcoz... I realised my baby got similar patterns!!

He is sleeping longer at night now, but I latch at night so I dun noe hw much he drinks.

I follow Angelina's pattern, latch and latch and latch and latch until he sick and tired of my breast, between 5pm to sleeping time.

But a new problem is surfacing, I pat pat him in my arms then out him into bed after he ko-ed.

The thing is, he only wants me now.

Yestnite Hubby tried to pat pat him, baby cry the house upside down.

For 30mins I think.

Cry cry tired rest awhile look right look left then scream again.

I realised cry too much le after about 30mins so I took him back into my arms.

He look so damned pitiful loh, make me wana cry with him.

Then he ko-ed in my arms less than 10mins.

Hubby thinks its the smell leh.

Cham liao.

2Ks, yes loh, I think my no.2 will be less emperor coz I am taking notes from Lil precious and your military training loh.

Tskk..

But no choice leh, no point I train my no.1 coz after I put him with my inlaw or my parent, they will still carry carry him de.

Ermm.. I also abit bu she de lah. Hahaa..

Lil precious, thks for waiting for me on Tango order =P

SN, same like Aud when I pump I still chit chat with baby leh, or I get the Papa to play with him.

Coz most of his other time, I am the one playing with him.

And like Airmez, I am happy with others wants to spend time with baby.

My inlaw, my parent, my siblings.

While they're at it, I go shopping online! Haha..

Or I join them play with baby loh.

I hope by doing so, baby is ok with anyone and not just me alone.

Else I be very tired. Heh..

And am happy baby bring so much laughter to them =)

milktea: military training! no la...

i just have to train him so that it will be easier for me to take care mah...

no choice for me...but sometimes i do hug him or carry him la...

but i definitely dont hug him to sleep...

he has to soothe himself to sleep

but this boy is really very chin cai now...despite not latching him for one week, i tried on sat, he still remember leh...can latch to sleep...hmmm...

weekends latching for me...

but now he is a drool king...drools alot alot leh

pixel!! kekeekee... thks for waiting for me too!!

Erm.. tell u all a secret, I only wear bra at home when ther's nobody else. So no milkstain on t-shirt.

But I will make one and try it out. Thks!

Hi mummies!!

2nd day bk at work... brand new month, brand new week... got promoted to senior after bk from ML so that's gd news!! But now chg new big boss and he seems very onz type siao liao...

Happy that my gal is having FM+FEBM, found the right mixture for her so my FEBM won't be gg to waste hehe...

Any1 getting/spreeing organic cereal?

lilprecious, last feed drink more better, sleep longer lei...

2Ks, does kyler drool also? I realised boys drool more than girls. My girl doesn't drool at all. Some boys I know still drooling till 2yrs plus.

airmez, milktea, i will aslo like it if my parents or siblings play/handle my baby. Then I can skive elsewhere. haha.

xiaofeizhu, so nice, away for 4mths and got promoted. More buys for you little girl liao.

ah milktea, u wear bra at home not secret, no wear bra is secret, no wear undies then super big secret, but if you pure naked then i'll stomp it heehee

Zenia,

our gal scare we are not busy enuf. Sometime, I poo halfway must go out pacify her then can go and continue to finish up the business. Sigh...

SN,

so u are the main caretaker lah. Initially, I thought your mum is the main caretaker. I think maybe your boy is just going thru a phase (** refuse to sleep phase :p). Old pple like that, like to shake very hard one. My MIL also the same. Read your newer post, seems like your boy like resort. :p

Mummies,

Need advice again. Anyone, got experience baby with green poo. (Green like leaf)

My gal poo is green for the whole of last week. Dun know why leh.

Chen - more responsibilities liao but I feel this promotion is sort of overdue from last year lol... ya can shop more for the little princess...

Now everyday after work chiong like mad to go bk IFC and pick bb... siong...

chen: kyler dont drool and he also dont eat his "drumstick" until zut zut sound lor..

this didi is drools until the clothes wet wet and suck his fist until so loudly..

trying to find a suitable teether....and i cant bear to part with my $28 for sophie

Milktea, talk about online shopping...since my maternity leave, i have been spending more money at home doing online shopping than when i was working! terrible lar......

freesiajen, errr i secretly hope baby wont prefer resort to his home! recently i try my mom's method of putting him to sleep...upright first...soothe him until calm down liao then change to cradle carry...he seems ok with this method...only whine a bit....never cry.... seems like he is ok with most people carrying him...at resort...even if he sees his grandma, grandaunt, uncle etc..only once a week, he doesnt cry when they carry him..

pixiepixel, you very funny again hahaha...where got pple dun wear underwear one....even at home also very strange! hahaha oh btw, you know the WOW books i asked you before...i posted on their thread to buy...and guess what...someone PM me her own BP and offered slightly lower prices than WOW! she said she is spreeing the books for her own children and is not earning anything! you all can go and take a look at her BP. http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5674416.html?1309415177

I feel a bit bad buying from her since i already posted on WOW my order...but then....since her books are cheaper...why not!

SN,

hahaaa.. that is cos ur bb hasn't started his pattern yet! yday went out with my in laws... ah ma, ah gong want to carry he okie only for a while.. after that bi chui liao! haaa...

Jaster, sure or not?! but your baby has been to resort regularly leh...how come still bu chui? your bb 4mths liao? mine will be 4 mths on 9 July

SN> I think she got earn but just lesser..

BP need to pay $25 listing fee... She never earn how to cover listing fee??

Xiaofeizhu> spree of cuz is me.... I'm starting happy baby spree soon....

Anyone wants?? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

milkshake,

pm in where? forum here ah? then it's sent to your email..

SN,

hahaa... now wkends nia.. then over the past few wkends they have been busy packing up stuff mah.. now i dun go holiday resort liao... cos house under reno! hehee..

milkshake,

no lah.. if i haven't received pms before i also wont know where de mah! hahaa.. i got asked this also initially when using the forum..

mommies, will you all give walker to your bb when they are oldEr?

jaster

what kind of walker? the old fashion kind, round round one and you plonk bb inside, or those playskool/fisher price walker where babies walk and push the cart kind?

pixiepixel,

wah piang.. then i really sua ku liao.. got walk and push the cart one ah... haaa.. in my mind is the old fashion one!

recommended to give any kinds of walker?

any mummies interested in Sophie giraffe?

I won a free $10 voucher from Sophie during their lucky draw when I bought them.

So not using the voucher to buy again.

I dunno who to give to, so just tot of giving them to this forum that i joined.

anyone interested, please PM me.

I will give you the code to eneter during your purchase.

Back