(2011/03) Mar 2011

ting ting, is like that.. those old folk always think bb drink not enough whenever bb cries.. Sigh.. My mil also like that. Even when he just drank half an hr ago n if cry, she will think he drinks not enough wanna feed somemore.. I really feel irritated by that word "not enough" too! I know is not because he is not full coz when I carry my boy he didn't show me the hungry mouth signal.. Sometimes he is just tired wanna sleep or uncomfortable due to wind in tummy or phlgem but the old folk will say drink not enough! haiz...

Jaster : I'm using M ... Actually wanna get L, but Rach tell me that, she scare L will be too loose for me... so i listen to her and get a M lo... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sinmey, 1kg for first mth.. Oops my boy stil hav alot to catch up to reach 1 kg..

Jaime, ya I latch most of e time despite super sore nipples.. Caz thkg if latch I not restricting his intake except my low milk supply lah but if ebm fix amt given mah

hopefully zenia can help mi ask her pd tomolo.. N I can b more 放心

Fabiola

not true. I exclusive pump n give bottle last time for ~15mths. I can also tell my brain that I need more bm. It's how u pump. Sure can bottle feed for as long as you want. U got the wrong info [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

rach

I dun mind getting a mpj poncho...so now we have chen, me, Annie keen

Jaime

ur boy on pediasure?

babyhappie

seems like ur bb latch on didn't take the full Amt that he should ie 100ml...

U shld latch until he breaks off or zzzz...but for my case even though my gal breaks off n zzzz...an hr later she cry again coz she didn't take in her supposed full Amt previously. That's the prob I have leh...so i resort to bottle feeding lo...last longer

Ting ting,

I also hate the word not enuff. It's not as I I want to be not enuff. Somemore it's not my hubby, mum or mil who said. It's my cl. Keep saying I not enuff milk for the baby. It's my 9th day n I'm producing abt 60ml for both sides. I Noe not enuff but I'm trying. Tts y I feel guilty when baby admitted for jaundice cos my cl said I dun giv her drink enuff. Today I nearly cried again cos she saw the amt I pump out n said so little again ar? Said other mummies on this day n produce much more. Sometimes really can't tk her comments n wish she would jus talk less.

Pixel: he got fall aslp. But when I try to break him off, he will start to suck again. If I let him latch till he breaks, I think it will be very long, more than 1 hr.

Btw, he's taking pacifier, is he treating my nipple as his pacifier? Shd I try to stop letting him take pacifier? But without it he can't slp le, will keep eh eh eh

Lx3 and Annie: me too! My cl, hubby and the all the pp that come to my house all tell me bb din drink enough. Bloody hell! They are the mothers of the bb or I am? I know if bb has enough or not loh. My MIL kept asking my hubby if wanna buy more fm to backup. It is so dismoralising!

Fabiola: I second pixie... Not true about what u posted..

I still managed to get the amount enough for my boy even though I stop latching at 2nd month

Ting Ting,

Chill chill. I gathered that the most common words from MIL, M and CL to BF mummies are "not enough!". My CL says the same too, with a exaggerated worried look.

All I can say is ignore them! As long as baby is growing well, you just one ear in one ear out.

I've been giving my elder boy a cup of ebm everyday n I think if i give him more he won't mind.. Hmmm. I'm thinking of power pumping to increase supply again.. Any mummies here tried?

The pd tt I saw ask me to latch baby on one side n pump another side out to increase supply. Does it work? Previously my baby was latching min 15 mins on each side. Now jus latch her 1 side abt 30 mins each time dun seem to satisfy er. When latching both sides she can slp abt 3 hrs. Now 1 side but longer only slp 1-2hrs max.

Very tiring for me to latch every 1-2 hrs. How? What to do? Any mummies latch 1 side n pump 1 side?

Babybride-if ur baby didn't make noise,think should be fine. When he latch of bottle feed,u try to stroke his cheek when he nearly doze off,this will wake him up. Anyway as long as he gained weight,i don't think he's underfed.Don't worry too much.

Pixel and 2ks : thanks for the opinion.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Enlighten my mind. Phewww... So worry after hear what my friend said. Worry if pumping will not meet my boy demand. Now my boy drink 90ml every 2 hour from 10am, sometimes can stretch to 3 hours if he is taking a very good nap.. At nite he can sleep for 4-5 hours after the last feeding. I did a simple calculation roughly he need 8-9 bottle @ 90ml perday.. Should i change it to 100ml per 3hour? Or he can change it by himself?

Ting ting, have ur SS enough to store in fridge? Wait till u stock up alot of milk in fridge they will stop making comment like not enough Liao.. For my case is like that! Coz if they dare to say not enough I can ask them go open fridge n see for themselves!

My mum now only ask me feed ebm than latch if I'm tired, she says since i've so much ebm in fridge!

Annie,

U used bottle n teat for feeding ebm rite? Will baby get nipple confusion? I had fever 2 days ago cos not enuff rest. Actually I hav some stored bm but I dun wan to bottle feed her cos of nipple confusion so insist on latching even thou tired. I bought the cup for cup feedin but cl duno how to do it.

L3x,

it's better not to let ur CL do cup feeding if she doesn't know how to... cos bb may get choked... rest well if you can... a few bottle feeding i think wont create nipple confusion bah.. but of course that depends on ur bb as well lah...

i've been pumping n pumping...only latch once in a while but bb knows how to suckle bah...

yup, me interested in the mjp mursing poncho.

Pixie, the lasinoh bag states 180ml as max, but we can pour in more than 180ml right?

Chen,

Or u wana share the MPJ poncho with me? I see from the MPJ website buy 2 @ $35 each. Usual price is $38. I also wana get the MPJ poncho.

Pixie my boy on pediasure

U got let ur boy try ur ebm since u have so much excess ?

If our boys can take .. Can save abit since pediasure getting more ex ...I haven try coz my boy very fussy abt milk

Jaster,

Ya, cl duno. When i was sick my mum ask cl

Not to wake me for baby feeding. She den tried to cup feed my baby. She feed one mouthful, baby vomit one mouthful. She had den warm up 50ml of my ebm Liao. I woke up to hear baby cry den ask her to let me latch baby. Found out she warm up my ebm got to throw away cos not using Liao so heartpain.

L3x: I all along been latching my bb and bottle feed him... No nipple confusion leh ... My #1 I also both latch and bottle..

But when I stop for 2 weeks and try again, it's true that he forget how to latch..so if everyday latch should be ok

2ks,

My baby admitted 1 day for jaundice n when she came bk I feel she lik duno how to latch Liao. Cos I had trouble getting her to latch. K, so everyday must latch. Mayb nite time can use ebm. But still need to pump out if not morning engorged?

Somemore my supply haven gone up. Tink I need to be diligent.

It's a choice btw more bm or more rest.

2Ks: ya lo.. Tts wad I believe too.. He go cc I can haf sone time off n do things b4 he's back n everything gets too messy again.. =X nw all I can do is pray hard, n when I'm home I'll tell him " schs fun right? U like sch? Shall we go back tmr..?' I'll like keep repeating n pyscho him tt it's nice n fun.. Hopefully he won't gif pattern when I'm alone sending him w didi. Else my head will b big.. Haha.

Jaime: i jus called clinic today n chk.. Haha, all along I tot it's supposed to b 1 month old, cos Jav took at 1 mth.. But this time I taking 6-in-1 fr Jay.. Nurse says 6 weeks.. Shud b next sat.. So most prob I'll bring him on next next mon.. =D see yr current pd more ex den go to Simon ng lo. Haha.

Lilprecious> kowtow to u... I wonder how u handle jav n jay urself??!!!?? o_O"""

CL left and I'm so dead... One dinner took me 1.5hrs and latch RL thrice cuz she woke up crying... Halfway is RY go disturb her also....

Now I'm so dead thirsty... Haven't touch a single drop of water the last 31 days....

Longan water wil accompany me for another 10days or until my ingredients finish...

And i consumed 8kg of ginger thruout my confinement be it in vege, fish, meat, soup, longan water or herb water fr bathing....

Went to office and AMK hub NTUC today... Now whole body ache:...

And I'm getting more n more impatient with RY... I can't stand her.... Been scolding her alot... Never done that before... But can't stand her really... So mischievous.... And disturb RL and wakes her uP... Giving me nightmare....

ST> trying to... One mummy to 2 kids... Not easy definitely.. ESP if the elder one is still fighting fr attention... >.<"

need 3 adults to 2 kids then can have one person to rest, pee, eat & shit....

L3x: maybe yr bb dehydrated and tired that's why forget or lazy to latch, just keep trying..

I got short nipple also manage to get him to latch... Just keep trying

Jaime n pixie: my boy on pediasure too n purr milk. He wanted tO try the ebm his sister didn't finish so I let him n he said "mummy nice milk"! Lol

Now whenever i feed her he wants some too n when I pump he says mummy making nice milk! Lol

gg back to 3 hr pumping frm tomo (this afternoon started alr) n gg to try power pumping to up supply.

Cae: I bought the tods one when I had my no 1 but I Carry my petunia pickle bottom more often so dun wannaninvest in another one.. Prefer the cute ones like Storksak n ppb.

U bought any?

Babyhappie,

I read on a website:

If you aren’t sure if the baby is done at the breast do a breast compression. Hold your breast near the chest wall and squeeze sort of pushing toward the nipple but not sliding your fingers closer. Hold for 20-30 seconds and then release. Do this a few times and it should get the baby sucking deeply again. If the baby doesn’t start to suck deeply and rhythmically again the feeding is over on that breast. You can opt to offer the other side or not. It’s ok if the baby takes only one breast per feeding.

Rach: I also dono hw I handle leh.. I nw is 走一步看一步.. U know I told my hb I suddenly feel like Giving up bfeeding.. I alrdy slping 2 hrs per night n Gd days I get 1 hr in noon, sometimes only get to rest my eyes.. Sigh.. I was telling him if I don't bf I can slp longer w/o pumping n all.. He told me, see hw lo if I really cannot tk it den let it go..But aft tt,I told him I still will perservere on, jus wanna rant to him.. Hahaha.

N today I was busy n in e end, I forgt to tk my lunch n when Jav came hm n Jay slpt too, e first thing tt came to my mind

was my bed!!!! Faster plop n slp 1hr, so in e end, I only took

dinner today fr the whole day.

I really think it's pretty stressful caring for 2.. 1 nb n 1

toddler.. Likerach said, fighting fr attention .. Jav wants me to

play w him n spend time w him but I gotta handle e other one

sometimes when he asks me to play w him.. I feel so guilty

towards him.. Jus nw Jay cried fr milk yet refusing to drink

while I fed him.. 100ml given but only took 40ml w much

struggling. I gt so frustrated tt I scolded him.. Jav looked at

me n den saw me putting e crying Jay dwn, He went over to

Jay n tried to carry him up frm rocker to sayang.. N when he

cldnt carry him up, he actually bent forward n kiss his didi.. N

did tt till he stop crying..

Sigh! Looking at tt, I felt bad.. Y mus I lose patience w Jay

while korkor was so loving n patient towards him..

Really going a lil insane.. =S haha, tts y I need some plc n

ppl to keep my sanity.. If not I think I'll b botak in no time..

It's really tough job to jus face 2 non talking kids.. N jus my 4th day since CL left, long way to go... But, I will survive!!!!!!

=S n now..... My small bb is not aslp yet!!!! =.= everytime when daddy is gonna go back work e next day, I will nt haf enuf slp at night. Weird.. Haf to get tortured when no ones arnd.. =/

Pinky: tts gd! U shud feed Sunay yr extra ebm.. Hehehe..

Rach: I think it's pretty normal to lose patience w the bigger one.. Cos u will wish they will und n nt disturb e lil one n gif u some peace.. But somehow they jus do things n make us upset.. Try to take deep breath each time lo.. Tts wad I do w Jav nw.. But of cos, it doesn't work all e time.. =X

Think I need To take fenugreek to up my ss..so sad now 4 hourly pump only can yield 120-140ml.. Where is my 200-210ml gone to? Are my breasts becoming slower in producing milk or way? Seriously I dunno sia..

Chen - I store up to 380ml in one lansinoh milk bag,,... Too kiasu already...

Anyone does that like me? Or maybe i should store lesser... Then wont waste so much??

Hi Mummies,

I am from 2010 thread.

I have a preloved Yao Lan (Manual) for sale. Comes with 2 clothes.

Rarely used. Condition: Very good.

Asking for $50.

Self collect at Punggol.

PM me for pics.

Lilprecious> yah hard on u... Jiayou!!!! That's why lazy mummy choose to latch all the way...

Just lent my fren my freestyle motor... Hur hur...

I'm pumpless for two weeks... So wanna pump also cannot.. But I havent pump for 2 weeks also...

Last time RY I stopped pumping at 3 mos...

This time I think I stopped at 2nd week... Lol!!!

That's why u power... But at least RL sleeps well.. *touchwood*

she slept frm 9pm last nite till now.... Latched and fell back sleep..... So at nite I do have sufficient sleep...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Up latchin since 2:30 then change diaper caz baby poopoo then pumping n washin sterilizing etc til now.. Goin to zzzz Liao.. Sigh juz poured away 75ml of ebm.. So heartache.. But no choice since I keep in chill compartment in fridge can only store 48 hrs.. N my boy latch 95% of e time.. Freezer no space at e moment to store ebm.. Can only store when mum goes back to her own hse n I re packed my freezer then to store.. Though milk ss not alot n I not diligently pumpin whole day caz boy latch anytime n sometimes each hr if he dozed off half way latching.. Precisely e ebm look so precious to mi.. Keke.. No matter how I try to pump last time 3 hrly, latch, take supplement, I can only get 50ml combined.. So sad.. Now I missed e 12 am pump til 3+ then pump I get 115ml after latching.. Miserable amt but since my boy drink so little my ss enuff for him at e moment bah..

Lookin fw to zenia askin pd on weight for mi.. Hope my boy weight is ok.. Everyone I ask tell mi their babies gain > 1.3kg at 1st mth. But my boy weighs at 3rd week only gain 350g..so I getting worried.. He poos n wees more than 4 times daily n I tot it means enuff intake for him til this weight gain thingy comes into my mind n e more pple I ask abt their babies gain weight, e more worried I m n the more emo I m..

Just finish pumping and patting my boy to sleep,tonight is the worse night,he was awake since 3am,fed him 100ml,then don't want to sleep,pat and coax until 4am,then merlion everything out(think the 100ml all out). This is the first time my boy vomit so much,I'm not sure is because I overfed cuz I just up from 80ml to 100ml today,or he sleep in the rocker chair for too long(just got it today also). Heartpain to see him merlion le,then 4.30am he wants to drink again,trying to latch him but he was so agitated end up cry out loud,as I said my boy is an excited ineffective sucker. Bo bianz,have to warm my ebm again,he kept crying cuz of the waiting time too long,after bottle feed,KO immediately,but once I put him down on the cot,cry again,until the third attempt then finally asleep.think he's throwing tantrum to me cuz I tried to latch him,sigh.difficult and impatiens boy

Mummies- if down w flu, can I continue to breastfeed? Any medication safe to tSke when breastfreding? Also, should I minimize contact w bb to reduce risk of passing e flu virus to her? so sian , flu came visited me when was doing my 1am pumping n all of sudden, started sneezing away.. Thought sinus but woke up n still have e flu plus body aching symptoms..

Rach- u mentioned su he wan. Is it ecffective for flu?

Alice: u should increase slowly.. 80-90ml mah..

Allets: when I just delivered, I had flu and fever too.. And I still bf despite having medication.. The nurses said ok.. The medicine I took was piriton or something for flu

Back