(2011/03) Mar 2011

tres: i agree on the "eat dirty, dirty they will grow"

u know my sil, she very particular about cleanliness one...like the son touch the floor must immediately go wash hands all that...

so she bit stunned when i dont bother if kyler fall down and touch the floor...

milktea: let her do whatever style, she wanna prepare freshly one lagi best lor..

but just for your info hor...like frozen peas...

fresh peas against frozen peas, frozen is better cos after pluck immediately frozen, not like those so called fresh peas, after pluck, got to deliver to site, so by then its not fresh anymore..

some logic la..

as FTWM, we do not have the luxury to prepare fresh food always for our babies la...so just try your best...frozen is not a bad way la..

tres: i only start when bb turns 6 months old...i dont start at 4 months...keke

regarding which to start 1st, it actually depends on yourself..

some mummies believe in brown rice 1st, i always start with white..

put it this way, white rice easier to eat for u or brown rice easier? brown rice harder rite??

multi grain should be the last i find...cos its even harder to me..

I agreed with 2ks to give home cook food for at least 18 mths cos outside foods got msg n dunno hygiene anot. Even my elder daughter now already 28 mths, I still try to give home cook food most of e time.

starfruit: yes...on face, on neck on anywhere...

i never try on the butt though cos i use desitin original if i see red red..

buy at guardian freaking ex..cost $20+, i think unity might be cheaper.. but need prescription..

if u see PD, get from PD, should be cheaper..

2ks (hair) also stylo mah!

i cant recall i start giving outside food to my #1 at which mth....but i remember trying for at least 18mths, but all i remember was my son was very sick of my home cooked food at the end...

so we switched to adult's home cooked food. aka those with the proper seasoning

before that is no seasoning home cooked food all da way

eh i always use white rice...never tot about brown or multigrain...i super lazy mummy.

i tot brown easier to digest? no ah?

Pandahut.... you go to Kids CLinic @ Bishan too! haha, maybe we can meet each other there! Choi choi.. better not to meet at such places.. go there means no good!

Vosiez,

No I did not eat lots of seaweed or green-colored drinks. It is still happening coming to two weeks liao. I also read that baby that drink too much foremilk and not enuf hind milk will have green poo. My gal will drink ebm during the day and I only latch at night. Each time I pump 20min or more so cannot be that there is too much foremilk. Any idea how long is considered as long.

Rach,

From the web site does not seem to say if Happy Bellies Cereal contains milk.

I remember last few days talking about the milk warmer, my philips digital one spoilt!!! and use less than 10 times only! Hv to use it again when bb start on puree. GOt to bring it down for repair lucky still under warranty.

Am still thinking if should buy the steamer cum blender as realise Phillips product spoil v easy.

Wah.... U all Soo good... I've never know abt 金银花 Lo....

Dun even know what it is and how it looks like...

Lol...

Ooh... So it's bittergourd!!!! Hahah... Okoo....

Tks 2Ks. I have desowen lotion at home. Will apply for my boy.

I'm planning to introduce solids at 6mths and wanna give him plain white rice cereal. Used to give Heinz rice cereal but i don't see it at the supermarkets anymore. What other brands have plain white rice cereal?

I'll give brown rice and oatmeal cereal later on...

Freesiajen> nope it doesn't contain milk...

It's a concern for u ?

I know nestle white rice with milk is very sweet.. I heard.. Nv tried...

I mix HB cereal with my bm and feed..

I dun need any other milk...

Sorry I'm a bm fanatic... No mill can be better than my own bm... Haha.. Even if there's milk content, it's cows milk....

Why do u want milk inside??

Alternatively can mix fm into the cereal with warm water and feed...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I used that method when I was trying to start ry on fm when she was abt 13-14mos... Took very long... She ok to eat cereal with fm mixed... But die die dun wan to drink fm on it's own... So i was trying to get her used to fm taste....

Teresa> for me, I'll give 2tins of brown rice before I start on oatmela and then multigrain..

Like 2K says... Multi grain is too complicated for digestion I feel.... So brown rice first...

Pixie> same... I also thought brown rice easier to digest...

White rice is processed rice...

U always hear ppl say brown rice better than white rice... More nutrients and etc etc...

So white rice to me.... Not much nutrients...

Same like white bread... Wholemeal better than enriched white bread...

Cuz they used bleached flour to make white bread....

i kinda flipped the first food book yesterday, i only saw the section on 4mths to 6mths... those puree recommended is to replace one meal or to eat as snack arh? blurr leh...

pixie: i not stylo la...my hair in a mess...kekeke

i also start giving kyler other food when he sick of it lor..

and also i tried all soups...headache on what to brew for him le...

babyg: use that to apply on the rashes on face...also can...its very effective.

nestle has plain rice cereal...i bought before...unless now no more la..should have..

otherwise friso? friso has rice cereal and wheat cereal..

i intend to alternate between friso and happy bellies...

pixie - yes, got promoted during ML... the news was send out official the day before I return to work lol... cos I return on 01 July then promo/salery review/bonuse is declared on 30 June...

i also waiting for my bonus...just heard other companies under the same group got 2.5 months...

i wait till neck long long

Tres 2Ks, I also believe in dirty eat dirty big. Lolx.

They will build up their own immune systems along the way.

Wah Pandahut, you go into reading the ingredient ah? I took the easy way out, follow experienced mummies here =P

Xiaofeizhu: Congrats on your promotions!!!

RAch, I see, ok! Then can mummies advise, what is the EYS Si Sen Brown rice cereals?

I tot Si Sen is good for boosting appetite is it, pls correct me if I'm wrong.

So should I get this Si Sen brown rice cereal or just those organic brown rice cereal leh?

milktea,

I didn't go read the ingredient but my SIL did, so that day went supermarket, she showed me, so i read also.

Just did a quick browse thru over google..

Brown rice or white rice?

Brown rice apparently contains more fiber and aids in preventing constipation... It's harder to cook... But doesn't mean harder to digest... The reason for the less fluffy texture is due to the outside brown husk that's not removed.

The germ and bran is removed to make white rice and in the process of getting white rice from brown rice, many nutrients are lost and often enriched back by govt regulations...

One component that is not replaced is magnesium.

One cup of brown rice contains 85mg of Magnesium but white rice has only 18mg... (something like that.. Can't rem the exact figure and weights of measure...)

tres: si shen cereal from EYS need to cook over fire...its not easy to cook otherwise it will be lumpy and hard...

i used to give kyler as a quick meal and i add in silverfish, threadfin, veges etc

sometimes i too eng i will use ikan bilis soup to cook the si shen...

tres - Thanks!

2Ks - so gd ar may have 2.5mths... this is for 6 mths review or whole year? thou promoted but increment is also peanut... but well jap firms are like that tsk tsk...

XFZ: 6 months review...my company usually give out bonus in july, dec and before CNY.

the CNY one is the big one..

at least u got increment...

my office is very stingy with increment one..its like once every 5 years ok...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

milktea, agree with you, easier way out, follow and ask the mummies here!

Rach, thanks for your research...

2Ks, what is the goodness of ikan bilis ah? Just now, saw at SNS, Brown Rice cereals with ikan bilis? Won't by adding ikan bilis, it will be 'salty'?

I'm also waiting for my company to declare bonus in 2 months time... hmm... wait & see ba!

tres: ikan bilis heard that it is a good source of calcium.

u need to soak in water de mah...then boil it as stock..

i always make stock for kyler last time and i freeze it...

Hello mummies! So long didn't come in here le coz was really very busy with moving house and Javier. Today, just back to work and had my first pumping session in handicapped toilet! haha... And luckily I do not have any work withdrawal syndrome. In fact, I feel good sitting back to my desk and enjoy going out lunch and gossip with my colleagues! Maybe this is the first time after 4 months that I go out w/o Javier. I don't feel like I have any kids other than pumping time. :D

Annie.. that's exactly how i feel too.. at least got some 'me' time, even though i need to work! hahah.

erm... i will google to see how silverfish look like?? ahhah

do u know silverfish got to cook one round if u are getting those uncooked ones...then u freeze it..

otherwise will have a fishy smell when u cook in porridge

Jaster: yup brought her to pd ytd, hopefully with the medication she will get better soon!

Lilprecious: the pd prescribed q a lot of medicine leh! 3 syrups, 1 nasal decongestant and saline nose drops. Pd can't give meds for bb Ma?? She did say it's more to relieve Chloe of the symptoms rather than to cure though, cos her own body should cure by herself. If it don't work, I'll give tuina a go.

2ks: ya put bib not so cute le. That's why I recently went to order more bibs that r cuter haha! If dun put her whole romper wet lo, like so uncomfy.

Btw mommies, need some advice on feeding meds:

1. Should I wake bb up to take meds if she's sleeping, or plus minus one/two hour is ok?

2. If her meds timing coincide with her dreamfeed, should I still make her take meds? Cos she always screams and cries when we feed meds. ): scared after that she cannot sleep!

2Ks,

small one also got 2.5mth ar .. i wait long long here also dun have lor .. u can go big makan liao

actually i nvr give my girl ikan bilis .. still think it's salty & i think of the process they dried the ikan bilis i also scare. not hygienic for bb to me. I prefer to put fresh fish (threadfin/cod fish..)

Rice cereal,

plain or brown ? depends on individual ba .. i remember brown is better but slightly more heaty ?

we should give the single grain(white/brown) then follow by multigrain ba ..

Tres,

U can just buy the Si Shen powder from EYS & add into the cereal/porridge that u prepare. I tried & no taste de .. haaa

Xiaofeizhu,

ML still got promoted .. not bad leh your company. I only hope they dun deduct my point due to ML .. haaa

Congratz to you !! ALso can go big makan liao .. with 2Ks .. haha

Annie,

Welcome back to forum ... & we are waiting for u for the karaoke session .. when ?

audrey,

Jovan caught a cold when he was abt 2.5mths... i also took him to the PD but after 1 week still not getting well lor.. then i brought him to the tuina... then only give med if his flu really jia lat... took him another 1 week to get well...

XFZ, congrats to your promotion!!

2Ks, same here, company very stingy on increment, bonus not bad thou.

Annie, ktv ktv..!! lolx.

sinmey: last year i took 2.5 months...this year i dunno leh...got 1.5 i very happy le. i sure will go makan la..treat my hubby eat..

ikan bilis must wash and soak in water before u cook la...

its a good stock...

otherwise use silverfish lor..but silverfish need to scald one round 1st..to remove the fishy smell..

Rach,

Good. I dun want it to contain milk coz' I want to mix my bm to the cereal. Used to use Heinz but they dun have it anymore. No need to apologise, I agree nothing is better then your own bm.

Will you still spree it later. I dun intend to start my gal on solid till she is 6mth. Now only 3+mth not sure should buy so early or not.

It's like the forum is suddenly alive again! Hoho. I also need to go revise the bb first food book again. Thks experienced mummies for sharing on cereals [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Annie

I share exactly the same thoughts! I'm happy to have me-time again and seeing my colleagues again hee.

freesiajen

me also don have promotion or bonus, then don retrench me i v happy liao...lolz

2ks, jus now saw ur post on puree de... so it's used to replace one meal izit? like those fruits puree can be used to replace one meal meh?

zenia: for a start, it is not suppose to replace a meal.

what i usually do is, i try the same food for 2-3 days continously to test for allergy.

there are so many kinds of food, by the time i finish, then i will do replacement of meal, i.e. lunch and dinner..

i give fruits for teabreak too...

2Ks - I see... but small one also got 2.5 very gd leh... my company every year will review salary but increment also depend de some times ikan bilis nia plus my starting pay when I join not very fantastic so until now also like that only...

XFZ: got review salary not bad leh...

mine 5 years then review once...and its not fantastic lor..

so i guess the bonus make up for it la..

Back