(2011/03) Mar 2011

limlim: not really lumpy leh...

i add bm to it...

i never try rabbit brand si shen...i gave EYS si shen, but that one must cook over fire...

not easy to cook that one, but i add on silverfish, threadfin for kyler that time, then i add spinach too...

its a quick cook meal..

audrey: no la..i didnt say boys drools more...just that this didi drools much more than korkor lor...sickening...

chloe will get well soon de...dont worry...

baby appetite like stock market at times, up and down de...its normal....not to worry k

I see.. Thx 2ks n limlim. Tink I'll buy both to try also. Brown rice n plain, see which she likes. But mine only 3mths plus. Way too early to start anything thing, but this kiasu mummy has bought high chair, blender, bills n spoons Liao. Ordered thermos jar n baby cubes also Liao. Haha..

mine really like stock market crashing down liao, when will it be bullish again?

she takes in 3x120ml in daytime...night she latch frm me i dunno she take in how much

vicious cycle lor, she drink so little in the day, at night sucks me dry literally. then so full liao, next day no appetite for milk

yesterday managed to feed her 4 x 100ml and alot is on hanky one leh

pixie: it will go up again one la...just wait patiently..

u see me...from 1 hour feed now change to faster (cant tell wait he pantang), and sometimes not enough..

but i am prepared that he will reject milk soon la...

Just wanna share my experience on milk strike. 

My boy used to drink 130-150 ml 3-4 hrly. But suddenly his appetite decrease. Each feed only take about 70-90ml. The condition is so bad that he got dehydration (pink urine) n cries all the time. 

We faster rush him to pd n pd told us to feed him 2hrly 100ml instead. After a day, his condition improve. N his milk intake also slowly increase. We also change his teat to a bigger size. He is now taking 150ml 3 hrly n is able to slp thru the night again.

So those mummies with baby on milk strike, maybe u wanna increase bb milk frequency to ensure that he is taking enough fluid.

babyhappie: when u see that he like that, u never give him some water?

sometimes if my boy dont wanna drink milk or on a hot day, i give him some water...

actually all trial and error one...

i will play with the ml and the time usually...

have to keep experiment..

but when they gets bigger, this is not the case anymore...

Tried giving him water but he also take a few sips den dun wan le. Haiz.. I'm such a bad mummy, letting him suffer. I shd have force him to drink more den he wun suffer.

Pixel: Ya.. My boy was also like that. I tot since he can't finish his milk even aft 3 hrs that means he shd still be full. So that's why I didn't try to force him to drink more. Until one day I saw his diaper like pink pink den noe how serious it is.

Your ger at least is still taking more then my boy. My boy take less then 100ml each time. Just monitor n see how k.

Jaster, hahaha ya lor...baby really must see mood one...sometimes yo yo he's ok, sometimes he's not....last night he woke up at 10pm (slept at 8pm)..i thought good chance to dreamfeed him..... mei xiang dao...he just continue to sleep with the teat in his mouth >.<!!! how to dream feed like that? but anywhere, even though he didnt drink...he still lasted till 6am...

SN,

can last till 6am without waking up? ahhhhhh! i'm pulling my hair liao... this boy wakes up despite the dream feed can!!! n he finish up the bottle de lor!!!

2ks: high five mine drool super a lot too! Have to put bib liao, else the front of her romper always wet and cold leh, ESP now she's sick....

2ks/jaster: thanks, really hope Chloe recovers soon too. Heartpain to see my bm wasted, but much more heartpain when see her fighting her milk til body stiffen lo, or cough while drinking or sleeping sigh. These few days she drink less like 瘦掉 sigh. ):

Karen.. Ya lo.. But he still wakes at 6am.. I give him 220ml , he will always leave 10-20ml sometimes, think he's full. Wanna drag him till 7am den wake leh. Lol..

Milktea: no prob man.. Wah, thanks fr sharing yr secret. Lol! But I fe v uncomfy nt wearing anything except bra. Somemore I got 2 boys at hm. Better dont.. Scarely next time Jav go out ask y other ppl need wear top but my mummy no need. I die.

I think I v zek ark la.. But like 2Ks say lo.. It's easier for us to take care, esp I'm w th 24/7.. I haf to make my life easier fr myself..

Pixie.. LOL... Yr comments r really funny. Everytime I read I'll

burst out laughing.

U gt try forcing yr girl? Or give more when she's willing to drink?

2Ks: I'm using happy bellies too.. Hehe.. R u gonna use tt? Can share some lobangs. Hehe..

Jay drools alot too leh.. =.= until his neck gt rashes.. Terrible.

SN: if bb din wake up to drink n can slp Till 6am jus let him be lo.. Better still leh! U save time frm dreamfeeding. Lol..

Audrey: can try tuina if u believe tmc, they can 'open' up her appetite .. N cure the phlegm n flu.. But need time la.. Anw, PD can't give med fr bbs too..

I'm gg tuina w Jav later too.. He coughing.. Sian. Mus b kena frm me cos I'm sick... Uber sian esp cos this weekend is Jav bday Liao.. Haf to fall sick now. Sigh!

audrey: ya lor...got to put bib...then put bib le i find not cute leh...

must buy more cute bibs...but i think i have enough leh...

lilprecious: u wanna share lobang with me?? LOL..

no la, u definitely not zek ark, we have to do it this way cos we are the ones taking care of them mah...we cant afford to pamper them and hug them to sleep mah, got another one to attend too and the daily chores leh...

so set a routine is not that bad la...

oh...hope jav get well soon...kyler is also sick...he got broncritis leh..

mummy too slow in bringing him see doctor...u see who is the bad mummy here...

happy bellies cereal

those who PM me i already replied..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ive ordered one batch last nite to test test...

and is taking orders for next batch..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

2k> u know got the new munchies for toddlers??

cheese n spinanch flavors..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies, help ah, my baby's right eyelid like got rashes! N he keeps rubbing his eye.... My house opposite got construction n floor v dusty leh... But i cant be closing window whole day right. How ah? Need to see doctor? Just now bb cry n cry n cry leh.... Carry also dun wan, on the bed also dun wan... Dunno if eye unconfortable? Now finally sleeping...

Hi mummies,

May I know we have to feed cereal until when?

7th mth - 9th mth: cereal

10 mth - 12mth: cereal + puree

1 yr old onwards: porridge

Is the above arrangement ok?

lilprecious

dont say liao ah, just now posted my stock market crash, now the bull revving up, super gianz to drink milk....

machiam like bullfighting....zoom straight up onto my neh nehz. instead of me waving the red cloth, i waving white flag...

she kept latching for milk....

i should be happy rite

Sn

If it develops into a bad rash or bumps appear, do bring bb to pd ba. But I think should be ok one, you monitor and see how it goes. Hope it's just a one off incident.

My turn to start work tmr. Can't believe I'm tearing now as I look back at the moments from the past 4 months. I'll miss him alot alot

ST> I guess there's no right or wrong in feeding:.. Let ur baby leads as u see what he's ready for..

All abt trial n error...

Use the FIRST FOODS as a guide..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I intend 6th month pure cereal..

7th month onwards start purée.. Or maybe earlier... See how she taking the cereal...

Their tummy is so fragile and sensitive...

I wanna start intro slowly and let the little get used to it...

By 7.5mos, I'll mix purée into cereal... More variety...

Like mixed vege rice u know?? Lol...

Think I'll intro porridge only 8-9mos...

By then can have cereal for breakfast and porridge for lunch...

Until 12mos... See how... The types and kinds of food can vary and get coarser... No need to be sooo smooth kind...

After 12mos can eat rice Liaoz....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Let ur baby lead u... Try somethig and if he spits out or dun feel/look good, then maybe not ready... Wait 1-2week try again... Youll get diff reactions/results de..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I feel no need rush... Although many pressure to start intro as u see peers doing it... But so what can eat Liao or start early?

They have whole life to eat... Ok de la....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mimimo, it's normal. I teared when I started work 2wks ago. Morning was hard to leave home. Teared on the way too. Till now I still v she bu de. But no choice lor. Can Onli quickly come home to see n sayang my girl. So scared now I'll spoil her.

2Ks: yaya! Hehehe... Lobang lobang! =Ppp

Alamak! Kyler also Sick.. I went tuina jus now, alot if suck children lo.. Sinseh says now is hfmd peak period.. Duper sian.. Hope kyler gets well soon.. Our poor boys.. =S

Pixie: lol!! Yr description really super cute lo.. Haha. Ok la, at least nw she's drinking!! Better den not, right? =Pp

Give her the bottle, ask her surrender yr breasts! Lol..

Joc

Thks for your encouragement. It's a new start today [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bb just woke up too, as if to say good bye to mummy hee.

Hope that kids who are not feeling well will recover soon and start smiling at mummy again. JIA you!

freesiajen: i remember reading that green poo can be caused by ur food intake e.g. if u eat lots of seaweed or green-colored drinks. But if it lasted for a whole week, more likely that baby is drinking too much foremilk and not enough hind milk (the fatty one). Did u change latching habits lately? Make sure ur baby finish the first breast first before offering the other one.. Or if u feed ur bb febm, can u tell which packet has more fat? If can, try to give a balanced mix of both types everyday.. but relax, coz green poo shouldn't be a serious problem unless it continues for very long..

ST: i be doing the same like rach...but then hor, i am not introducing outside food or rice yet after 1 year old...

still porridge, just that the consistency might differs..

1. plain cereals with BM

2. One kind puree

3. fruits puree

4. mixed 2 kinds puree

5. si shen

6. fish/silverfish porridge (plain)

7. porridge add on with veges

8. then porridge cook with stock

9. then rice with soup

pixie: suck u dry dry good mah...

thats why i said their intake like stock market, goes up & down...

then make us heart attack and worried at times

2k> mee Suah very salty leh... How u make it less salty huh...

Ive not given any mee suah to ry yet... Find it salty leh....

Although she eaten outside food Liaoz... Lol....

Yah for me after 1yo I relaxed last time... Partly also preggy...

Tired and lazy to cool nutritious food....

See this time how... If can try to feed porridge longer and can cook for two.... Easier and more motivation ba... Else cook little bit so sian... Lol....

Provided ry still want porridge la...

Rashes on baby

Mummies, just wanna share a good remedy...

Rl been having rashes that looks like heat rash on her neck and back of neck... So I happened to call my CL who was in spore and she asked me to try 金银花。

Boil the flowers in water and then mixed with tap water and bathe RL.

I got hubby to buy a portion... He came back with 2 packs.. Said the auntie says add another something more effective..

Hubby can't tell me what it is... And forgot how much both costs...

Anyway I split that into 2 portions... Bathed 4 times in 2 days.. (day n nite).

And the rashes are almost gone now...

I nv research abt it la.. CL say I just do..

N it works...

So if any of ur babies has heat rash problem can try...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

rach: blanch it la..

what brand u buy...some brand not salty one..

u cant throw the mee sua straight away in the stock, u need to blanch it..then throw it..

even i preggy i also cook for kyler...

i try my very best to give him home cooked food la..

and now i got the thermal cooker, it will be even easier..

heat rashes - i used desowen lotion...works miracle..

now apply later fade le..

but need prescription or buy from PD/GP

Hi Mummies!!

Just came out from a cold-sweating 1-1 with my new GM... promotion certainly doesn't come easy...

Rach - I know abt the remedy... during confinement my CL already bath my bb with that... its jin yin hua and dried bitter gourd... both is for clearing of heat rash... I asked the sales assistant at FuHwa before, they say this remedy mostly only m'sian will know and use... but for dried bittergourd can only get at those orbit chinese medicine shop...

Morning~

Been reading "First foods" past few days and start to think whether organic food is necessary.

I know that everyone have different perspective on this.

Hmmm..

Some think maybe first few months to the first year.

Some think not necessary unless we can afford to give evrything organic.

2Ks, Desowen lotion can use on our babies?

Gavin has heat rash on his neck and back and we have been applying CB calendula or the cream from the PD (can't remember name now). But not so effective... the heat rash returns again very fast.

milktea: to me, i believe in a mixture...

how organic the food outside it might seems to be, u wouldnt know right?

and we dont take organic food last time mah...

first foods informative rite?

i think i will read again...

let me find the time...now i trying to teach kyler his alphabets...think need to squeeze more time to read again..

babyg: yes...desowen lotion can be used on babies...

its quite effective leh...especially rashes..i find it works very fast...

just apply only

2Ks, I posted similar question on organic food for baby and this reply I got from a friend is kindle interesting:

Linda Ling - haha i have heard of organic fish.. and i asked the person HOW do u know the fish is organic? the fish doesn't catch other small fish to eat out in the sea? Like dat i ask my hb go out to the sea to fish.. oso considered organic wat..

milktea: LOL! thats a good one...

i dont believe in 100% organic la..cos eventually they will still touch those non-organic food outside...

i just try my best to prepare home cooked food for at least 18 months...

mummies... it's been a while since i came to this forum... Hope you all n bb are doing well!Eversince working, it's been so busy, ferrying bb up n down from mum's place. Dpesn;t help if hb is always working late too! Haiz Haiz.. think the govt should give us 6 months ML sia!

I agreed on the organic food things also. How organic we also dun knw as now everything also like organic here & there.

Sames goes for the happy babies cereal, if u read carefully, there is algae content but how the algea is process to mix into the food is not organic, which normal consumer like us we dun knw. Which is what my SIL told me as she is in healthcare industry and very into all this. But we also just buy & eat. hahaha!

Milktea : I also dun think we should enclosed our bb to just organic stuff... maybe now, yes coz their tummies are sensitive, but as they grow older.. they should be exposed like the hokkien saying "eat dirty, dirty they will grow".

Of coz is possible, home prepared food is the best lah!

18months. I hope I can do it too. Dun wan ppl to "suan" me for buying things in the heated 15mins then end up all never use. Hahaha..

Alot of my friends actually gave Heinz puree as a easy way out but I know some of you commented it's alittle too sweet.

I bought the baby cubes too, but am not sure whether my MIL is ok with freezing baby's food. She might wants to give fresh type I think.

Rach, I want the Happy BEllies cereal, count me in!

Have not started to read the 'First Foods' yet, my book still w Audrey... so I'm just following blindly to the timeline said by you all - 4 months intro cereals... then 6 months puree foods....

What is the difference bet Brown rice, Oatmeal and Multi Grain cereal? Which should i start first?

Back