(2011/03) Mar 2011

K Teo & Joc

I staying depot road, every week day I stayed at home cox always worry about bringing bb out. Only weekend then with my dh then only we try bring bb out and only to malls with nursery room. Btw my dh wants me to quit after maternity ends. That's y I tot it be good if I know more mummies in order to make my life not so bored.

Regarding the huggies promo at cold storage. How to know spent $100 got free toy? As only see the promo price but no mention of spending above $100 got freebies.

Joc, i pump ard 5-7 times a day... I latch once or twice a day just to ensure tt bb still wants to latch so in cases of "emergency" when outside n no more milk, still can latch haha. My total daily output minus the latching is 700-800 plus. I recently realised tt drinking more water helps to increase output.... Been so busy with bb that i havent been drinking enough water... So since 2 days ago, i started project drink water hahaha n output really a bit more. Btw, y u feed HA huh? Yr pd advised to give HA?

Joc

Don't be sad over bf. I am the worst. Since birth, I tried pumping every 3 hoour but don't feel anything. I was too stress as I could not eat and sleep, ate fenugreek and domperidone but did not help. Seen gynae he say I got post natal blues and too stress so supply very bad. In the end I gave up on 3rd week as I was the only one taking care of bb. Now I spent all my time with bb trying to compensate what I short changed her. Was very upset and cried many times over the fact I couldn't bf her. But now as I see her grow and now could recognize and smile at me. I felt really much better.

KTeo

Yah both our bb gal same bday and staying quite near and almost the same habit. Now I hoping she could sleep thru the nite. But even if she doesn't, I already every night auto wake up at 3 am to make milk though she yet cry for milk.

Xiaobei, it's ok de... Most of us grew up on fm... Have milk give milk, dun have give fm loh... At least we can afford to buy fm compared to those third world countries, if the mommies no bm, n no money to buy fm... Then really jialet liao.

Joc & Xiao Bei: At least now i know there 3 mummies staying near to town =). If we ever go for gathering, can jio each other, or share cab.

SN: My gal on HA, coz PD says she got sensitive nose, always making funny noises, but breathing normally.

Xiao Bei: I pump 5-6 times a day, no latch coz I got short nipple, so if i latch got to wait for a time when bb good mood and my breast not too full after a few pumping (my nipple will be longer mah). Use to latch with nipple shield when she was 1 to 3 weeks old. After that PD says weight gain too slow, so i stop latch lor and pump. Too much stress from everywhere saying bb drink not enough, i angry so i pump lor, then at least know that she drinks how much.

Xiao Bei, I can understd. I felt v v depressed. Cried many times till my hubby say I got depression, asked me to give up. Many haf told me motherhood is not just abt bf. There're many other aspects. So dun feel tat u've shortchange yr bb. I felt like tat too previously.

SN, I've been trying to drink lotsa water. When got soup, I'll try to drink a big bowl too. Guess it's my genes, low milk supply. I pump 6 times daily, Onli get like 400+ml.

Zenia

After jab, if any fever, it will come abt 7 hrs later. Temp above 37 degrees is considered fever. Pd should have also given fever med just in case. The fever may last up to 2 days, anything beyond that would need to see pd.

I've got the above info from my pd as my boy took his jab recently.

S/N

My gynae also console me saying fm equally good. I know he just want to make me cheer up. But I was quite surprised my ss had never kicked in b4. I never had the feel of engorgement since giving birth. Breast feeling was as soft as b4 birth. Guess my hormones are haywire. Anyway me same as bb rabbit. I am an ivf case.

KTeo

Got no choice as dh don't want IFC, and there's no one to help me take care. Work can have personal life. Anyway I don't really like my job also. Hehee

Hi mummies.

Like many of u ladies here, I have been a silent reader too. Also had no confidence in bringing my baby out. Kept worrying what if he cries. Cos he's really impatient. But I brought him for his swim today w my Bjorn. Then we walked around parkway. Feeling much better. Can be done one k. ;) I guess start w short distance?

Joc - my husband also wants me to be a stayhome mom. But sometimes I'm not sure how well I can cope. I'm a first time mummy. Feel like I dunno alot of things. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Btw, my baby is coming 9 weeks. Before he falls asleep at night. He will cry and cry. We rock, change n feed him but to no avail. Any of u facing or faced e same problem? Will baby outgrow this phase?

Hey mimimo24, thanks for the info... the stupid polyclinic also nv tell me anything, juz say if hav fever then will last 2days :l

Hi Ladies,

MIA for so long... i dont reli know how to use iphone to check forum.. i have difficult in that, therefore, end up i gave up checking during my three mths maternity...

this week i back to work already... anyone back to work already???

I saw u gals brought ur BB for swimming le and put all of them together... so fun... i missed this outing...

Xiaobei,

I been thru it also, really hv to "open up". I also keep crying & crying and feel my life upside down, hate my baby, even left home, etc. sigh!!!! My HB wan me to rest but I begged him to let me go back to work and after gave birth 1+month, I back to work and now feel even more happy.

Sher,

My boy just turn 3 months and since he 2month+ been like this, b4 sleep sure cry & cry in Yao Lan. Just 2 days ago, Yao Lan also no cure. Now he back to b4 full month, want to be carry to sleep, seow leow lor.

Fish,

I back to work long time ago lor. But somehow dun really miss my bb, I this mummy damn jialat. IN fact, I scare weekend coz I got to bring back to my in law place and hv to look after bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Yah panda hut. Same thing. At first thought it was colic but it's not leh. So, sometimes very difficult and it only happens when he's going to sleep. Not sure if i over stimulate him in e day.

Kteo, joc and xiao bei, i'm also staying in Redhill. I haven't join any gathering cos my #1 is very sticky to me and I cannot manage 2 outside on my own. I'm heading back to work in 2 wks... Dun think I have chance to join any gathering liao.

sher,

even day time he not playing or over stimulate him, he still cry like this. Sigh! I already numb. Just how long he cry only, sometimes few sounds and he KO, sometimes few mins. I kept asking my mum how come sleeping only mah, why is it so difficult for him?

Panda,

SAME.. when my colleagues asked if i miss my BB or not after one week of working... i told them no lei.... i thought i'm gonna be the only one that wont miss my BB during office hr... u too!! hahaha!!! but i do call my mother to check abt BB twice during office hrs (1 time in the morning and 1 time in the afternoon)...

Sher, my bb also cry very pitifully in the evening. Initially at 6 weeks onwards was wind cos can see he is very uncomfortable and then it got better. Now, he's just past 3 mths, he will start crying at 7/8pm. The last feed is always the hardest to feed and finish and will cry and cry lor. Must carry and carry and will gradually fall asleep in some awkward position. Strange lor.. Hopefully it's just a phase he's going thru.

Harha. My boy cries till his face red. Quite frustrating n he doesn't sleep thru the night too. His longest stretch of sleep is 4hours. Max is 5. But he only did that once.

He also likes to b carried. Training to put him down in e bouncer for the past week. Getting better. Can u imagine last time u carried him for the whole day. Toilet break also he will cry.

Dazel, sher,

Ur bb same as mine, think they are fighting off sleep! Haha... Yah, i noticed this week, duno y before sleep sure cry one... So weird leh... Last time not like dat one leh...

Well, at least yours nap long during the day... Mine don't nap long at all! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Seems like it's q a common problem huh.

What time do u ladies put ur babies to sleep? Im not sure if I put mine too early. Harha. I attempt to make him sleep at 9.

U know I really admire those mummies who have 2 or more kids. Im already so tired after 1. Maybe it's just me. Harhahaha. ;)

matched gal,

ya I also think like 3 months bb new pattern comes out again, sigh!

sher,

9pm is not early, mine try to put him to sleep around 7-8pm. But he can't sound asleep, only till around 10pm after feeding, then he will cry cry and KO. At night he can sleep one stretch 4hrs to max so far 8hr.

I too admire those mummies with more than 1 kid. Me also, draining out only got 1 and I want to close shop leow lor.

Sher

Welcome

Me also a SAHM for 2 years

onli different is I am a mother of 2 and my eldest is already 11 yrs old..

I am a old mama -34 yrs old..my girl is now 3month plus, a valentine girl lor

My hub was the one who wan me to quit my job to become a full time housewife at home. At first is more on focusing my boy studies and after 2 years, hub and i managed to have a baby girl cos we been trying for a while but I guess due to my work stress ....

so after i resigned, more relax[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Fish,

at least u still got call leh. I didn't call at all. Coz if i call later she feeding milk or wat, can't answer phone call mah, and hor if she didn't call me means nothing wrong lah. hahaha!!!

Sher - mind to tell me how old are you?

Young mummy shld be very energetic!

me old mummy still trying to catch up alot...

imagine today i went bb spa again with clara and I seem to be the onli one there getting excited and cheering for her while some mummies just kept quiet loking at the tub..

PPl may tik i siao chao bo

Haha, so it's true all the city area mummies all no confidence to bring bb out. =)

I will only be back in end June or early July. Now I need to start puting my bb on schedule lor, will start next week for trial first.

Same same, my bb also need to fight off to sleep like insomia, so tired want to sleep but just cannot sleep, poor thing. Have to coax and rock and try all sorts lah. Sometimes, I think I sleep liao, she still not sleeping lor.

Matched gal: I also feel that mine is getting naugthier lei... aiyo...

Sher: I also don't dare to have 2nd one... I think no time for myself. Super sian, everyday cannot do anything, only pump, feed, coax to sleep. No life.

Patrickstar, Dazel, Sher,

Hahaha... Our naughty babies... Btw, i already piak her backside 2 weeks ago, when i was so mad one day! Haha... Record holder.. Lasttime her jiejie piak by me oni when 3 mth old, hahaha...

Linlee, you are not siao char bo lah....think that time i brought my boy there...i also cheering for him...:p

I usually bring my boy to the bedroom @ 8pm...switch off the light ....change diaper....feed him...and coax him to sleep ....he will sleep at around 9pm....

I'm young. But not so much energy leh. I'm. 26 this year. Like Kteo, I'm also hesitant about no. 2 now. Harha. I'm on fully latch and I pump when I can. Sometimes also lazy to pump. But I know I have to la.

Lin lee, which babyspa u bring ur baby to? I went today too but cos I stay in pasir ris I go to e one at marine parade. Very quiet and nice. I like. Hur.

Lin lee

I think I am the oldest, so sad. Frankly speaking old mummies really no energy to take care bb. And I worst, first time mummy.

Actually I also think sahm no life but guess I still need time to readjust. Btw mummies u all wanna add together in facebook or mobile watsapp so that we can contact in case no chance to come in here to check since we din get the chance to meetup like north mummies?

Hi Mummies,

Can I ask for those who give baby ebm, how do you warm up the milk? Buy those bottle warmer or stand the bottle in warm water? But then must stand how long? My girl wait a bit will scream already, so far I have been mostly latching but soon must give bottle cos going back to work...

Fine by me! I don't have many mommy friends for support so it's always good to know more people. I'm Sherrie Ooi. Easy to find. Only got 1. Harha.

Mobile can always Pm me k. ;)

Matchedgal, my husband also looking fwd to piak my son's backside when he's fussing for nothing. Harhaha.

Xiaobei,

Are you older than me a not? I'm a '75 labbit myself, hahahaha... Ya, old mummies v tiring to look after babies... I also feel i no stamina, not like lasttime #1 liaoz...

Xiaobei, i peifu the ivf mommies... Must go thru so many procedures n injections. Sometimes humans r like tt, we are given the gift that we have all along wanted but then we get depressed over something such as bm n we forgot the big picture of having already been blessed with a baby. Hehe.. A pastor once said it's like the devil trying to swallow yr delicacy...

Panda hut, i thought yr in laws take care of bb for u when u go to "holiday resort"? Me gg there in a few hrs.... Damn sian... Hope tonight wont have to rock n walk up n down the room many times for bb to sleep.

Pinkypop, I warm it up by filling a tub of warm water. I just agar agar test a few drops and once it's warm enough, I will just give. I don't have any particular time. My son is q ok w the temperature. He's not particular.

Some Ang moh websites also say some babies take straight from e refrigerator. But I don't do that.

matched gal,

u, me & linlee all belong to the 70s era one lor. Me & Linlee same age. It true lor, really no stamina & energy.

Sher,

every time b4 he sleep sure kena piak one, coz he like to be "hit" on the butt.

SN,

She only help during night time and she home v late one lor. SOmetimes she go out, I also hv to look after myself.

Tmr then I go holiday resort. hahaha!!! Enjoy yours!

xiaobei,

I also 1st time mummies at this age, sometimes some how like regret lor, like so eat till this age still hv babies for wat. ai yoh. hahahha!!!

You can add me to facebook [email protected] BUt think now got sometimes wrong as I tried to log in and it shows dun knw wat secruity issue thing.

wow .. today most mummies busy gathering at Rach's place & many silent readers reported in ...

Xiao bei,

don feel the sahm no life, we have quite a few in this forum & at time i also envy them lor .. go coffee/starbuck breakies, then go walk walk... shop shop.. & they looks great too (the sahm in this forum all like tai tai de)

more important is u must live your own life .. not staying at home with bb all time. So, take your 1st step out & join us .. no worry of your location, we always have mummies from all direction to the destination de ...

Lin,

u very on leh .. bring Clara swim everyday .. u took the unlimited package is it ?

Fish,

me ... i started work last week ... u still have reserve ML ? take 1-2 half day & join us lar ? me taking half day next friday to join the gathering at 2Ks's plc ...

Back