(2011/03) Mar 2011

Summer mummy: I think I know which fish dealer u got from. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I also get fm them. Cod fish n threadfin [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] . Can ask them to cut n pack Individually also.

My CL left today so I guess I officially have ended my confinement. The 28 days just went past like that. I already start to miss my Bb inside me and also the delivery experience.. Hee hee

won mummy,

what you can give, just give... dun be too stressed abt pummping and feeding ur bb exlcusively on BM lah... there's milk still but i believe is the stress that is oppressing it...

i engorged but no milk... sadder rite? have to feel the pain but yet no milk wants to flow out of me.. what the hell... ai yah.. what i do now is just pump n pump every 3 hours liao... pump 2 hours output turns out even lesser lor! i dun even bother to massage.. tried wearing bra n had a nap jus now.. still the same leh... still so engorged!

haha... i'm pumping now... hearing the beat of the FS suction ah... sounds like "neh leh neh leh" hahaha...

by the way, i tried latching on my boi jus now.. he refused to take my neh liao... super duper upset just now... it's like the bonding btw him n me broken that kind... but told myself bb will be bonded with me in other ways lah.. =)

boobs feeling sore... but got more milk pumped out when i abused them... darn!

Hi won_mummy,

It is really not too late to rebuild your milk supply. But most importantly is to destress and drink more fluid. Stress inhibit milk production. Don't be too uptight about giving only bm to baby. It is really ok to give fm until demand meet supply. During growth spurt, I will breastfeed baby if baby still hungry I will supplement with fm. I think if you want external help there is fenugreek supplement that is suppose to help with increasing the supply. Another thing is try to latch baby at night will be less tiring for you.

Tks mummies for ur encouragement. I will try to destress if possible. Now I just giv watever I can provide. Been giving her fm at night le, as commanded by mil. Day time ebm. But I hav a hungry monster. She now drinks 130ml le. Day 15. That's y I try to pump at night if possible. Cant latch her cos nipple really hurts n my supply not enough for her. Just hope milk will come back to me. If cont to decrease I guess I will have to quit le.

For the lansinoh milkbag...whats the maximum amount we can pour in huh? any idea?

I see the marking on the bag also blur blur de

Summers mommy: ya, can go.. They do newborns.. =) n I like tt they give priority to lil bbs first.. Like today is Sat, alot of ppl, but the moment I put my card in tray, my number is shown n can go in fr consultation le.. I'm monitoring him still.. Vomitting stopped aft ytd's tuina.. V happy w the results! N today he goes back cos he din slp well past 2 days.. So hopefully he slps better tonight. But everytime aft tuina he slps v v well..

Jaster: yup, no worries, jus let the cord drop off by it's own, it'll b okay as long as don go n remove it by force.. Hee..

Angelina: bladder infection will nt really affect bb, don worry, jus tk the antibiotics on time n drink lotsa fluids it'll clear up v fast ya.. Tk care!

Jaime: Jayien threw up quite a few times 2 days before,n cldnt slp well, so was v worried he had a gassy tummy.. Brought him to tuina, sinseh said he kena abit 感冒.. Throat was red, n phlegm in lungs.. Was a lil warm too.. So tuina lo, n the vomitting stopped aft first tuina ytd, nw left the slping part, he still didn't slp well today.. Keep making noises, so brought him back 2nd time n tmr 3rd day.. Hopefully he slps better tonight! N anw, he's still abit yellow.. Hope it clears off soon too..

Won_mummy: I agree w 2Ks.. Jus try increasing yr supply nw.. It still can b saved! =)) it may nt b enuf to total bf.. But at least can gif bb some bm .. A few feeds of bm is better den none!! Den maybe u can gif a few feeds of fm if needed.. Perservere! U can do it!!!! We r here to give u support ya!!

Annie: Think it's mostly wind, normally my CL n me feeds bb in 2-3 times., as in we feed, stop n burp n den feed again.. Cannot one go feed all.. Like yr fren mentioned cos they can't control the sucking yet, so best to help them take a short break, burp n cont..

No time to read thru the thread but wana post something before I go catch some slp.

Whenever I face difficulties etc, coming here to know that am not alone. Seeing how evryone is working so hard.

I feel it's a great motivation for me to continue work harder on my moo moo career.

Won_mummy: From my #1's experience, it's not too late to increase supply. My boy was in high dependency ward for 1 week after birth & my supply was not enough for him, so at the beginning had to supplement more than half with FM. But I consistently pumped 3 hourly (doesn't have to be strict on timing, but at least 8 times a day with no more than 4-5 hours in between pumps) & my supply increased slowly over a few weeks although it never fully caught up with my son's demand. But I managed to increase supply to about 700-800 a day, so only needed to supplement 1 feed with FM. I used a double pump (Medela PIS) & also took Domperidone to increase supply. The thing that I regretted was that I stopped latching & my son subsequently rejected latching as he grew used to artifical nipple.

And about carrying baby to sleep. I find that it's ok to carry them to sleep although some say you'll spoil them. Some say baby at this age can't be spoilt & I personally feel that babies carried may feel more secure. So I think it's no harm to let your MIL look after your baby more when you need to pump & rest.

Won mummy

I also haf a milk monster.. My Boi drinks 90ml of ebm then 30 mins later can dwn another 40ml FM.. I also cannot Kip up.. But dun give up.. Try to drink more water, eat more fish. Rest abit then milk will come.. Rite nw I latch him abt 30mins each side then after tat nt enuff will give FM. Jia u!

Lilprecious

Ooo I din Noe they do newborns n give priority sumore. Gd to hear tt jayien is reacting well to tuina! My gal also vomit milk last time n freak us out.. Din Noe abt tuina then..

sinmey - the EYS near our plc does tuina. the one next to the raffles medical clinic. i brought kirs for it before. she nearly fell aslp. lol. cn go try there. it was a guy who did it for me. quite nice guy. i believe he is there on tues n sats only.

Sigh gave birth on wed n having v bad engorgem. Even my armpits r swollen! Massaged like siao also didn't help so just called tmc 24hr lactation help line. The consultant said nothing I can do cox it will go away after 2 days if not go see lactation consultant. So tired ....

Sorry for complaining just feel abit discouraged abt bf now

Summer mummy, so did u brought ur Bb to seek medical advice when u saw him vomit last time? My boy vomited a little amount of my bm (direct feeding) last night n I just latched him on one breast to sleep at 3am, not sure if will have further vomit. I very worried. Dunno if i should bring him to see doctor later. I also dun feel good to let him eat medicine at so young age leh. Haiz...

Won_mummy, try not to give up if possible. What u been through, many also been there n overcome. Just preserve remember? Who knows u will see result?

After my boy vomited ytd I started back to latch him fully to minimize more wind entering him. Then no time to pump so diligently. Become pumping every 3 hrs. Breast starts to harden again. Sigh already massage n feel so soft n just that I cheat on my usual pumping frequency the breasts harden again... Hope wun affect my supply.

Mummies -

My boy's skin is like peeling off, since day 3 or so... Like those after sun burn kind.... Is it normal? Started ffrom groin area, then creases on wrists, ankles, stomach area...

Doesn't look red or angry, but quite flaky...Don't know whether is he allergic to the kodomo detergent lei... how ah?

Summer mummy, so did u brought ur Bb to seek medical advice when u saw him vomit last time? My boy vomited a little amount of my bm (direct feeding) last night n I just latched him on one breast to sleep at 3am, not sure if will have further vomit. I very worried. Dunno if i should bring him to see doctor later. I also dun feel good to let him eat medicine at so young age leh. Haiz...

Won_mummy, try not to give up if possible. What u been through, many also been there n overcome. Just preserve remember? Who knows u will see result?

After my boy vomited ytd I started back to latch him fully to minimize more wind entering him. Then no time to pump so diligently. Become pumping every 3 hrs. Breast starts to harden again. Sigh already massage n feel so soft n just that I cheat on my usual pumping frequency the breasts harden again... Hope wun affect my supply.

Mummies, I felt v loss n sad..

I bear w all e pain if lumps n do massage n get massage lady clear lumps etc etc but when I pump now (day 5-6) stil don't hav any milk in bottle leh. Wat went wrong? Or is this normal? But if I squeeze nipple then got milk flow liao. I using medal pis adv leh cant b tat bad right? So how? Wat shld I do?

For past few days I tried latch on n supplemt w very little fm like mayh 10ml etc. Hubby juz now juz snap n say mayb I not feeding baby enuff. Really? How much intake do they take now? Per day or per feed? I delivered on tue morning. But I latch on I really dono how much baby took wat.

Kkh say don't bottle feed. So I tried loh. Waa mum n mil make a big hoo ha then keep scolding mi why don't wan bottle feed etc.. I goin crazy liao.

Think I very stressed up ESP w e breastfeeding thingy. Cried dono how many times liao

Fel, it's natural for Bb to have skin peeling off stage. My boy started a few days after birth and now still peeling... CL n my mum say is normal, Bb will change skin after their out. So not to worry. Just let it peel off by itself. Dun go peel his flaky skin hor.

Why all the old generation ppl are so skeptical abt bf n give us so much stress on our determination to bf? My CL n mum also keep asking "enough anot? Squueze to see got milk?" I just squeeze to show them milk flowing out to shut my CL mouth! When my supply haven't really kick in they say I no milk, now that I am able to stock up at least a bottle of ebm in freezer, she suspects my milk got problem that's y cause Bb to vomit. Really fed up! Then when I feed n pump n later Bb wants someone n I know my breast still very full n have enough to feed, she keeps doubting n ask me if bb is sucking n if i have enough n ask me squeeze out milk to prove! I Pengz!! I know my own body loh!

Annie

the vomitting prob due to colic, wind in tummy. if u go see pd, will prob give colic drops. u can get dentinox colic drops off the shelves at pharmacy urself too. Alternatively u may wanna try tuina tt lilprec mentioned. i brought my gal there too, beats taking western medicine all the time...

Fel

lil bit of peeling is norm n it will wear off soon. when bathing, gently rub the peeling skin w water n it'll go away soon =)

Won_mummy - don't give up on bf. Just try to give what you have and dint b stress up. Stress affect milk flow one. Just try to use hot compress n massage Ur breast while pumping I believe the milk flow will b better. U can try fenugreek supplement?? I just bought it n took it since yest. Like gt slight improvement. Can still pump up 30ml after feeding my gal for 25mins. Last time pump out 10-15 ml after feeding

Blueroti just try to massage Ur breast n use hot compress?? That time the Tmc nurse also tell me engorgement u just have to massage n clear the duct one lor.

Annie- I totally agree with u that the older folks just don't believe in bf. My CL even tells me she cook fish soup with papaya won't help me in bf n increase milk flow then tell me If I drink too much my Bb will get colic n stomachache. Dunno if she is just trying excuses Nt to cook that soup for me. My mil also ask me y I bf n not on fm lo. I say I can latch on n Bb feels full n can sleep 2 hrs after that is ok liao.

Ask u all hor, my Bb got some pimples lookalike growing neat her eyes area. What is that?? They say Bb heaty. True a Nt?? Any cure?

Fel> yah baby changing skin.. Nothing to worry abt..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Won_mummy> u have come so far.. Dun give up!! Jiayou!!!!

Annie> it's like that... Some of us have prewarned new mummies of the impending pressure ull face during BF..

That day.. Was it Cynthia? And me was still talking abt wu Ni Bo Ni....

It's like that.. Their generation not educated on BF.. Hence they are very skeptical...

That's why I said before.. Have seen mummies give up due to these noises... Not easy to face these pressure ESP when u have noises everyday.. And coming from own mum & worse, MIL... and sometimes CL also..

Impt to get a CL who's pro BF... Not anti-BF.. They dun need to make our lives worse.. They are supposed to come and help us, giving us an easier time.. Not make life difficult for us...

Jiayou mummies... Squeeze out ur milk and prove them all wrong!!!!

Pls rem rest & plenty of hot fluids!!

Like Milo and soup and longan tea!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rest rest rest as much as u can.. If u need to stop visitors frm

Coming, pls do so...

We need the rest.. A rested mummy = a productive mummy!!

Shirley

My CL says bb will develop pimples-like spots on their face, cos they r trying to clear away "toxic" in their body. dun try to do anything to it.. It'll clear up by itself.

CL

hearing so much complains of anti-BF CLs.. I'm glad mine is v supportive of BF. She's the one tt encouraged me n showed me hw to go abt it when I had no.1. She always say "sure haf milk one!" drink more water, take more soup n go rest.. etc!! We need to hear such statements more often to kip the motivations going..

So jia you to all mommies struggling w the new "moo-ing" role! Sure got Milk one!!

Also, when my Bb cries my CL always think he drinks not enough! Then wanna feed more n more... Sometimes waste my ebm loh! When my hb around I will ask him help to cuddle Javier n my hb can really do a great job in coaxing Javier n making him sleep soundly in his arms! Coz I know Javier had enough of my milk when he release my nipple himself n fall into sleep but at times will make some cranky noise to catch our attention. N if my CL sees it says drink not enough! Pek chek loh! I also think is important to get a CL pro bf but really very hard to find in current market!! My next pregnancy I sure will go find one pro bf! In order not to affect my moo moo career! Luckily I manage to endure for the first few days n pump diligently coz I heartpain to see CL feeds Bb fm. Now that I have ready stock I am glad that my sleepless nights n hardworking attitude are pay off!

But now Bb have some colic problem. Everytime after each feed he will vomit some out n the last two feed (latch on) he only vomit abit like saliva phelgm kind then cough. Make me really worried. Think later me n hb will bring him go see GP whom we have found for his regular vaccination.

Fel: my bb skin also peeling.. The pd said its normal.. Just dun go disturb the peeling skin ya..

Wonmummy: I feel for u.. Cos it's exactly like my mum during first pregnancy. Now its still not too late to up supply. U can do latch then pump after that. Try to pump longer like 25 mins, in between pause for a couple of mins then continue again.. Slowly u will see letdowns..

As for taking care of bb, if it does stress u, just tolerate let your mil take care for the remaining days, then take over yourself after ur confinement.. But is she taking care of yr bb after u go back to work? If yes, u prob hv to close one eye.

Btw during my first born, my Hubby also study part time three times a week... It's not easy trying to balance bf and taking care of bb, but if I can do it, u can too right!! Jia you!!

Blueroti: all of us suffered from the engorgement at the armpits there.. U seek advice from lactation consultant they will ask u to use cold cabbage. Pls don't it reduce supply..

Basically, hot compress on that area, press massage hard hard.. Then pump longer. If bb latch already still continue pumping. That's the only solution

Babybride: I m using pis too... And I can pump 120ml by day 7.

10ml is definitely not enough for bb la.. Then how u make that amount of milk? Some ppl milk comes in between 3-7 days.

There must be a prob somewhere. Did u set yr timing to pump every three hours? Even after latch?

Wah... Then I consider super Heng at least my mil had been vvvv supportive that I bf.. She always said cos kyler is a bf baby so his health is much better which is true...

My mil is over 60+ too...

But my mum opposite, she can comment, that I starved her grandchild la, make him hungry la, so zek ak la.. Piang

2xNB HUGGIES @$13 w free delivery

mummies, anyone keen??

Let me know ASAP...

Delivery can be made tmr & tue only...

Selling cuz RL is already 4.23Kg at birth so already using S size.. Thanks..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

all bravado, LLL, glamourmom, donut, bebe au lait orders

Please send in all orders with Payment by TODAY latest 5pm..

Please PM ME.. thanks..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babybride: dun b discouraged. I oso having lumps & engorging le...

Personally I try hard not to give up too. My bb is given FM for night feed. She woke up abt 2-3 times for night but I only store enough for 1.5 feed. I try to tell myself once the bm supply kicks in I will TBF... Now let bb clear jaundice first... Psycho myself abit... If not I sure end up crying everyday... See her drink fr bottle already sian... FM supplement... More sian... Nipples sore oso sian... Now lumpy breasts... Sigh...

My CL nv say anything. Is my own mother keeps asking me don't latch, cannot see bb drink how much, bb not enuff, give bb water, drink from bottle faster etc... I just ignore her. 2nd time grandma liao, still wanna upset me with bf. My no.1 I oso TBF wat... Sian one leh...

Won mummy , for my #1 .. At one month plus I was stil supplementing fm coz pump not enuf. .. He didn't latch well n took bottle early so prefer bottle.. So need to pump

Every time pump I keep looking at the quantity n time which is a big no no

After tt my fren advise even after latch just pump for fun which works for me.. I did take some

Fenugreek pill

At 2 month plus my boy was on fully BM n latch n I went on have a freezer full of bm when I went back to work

So its not too late .. Try to latch more often

So long poo n pee frequently means got input lor

My mum also never bf me for long coz she say she didnt have milk so I was a formula baby

This time # 2 ... fm was not even mentioned at all coz of coz they saw my production during # 1

Latchig is good ESP at nite .. No need to Make

Milk ..save time[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rach, I'm in love with the newly mastered lying down position for night latch but then I must release another breast coz ah Bo I can't tahan the engorged leh.. But at least i pump one side faster than two sides must set up the parts two sides

fel, i almost fill to the brim for the milkbags... cos i realised the milkbags run out super fast if i fill to 180ml. if i almost fill to the brim, then i prob can save 2 milkbags a day...

Annie> nice rite ?? Good that u mustered the lying down early... Last time I keep delaying trying out that position BECAUSE a nurse in the hospital tried to ask me lie down during my stay and then she said...

"Oh ur nipple too short cannot..." -->>> stuck in my mind that I can't do this position cuz nipple too short... Imagine sitting on the bed 40min EVERY NITE for dunno how long then one fine day I really tired and tried... (that's when Rayanne 4-5mos old?? Can't rem...)

Then initially also kalang kabok....

But ever since I mustered it... Woohoo.. BF is a breeze and not so tiring... As long I'm at home.. Rayanne will latch lying down...

For Raylynn, since Day 1 whenever nurse bring her to me every 3 hrs, I'll say this side, that side.. I'll just lie down and they place baby on the bed for me to latch....

And back home same....

Else u think I dun die during 4-5th day latch 10 times in the nite... Hee...

Encourage mummies who are tired and need rest to try latching lying down... Save u alot backache and give u rest...

U may even fall asleep and wake up with ur nipple in the air and baby soundly asleep...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Evelyn> can just post the address and contact for all ref ba..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

YU GUO Chinese Physician Acupuncture & Physiotherapy Pte Ltd

8-B Jalan Masjid #01-04

Kingston Terrace

Singapore 418929

Tel: 6447 4761

Nearest Mrt: Kembangan

Consultation Hours:

Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri

9-12.30pm

2-5pm

6.30-8.30pm

Sat

9-12.30pm

2-5pm

Sun

9-12.30pm

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi 2nd

Thanks! Didn't know u guys hv enforcement at the armpits too. It is a really horrible feeling. Waiting for my massage lady to turn up tomorrow n hope she can do wonders

Blueroti> when it gets to armpit quite serious le..

I've never had engorgement to armpits cuz by the time breasts already very painful.. If never clear then spread to armpit very Xin ku le...

U gotta massage and latch and pump as often as u can to clear it fast.. I'm sure ur ML can clear it for u..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Fel

abt the lansinoh milkbag. The marking is 180ml but I will store to brim, aprox 300-330ml. Max. Cannot more else freezer burn liao

won mummy

I agree family encouragement v impt, now night time fm, still got chance to pump n latch to boost milk supply. I agree ur B drinks alot per feed but got a % of bm is better than no bm. It's ok for partial one de. Once u can accept this, ur body relax n bm can come along better.

2nights ago I very de sad n low mood. n in the end breast full but cannot letdown for my night feeds, in the end gotta bottle feed n pump. Waste time

my point is, my mood affected my bm production - even for someone who is seasoned n oversupply

u can come to my place to collect my overstocked of bm? I got bags of them at home now. Give u better than in cold storage!

I don mind if u don mind [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tks all mummies. Really happy n glad to b in march thread. U ladies r so helpful n encouraging!!

I will not giv up so soon. Will still try to pump as punctual n as long as I can if possible. See if my supplies comes back. Actually m feeling ok to giv fm cos since day 3 she been taking some le. Just feel emo n v weak that I so easily defeated. Would love to giv her more bm if possible cos it's e best gift for her. I will jiayou!! Let's jiayou together.

Many thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jaster - I see... cord entanglement is very dangerous... I'm so worried of it...

bubblypig - Huh your csect is becos of the induce pill causing stress to bb ar... then cham la... I duno whether I shld go for induce liao *sweat*

won_mummy - dun give up... jia you!!

2k - no. My own mum will quit her job soon to help me take care. Mil from start already say do confinement for me le. Thats y din wanna reject her n hire cl.

Pixie - u r always so sweet. Haha. Bb drinks ur bm then she gonna call u nanny le. Hehe. No worries for now. I will still giv ebm in e day n fm at night. Cos mil don't want to hear her scream at night while waiting for ebm to b warmed. Giv her fm to shut mil mouth also. Else she keep saying Bb drinks ebm can't sleep well.

Rach, I also find another good thing abt the lying down position is that nipple is less painful as compare to cradle hold. I dunno why, maybe is the pressure?? But 1 thing difficult is hard to gauge the wide opening of Bb mouth to put in our nipple. I move, not the Bb leh. I place the Bb on bed then I shift myself to accommodate him n bring my nipple into his mouth coz when he is lying down I find it hard to move him to my nipple. Am I correct?

Back