(2011/03) Mar 2011

rach, sumer mommy - i read the manual before actually.... but guess it never got captured... haha...

Rach: so fast plan gathering!! I think I can join next time..

But I also going to stay at Hm for 40 days.. Kiasee abit but for my own good

Annie: u dun hv hot water at home?? I very Kia see I wash my face brush my teeth wash my hands all with warm water de..

My fingers were numb before give birth always, but now it's back to normal..

I dont wash the parts or bottle, the cl does it..

Straylamb - Just be firm and tell them you want TBF lor... But if you wanna supplement baby with a little FM, it's okay too.. No worries..

On my first night at hospital, bb keep crying whole night also, i ask the nurse to give me one bottle of FM, in case i relent... But i didnt la.. HAha... But in the end day 2 at home i gave Eden some FM also la... Day 2 he also cry like mad the whole night, it's only day 3 onwards he start sleeping (only waking up for milk then back to sleep again) through the night, cos milk supply is in liao...

Aiyo.. I also don't know 34cm is considered big? What's normal then? Haha...

2k/Pixie - I wana ask you a qn...

How do i go about storing milk in those milk bag?

Today is day 7... Usually i feed baby one breast, then pump out the other breast.. The yield for one breast is about 50-60ml now, every three hourly...

How should i do it?

Pump liao put in bottle, put in fridge, three hours later then pour into milk bag?

But bag not full, can pour the next "session" one in, till maybe brim liao then freeze it?

Can guide me on step by step to store in milk bag? Cos first time a bit gong gong... Haha...

Dear mummies, thanks for your well wishes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Happy bday to all mummies celebrating their special day today, it's a nice cooling Friday indeed [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Aaa and baby love, lets jia you together! I hope we'll have a safe and fast one [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Last call for Bravado & Glamourmom nursing tanks and bras

anyone else??

Supplier will order this weekend.. I'll need all orders and payment by tonite...

Please PM me okie...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Fel> must Kok ur head liaoz.. That time I give a detailed step by step on storing EBM...

Think Annie and dunno who copy paste and save it..

Can mummies who saved what I typed copy paste here??

Sooo long I lazy to retype le....

2k> think u delivered before 8march rite??

15april should be over 40 days liaoz...

Mine is 1Mar, and my 40days is 9April.

For Mummies ref, on when ur 40days is..

1mar --> 9apr

2mar --> 10apr

5mar --> 13apr

8mar --> 16apr

Etc etc...

Ops... All the 38mummies can't come... Or if u all dun mind coming out on 39th day, can still join us la... Lol...

Thanks SUmmer'smommy..i will go and take a look athe the nursing pocho.

This morning i nearly wanted to scream at my CL. i told her all my ebm only give to bb when i am not ard or i am doing massage..she happily give it to my bb this morning and say express liao must use y i so stingy..i am so scare that the bb will not want to latch on if she use milk bottles often lor as bb finish milk bottle faster compared to them sucking from our nipples. Now i got to pump out my breast milk already lo coz ML coming...angry.

then worst thing is she even soak the ebm that was just pump out in hot boiling water last nite and luckily i saw it as i was taking a drink. really idiot man. waste all my bm nutrients then everytime say give FM. argh'!! feel like sending her away man. i rather be more tired than to deal with her.

hihi... i have the following to let go...

WTS Natal Care Plus (400mg): Each box of 30 capsules at $14.00 (U.P. $16.05)

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8470/img1140sx.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5936/img1141e.jpg

Natal Care Triplus (625mg) : Each box of 30 capsules at $28.00 (U.P. $32.10)

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6593/img1190o.jpg

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2861/img1191u.jpg

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/9746/img1160a.jpg

All boxes with Expiry 2013.

Bought too many from Dr Adrian.

================================================

An Australian specially balanced formulation that helps fulfill DHA requirement for fetal / baby brain development, and optimizes the brain development of the fetus and infant.

The core element in NATAL CARE PLUS - Natural Fish Oil - contains DHA and EPA, which is particularly needed during pregnancy and lactation. Apart from that, NATAL CARE PLUS also contains Vitamin E, an anti-oxidant that helps to alleviate the negative impact of free radical formation, and increase normal cell function.

================================================

Cash on pick-up/delivery @ Jurong East or Raffles Place.

Kindly PM or leave SMS at 9 876 1872.

Fel: usually I store the express milk in glass bottle in the fridge for 48hours..

Now supply just nice for him so can't store yet.

If u wanna store u should make sure the two yields are of same temperature before u combine together. And depends how much u wanna maximize your milk bag. I usually store 180ml cos I don't like to defroze balance too much,.

Note: ebm smells taste abit diff from freshly pump ones.

Shirley> why dun u and HuBbY sit down and tell CL together ur plans and what ur intentions are...

Initially during Rayanne time, CL and my mum also keep saying Bo Ni Bo Ni... So pek chek.. Though determined but very demoralizing..

So HuBbY come back I complain to HuBbY...

Then he said we will talk to CL..

Next morning, he ask CL sit down.. (she stunned, tot what happened..)

Then he told her we want to BF our babies...

Wu Ni Bo Ni.. She dun have to worry.. Anyway, my milk is coming in.. Though a bit slow...

She just gotta bring baby to me to feed, and at nite give one bottle of ebm or when I'm not ard or can't latch...

So she got the idea and stopped being discouraging..

Cuz that time when she did for me, it was after a long break as a CL.. And she prob didn't see someone as determined as me... Usually ppl nv succeed and she suggest fm.. Most mummies will give in.. Cuz they stress and demoralized MA..

Then #1 time dunno what or how.. So CL tot it's better for everyone(which may be true in terms of rest..) but it's not what i want for my baby!!!

Ever since then, my CL has worked for many other mummies and I guess she prob share my experience or what she experienced at my place and she was telling me how last few houses they all using medela either local set PIS or US Sets freestyle... Hee...

I BF she lagi happy Lo... She no need to feed baby.. Haha...

Rach: shall count when is my 40 days.. I also need to count 100 days cos shifu said number 100th day didi can't go out..

When yours 40 days?

Donut Relief Pack

Naforye Donut Relief Pack (1 Pair)

Breastfeeding Mum’s saviour!

- Immediate and effective warming or cooling relief to help ease the discomfort of engorgement, blocked ducts and mastitis (breast inflammation)

- This donuts relief packs uses food-grade gel which is non-toxic and does not solidify even after refrigeration. It can endure unlimited number of cold and hot cycles.

- After childbirth : when breasts are swollen and ache, use the cold applying to ease the pain effectively.

- Before breastfeeding : use the warm applying to help unblock mammary glands and facilitate lactation

Measurement:

- 12cm (outer diameter)

- 3.5cm (inner hole diameter)

How to use the warm press:

i) Put hot water (about 80 degree celsius) in a container.

ii) Place the pack in the square-shaped cover provided. (Please make sure do this step to prolong the number of cycles use for the pack)

iii) Place the wrapped pack in the hot water up to 7 mins

iv) Take out the warm packs. Dry it and place it in the inner pocket of nursing bra

How to use the cold press:

i) Place the pack in the freezer for over 2 hrs.

ii) Place the chilled pack in the inner pocket of nursing bra

those who need, PLS PM ME..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Posted on Friday, March 11, 2011 - 6:59 am:       

15 April gathering @ ION

1. Rach

2. Annie

3. Caecilia

4. Fel

5. Shirley

6. Evelyn

7. Jaime

8. May

Hey I would like to join as I am still on leave....

Shirley, very good, let's share cab together n we can take care of each other n help each other in case Bb cries or what. What is your no.? Pm me??

Fel, I have the steps to store ebm from Rach's guide n I already sort it out nicely in a doc. What's ur email add? I send to u later when I on my comp, now I using iPhone to surf cannot send.

Straylamb, first few nights if really not enough bm n tired u need to rest, sub some fm in the night (dun feel bad although I Noe is hard) then pump diligently every 2 hrs for 15 mins each session (dun over pump if not ur nipples will sore), if u using Medela FS pump, set ur stimulation level at Lvl 5 and at expression phase at Lvl 7. Keep doing this until u have 800-1000ml a day (keep record of ur each output n total up at the end of day) then u change to every 3 hrs pump 15 mins. U just need to do this 1-2 days, trust me, u will realize ur output can catch up ur Bb demand n u can kick off the fm in just 1-2 days time. Then slowly u will see ur milk in fridge Liao. I already have 1 full Medela bottle going up freezer le. Hope it helps. This is taught by my expert ML . We first time mummies who has no milk b4 need to stimulate our brain n breast in order for milk supply to kick in n work for us the way we want, so this 2 hrs pumping is the stimulation process which we need to endure.

If at night u need to catch more sleep, make 12am ur last pump then 3am, follow by 6 am then back to 2hrs pump after 6 am which is at 8 am. If u latch both breast for 10 mins each side then u can skip 1 pumping session but remember must pump or latch every 2 hrs!!

Adding on to my previous post on how to stimulate milk supply, remember to drink half a mug of hot fluid b4 pump n after pump drink another half mug of fluid. Massage ur breast for few mins b4 pump n remember to rest much in between pump session coz when u rest more, ur milk will increase.

2k> got see my tables of dates for 40days MA??

Annie> level 5&7 my breasts wil pik jiak!!!

I'm stimulating at level 3 and pumping at 3/4....

Anything more than 4 I will die....

Posted on Friday, March 11, 2011 - 9:14 am:       

2k> think u delivered before 8march rite??

15april should be over 40 days liaoz...

Mine is 1Mar, and my 40days is 9April.

For Mummies ref, on when ur 40days is..

1mar --> 9apr

2mar --> 10apr

5mar --> 13apr

8mar --> 16apr

Etc etc...

Ops... All the 38mummies can't come... Or if u all dun mind coming out on 39th day, can still join us la... Lol...

2Ks/ lilprecious: thanks for e advise. I been started to gif fm at nite for one feed, the other feed i will ask her to use my ebm. I'm worried bb will differentiate frm milk bottle and latching as the flow will b slower for latching. Any idea Wat is the normal intake for bb? I try gifin her 60ml of fm but less than 2 hr time, she hungry again so I latch both sides for 15 mins and feed her 40ml of fm again.. Don't know if it's too much for her..

Mummies wif swollen leg, endure it for few more days.. My legs finali recover slightly frm the swellin.. No more pig legs le..

Jaster: when u starting ur massage? Dr told mi tat I can't massage for first 2 wks Onli.. But I'm scared if I massage in e 3rd wk, duno will affect e wound anot and if dun massage, hw to slim e tummy.. U gt put any binder?

Annie,

thank you! =P useful info! was just asking rach over pm regarding the steps in pumping! hahaa.. =P

2ks, lilprecious,

sigh... i darn stupid also lah... yday then remember i've got 2 sterilizer can! haven't read up on how to use the other one but is now sitting in my bedroom... u mean it's okie to wash the bottles and all in the toilet? i find it so unhygenic leh! I wash myself with very warm water.. but it's tap water lor... lazy to go downstairs n get boiled water also!

rach,

pm you liao! i need the donut relief pack!

ehhh.. outing! i'll love to!!! i see if i can escape my mom's clutch... but hor.. can i not bring bb... i scared!!!

Rach, even if I'm not yet 40 days I will still go but I am after 40 days on 15 April! Haha... Anyway I am not so strict on my confinement. See I still washed my hair ytd (actually I bathed my whole body n head the next day after delivery le) then I also keep washing hands under tap water (Bo bian need to fast fast, if wanna make warm water everytime I 1 day dunno must make how many times! I like to keep my hands clean ESP pumping milk n touching Bb. But I will wipe dry my hands fast after washing.

Rach, I also thought painful with Lvl 5/7 but I just follow what my ML taught me, I trust her n I really see result. She said u nv try, u nv know if ur nipples can take it. Ur nipples will adapt to it fast. She said it is not the duration of pump but the intensity to draw out milk. Bf should be an enjoyable process, 15 mins every 3hrs (after u have enough milk) is what u need. We manage our supply coz we want enough milk, not under or over supply. Over supply of milk will be an headache also coz the storing of milk n because u have too much milk, u need to pump more frequently in order to release ur full breast. She sounds very professional n logical so I trust her n follow her steps n only 3rd day of service n lesson from her I already stored up 2 bottles of ebm in freezer le.

Btw, my breast now can use Lvl 5/8 to pump without pain now. What she said was true, my nipples really adapt to it. If u ever read the manual instruction, it says the most effective expressing of milk is at Lvl 9 which is the highest.

Lilprecious - I put on 18 kg with #1 and didn't lose it all so knew I had to control with # 2 and put on 11kg. Can't wait to start going on walks soon and then join a gym after, sian of being fat.

Last night was crazy, bb woke up at 3.15 and she didn't sleep till 6plus, my poor husband keena go to work like a zombie! But it's cos she need to poop, didn't poo the whole day made me so worried, then pooped so much had to feed again and top up with formula, blah.

I would like to meet everyone on the 15th. if #1 takes to daycare well, no issues.

Wahhh type one lot n all gone.. Dread typing on iPhone sometimes.. =/

Summers mommy: yup! I can't wait to go out.. Wahahaha. Ok! Set, I go yr place.. Haha.. Jayien's full month last wk or March.. Aft yr Skye's full month la, den we plan at yr plc.. =Pp

Rach: I wanna join on 15th too.. But hor, do u think it's better tt we do it in someones place den outside? Hurhur.. Think it's easier for first time mummies also.. At least they don haf to worry about handling the nb outside n feeding n all.. Don say first time mummies, think I m so scared I can't handle Jav n Jay alone myself w no help also... At least we can lie bb down n all n can feed n do wadever we want.. Keke.. Wad do u think? We can order things to eat or haf potluck.. Heeee. Anyone wanna offer the house? =Pp I don mind holding at my plc, but aft lift upgrading finishes.. Cos if nt u all will breathe in 'magic dust'.. Wakaka.. I tot we cld go out fr gatherings aft bb is slightly older n we all haf experience

handling them outside alrdy..=))

Annie: I realised I haven pm u my no.. Hahaha. I shall do it aft my this post.. Wahaha..

Ehh, best nt to touch tap water ya, I also using boiled water to brush teeth, wash face n bathe.. My CL washes all the stuffs n bathes Jav for me.. Ask yr CL wash yr pump n all, it's her job.. =Pp

ehh, lvl 5 n 7 is too much for me also leh.. I use 4 n feel enuf Liao.. If nt think my nipples will 升天..

Bubblypig: if u worry yr bb will differentiate btw bottles n yr nipples, y don u try cupfeeding or spoonfeeding yr ebm? =))

think diff bb diff amt of feeds needed.. Depends bb big or small.. Jayien taking 80-90ml every 2.5 to 3 hrly feeds.. =D

Jaster: haha, or u put boiled water in vacuum flask n bring up? Den u no need keep walking up n dwn? Den use boiled water wash le den sterilize? Rest more!!!!

M: i controlled my diet this round w Jay also.. Put on 20kg for Jav, didn't lose 4kg n had Jay n put on another 17kg.. Wahhh. I'm more Fat lo.. =S boohooo..

lilprecious,

that's a great idea! hmm... so it's better not to do the washing in the toilet rite?

but need to use the baby dish washer fluid or not huh? i've been washing with that everytime before i sterilize! =( so sian...

is it okie that i warm up the BM in the fridge and keep it warm in the warmer till bb wakes up? or is there a time frame that within how many hours after taking out frm the fridge bb got to drink it?

Jaster: hmmm, think use the liquid n wash is needed.. To wash away the milk stains n all.. I think u warm up before bb needa drink better, if nt I scared the nutrients will disappear leh...

Hi mommies

Just to update I delivered my boy via c sec this morning. 2.96kg. Waited v long at delivery ward cos there are many people today. All single rooms n premier roomscare full also. Sharing 2 bedded with someone now. Haven't seen my bb after I left the operating theatre. Think the service here not as Gd as mount A.

I wana ask, will the nurse auto bring bb in to menor I must ask? And for birth registration, when can I do it in tmc? They nvr gv me any documents also.

Gathering @ home:

I can offer my place!

but its in the east. If mommies dun mind traveling, can come my place, then we can order mac/pizza/kfc.. anything u all like..

can put the bb down on mattress, mommies chat n BF at ease also. U all vote n let me noe =)

congrats baby_love... wah! today so many give birth ah? cos nice date mah... 11/03/11... hehee..

yes they will bring the bb to you.. probably in 1 or and 1 and a half hours time.. they need to let bb adjust to the tempertature first... so in the "warmer"...

the docs should be with your hubby when he the registration for you dear.. =) have to go down to the counter to get it down..

lilprecious,

hmmm.. okie! noted! =) hehee... will see how i can arrange to make life easier for myself... tonite going to see gynae for followup.. hopefully he's not going to tell me.."your wound splitted ope and need to restitch!" i'll faint on the spot!

Congrats to Straylamb..hmm..it a long labour almost 30 hrs..but everytin is worth it after you see your bb..

congrats to BABYLOVE and believe AAA is having her c section today too...

GATHERING- interested but hor I still don kw when my 40 days is ..LOL..mb in May if still got gathering bah..someone's house is more ideal though..

Thanks Jaster. 

Mount A is better in my opinion. At tmc, u are left on your own and no one bothers abt u. Not so friendly and personal. Hee

lilprecious/summermommy: i'm fine with either ION or Summer's home [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

let me know once decided ya!

Bubblypig: it depends on individual bb, some babies intake smaller some bigger..

If I m u, I will do it this way, I latch 15 mins each side already right. I stop but bb back to cot. If bb cries after an hour or so, I check if any wet diapers or poo.. If dun hv bb still not settle down, I give my expressed milk, a little less than usual cos I dun want overfeed...

Then repeat cycle.. Cos no point I latch again after an hour cos prob the breasts not producing yet and that hour u prob not enough rest or didn't take any fluids..

But the round of bottle feeding I let cl do do that I can rest and build my supply..

This is only my suggestion la, u can gauge yourself.. Just remember, lots of rest then good for u and bb.. Stress no milk de..

Do it slowly, don't expect that everyday there is increase in milk output.. Relax and u win half the battle..

For me even day 5, I m producing ranges from 70-100ml per three hourly pumping alternating with latching..

But I m not pushing myself... To me supply enough for him everyday I m satisfied le..

Take it easy and I believed u can do it!!

2ks,

your advices always so assuring!

bubblypig,

i was also very stressed up the supply so much so that was so obsessed with it that i forgot being a good mother doesn't mean that i'll have to supply totally on BM.. =) a happy mother is whom can shower a bb with lots of tender loving care! so jia you jia you!!!

M,

noted with thanks! oops... just now was over an hour but kept warm in the warmer lah... =P hehehe..

15 April gathering @ ION

1. Rach

2. Annie

3. Caecilia

4. Fel

5. Shirley

6. Evelyn

7. Jaime

8. May

9. Pixiepixel

I see salah ley i tot 15 march!

Afternoon Mummies!!

Congrats to babylove and aaa!!

Mummies, need your opinion... if gynae suggest few days before EDD induce and its 50-50 chance cos may end up e-csect if cervix does not dilate... will you induce or opt for elective csect or wait till EDD then see how??

lailai - wanna ask you abt the similac bb bag... you rec'd it via your letterbox or they delivery to your doorstep? Haven rec'd mine yet...

xiaofeizhu,

I was also told about the 50-50 chance may end up c sect. But I still chose to induce.

I just received the similac bb bag this morning. Postman delivered to my doorstep. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Congrats to all who have popped these few days!

Back