(2011/03) Mar 2011

esnow, ur post made me laugh until almost flip off my chair. Lolx.

Hubby said Thomson changed their management, could this be the reason why they are taking away the good old practices?

I also feel very sad if we wun be include in the new improve baby bonus scheme.. hopefully they will do a back date like annoucement in Aug 2011, but with effect from Jan 2011?

Heehee..

bee and Linda, wah.. so heng leh, I also got buy from time to time. But so far only got a $20 from Toto back in 2008 =P

Any mummies experienced nose blocked at night?

allets. this wk is also my 35wk. same w u.

ya, my hb said this too..me heng ah.!

so far he got only 60bucks.

i got the most so far 5k, frm yest 4d.

allets, my stretchmarks are all appearing below my belly button. I could hardly see unless I get Hubby to photographed it for me.

Looks horrible -_-

And I also got pigmentation in the same area too. Horrible X 2.

Coconut, I find it very diff to find leh.

If buy from NTUC, how to cut it huh?

Fish- ya lor cos I dun no that time I saw a post saying tmc upgrade for free so at least confirm

Esnow- I nvr ask them abt 4 bedded if dun have then sleep in corridor ?

But the admission say if no 4 bedded, they will ask u to pay $$ for 2. Bedded cos they have alot of 2 bedded

esnow, ya lor, i told my hub might have no more free upgrade, then he asked me the same question, I also told him corridor. haha.

Linda, if they tell me no 4 bedded, i say i got no money for 2 bedded lor. hee.

milktea, ya lor, changed mgmt since that Peter guy bought over. Btw, me no nose block, only nose bleed. Worse!

bee, 5k! So filled with envy now.

Lil and all-

I finished my checkup and doc did a vaginal swab for me since he say play safe since I be gg for vaginal birth- better make sure no bacteria when giving birth;)

My girl is down but no yet engaged- most likely next week will engaged

Abt my vaginal acute pain- is contraction pain but no labour pain. Alhough my edd is 4 march- he already pushed forward 28 feb, now he even tell me to standby next week.. By then my girl is only 38 weeks and he assured me is safe Liao!

Ask me if I experience more contraction- dun count Liao! Just straight away head down to delivery ward for monitoring. He say counting make it worse cos by then who know if delivery is make at home haaa

i feel the same when my MIL strike my ROM number last time..haha!

if gana 50k, think i will feel the impact..now still feel normal..haha!

anyway...still need to work hard for a living..hehe!

Linda,

hahaha... am just curious what they will do if we are unwilling to pay more. :p

By the way, is it true that only single bedded are allowed to do bf at night? will the nurses push our bb to us if we stay in 2 or 4 bedded? Actually, I am still undecided on how many beds to choose but night feed could be a factor for me..

Chen

I told the admin if worse to worse cases where there is no 2 bedded & I dun wan 4 bedded, then how ?

She say it won't happen to 2 bedded one but more for 1 bedded cate,

Worse to worse- she say: fork out $$$ to single room again. If single Bo- then premier..... Pay what we stay.. All abt money lor;)

Esnow

If u are firm on breastfeeding totally- they will place a tag for marking that baby will be in total bf. You can choose to ask the nurse to push back every time after your feeding and before feeding

That is wat happen when I delivered my no1 in mt a. But I heard quite lot of feedback abt tmc not pro breast feeding like mt a

So still up to us to instruct the nurses.

bbe and milk tea,

can help me pls?

hi any mummies took strep B test?

when do we have to take this test?

Also when do we start taking coconut water? is it once a week?

I also must make sure die die recognize whoever the nurse that is gg to push my girl back to nursery room cos I dun no if they will misplace anot??? Jialat mummy- tik so far this round rite???? Cos my Sis Neighbour just gave birth last month and was angry with the nurses when she went to toilet and the nurses just place her bb in the room and imagine she was in toilet for 30 mins. !!!

esnow, tmc will push bb to u for bf, regardless of how many bedded. Just tell them u wana total bf, they will wake u up to bf. Only diff is, bb can't stay with us through the night other than one bedded.

milktea, if get those thai coconut frm ntuc, easy to open. Just use the back of chopper slab to hit the top of coconut, it will open liao. That's what I do la.

Talking abt bb bonus scheme... When I had no. 1 alrdy lugi cos my gal was Feb08 n e scheme revised in Aug08. Looks like this yr I going to lugi again... Sigh...

Chen - u meant bb cannot sleep w us thru out the nite?

So correct me if i m Wrong

they will still push bb to us so long nitE or day so long bb is hungry rite??

Wah the thread is back alive..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

When I have time To type I share my fren's confinement experience with only MIL, emer c section, and how exhausted mil, HB and herself is....

Morale of story: get a CL!!

Some money can't be saved!!

Fel> pm me if u need more info on baby hospitalization plans..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chen,

Thanks for the clarification! =)

will discuss with hb again on the room type (or corridor if 4 bedded is oos).. :p

ANGELIA- true ...support lah..

BEE- you are so lucky!

Toking about new bb bonus, if the govt really decide to review(subject to the 3K survey), those who are trrying for dragon should be in time lah..hahahah

hai all,

feel so much better now but still have mood swing once in a while

wah lots of mummies may give birth earlier. for me, i dont think i will be that lucky. think will only give birth on or after edd. so its like 2 months waiting time for me

still havent prepare the room, clothes,etc. think i will only prepare all this next week

lilprecious : when is ur next appt? im going to see Dr.Ong on wed. any chance we can meet :p

ohhh btw im going to watch a concert on wed night, think should be okay right? hope the loud music wont scare the baby

Linda,

Adrian did the V test on you??? last week he said he will do it for me mid Feb..but after he scan my BB, he said i might delivery earlier.. so i wonder if he will do this V test on me tmr or not!!! haha!!! pain ma???

Wow... pushed forward to 28 feb.. that is almost one week earlier than your pervious EDD wor.. wat is your gal gal weight now???

Angelia- when is your edd? Tot normally no2 shld be fast n early cos that is wat my gynae told me.

Imagine from edd 4'march to 28 feb and now say standby by next week! Still joke with me saying on valentine day! My hub birthday !

Loud music - my baby dun like it so I dun no abt your bOy. But I know if so loud- not good for bb lei

Angelina: concert should be ok bah... I went watch Sammie change concert previously and just now dragon dance and lion dance at my work place leh...

Fish- yes. The vaginal swab is to check if there is any bacteria since I will be gg for natural birth and he Checked that my vaginal is curve and bit of swollen Liao.

Is not pain- more like an ant bite scoop Here n there. Less than 10 sec I can say

My girl now weight at 36 weeks 3 days @ 2.6 kg,'she gained 400gm from 2 weeks. And I gained 2 kg[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] which is now 63 kg;)

Probably another 2 weeks or less, My girl will gain another. 600 to make her weight 3.2 as stated by doc AT

Fish - infact- he asked me to standby my bag by next week Liao! Cos he told me to look out for contraction pain and dun count- just feel e pains- go in labour ward.... He say he duh like counting cos so lay say

2Ks-- you catch Sammi concert..? the most recent one or the earlier one....pity I din go leh miss it..but I like her cantopop songs..

tinking of catching Jacky Cheung one in August..

Linda, wow.. exciting sia!!!!! but why your Vaginal is curve and abit swollen le? meaning ur vaginal is preparing herself to delivery your gal anytime from now, that why will be curve and swollen????

wow... he asked you to standby nx week le wor!!! that's reli FAST.... when is your nx appointment with him??? I getting more n more stress... he said to u to look out for contraction pain... but until now, i'm still blur how cto know wat is ontraction pain... haha!! i dont even reli very clear wat is Braxton Hicks contractions...

so.. reli dono how to monitor as EDD is getting closer and closer...

bee, you also got nose blocked at nite?

I wonder isit common or that I've caught the flu bug. But it's been a week liao I think.

This one month before EDD is reli xinku. Esp water retention leh, even my hands also kana despite me drinking lotsa water liao.

I tried to cut down on cold drinks hoping that my legs will feel better but the heat in my body very diff to manage also.

Sibei challenging loh.

Sunesis, that means if they announced the review policy in Aug then we will miss loh. Chey.. I tot they might backdate the policy =P

Coz the $4K baby bonus are also given to us via installment mode mah. Sianz 1/2.

Jazz2, help you with what? To tio 4D? Only Bee and Linda strike, I still trying. Heehee..

Chen, my house no chopper leh. Hahaa.. coz I seldom cook so haven buy chopper. It looks scary to me. Hahaa..

So to use those medium size knife abit diff to cut the coconut top right?

Do you think I need to get a chopper since confinement nanny will be cooking for a month?

starfruit, I bought the Jacky Cheung tiks le! Heh heh..

Very heartpain, it took me two night to finally proceed with the purchase.

Coz the $$ can be put to better use to buy baby stuff.

But Aug is my bday, so finally decided to go for it.

Lai lai, you trying for dragon baby?

But can manage or not?

After dragon is what ah?

I wanted two kids and dun want them age gap too big also.

But seriously, I don't know we can manage or not. Hahaa..

woah.. the thread is alive again....

Jazz, not too sure, think it's just a swab at mei mei area to test for virus.. me going for mine later and I'm sure my gynae will nag coz i've put on wt, say abt 1+kg over the CNY period... hope bb too, if not than, jia lat!

huh? We will missed out on the revised bb bonus, so lugi....!!!!

yes, milktea.. dun know how to tahan for the next 1 month, i have diffculties in sleeping, sitting. I'm sleeping @ 4am every days since CNY eve, dun know to 'tong' when i go to work sia!

RAch: I also heard abt stories w/o CL, byt hor, when speaking to my cousin yesterday, seems like to have CL and helper, it's a little to 'extravagant' too! but i told my hb, too bad, all arrangments is made... just have to deal w it!

Got lotsa diapers over the weekend, just two packets of new born, cos I know the lil one will be more than 3kg [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Still haven't packed my bag cos we were enjoying the long break [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] with #1.

bee: thank u, yup.. I'll drown myself n Jav w water. Hehehehe.

Pinky: yeaa.. I feel for u too. When both sick n so clingy to us.. N he wans me to carry too. Which I'll reject cos my tummy isn't too well alrdy..w the pain n all. N tts y he's crying n crying. N my hb is working today n tmr.. Sigh! Hey, better bring Sunay to his normal pd n bring his fever dwn.. Hope

both of them n us feel better soon!!! =S

Linda: glad to hear all is well.. Hehe, I'm excited fr u too! Meaning u cld jus gif birth anytime soon! Hurhur.. Tk care ya.. So, as long as u gt contractions, no matter it's 15 mins or 5 mins apart mus go dwn to hospital straight cos it's #2 easier to come out isit?

2Ks: wahh! 2hrs work only.. Hee.. I like Sammi too but nvr got to go.. =( so Kyler stayed hm when u went? Or u brought him.. =X

Starfruit: I was thinkin of going Jacky's too!!! But... Dono gif who take care of both the kiddos. =.=

lailai: wahh!! But dragon lotsa competition n harder to find schs next time leh.. =Pp

Angelina: I'm going only next wk.. =))

=( hiya ladies... sad ah... i just bump my tum tum into the table again!!! sob sob sob... coming to week 37... can't wait for him to pop!!! although i'm not prepared yet!!! haha...

Talk abt bump tummy into table.... during reunion dinner, I nearly toppled the entire table of food when I was too enthusiatic standing up to lo hei!!

wah lau, can imagine those pple at the nearby tables turned around and looked at us, when we screamed while trying to stabilize the table. Sibei malu.... My ah lau was laughing away, instead of asking whether i am alright. My dad was commenting lucky bb turn downwards liao, if not me this blur mommy would have given him a bump at his head. #$%^&*(

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

milktea..ya..i also thought i affect by my boy again..but it seems not likely.

hmm.. the nose block will come in the nite at 7plus, and not in the day leh..

anyway, i put fengyou if it really got worse at nite, till i cant take in air.

Fish- u must keep asking him questions - maybe he see me everytime like kan chong type la. So he will answer most of my questions... Haaa

The vaginal is like curve shape to prepare for delivery soon. So maybe tmr when u see him- u ask him questions like when do I know I dilute, what is contrctn pain, labor pain??

And ask if he can check your vaginal lor;) cos u dun have the same pain as mine.

I even ask him bb water level. Cos if level is low- mean bb is stress inside and possibility go for c-sec for such cases... Since he keep telling me dun worry, baby okay, in good hand. Then just standby Liao..

Anyway my checkup changed to weekly Liao. So next mon will be seeing him n standby mode;)

Lil- my gynae mentioned to me one thing today.

He told me: whether u gave birth 10 yrs back or 3 years back, our body is very smart to identify the pains and inform us what to do. There goes for no2 as he told me will come out fast n normally earlier than edd by 2 or 3 weeks.

I say wow! That is still very fragile lei.. He say infact so long bb is 38 and above. Is consider safe !

linda, yup, if yrs is not one bedded, the baby needs to go back to nursery after every feed. Cos they're afraid it'll disturb other mummies. If it's feeding time, they will push the baby to you. They will ask if u're ok with night feed, whether u prefer to sleep or feed. But ya, I think mt A is more prompt in pushing bb to u after bith. At TMC, I waited about 4hrs after birth before i get to see my bb lor. It's also better to latch soon after birth. Duno why tmc is slow in that...

milktea, the medium sized knife shld be ok too. Rather easy to open.

rach, dun frighten me lei, I've only got me and my mum during confinement. Was it yr fren's 1st born?

hello mummies, how was your long weekend??

time for us to be ready for bb liao hor?

nowadays apart from unable to sit or lie down on my sides while sleeping, i can't lie on my back too coz i will have difficulties breathing and i can stopped breathing few times a night. sibeh sianz....my organs kena squashed so cannot breathe properly liao

Linda,

yes yes.. I also 'upgraded' to weekly check up since last week...

actually i do like to ask him questions, but everytime i ask him question, he will sound like, why u ask this kind of question at this stage, it is still early...then make me dono wat to ask him next already!!!!!

Hi mummies,

I have started to drink coconut juice during CNY...(in my 36 weeks)...cannot tolerate the hot weather and i am hving sore throat right now.

Any mummies is experiencing nausea feeling again? the one mth before EDD is very difficult to "dong"...cant sleep well & eat well, nausea feeling, clumsy, breathless....I just cant wait for him to pop...!!

I am also having yeast infection. inserted 3 pills but still not fully recovered. The itchiness is still there....super irritating~

jazz2

i think even increased; maybe only max .5 to 1 mth...or flexi leave lor...

we can only speculate hor

i think the crux is more work-life balance. else no one will want to have babies if we cannot spend quality time to bond with our children. but govt no matter how they announce, companies dont join in the initiative, we oso cannot achieve this work life balance one lar...just running around in circles

ST

i started coconut 1 mth ago liao... infact i started drinking real early, coz i did the same for my #1 too. i just like coconut too much heee i have like half a dozen sitting in my fridge right now :p

Chen> yes my fren #1....

but with #2, I think worse cuz u have same ppl taking care of 1 toddler n 1 NB... Toddler need alot attention...

CL & helper too extravagant:

Forgot which mummy post.. Lazy to scroll up...

I would think depends on what u want...

I want to rest and concentrate on BF #2.

So I need helper to take care of Rayanne + household chores.

CL take care of me + NB n cook..

So there's no overlap of duties at all..

I know everyones taken care of n I can rest in peace...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back