(2011/03) Mar 2011

Linda,

I wana tell u that too! peanut can cause BB to have asthmas.. but in wat way to eat peanuts will not cause this, i have no idea.. so... try not to eat peanut but to eat other nuts... like walnut..

Blizzbless,

Yes.. i experienced that too... but liquid white discharge... i asked gynae, he said it's very normal! our body is changing now...so.. dont worry for that..

fish - okay- thanks for your concern. I already throw away the peanuts which i bought yest from cold storage..hee[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

the charge for engaging a CL.. does it include of buying all the ingredients in that whole months? or we have to pay her everyday for the ingredients she bought from market?

no

is only for her service. The food- either you can bring her to market to buy or she can buy it herself.

The best is to get your parents to help to buy for 1 week, every week stock up supply...

Fish: only her salary for taking care of u n bb n some housework. Everything else u wanna eat or buy gotta give her money everyday to buy...

Linda - When is your EDD?

Wow... Everyone is so fast in talking about breast pump, CL and doc's visit.

What's the difference between triple blood test and oscar test/? Are both necessary?

Hi gals,

Can I join you all?

I just went for my gyane checkup today and i can see bb's heartbeat liao. So happy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nick: baby_love

Bb # 3

doc: Dr Ho HK

Hospital: MT A

Edd: 14 March 11

Home: woodlands

Hi all MTB,

I'm new here and this will be my first bb

I've gone to check w dr, that i'm now 6th weeks+

my EDD is 01 Mar, but doctor said he will review again on my 2nd appt bcoz the bb is still very small

on my 2nd appt, i can start to sign the antenatal pkg. but we just met the doctor 1 time.

found this doctor from some other forums, not sure how good he is.

the reason that we choose him is bcoz it's at tiong bahru, which is near my place.

read some other antenatal pkg which is only start from 12nd week

have anyone of u heard abt dr Woo bit hwa?

he is practising in tiong bahru and sengkang (if i'm not mistaken)

his antenatal pkg is $650 (before GST) and can start from 2nd appt which is that time, i'll be on 9th wks

me and my hub are quite blur now, coz this is our first bb and a lot of ppl said don't tell too many ppl so we can't ask our frends.

and in fact we are not preparing to have bb now.

so this is gift from God

that's y i put my username as by His grace ^.^

baby love, congrats and welcome.

Esther, antenatal pkg usually begins at 12th week, when the preg is said to be more stable. Just be comfortable with yr gynae, the most impt factor.

Hi Baby_Love and Esth3r,

congrat to u two and welcome here!!

i'm also 1st time mummy, so. i learn alot from here! quite useful i find it!

Esth3r,

Since u had your 1st appointment, then u should start looking for which hospital you wana to delivery. coz some gynae might only be able to go a certain hospitals for delivery.

Annie,

Not working today??? i have not been eating since morning, but i feel so hungry.. but when i see food.. i reli sian1!!! stone!!! wanted to eat plain bread also feel sian!!! haiyo!!!

dono wat i wana!!!

Blizzbless,

yup, i also don't kno why the doctor told me i'm on 6th weeks +, but the EDD is 01 March.

Will get a better picture after 2nd appt

Fish Hu,

yup i hope can learn a lot of things fr u all

coz i'm really blur now.

Dr Woo Bit Hwa has the delivery package from TMC and M.A

the nurse has shown me the package, but i can't really remember (have to look for the paper).

i read few comments abt him which is quite true during my 1st visit : he is a quiet person, looks quite nice, we need to ask him question then he will answer

but we don't kno what to ask ler [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

he asked us, "do u have any questions for me?"

we asked, emm what are the foods that we should avoid? dat's the only question

we also don't know what to ask too hahahahahaha

how abt ur gynae? are they talkative?

If everything goes well, maybe i'll delivery at TMC, if not, i'll consider RH or other hospitals.

are most of u choose M.A or TMC?

do you all have info abt delivery package?

mind to share? pls pm me at [email protected]

yesterday night i went for scan, just for a peace of mind.

as my cycle is long, the gynae (based on the size of the sac) says that im only 5.5 weeks...

her scan is ex! its 100bucks per scan!

my next scan is in aug...which i will be 8weeks

baby_love

welcome, you are having baby#3!! power~~~~

rach

i just run to another gynae near my house to check on my "baby".....just for a peace of mind...

my 1st "official" appt with dr koh is on 6th aug - my hb's bday...

supposedly on 27th july but i dont want to make a wasted trip scared cannot hear heartbeat so i delayed the visit

hihi ladies

guess tis will b my laz post. did my blds n scans. dr confirmed that i hav blighted ovum. will be gg for D&C tis mondae. wish everyone a smooth pregnancy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Esth3r,

actually this week should be ur 7th week le ma! haha!! nvm... as according to the gals here.. they said.... EDD will always change, gynae will measure the BB size and re-calculate the EDD again!!!

Hi!

I should be towards 5 weeks pregnant. Yet to see a gynae yet as my earliest appt is 27 July.

Is it normal to experience some "menses" like cramp, some tugs and pulls near the ovary area? After tested +ve on many pregnancy kits, and this constant "menses" like feelings, very worrying feel that the real menses might really come @.@|||

And if anybody here whose breast already heavy and getting bigger? As mine did already and wondering if this should actually happen at a later stage then now.

Blessings,

Most of the gals here experiences cramp.. they said is becoz the womb is growing, so we will experience the cramp...

for my nipple, before i suspect i pregnant 3 weeks ago, my nipples get so hard n pain... cant even touch it... then even now i still feel pain.. juz used to it and try not to touch it..

then my breast get slightly bigger, even my female colleagues also notice tt.. asked me why my breast look bigger now (they still dono i'm pregnant).. so i tell them i wear good push up bra!! wahahaha!!!

and i was told that, at later stage/after we give birth, when we have milk supply, our breast will be even bigger and bigger!!!

Morning Fish!

My nipples r still alright. Except my breast like watermelons now. Am a..or rather was a 36C..now it swelled so much like its already a D and even walking down the stairs or when I unintentionally brushed against my breast, really hurts like hell.

I even joked to my husband that by mid term, my breasts would be bigger than my head!

Thought after giving birth, would not remain or grow bigger right?? This is a frightening thought even to think of it!

Does anybody knows Dr. Jocelyn Wong @ TMC packages and her delivery packages? My gynae is her and past threads on her doesn't seems to say much about her packages.

I have tons of NWT dresses (most babydolls and empire) so i guess I can last thru at least to the 2nd trimester. LOL but boobs wise, probably seriously need to buy haha

Blizzbless, think Eu Yan Sang has a few TCM clinics around in SG. Perhaps u wanna check out their website?

http://www.euyansang.com/

But they tend to be very expensive. If cheaper and safer alternative and you don't mind the travel, you can try Zhong Hwa Chinese Hospital. They have a fertility Department and rates are flat. Cheaper in the long run.

pixelpixel,

yap. I love kids. Hopefully this preg will be smooth. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

You seeing dr jocelyn wong? I saw her b4 also, she is a very nice lady.

Blizzbless,

Here's details abt Zhong Hua Hospital.

Chung Hwa Medical Institution, Toa Payoh Head Quarter

3rd Floor, Singapore College of Traditional Chinese Medicine office

640, Lorong 4, Toa Payoh Singapore 319522

Tel: 65-6250 3088 Fax: 65-6356 9901

Email address: [email protected]

Baby_love, ya heard from forum and reviews she's good. But cost wise, rather like unknown for the recent years. Heard her package does not include scans.

Tks Blessings..

Do u know roughly how much does Eu Yan Sang charge?

Does the Zhong Hua at woodland branch have fertility department?

Hi Blizzbless,

No mention :)

Erm... I didn't go EYS clinic as just their off the rack products are expensive. But my dad and sister went there before and was like $100++ a visit.

Here's a guideline for their charges

http://www.ihealth.com.sg/ourcharges.php

For Chong Hwa, I went to the main toa payoh one and on a particular day a week, they have "free clinic" but then you really gotta be very "free" as the "free clinic" runs after lunch to about 5 or 6. Free clinic you still gotta pay though but cheap. 1 week of medicine supply + consultant was like less than $12 or around there. Compared to other TCM, the charge is like $50 for a week supply.

Not sure if the one @ Woodland have fertility department or not but you can try call and ask them.

Sorry to interrupt. I have some sanitary pads for sales which are good for post-natal use:

1) 2 packets of Laurier Superguard X-tra 34cm (12pcs per pkt) - $4.00/pkt

2) 4 packets of Laurier Superguard X-tra 30cm (14pcs per pkt) - $3.50/pkt

They are extremely absorbent and breathable. If you are keen to take all, i will sell them off to you at special price of $20.

Pls PM me if you are keen.

hi gnulyl5,

sorry for my late reply, back frm swimming less for my son, my Edd is 5 mar/2011

wat abt your??

My gynae is dr Adrian tan - tmc same as fish.

Hi babylove,

welcome to this forum! I bet u will catch up with us very fast man!! U seeing dr ho now? Is his charges ex? I initially booked him for 1st appointmt but realize sone forums say that his charges are quite steep so I changed to dr Adrian tan

Hi Esther

welcome!!!! I guess you shld be 7 weeks Liao but anyway the gynae alway has a +- 6 days from Edd,

for gynae package. Is best to check w the nurses there when can u sign the package, wat does the package come with.

FYI, most package start 3 months -5 months onward.

Cover normal scan- checking bb sizes and heartbeat,

consultn thru the full term.

It excludes triple blood test- to check abnormailty, Oscar scan and full detail scan

is best to check and write down to discss w your gynae what are the coming schedule plan that are needed

Mt a or tmc. Is a hard choice for me at first too since my 1st child was born in mt A. U can view the hosp tour w tmc. They have it every day. 11am and 2 pm. Free! The staff will show u nursery, delivery, all rooms cate. Mt a has to call to check w them

Blizz bless- I see eys for 1 yrs plus for my neck injury and severe anemia. Their 1st time charge I paid abt $60+ cos it include my 15 pack of powder ( divide 3 pack per day)

the medicine cost me $7+ per day. So it work out abt $35 for medicine. The rest are consultn fees. The 2nd time u go, the consultn is cheaper by a few dollars, in summary, have to pay more if see eys

why do u want to see eys now??

A super long conversation going on ytd! Fish, I was on mc ytd... LS again ytd morning, so stayed at hm rest... Guess what? I think I found my craving!!! I had Saussage mcmuffin with egg for breakfast for the past 3 days!!! Everytime I eat it, I feel very satisfied n happy! Hehe...

My mood is also easily affected n i'm having serious mood swing recently... Quarrelled with my hub ytd n I still in a lousy mood now.... He spoiled my plan of going crab dinner with my friends last night so I was super frustrated n angry!! I tried to control my temper but is difficult! I just feel easily pek chek! Find him not caring enough for me and he said I'm over demanding and stubborn! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Fish,

yest I bought a new bra. I wear 75b, that is my normal size but since preggy, I realize I cannot breathe well and guess wat! My bra size went to 80c Liao!

Every part is big and nipples colour turn bit darker,

I read frm Preggy book, numerous changes can occur:

- increase in size

- increase in sensitivity

- more pronounced veins

- darkened of areola and tiny developmt bumps

is becos our body is adjusting to breastfeeding.

Early weeks can be sore n sensitive

usually will decrease at later stage

so mummies and all, is acceptable haaa! That our breast grow bigger and we don have to pay for breast enhancemt!!! Lol

Annie!

That sound realli bad. But I can understand the kind of pek Chek in you. ESP when we are not feeling good, but I m sure you can work it well w your hubby.

Man can't understand wat we thinking and now we cannot expect them to read our mind either. They run wild n siao!

Our mind work very wonder! Haaa

talk it over w him, eating crab is not good as it may trigger ls again, maybe he has his point when stopping ba??

Talk it over, get him a handy book of preggy, get him to read, he nid time to understand your mood swing too!

I hope everything goes well!

U must have a happy preggy too!

Annie.

So good u found your craving! Me till now still nausea and it slway start to get worse at night! Even middle nite I will wake up n vomit out, I guess my neighbours upstair may have tot wahhh this cha Bo must be drinking every nite... Lol

Hi Linda

My EDD is 3/3/10

I'm seeing Dr Devendra at SGH.

Seems like everyone in this forum is seeing private doctors in private hospital hor...

ONe question for everyone - the Supposedly "An Tai Yao" or medicine to stabilize our pregnancy, were your given PROGESTERONE (generic name) or Urtogestan (brand name)?

Hi Ladies,

Can I check when do you go for your first checkup with your gynea? I sorta remember that I went slightly before 12 weeks for my no.1. I am going to be 8 weeks tomorrow, was thinking of waiting till 12 weeks?

This is my no.2 but it's a completely new experience for me. I am dead tired and if I can, i would love to sleep ALL day long. Appetite is crazy. I can be hungry at one moment, and nausea the next. *shake head* Strong smells like Old Chang Kee's deep frying oil and sweat smell are in my hate list so far. The sight of anything with thick sauce like hor-fun puts me off too. =( My no. 1 was actually a breeze when compared to this.

Anyway, I am looking forward to no. 2 as we have been trying for 1.5 years. =) I am happy to come back as a mother-to-be again. ;)

Welcome all the new mummies!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ahcapp

I'm also having #2...

my 1st gynae visit will be 26july where I'll be abt 8 weeks I think..;)

An tai Yao

So far I think not every gynae will prescribe n not every mummy will need...

So if ur gynae prescribe then eat if not I think not necessary to buy on ur own...

So far my gynae didn't prescribe for #1 at all n dun think he will for this #2..

can save money la....

Unless it's unstable or traveling where it'll be alot of unknowns... My opinion la... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Rach,

I think this time round I more relax. =P So I am only eating folic acid. I will wait for doc to prescribe whatever that's required. Since this is my no.2, I was thinking of delaying the first appointment till 12 weeks. Only hubby and I know about this pregancy for now.

Hello mummies..

I posted earlier.. Also having no 2. Still nausea at this stage. Is abt 8 wks now. V sian.. Can hardly eat n dinner time is worst. My no 1 make me puke till wanna die fir 3 solid months. I wonder if this one is a gal agn co's same symptoms.. Haha

Jia you to all mummies..

My no1 is super sticky n cranky recently.. Screaming n kicking big fuss over every lil thing.. V tiring.. Anyone exp the same thing?

Airmez,

my scan ok lor. Dr fong say water bag quite small but ok at this pt. I stared so long n hard on e screen for heartbeat. Finally saw it!!! He tried to amplify e sound but cannot. He say he is v certain that is e heartbeat. Phew!!! For my prev 2 preg I saw heartbeat at wk 8/7 respectively.

Cysts still ok not growing. Seeing him again on 26.

ahcapp

yup yup I only bought folic acid frm guardian after I tested positive... That's the basic necessity for now ba... Even last time I see gynae at 5th week he also said got folic acid enough liaoz...

So far there's only nausea occasionally n i pray it'll stay this way... Nothin more!! Bleah....

xuelyn

ya my 10mos girl is super sticky lo... Go toilet also cannot....

Koala to me whole day... Can die...still BF her n trying to wean to no avail... She doesn't take bottle at all... Only want breast... That's my biggest headache so far...

Gotta keep my nutrition intake up but so difficult Lo.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ah Bui!

Great to hear that everything is doing well! You must be very happy too! Thank God!

Hi Ah Capp

Me too. Now with the no 2, worse, any deep fried smell can realli turn me off and now i have to bear with my malay neighbours who wake up every monring to cook nasi lemak with fried chicken and fishes...That reallu make me puke puke puke

even the old chang kee....curry puff and fishball turn me off liao...

You shld see the gynae at early trismeter. Honestly for me even if no 2,3, I more kiasu and prefer to take precaution and advice from the doctor so that I can rest assure that BB is growing and doing well... Cheerios

Rach, u probably nid to learn to let your girl latch on bottle that resemble like our nipple type. Try alternative days, not immediate.

I have a hard time too when I BF my boy for 4 years. Worse nitemares since he is tall and long, when he latched on me, ppls tot he is giant..heeee

Now no more BF, become elastic and long like a long bean....LOL

Back