(2011/02) Feb 2011

Hi Idaarshad,

Just wondering if you have tried induced labor before. My first one was induced w/epi and it was a scary experience. Any chance it will be less painful if it is not induced? My second was delivered via C Sec coz she was breech. Both my babies are around 3.2kg before.

Trinket, I'm not buying present for elder boy cuz he's only 14 months old. Doubt he knows anything..

Bigflamingo, dun think mine will be 4kg bah.. Est to be ard 3+kg..

Wish child, I haven't pop la. Hehe

Last night dunno wad happen to elder boy.. He was sleeping well but suddenly cried non stop for almost half hour. Is it a sign? Cuz I experience irregular contractions after that. Now still monitoring at home. He still can't bottle feed himself. I dun really want maid to feed him. Any tips on handling him as I hope to direct latch no2? Scare both wants milk at the same time. Must really resort to pumping?

jeanie: your boy only 14 months old.. I not sure whether the crying is a sign..

my boy also woke up crying in the middle of the night before my labour but it lasted for 1-2 weeks.

if you intend to latch No.2, I sugges u bf no 2 before you bottle feed No. 1.

For bfg, you dont need to see the clock, you can bf anytime.

For no. 2 since he's older, his milk time should be quite fixed already.

moreover he's taking solids, so it's not very impt to give the milk the moment he wants it.

idaar: for sleepy wrap, you can use until 18 months old.

It's quite easy to tie but so far I feel that

1. I think it does not provide as good support as the ring sling, cos of the type of material

2. if you're outside and the floor is dirty, you may dirty the cloth when putting it on.

3. cannot be used for long periods for bigger babies.

Bought it becos

1. it is more secure than ring sling cos got fabric to secure the neck, tho my baby sag in it maybe cos I dont know how to tie

2. it is not very warm as feedbacked, it's abt the same or less warm than ring sling.

3. it is neater as no cloth hanging by the side like ring sling

4. does not have hard objects like the ring. so I can carry my bag on my shoulder.

5. weight distributed to both shoulders, not one sided like ring sling.

Will recommend it only if you need to be handsfree frequently for the newborn.

Otherwise, I think it is more practical to invest in a carrier when BB is older. like the manduca/ beco/ ergo/ pikkolo.

I got the royal blue one, cos taking into acct not so obvious when dirty

if you need I got the privilege card, I think can get some discount when u buy a carrier at the babies sling and carrier at Novena Sq.

Jeanie: My boy started having nightmares when I was six months pregnant and another six months after. Till now, I am unsure why but I am pretty sure it is not a sign of labor. I bottle fed my boy 1-2 months before I gave birth to my girl so that it is easier to transit.

@pingping - hmm did i ask u about ur wt as i curious to know dadnmum since gynae commented her tat her bb is not absorbing so am curious how much she put on.

Same here, tired of waiting game and nw need to talk to my bb daily to come out after 13 feb...if not will induce after my final check up on 16 feb coz on 20 feb will be 40 or 41wks...i seriously think my edd was counted wrongly lol.

@zanta - congrats on ur newborn and do rest well...kindly update us ur birthstory.

weather is getting so hot and i wonder how to survive for my confinement coz cannot on the fan & aircon...any tips from mummies?

Mamaying, yah man time flies. Thinking of makin mother n daughter clothing sets. Must first find a tailor hehe... I have some ideas in mind. But I really need to slim down to look good in the dress. Thinkin of making two convertible dresses for Emma and myself. See how it goes. Probably shop for materials after man yue. Today I spent the morning decorating my place for the man yue. Printed out photos of Emma from hospital to recent times. So fast tomorrow is the party already. Think abt 80-100 people coming to my place. Hope not too squeezy. Already separate into two groups. One lunch and one dinner. Fingers crossed.

Now waiting for mil to come with my lunch. I quickly eat and then have to rush off to Suntec for my Strip appt at 1pm.

Emma is almost four weeks old. Instead of getting up at 2-3am, she now gets up at 3-4am,and following feed is 7am Just like GF predicted. Milk wise,I am on full breast feeding n EBM (night feeds) she drinks 90-110ml per feed. Breasts are producing 120ml on each side when I pump during the night. Feeling really good about the whole confinement thing and am really pleased to be able to spend so much time with lil' Emma. ;) happy happy.

hello ladies:

my EDD is 25 Feb...first child and I am in my 38 weeks liao....

its really a waiting game...i am still working so its not so xian to wait....am hoping my baby boy would like to see the world very very soon! hahaha

Mamaying,

How I envy you can bf your bb full time. My ms is pathetic. Have delivered e bb for 7th day but each time I can only pump about 5ml - 10ml each side [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Quite discouraging but I will never give up. Will keep on pumping and pumping

Jeanie, LOL i thought u already popped.. Pei sei =) Jia you lets count down together..

Mrs Ong, Some old folk said can on fan but not directly blow u. Just let the fan head rotate high up to cool down the surrounding and have some air.

But some confinement ladies said can on air con but in a room temperature like 25-27degree to make the room not warm n just nice temperature.

So very confused lor. But i will on fan 1st if it still too warm n stuffy i will on air con. hehe =)

Nowadays i sleep need to on aircon or else halfway of my sleep i will awake. Feeling a very bad heartburn or something pressing my chest until i'm breathless. =)

nm, My Edd is 19 Feb... Same this my 1st child n now i'm 38weeks 6days le. I'm counting down for another 1week 1day.

Haha yap i agree it really a waiting game n i wait until my neck super long le.. I keep ask my girl faster pop n see this world.. =)

Jolin, Jia you... DOnt give up.. =) Thats the way. I know moo moo task are difficult for 1st time mommy.. Hmm i'm not yet experience it but already know it a tough job. Haha

My relatives n friends keep asked me to eat fish from now so will have MS. But im a person hate to eat fish except sashimi. =P

So try to eat more fish to increase ur MS =)

Jia you

jolin - try to massage your breasts and gently push it to towards the direction of the nipple...see if this yield more milk...i remember as a first time mummy, i also yield v poor results, now 2nd time liao, so am better at managing the milk supply...jia you!!

Hi mummies: would appreciate your advice

I am now 39wk. Saw Dr yesterday and asked me to go for induce labor. BB head is not engaged yet and told me 2 option, natural or C-section. however, Dr did mention natural chances is slim.

I am 38 yr old and hope to have another one soon that is why initially wanted to have natural birth. But now heard chances is slim, don't know should i still try? Afraid waited too long in the ward and end up C-section and also the cost whether the Dr will charge double?

wish child: did yr doc say anything abt bb engaged? mine just said head down..i assume not engaged yet [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yr one week faster than me...heheh jia you!!

let me know if i missed anyone out k.... hehee..busy busy with my #1 and newborn... not easy esp its no day no nite for me... but somehow quite contented when i see the newborn growing bigger everyday...

congrats to all mummies who have delivered! enjoy the process ah!!

remember to top up with FM after latching on for first few days to prevent jaundice k

Hi All

Hows eveyone! I have delivered my baby on the 5th feb Sat ! Manage to do it without epidural.

Surpose EDD was 15th Feb Baby really ' ting hua' pop earlier when daddy told him you can come out anything now after marjong section till 1 am heez...

2am started mild contractions like mensus cramp and has little red discharge. Went to hospital around 430am and push into labor ward around 5am contractions came with interval of 5mins but still managable pain, midwife came and check on dialation only 1cm , she say still long way to go as normal case is 1HR 1cm dialate for first child. Listen already feel so scare coz the pain is already quite bad. Cant imagine another 10hrs!

Pain went more intense and i refused epidural, afraid of side effects, another Midwife came and told me doc instruct her to put me on drip, before that she check again around 6 am plus and i scream in pain her VE check almost kill me that i tear and shouted so loudly =X Surprisly i dialate 8cm already! That escape me from the scary drip and too late for epidural now =)

I request laughung gas to ease the pain can say it help me alot at that stage pain is so intense already , Till 7plus i feel strong strong urge of shitting, I asked for the doc and he is not here yet, for a moment the baby monitor shows no heartbeat and my hubby and I panic and called the midwife , luckily its just the monitor position being shifted from my movements.

Midwife told me not to push till doc is here and asked me to concentrate on the gas, after about 10mins doc arrived and i delivered my boy in 4 push, Gynea uses forcepts to assist me in delivery coz baby poo abit and it will be dangerous if he didnt come out on time.

Baby Skyler was borned and i feel so relieved to hear him cry and he pee immediately onto himself when he was left on my stomach =)

Hope everyone who has not pop will have a smooth delivery and those who has become mummies to jia you together!

Breast feeding was tough but worthwhile to see baby smile at you when he finish his feedings !

Wish child, wannabel,

Thanks for your encouragement.

I don't know if my milk supply is low or my bb is too aggressive. Each time I tried squeeze, there is milk come out from nipple, but when I pump or feed bb, the result is very little. I tried to drink more red longan these few days. I think my condition should be due to stress and lack of sleep [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

But I will never give up cos right from e start of this pregnancy I know that I am going to give my bb breast milk, e best gift that I can give her. I will Jia you, Jia you, Jia you

Mrs ong: I nv on fan till my mil say can on just let it swing n dun blow direct. Everynight we sleep in aircon 26-27 deg I think ok ba my sis also did the same.

Mami_b: hee matching outfits! Yeah I bough a similar dress with my girl last time too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] dun worry abt size n inches [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] if u r happy u will glow n no one will say anything abt fats n all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and I think u r really happy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jolin: try year best, I also a bit going crazy but I can't do without sleep so night I dun pump. Dun stress over quantity. The more stress the less milk. With my no 1 I was so tired and no mood also, only feed less than a mth, give whatever u can give and dun think too much. Dun compare with others if not also very stressful jia you k. I also dunno if I have ebough supply but I just keep latching n try to pump. When I am tired I rest. ;) also maybe ur supply haven't come in. May take up to 10 days I think.

Wannabel: confinement not suppose to do washing or keep touching water. Ny first my mil bathe. Then now no2 my hubby bathe him [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Choc: yes see baby grow bigger tired also worth. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ahhh 14 more days to go n I wanna drink coke heehee

Wish_child: so excited for u, nearer n nearer due date. Xuan went to see her sch, so excited she wanted to take the lunch there haha

Ru: my babies both induced, but I have never heard the dr used the word 'head engaged' only know both head down when he told me can induce. So I dunno and with first I has some contractions second my cervix was 1-1.5cm dilated. Both induced 8 hours and 3.5 hours after break waterbag.

ah ching, yah.. his timing is fixed already.. but i scare if i bottle feed halfway then no2 wants latch.. hmmm..

hfang, i bottlefeed my no1 since he's born. only switch to total latch for awhile then back to bottlefeed. now dunno whether to bottlefeed no2 anot...

wish child, lets countdown together!!

jolin, jia you jia you! you can do it!

im gonna bathe my nb myself too. quite anxious cuz i only start to bathe my no1 when he's 3weeks old..

Mama Ying, Thanks. I also very excited but im afraid my bb will be overdue. Hmm if next tue my bb not out yet i will ask for induce on 20/2 ba. Haiz no choice need to induce her out as me n my hubby already arrange a Baby 1st Mth banquet at Qian Xin Lou restaurant.

Great Xuan xuan doing good at schoold. Wow i think sooner later she will ask u why weekend cant she go to school. Haha... Great she love school a lot.. =)

hi mummies!!!

im a March 2011 MTB, would love to get some advise frm u all regarding confinement.

1) During confinement, what breakfast do u all take?

2) Im gonna breastfeed, what food shld i avoid to prevent decrease in milk supply & wat to take to increase supply?

Im 1st time mummy n will be doing it on my own. Hope mummies can help. Thanx alot

Wa wish child so fast book le [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] tt reninds me I got to start planning, 2 weeks' time. Baby too comfy in u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] like my sis both her boys 40 weeks induce hee

Any mummies interested in Converter from standard neck (medela/ameda breastpump) to avent VIA cups?

i bought these 2 at $10, selling at $8 with normal postage.

Selling because i thought these can fit avent milk bottles. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Mama Ying ; Thanks for your feedback. At the end, you managed to give birth naturally? Before induce did you check with your dr whether your bb is already engaged?

My friend told me if my bb isn't engaged the chances for natural is very slim. That is why I don't know shoud I continue to try for natural way or change my mind and opt for c-section

Mama Ying, Ya lor. Haha She too comfortable in me le. haha my hubby's cousin asked me is it my bb too comfy inside my tummy that why she grow until so big size. Haha because my tummy are large so she think my bb are big in size too. haha.. Lot of ppls thought i have twins.. Sigh~

Mama Ying, U can now plan for 1st mths for ur bb boy le. haha im the most kao cheong person. Faster plan and faster get over it.. haha confirm while doing confinement sure no time do all those thing. haha want her out early then i can go buy stuff to doll myself n her up.. haha

jeanie: how long does your boy take to finish his bottle?

if you bf your BB just before your boy's milk time, dont think BB will want to latch so fast.

Also I think you can start to train No. 1 how to hold his bottle, make it like a game.

Worse come to worse, then get your helper to help..

reverie: congrats.

Dont worry, first day BB maybe drowsy, just give FM if you're also not feeling well.

My boy was also drowsy for the 3 days. SO if BB cant latch you pump first to stimulate ms

jolin: try to eat more rice to increase MS..

it works for me..

choc: thanks for updating the table.. realise my BB quite small size.. wonder if becos I didnt take proper meals during my pregnancy..

mamaying: i already drank coke, root bear, teh, starbucks liao.. hee hee

regarding matching clothes.. where to find?

I not doing full month so also no chance to show off my BB and me in matching clothes..

and she still got so many new clothes in her drawer, havent got chance to wear.

Rev island, ask the nurse to help. Maybe the lac consultant. In meantime, no harm giving FM first. My Emma was also fed FM in hospital until my milk come in.

Just came rushing back from waxing and more shopping. When i was about to drive home, my mil called! Panic and didnt pick up phone. Now i m back n am going to feed Emma. Phew!! I feel like Cinderella.

Ladies... are u all going to completely let go after confinement or slowly ease into things?

cos i hear that some people say full recovery is abt 6 wks and even longer... for instance, a colleague's mum banned her from eating sotong for 3 mths after birth and continued to make her wear warm clothing even after her confinement... so I'm just in a bit of dilemma now.. on one hand, i can't wait to let loose and indulge on all those stuff that i've been deprived of, from wearing shorts and singlets to drinking cold water and eating fastfood... but on the other hand, i dun want to suffer the repercussions of such indulgences either..i suppose moderation is key.. but what do u ladies think?

ah ching, he takes around 10mins.. i tried to train him to take himself but he super lazy.. and normally in the morning i'll spend some time after milk to put him on the potty.. there goes another least 15mins... if he doesn't poo in morning, i'll need to put him on potty after every meal to try.... headache..

kinderbueno: my mil told me confinement about 30 days until baby man yue. my mom did for my sis 40 days... my first confinement 29th day i took icecream... hehehe then start to worry if anything will happen to me. i think if u can prolong as much as possible ba good for ur body also. let loose but moderately. not every meal cold drinks etc etc. i rmb my first i still took hot drinks... but i prob will not wear warm clothing...

ah ching: i think i will wait until at least 30 days... first few days i took fybogel with hot water not i also use normal water liao but will endure till 30 days ba. my sis say 40 days!! when 30 days over i will go celebrate with hubby, my girl n baby , think we go swensens hehehe icecream!! btw today went to pay at eager beavers le.. starting in april. surprise my hubby's cousins 2 girls also there. which class is ur boy in?

wish child: yeah have girls very good hor can doll up haha my mom look after my sis 2 kids. first is boy. when she found out 2nd one boy she disappointed hahah then whenever we go shopping she will be very happy to see girls' clothing! cos she had me n sis :> we always wore same clothes just different colours.

ru: my doc has never used to word 'head engaged' to me.. i also dunno. both normal vaginal delivery and no epi hee

today i went out again to sch to collect my work stuff and submit baby's bc for maternity leave. few days ago when i went to hosp for checkup, sneaked to BHG bugis to buy a bag for my mom's bday. the sales auntie was so shocked i am in confinement not even 2 weeks. she was more panicky than me! ask me hurry up go home. i tot tt was quite funny.. and i always wonder what is the severity of catching the chills or esp if get caught in the rain. my mom even called to warn me tt if i suffer the chills to my head, i will get migraine or bad headache for the rest of my life. i dunno sometimes better to be safe than sorry, if can avoid certain things then avoid ba.

Kinder, hmm I will eat whatever I want after 1mths confinement. Old folk said can't eat sotong is because afraid our womb or pelvis will shrink n will have difficult labour as bb can't come out. The weather so warm n hot if wear long sleeve n pant will died of heat stroke. Haha.

I will straight go eat sashimi after my confinement. =)

Lol I love bb girl all along. Hehe I'm so excited to doll my girl when she out. Hehe oh but I also want to have a son too. Hehe so next time my friend wedding my both kids can be flower girl n page boy. Haha

hi mummies,

i chance upon this when reading GF book.

BF mummies who ate strawberries, tomatoes, mushroomd, onions ,fruit juice & gases drink will cause explosive bowl moment on baby.

Hope this info helps. =)

zanta, according to GF book, ur baby instead of wanting extra milk, actually ur baby might want something like dummy to suckle. maybe u can try tat.

Mami B, am now revising the GF CLB book. kekeke..

can feel ur happiness!! ask u ah, after delivery at hosp, understand to bf baby every 3hrs to stimulate the breast from 6am - 12pm. wat happen i give birth beyond this period of time, shld i wait till 6am or shld i immediately apply the 3hrly ?

Ah Ching..... YES I DID!!! Whahaha!!! not staying with in laws lah.. but MIL brings me food at 12.30pm and 5.30pm so i only have in between that. lucky emma BF so v simple. just find the BF room at 2pm and settle her. =)

Darlest, hehhe... I am really very happy and enjoying my confinement and maternity leave so far.

As for the revision, study hard ah!! theory pass already, later got practical exam. At hospital, dont care the time you start. 2pm also can. if 2pm, then next is 5pm, 8pm etc etc. when you reach home then you follow week one schedule =) i.e. Always start your day at 6.45am and last feed is 9.45pm for first week. then after that is 2-3am feed. then 6-7am feed. Hope this works as well for you yah!!

Back