(2011/02) Feb 2011

Zanta, Congrats!!! Today u going see ur Princess soon. Do update us ur birth story n bb pic. Don't worry u will have our support!! Jia you!! After u saw ur princess all the pain n fear will gone. =)

Kinder, I have added u. =)

Ying Ying, wow Xian Xuan going school. Wow I'm sure she will enjoy herself a lot. She so friendly n hyper. Sure will make lot of friends there. =)

Hi mommies

Any good gynae to recommend for kkh? My god bro's wife just found out they are pregnant [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so happy for them! And they plan to go kkh but I dunno the drs there.

As this is their first child, preferably a gynae who is caring and can take time to answer their queries if any.

Thanks thanks!

Ying Ying, haha Xuan Xuan look very active and have 好奇心. Will have fun at the school. Haha maybe she learned how to sing song at school everyday come home sing to his didi listen. Haha.

Ur bro in law perfer lady gynae or guy gynae?

Dear Mummies, thanks alot for been so encouraging to me all this while when I'm in a dilemma. I'll be having epidural c-sect later and I do hope it'll be a painless one for me. I'm so excited and also scare at the same time now.

@Jolin, @Princess31: Are you 2 at TMC now? Can pm me your ward no if you don't mind me visiting you mummies?

hi mamaying, for kkh, Dr irene chua is good! she patient & nice. she also a gd fren of Dr joycelyn wong in ACJ/TMC. Dr irene chua is very popular too

video in the delivery ward.

i use tmc for my no. 1 delivery. they allow my hubby to video me when im pushing but of coz not video at the lower part. only my face & video when they put my gal on my stomach.

Darlest, Congrats!! Hehe. Dr Irene chua very nice n patient. Hehe also known as pretty gynae at TPS haha.

I also want my hubby video my face expression when I push but my hubby said very wierd le. Haiz sian think only will take photos ba.

Zanta,

Wish you a smooth and fast delivery. Don't worry too much. Heed e gynae and nurse advice..... relax.... Will be fine one.

Btw, I am at Gleneagles, not tmc

Mummies,

Do you have contact for confinement lady that is available immediately? My CL last minute has problem to enter to Sg. My mum can not help, MIL too old to help. I am at loss now. Discharge tomorrow, don't know what to do

Darlest, wow ur edd very close to mine. Mine on 19th Feb.

Hehe.

Jolin, u can try call those confinement ladies agency. But I'm not sure the price is it still very expensive as now still cny session.

Hello mummies, went for my 39wks check up and everythings seem good such as waterbag fluid is sufficient and placenta also fine. So gynae said can wait till 41wks! However my gynae will be away on 13 feb so have to follow up with another gynae on 16 feb which again on waterbag fluid scan. Guess my bb is too comforty in my tummy and hope she can pop out spontaneously! My hubby asked me to wait till 18 feb so that we can enjoy the maternity leave which he heard it could be up to 5mths! Hopefully, govt will make this effective from 1 Feb! Keep our fingers crossed!

@zanta - though i very wish for natural delivery, it really depend on my luck and gynae's advice. I'll get mentally prepared for csec. Jia you and all the best in ur delivery!

@princess31 - xin gu ni le & at least u've tried ur best. Do rest well and take care!

@idaar - fyi, i have mailed out the cream and do take note of my pm!

Wish child,

Thanks. I will try to contact them tomorrow. Regret for not taking e pre natal class as I thought I definitely get help from CL or my mum. Argh... Tomorrow only me and my hubby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Zanta, good luck on Yr delivery.

Jolin, u can try searching e internet for Yr CL. But, I think they will hv surcharge during CNY. My colleague has to pay additional $1k

Jolin, ask ur hubby for the time being take care u.

Call for confinement food catering for this few days.

So u can take care ur bb n have more rest. Ask ur hubby

Cook a hot pot of red date tea for u n put inside a hot flask.

@wish child - tks for adding me!

@jolin - Maybe u can ask the nurses at the nursery to show u how they do the basic things like bathing, cleaning, changing and feeding the baby?

@zanta - guess u will be a proud mummy by the time u see this post! Hope everything went well!!

Jolin

Call glps n pem immediately. They should b able to help. Meanwhile when u reach home cook urself e cobfinement tea. E ingred n recipe can be gotten fr hock wah. I stock up 1 month of e ingred for my confinement.

Wish child,

Thanks for e suggestion. Yes, I think now catering for confinement food is easier than finding a CL. Hm, feel so lost but when I look at my bb, I found strength from her. May God bless me and give me strength.

Will discuss with hubby about it.

Hi mummies.. So fast It already 5th day of CNY.. Had a long long rest.. Today went for check up and doc advise to go thomson hosp for scanning (obstetric U/S follow up growth with full Doppler) any idea wat that?? And he also advise that I may have to induce THIS WEEK..Due to BB still bit small.. 2.6 kg.. Though it already 37 week +.. But still not mentally prepare.. Was stun when he say need to be induce this week.. Suddenly lots of thing flash through my mind.. This nt done that not done.. So gan cheong n excited too..

Jolin, don't worry God will always be there n look after u n bb. Ur bb will give u the greatest stength to go through ur confinement. Need help do let ur hubby or ur close one to know. So they can help u out. =)

Kinder, No problem =)

Zanta, Jia you!!!

Dadnmum, don't worry soon u can see ur bb. I will be super excited if I can see my girl soon. Haha think I cannot sleep before the day I going induce. Bb small Inside it ok wait bb out can pump until fat fat n chubby chubby. Jia you =)

mrs Wong, unfortunately the maternity improvement will not be made this year budget. Is next year I think if any, no need to wait till 18-Feb. Because if you read the statement they say a survey and research be done in coming June period to determine what can be improved, so definitely not this year

Dadnmum- i had a similar experience as you. Dr adrian asked me to go for the growth scan to ensure that bb is able to get enough nutrients by checking the arteries and umbilical cord etc just tom make sure nothing is blocked.

Had my gal at 38weeks coz bb didn't grow much within a week. Gynaes concern is the bb, since full term gynae wouldn't want to risk anything. So long as the bb is full term - from 37 weeks and above 2kg, can deliver Liao.

Not to worry....

Dadnmum: went down to dr ang today and baby weight 2.6kg+ at first day of 38 weeks. Dr ang say weigh is ok even tho the weight drop a little from 2 weeks ago. He say not to worry cos the weight is estimated only not very accurate. Did CTG, baby heartbeat is strong at 140-160. He say as my wife size is small he prefers the baby to be deliver under 3kg. I think mummy size also more likely to have smaller baby. He asked us to come back next week.

This morning went for my 37wk check with Dr Adrian WW and baby still not turned down yet. So on the spot I decided I will go for c-sect this coming Friday. But today I forgot to ask doc what is my baby's weight...

Dadnmum and Wannabel I think the weight which calculated based on measurement from U/S is just an estimation. So not to worry.

zanta: You should be carrying your BB in your arms now.

Congrats.

Mamaying: Good your gal can start in April.

Usually I send my boy ard 9 am and fetch him ard 5.30pm.

But this timing is for ML.

In april when I return to work I'll have to send him earlier.

Dont worry too much abt sending your gal to school. I;m sure she'll love it as there will be frens and play.

But be prepared that it is quite troublesome when school starts cos need to prepare the school bag.

Everynight I gotta drag myself to pack my boy's bag.

havent been posting or reading much..

having a slight 'depression'.

hubby left for China today and will return only Fri. so it's just me and 2 kids..

Son is driving me nuts.. he's been crying and crying when he return from school until he slept.

refusing milk and food and beating me and his mei mei. sigh.. feel so drained.

does anyone know whether there is any hotline I can call regarding parenting issues?

or some professional help for my elder boy?

Hey just want to ask those mummies who signed up and started with Origins JamuMassage that eviangal organised:

what are the freebies that we are supposed to have har? I can't remember already...

Tdy is my first day and the lady passed me:

1. Goon Diaper

2. Baby Massage Oil

3. Lemongrass body scrub

and she says she will pass me the Lemongrass shower gel tomorrow.

I checked the email correspondence, supposed to have $10 NTUC voucher also rite? just for Feb MTBs?

Ah ching,

Sorry I don't know of any parenting hotline but it sounds like your son is jealous and taking it out on you and mei mei.

Is there anyone that can help you, a neighbour or friend, that can take care of mei mei for two hours while you spend some one on one time with your son?

bigflamingo: actually I do spend one on one time with my son..

usually I'll leave mei mei in her bassinet and spend time with kor kor after fetching him from CC.

Only thing is mei mei cluster feeds during this time..

she sleeps throughout the day and gets active only after we return home with kor kor..

cos mei mei is on TBF that's why need to attend to her needs also..

already trying my best to juggle both..

but I think my son's behaviour really need some professional intervention.

He beats me and at first people tell me the situation will improve after I deliver mei mei..

but it is not true.

worse case is I'm getting very impatient with him and sometimes I dont even want him to touch me or hear his voice..

I think I also need professional help. Sigh

I'm thinking of going Orchard Road tomorrow.

retail therapy always makes me feel better.. but I still in confinement lei.. baby gal still small..

not sure whether I should take the risk and go out get some therapy.

Ah ching, are you alright? It's good to go out for some therapy.. I think it's ok even tho it's still confinement period. I've seen alot carrying their Nb shopping around. Few hours is definitely fine. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Am 38 weeks today. Gonna see gynae tmr. Been taking pills faithfully to prevent contractions last week as he's not ard. Worse of all, I've gt a bad cny cuz no1 down with fever and fake measles. Didn't went to inlaws for reunion dinner. Didnt enjoy cny at all! Keep praying no2 to stay inside tummy that time. Lucky no1 has recovered.. Now can countdown..

Ladies, congrats to all who popped. I'm gg for elective c sect this wed am at tmc. Can't wait to see my princess. She's ultra active and moving ard so much all day. I've v bad constipation / piles due to e pregnancy. Hope all goes smoothly n e pain n recovery is manageable!

Mami

Do u actually prepare a dark nursery room environment for e bb?

U started pumping when u reached hm?

U wake ur bb up in r day to feed?

How do u get ur cl to follow e timing, zzz habit as in no rocking etc?

My tod is zzz w us. I wonder if I should put e bb in another rm to zzz for at least 6 months then zzz w us.

Last time I used to bf my ger on e bed regardless day n nite. Which is a lazy method yet not so tiring.

Thks wish child.. Ya excited as I will be seeing my BB REAL soon.. Think I cannot sleep tonight already cos scare need to admit tml..

Thks Wanabel..

After hearing wat u say having the same scan. I feel more relax..

U also ask to have the scan done by dr adrian ww??

OFB.. Ur BB weight is abt my BB wt.. But my gynae say it bit small.. And he mention need to check BB blood flow also.. Hopefully everything is alright after scanning..

Dear Mummies, I had given birth to my bb girl last night at 10+pm and is weighing at 3.935kg. Dr Ang said I did the right decision to take her out via c-sect as she's really a big baby!! I was shivering non-stop from the epidural last night right aft the op for about an hour, and now I already start to feel some pain at my tummy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] And only gotta see my bb right aft my delivery till now as they said bb feels cold, need to put in nursery to "heat" her first so I guess they already fed her with her first FM.. Am going back to sleep le, feeling so drained out aft the op.

Hi Zanta, congrats on your new born. Have a good rest and tell us more after you have settling down.

Morning mummies~

I've popped yesterday afternoon @ 3.42pm. My baby boy is weighing @ 3.465kg, length 53cm. My waterbag leaked at 1.30am & my hubby & mil went to the hospital with me. But my dilation was very very slow.. At 5.45am still only 1.5cm. But the contractions were too intense that I couldn't take it anymore & I asked for epi. Then the nurse gave me a drip & something else that's supposed to help me dilate faster but when my gynae came in at 7 plus to check on me I was only 2cm dilated! I was soooo tired & hungry.. And I kept shivering & vomited due to the epi side effect. So she did some stretching on my cervix & I waited again.. Waited till 1 plus when she came over it was 5cm dilated liao. And at 3pm I was finally fully dilated & the nurse started to prepare. At 3.30pm she asked me to push & 2 of them kept pressing on my tummy very hard while I push. Lucky for their help, though it was very pain. If not I don't think I can do it in 12 mins.

My baby's cries were so loud! Haha! My hubby videocam while they cleaned up my baby. And I suddenly felt very very tired that I can't even keep my eyes open. They put my baby beside me & I just hugged him to sleep. Hahaha! After rested for around 2 hours they shifted me from delivery ward to my room. And they asked me don't eat yet cos I kept vomiting. But I vomit until my gastric juice also came out le cos I was too hungry! I was like empty stomach for 24 hours.

Shortly after the senior nurse brought my baby in thinking he wanted to drink milk but he didn't suck on my breast. He just fell asleep. The nurse said he just want to smell me. Hee hee.. And I asked them to feed him FM for the night feeding cos I was too tired & hungry & I was having a fever too. After that my friend told me I shouldn't let my baby have FM first cos it tends to be sweeter, scared he'll refuse BM. Later I'll try BF him again, hope can..

Anyway I find my baby very cute leh!! Keke.. So small.. Then even when he's sleeping his legs like to move. Like how he tickled me when he was inside me. Keke.. And he was so sound asleep yesterday when my parents came & the nurse brought him over. Hope at home he'll also sleep so well. Haha!

My paediatrician just came & tell me my baby is fine. No signs of jaundice & strep B test showed normal. Phew~

Hope all mummies who have yet to pop will have a smooth delivery! =D And hopefully don't have to wait as long as me. It's really VERY tiring.......

Congrats pinkyval and zanta! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yes zanta big baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I think the top of the charts ion feb babies now! Hee nvm abt whatever, most impt baby arrived le! Have a good rest!

Rev island,

Yes! Yes! Yes! I have dark nursery room for bb to sleep in the day. And at night coz my 3 yr old sleep in the nursery room , meimei sleeps in my room which also has curtains to block out light. I never pat or carry meimei to sleep since hospital. No CL or mil so Bb not introduced these things also. And yes I wake Bb up when she is supposed to be awake. I put on playmat, talk to her, rearrange diaper, wipe face with wet towel, u name it, I prob done it.

Toddler - I bot a new bed for my son one week before meimei came out and we did a migiration for him. He slept in our room for 3 yrs! So we had to make it super exciting for him to sleep by himself. I bot pull out bed. Hubby or me can accompany him til he fall asleep. Initially, he wake up an look for us in our room. After 1-2 days, he learnt to go back to sleep by himself in his room. He is a GF Bb so he doesn't really wake at night. He wakes at 7:30am. So since my toddler sleeps in his own room, I can have my daughter sleep in my room for night feeding.

I did try the lying down method last night. I really fell asleep while feeding! When I woke up it was 4:18am. I fed for 2hours?!? And I dont know if she really was sucking thruout or what so I decided not to do it again unless I super tired. Usually my night sessions are bottle feeding so takes 20min to complete. I was feelin adventurous last night so try the sleeping position for BF. Haha.. ;)

I hand squeezed excess milk in hospital as I didn't have pump. But once I got home, I was so relieved when I saw my dear pump. I started the GF schedule immediately and no looking back! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] of cos sometimes schedule goes haywire but the good news is, review what caused it to go wrong and u can reset the routine starting at 6:45Am again the next day! Like one time I super overslept and woke at 8:45am! Really v late!! But I try my best to think of ways to bring it back to schedule by 11:30am so she has her most important lunch time nap from 11:30am-2pm. It's like this lor... ;)

Val and Zanta!!!! Congrats and welcome over to our Feb mummies club!!!! Val- it's perfectly fine to feed FM. Our breast milk is also slightly sweet! Anyway, Bb not fussy one initially. The faster u introduce, the faster Bb learn to accept. (erm.. This goes the same way for rocking Bb to sleep ah.... So beware!) after Bb accept as norm, then it's hard to reverse.

Zanta - hope u have a smooth recovery from the csec. Wear binder. It helps.

Zanta, Pinkyval - Congrats! I am sure when you look at your bundle of joy, all the pain is all worth it! Have a speedy recovery!

Dadnmum - i rem my gal in the womb was about 2.48kg at week 36 and 2.52kg at week 37. So doc was concerned, asked me go for growth scan the very next day. To check on blood flow of nutrients from mummy to bb. Results turn out to be normal. So doc asked me to eat loads, coke junk food durians etc... My gal was induced finally at wk 38 day 1 at 2.675kg. It was an easy labor considering my first gal was 3.4kg. So it's ok to induce early so long as the bb is safe and sound. My gal after 2 weeks is 2.9kg, turning into a lol milk monster...

hi second time mummies

read this today and found it helpful.

http://www.babycenter.com.sg/pregnancy/havinganother/whattoexpect/

Ah ching

you can try to bring your kid for early intervention assessment? To see whether he might have mild autism? Although he is still very young (not 2 yrs yet right) and they might not be able to tell conclusively. Still, definitely helps to have someone to speak to.

http://www.autism.org.sg/earlyintervention/

Call Alicia Chua at 6323 3258.

For yourself, it's very impt that you are seeking help and willing to talk to someone. Found this info from here:

http://www.singhealth.com.sg/PatientCare/ConditionsAndTreatments/Pages/Postnatal-Depression.aspx

The Perinatal Depression Support Group at KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital provides support for mothers who experience depression and anxiety during pregnancy and the postnatal period. It provides mothers with an opportunity to share their experiences and practical information about the condition, and offers tips on coping.

Sessions are conducted in English and are facilitated by case managers. It is held on the 1st Tuesday of the month. For more information, please call 6394 2205.

================

Do take care, dear. I think you're in a very trying situation... hugs.

Back