(2011/02) Feb 2011

Morning mummies~

@Zanta: Yesterday my sil helped me to tapao lunch. She didn't know that stall will be so oily, it's her first time buying. But lucky at night after I ate MacDonald the pain is gone liao. Hahaha! Scare me for the whole day! I keep telling my baby don't come out now, 11 more days very fast one, and we can eat reunion dinner next week le. *sigh* I so scared now. Like so paranoid about the pain. A bit only I'll think if it's contraction.

Btw I think you better wash the pillow & bolster case together as well. Since you also washing the bed sheet.

@marie: It's a small company lah, Pinnacle Marine, I'm also in the same company. Hee hee.. You also in shipping line?

@jacqueline: My baby also quite big. Last week when I went for check up in my 37 close to 38 week, my gynae did a detailed growth scan for me and my baby was 3.1kg! I was so shock when she told me that, I thought I heard wrongly cos the week before when she did the normal scan my baby was only 2.6kg. But she said if she "carry" she'll think it's 2.9kg. She didn't say it's too big though. Maybe mine is a boy, boy's supposed to be heavier. And same lor, last week I ate a lot of fast food. =p

Oh anyway have discussed with my hubby last night. Next Monday will be my last day of work. Hee hee.. Will be taking annual leave on Tuesday & Wednesday. I hope my baby can wait!!

Morning mommies!!

Valeria, yester I also have some contraction. But not pain just the tummy very tight and tummy keep harden every few mins. Today going see my gynae.

Week 38 ur bb boy 3.1kg is ok. As bb boy is more heavy than girl. The bone structure will be more heavy too.

Zanta, I'm afraid to go c sect. But don't worry if really do happen also no choice. As bb more important. Haiz hope I can push her out and can avoid c sect. =)

@wish_child: Then I think yours is just Braxton Hicks bah. Cos no pain. Mine I think is gastric pain. Cos when my baby kicks in a certain angle that part will be more painful.

Hi all,

juz some update from ytd checkup..

Baby weigh 2.7kg at week 37, and will be givin birth at Mt Alvernia.. But my blood pressure getting higher.. haiz..

choc: Thanks for your info. In fact, I have order from the PEMP agency for the herbal (shower) but just in case I wonder whether should I also order the Body wash and shampoo.

morning ladies!!

i finally got a phone with a data plan! hubbs says so i can upload status updates and pics when the time comes.. oh man, it's becoming so real and i am so excited now haha.

jac, for the origins massage, were the prices the same last year? and how many days did you take? i think i need to let C-sect recover for about 1-2 weeks right? :p excited to start. want to go jogging also!

i just had super heavy breakfast. hope baby can gain more weight cos at 31w scan, he was very small heh

Hi Mummies,

I a a Jan '11 got a relatively new Medela Swing pump, bought 02/01/11, to let go at a discount. Have only used a few times as I am giving up breastfeeding. Price is negotiable. Do PM me for details. Pick up would be in the west.

Thank you.

Good morning ladies,

Today weather seems slightly better than yesterday, hope it stays cooling throughout [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

RE: showering during confinement

After hearing from Pinkyval and Zantarina, I realize maybe I should guai guai and try not to bathe until I cannot take it and start bathing with the herbs!

@trinket & yaataa: I signed up for the Mt A card during the guided tour and given a receipt. The actual card was mailed to me within 2 weeks or so. The savings off total bill (which worth slightly more than the card application fee) was the main reason that I signed up, of course there are other perks encompassed. I was told to bring the card along during admission, so I am not too sure how it works if you signed up during admission.

RE: Registering birth cert at hospital

For mummies who have delivered, any idea how long is the processing time? Was told that it will be instant at ICA. Items to bring include original marriage cert and parents' i/c right?

@Nian Ci: Hehe.. Ya, better follow. My mum keep asking me to follow strictly. Cos last time when she had me she didn't listen to my grandma, she still wash my clothes. End up it's affecting her very badly now. Hands always in pain like rheumatism like that.. You never know when the effect will come. So better to be safe than sorry. 1 month will pass very fast de. =)

morning mummies... Wow wonder if jac's reali in labour Liao...

@yaataa,.. U haven't book ur massage? I compared mine wif jac's recommendation n tink will stick to mine cos my package only $400 for 7session lei...

@pinkyval, yup yup considered same line ba,.. Am in Florens :)

actually ur can prep more herbal bath pack.. Bathe daily.. dats wat I'm gonna do... Just dat I'll close up all my doors n windows when I head to bath n open them after my body's warm up slightly after bath... So long windproof abit can Liao... Otherwise, baby will suffer when we BF if nvr bathe lei.. So dirty n smelly... house can't b too windy oso since baby ard n still small... Too cold...

wah marie, your package quite a lot cheaper. What's your massage lady's contact? any reviews on it? My friend was using this mdm anwar but she says ok ok only :p

i am definitely planning to bathe but will dry myself off super well and blow dry hair. i also can't stand the thought of not bathing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi all, my massage is 50 a session about an hour I think. My sis recommended to me. Includes all the binding etc.

At hosp now waiting for 38 week check. Think baby is very comfortable in my tummy. And so surprised to see a friend here, we actually see the same gynae and she is here for 1st trimester check, third child le!

wah mamaying, your one is the cheapest and got good review some more!! can you pass me the contact? update us on your latest check [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

choc

war table can update that Amazing Miracle sheng le! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I think a few in the 'walking bomb going off' zone too... heh.

nian ci

thanks for sharing! think I'll go and sign up now.

zanta

urm... never heard of ppl washing the actual pillow and bolster. think washing the cases good enough. ;)

Hi Mummies

I am feeling easily irrated recently. Emotions are getting unstable, whether at work or at home. Is anyone like this as well?

Going to be induce this Thursday!! Omg. Does anyone know what's the name of the shop at bugis street that sells really cheap bb clothes. I heard its opp the temple. But what's the exact location and the name ofthe shop?

Dr check dilation 1-1.5cm. And say 2 choices- we can wait for spontaneous but will be a mystery when it is going to happen. Or induce like my no 1. The worse tt can happen is emergency c second but dr is very confident I will respond and have contractions cos first one was successful and delivered in 8 hours.

So tml is D Day. I am so nervous. Will be admitted tonight 12midnight.

Yaataa I will pm u on fb later when I get home$ ahhhh

esther lum..

dun know the name of the shop.. but it the block directly opp Kuan Yin Temple .. the shop is at the corner near to the hawker centre..

yoyo...give me a while to update the tables k...

coz ytd was on MC and resting at home...so now clearing my work =p

now also half hearted..duno to take maternity leave early or wait till go deliver...

choc

how are you feeling? if not too xinku then continue working lor...

i have a feeling i actually get more rest, peace and quiet being at work than at home with my mum and tod.

@choc: Maybe you can take annual leave next week like me? Since next week only 2 and a half days work week. In that case you can rest more before baby comes out and also won't waste your ML.

Valeria, ya lor my BH getting more and more strong and tight. Today going see my gynae see what he said.

Choc, if u want clear ur ML early do clear so can rest at Hm. Hehe. Now u will give birth anytime.

My neighbour have just give birth yesterday. Have the same Edd with amazing mircale. Today weather super nice heavy rain and cooling. Hehe

somehow i feel at work more relax then at home ba...coz my boy super glue pattern...at my mum place he follow me whenever i go..but he meant well..scared i fall or wat...

then if i stay alone at home also boring.. hahaa...

so work one day is one day lor..till maybe i have difficulty walking then tell boss..

@MamaYing: You are next!! Erm.. But why you don't wanna wait for spontaneous labour signs?

@choc: Maybe can take AL next week to rest and also to prepare for CNY?

@wish_child: Wow.. Your neighbour has the same EDD as Amazing Miracle and even gave birth on the same day as her? So qiao..

@Trinket: Oh, ppl usually don't wash the pillow and bolster itself? Ok, then i'll have 3 things lesser to wash le. But bumper and comforter must wash hor?

@Val: You mean you got wash your bb's pillow and bolsters? Or you just wash the covers?

@Nian Ci: Actually I don't know if I can tahan not showering for the first 12 days or not but I'll definitely clean myself with hot wet towel on days when I'm not showering. And I also bought a can of dry shampoo to standby liao.

Choc, Ur boy very sweet lor.. Follow where u go as he scare anything happen to u. =) hmm why dont u take some days off to rest at home? Haiya u can go out shopping with ur boy or u can call me out for lunch at sengkang. =P But u dont last min going pop i will be panic lor.. haha

Zanta, Haha ya lor.. Very qiao. I also very surprise she have same edd with amazing Miracle. Haha. Maybe it fate le. All babies which have same edd will come out on the same D date. Haha.

mama ying, Very excited for u.. Tomor ur bb boy will be on ur arm. Xuan Xuan sure will be super happy have a little brother. Hehe.. Do update the bb pic and birth story =)

Zanta: yeah next! I dunno need to wait how long as in can be anytime but can also end up till week 42 then induce. My first was induced 39w4days. My sis both also induce I think week 40. I think for me n sis our babies very comfy in our womb! Haha and since dr is confident, my mom also say go deliver. If later than this weekend she cannot come see me cos need to bai tian gong. And also tml n thurs my hubby not working. So seems like a good time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] baby big also 3.2kg le. Can ba [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Xuan is so excited too just now I call my mil theb in the background she ask "baby out already?" In chinese heehee

Moomoo yes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope chop chop [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yes wish child: read my previous msg! Abt xuanxuan! Last night she also was falling asleep then suddenly tell me when baby arrives she wanna carry! She is such a darling, yes I pray for smooth delivery n update u all soon. Tonight still can eat my mom's cooking, put xuan to bed then head for hospital [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I think the time is right.

mamaying - you can have a good shower too. so u going straight to labour ward at level 8? Yday, my nurse also walked through with me the costs of delivery and she made the booking for me liao.. Oh, i heard the food is nice.. got bento set somemore. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

moomoo yeah i think i will have a good dinner. then go home good shower n wash my hair. then head to hosp after Xuan sleeps. i forgot the food standard liao... i think my MIL will sure cook n bring for me tho there is food here, she is too nice!

Ah Ching,

i am from Mar thread .. wanted to ask if u staying in the 2 bedded (free upgrade from 4 bedded), with epi & vacuum ? how much u r paying before the medisave ?

i'm also with Dr Ang so would like to estimate how much to prepare ?

@ mamaying: congrats! Have a smooth delivery! Soon you will see your baby! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thnaks jerine and pinkyval :>

ah ching: i went to chedck out eager beaver's just now. looks like a pleasnt and warm and sincere place. might just put my girl there. but they say maybe april then will open new class which is ok cos i am on leave till mid may.

Dadnmum,

Today while having lunch with my hubby; I had BH about 5 mins apart but it's gone after 2 hours. Do u have that too recently? I still have 4.5 weeks to be full term... So worry that baby wants to come out now.

Hi all,

I have just given birth few hrs ago at TMC, very sad can't wait till CNY [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Anyway here is my birth story:-

1) 1-5am: Got slight contractions, not v pain only tummy tighten feelings, but regular intervals of abt 5 mins. Called gynae and he asked me to go TMC to let him check.

2) Abt 6am: Reached TMC, nurse checked for contractions and dilation, was already 3cm dilated, straight away admit, clear bowel

3) 6.30am: Apply epi, dun wanna be hero again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

4) 7am-12.45pm: Shivering non-stop, but dilation was v fast.

5) Abt 1pm: Already 10cm dilated, Mid-wife and gynae came, start to push. In less than 10 pushes, bb girl was out at 3.405kgs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sigh, finally everythings were over, relieve now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello Mummies!

I'm so glad to finally have started ML this week, and now have time to catch up on the posts from the last few days. Wow, looks like many mummies have popped already!

MamaYing: We have the same EDD but I see that you'll be inducing...tonight??? So fast??? So scary!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Our babies are about the same weight (mine was 3.1 kg at 38 weeks) but my gynae hasn't said anything about inducing. I guess she is hoping that her CNY will remain intact but as my EDD is 5th Feb, there's a chance if we wait for spontaneous delivery her CNY will be hampered :p Still ... I heard inducing will be more painful...will u still be trying without epi first? All the best and keep us updated!

I'm still waiting for baby to be engaged. He's head down but not quite into the pelvic area yet. My next gynae appt is this Friday at 38w6days. My gynae will also be performing a VE ... hope it's not too uncomfy!

Other than that, I'm trying to relax at home but the nesting instinct is strong. Still feel the house is messy and doing the last of baby clothes washing. There are things I want to move around in the house but cannot coz tummy gets in the way :p Plus the weather has been so wonky... I kinda miss the aircon in the office and the convenience of canteen food! These days, I have to really hunt high and low in the kitchen for something edible at lunchtime. My sleeping pattern is also crazy because I still get up at 6am in the morning to make breakfast for my hub, then I crawl back into bed and the next thing I know, it's 11 am and half my day is gone! Sigh..this will take some getting used to but everyone tells me to get more sleep nowadays before baby comes along ....

Hang in there, mummies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sinmey: my bill abt 5k, 3.7k medisave, abt 1.2k cash.

this is inclusive of baby bill.

hope it helps.. if need more breakdown, must give me time to check the bill.

No time to read thru the posts.

just came back from going many places.

my gal admitted to hospital for jaundice.

this morning sent my elder to CC carrying my newborn.. the teachers at CC all very shocked.

then rushed home, went clinic for newborn check-up..

baby needed to be admitted cos jaundice 15.5.

then went to get my confinement food from my mum's home.

now come back sterilising breast pump and trying to figure out how to use the freestyle...

after pumping must fetch son from CC..

then give dinner and bring ebm for my gal..

sigh.. very rush..

will check in when I have time.

mamaying: good luck

estherlam: the shop is at the corner.. nearer to the hawker centre side.

it is behind the front row selling dried seafood.

directly opp the shop with the laughing buddha

but u must buy six piece of the same design. cannot mix and match..

so i think just buy neighbourhood shop can liao..

wont really save much by going there.

@ hi mamaying,

wah.. urs super gd deal..pls pm me ur massage ctc k! thx in adv...

por bi por bi u have a smooth delivery k!

@ hi Jac,

great job! so last nite was real... live broadcast on ur contractions man! haha... good for u, all's over & smooth now.. epi jab painful or well worth it?... rest well!

@ hi esther,

which are u staying around? those plain baby clothes r available in amk ctrl oso.. 6pcs for $10.. can mix n match within same price category somemore..

@ hi ching,

don't worry too much k.. keep ur health at tiptop form too while shuttling ard.. baby will b fine so no worries too much...

besides mamaying, anyone was induced before?

gynae asked if i wanna choose induce if still no signs by EDD.. wondering wats d process like & painful anot? Omg!

Back