(2011/02) Feb 2011

Mama Ying, Haha she want to pump her granddaughter chubby and fat fat. But too bad she not fat and chubby. Haha.

Yesterday went shopping at city square for 6hours. Wow super fun and lot of thing to see. Haha. Maybe u can go John little at marina square to buy warmer. But no sure have offer or not. =)

Eviangal, I bought my PJ at Metro. U can go there take a look if u want. It cost me $12.90 per PJ. Have u pack ur hospital bag? For confinement stuff faster go buy all the herb and stock up. Hehe.. I will go asked my Mil asked her what to eat during confinement is good. Then i can share u all mommies here. =)

eviangal, Hugz~ Why ur mom going to leave u to go ur grandma house when u doing confinement. Hmm by right ur mom help u do confinement she also not allow to go visiting or reunion dinner. Hmm because people will pang dan. Somemore also cannot attend any wedding or bb full mths too.

My Mil told my hubby not to attend his cousin wedding when im during confinement. =)

Thks wishchild, will check out metro too.. jus ordered suum frm bp. My mum even intend to go visitation lorz... already prep liaoz... hopefully i still in hospital then... if nt jialat... haiz... sianz....

Congratulation to you ! Joodz.

By the way, anyone know should we use black or white sesame oil for confinement?

Eviangal, then must ask ur bb boy be guai guai only come out when u told him to. Hope ur mom last min won't go visiting and take care u and bb. =)

Eviangal: don't be upset. Dun stress urself and bb. Without mom, on the brighter side, u can have ur very first reUnion dinner with hubby and baby!! Isn't that great? Honestly, urs isn't that bad as mine. My MIL have yet to call or talk to me ever since hubby and I decide to married under civil court and not syariah court (she's a muslim, I'm chinese). Until today she insisted that my marriage is not LEGAL in her God eyes!! And therefore my baby is not HALAL!! Can't belive she said that. I don't care. Now, when baby is almost due, she pretend to be nice and ask hubby how am I doing so on and so forth. ( Just becoz she has the intention of wanting to hold her first grandchild). Stupid MIL. Wouldn't she feels that she's holding a piglet?? (Since my baby is not halal?!) Hahahahahaha...

Congrats to all mummy who has pop!!! Although my edd is 27 Jan. But went for my gynae appt earlier at TMC in the morning, dr jocelyn said I might pop any time next week!!!

Hi Eviangal: Ha Ha I'm still pregnant now..

and no backaches or pressure at V area today..

maybe cos I slept for more than 10 hours last night and rested..

also less BH then usual.

brought my son shopping today and got his CNY things..

went Causeway pasar malam to eat the tapioca cake, tutu cake and drank bubble tea..

must do all these before confinement.. otherwise wont be going out with newborn

mamaying: it is ok to let BB drink the milk with the blood..

in fact if the nipple not too badly injured, should continue to nurse BB maybe 5 mins to stimulate milk..

if afraid to let BB drink milk with blood then pump out and throw away..

cos if dont pump then SS will decrease..

today I feel like BB has sorta moved up again cos didnt feel like going to urine as much or etc..

but instead got not much appetite as stomach feel like squashed..

maybe gal gal listen to his daddy as my husband was saying that he hope we can have bunny baby..

Esther, so fast u going pop soon. Jia you and take care.

Ching, wow u have so many nice food. Feel like going eat pasar malam food. Do have more rest woh.

Good morning all,

I went shopping at Marina Square then forgot to buy breastfeeding pillow and still can't find medela tubing :< going to check out AMK hub later Mums n Babes.

sidetrack a bit.. for those whohave a child already, PONEY is having a sale.. 20-50% off except new arrivals unless u r member. Do check out. I think united square and marina square has outlets. bought new clothes for my girl and matching polo tee for my nephew (4 mths and 5 years old) for CNY :>

I have been sleeping well but my left calf tt cramped 2 night ago still feels like a rock. feel like going for a prenatal massage.. maybe wed.. got some voucher $39.90 trial at Babies Bellies but very far away at Golden Landmark.. or BellaLuna Complimentary prenatal massage at Harbourfront or Cuppage.

Or like one of the mommies mentioned in FB, go for foot reflexology :>

Had done 90% of my bb shopping as my hubby and I went to tamp baby boutique to collect car seat, after that we headed to century sq BHG & kiddy palace to get a few bb stuffs! Left 10% will complete by this coming fri! Last nite also cleaned up my room bed and bb bed cum packed hospital bag as all my bb clothes has been washed! It’s such a relief coz most of the things has been settled. After next wkend, I can relax and standby liao, plan to go for facial, trim hair & leisurely shop for cny thingy like cookies, or clothes if I want to buy. Later will be heading to the seminar and got chance to see Zoe Tay!

@joodz – brave mummy! Though u went thru both, u are rewarded with a healthy bb and hubby’s praise! Take extra care and rest well!

@fiona87 – cool as ur bb is latching well! Hope u could share more on bf tips!

@mamaying – I just took btl bird nest last nite…if take btl one a week should be ok lah. Ya can consult older folks or gynae. Alternatively, wait till confinement then eat lor. I also did not buy any cny clothes for myself, however I bought a few tops weeks ago which could also serve as cny clothes since I haven touch yet…just that the tops are plain and simple. Last thur, I also suffered right calf cramp and it lasted for almost one day!

@eviangal – u make me so tempted to go for photo shoot!

@mami b- waiting for ur post!

Esther: Thanks. Haha.. your comment on your mil at the last pt quite comical.. Congrats on your baby's arrival soon.. Keep us posted.

Wish child: Well.. we shall see.. she has to go visitation still.. hopefully, she will cut down abit more.. At the end of the day, she def push responsibility to my mil lorz.. Anyway, good she go visitation too.. Bring my dd go collect ang pow.. hahaa..

Ah Ching: YOu win already lorz.. hahaa.. dilated already still can walk so much.. I walked abit yesterday and buay tahan liaoz.. Need to sit down whilst my hb shop.. The pressure is quite painful.. I wonder if this means bb is engaged..

So now I do shopping online more than in stores.. haha.. just wait for stuff to be posted to me.. Where buy nipple cream cheap huh? I need to get 1 tube.. Just recalled after hearing Fiona's experience.

Mrs Ong: Haha.. If your EDD not too near, you should go. If not, can wait till no 2 then go also can.For me no 2 liaoz.. so must go now.. kekee..

mamaying: medela stuff should get from the BP.. much much cheaper..

eviangal: BP selling the lanolin cream cheaper than dept stores..

or u can get from robinsons/ taka as now they having sale?

regarding the pressure.. that time I also thot engaged but somehow with a lot of rest, the pressure seemed to have gone off.

I guess lying down does help..

I wonder how Mami B's doing cos she hasnt update since her C-sec on Sat..

tomorrow sending son to CC again.. yippee got time in the afternoon to do things again.

anyone know where I can get bedsheets for bassinet/ moses basket?

cos I took out my bassinet which my sis got for me my last pregnancy that I didnt use.

found the sheets are very dirty with stain, so thinking of getting new ones..

but it is second hand from Australia so not sure whether Singapore selling the sheets or not

I also wonder how is Mami B now? Not seeing any updates from her since her c-sect on Sat. Any mummies got her news?

@eviangal: ur photoshoot sounds interesting and worth for money, make me so tempted to go for it too. Too bad, I think now too late for me to plan for it, somemore on hospitalization leave, cannot simply go out and walking so much. I already told hubby I wanna go for photoshoot for my next prenancy, haha.... current one haven't popped yet already thinking of #2.

@MamaYing: I think what Ah Ching mentioned is true, BP price is always cheaper than in store price. If you can wait for the postage time, you might want to buy from BP, can save some money.

Yeah i just posted to ask about it.. and realised ah ching is right. i din see the 19 per pair. in store should be 12 a piece :> thanks all for guiding hee

Hi mummies,

i got a Medela Electric Plus Dual Pump Singapore set bought from Kiddy Palace at $309 with 10 percent discount on the 24 Dec 2010. Used less than 5 times, condition very good with a pair of brand new valves. Now still under warranty. Now selling at $250 with 50 Lactagreek (Fernugreek) pills bought from my gynae @ $30 for increasing breastmilk supply and 3 ebm glas bottle with a bundle of plastic caps. Will throw in 2 boxes of Pigeon Diaper Liners too.

package at $250

-Medela Electric Plus Dual Pump

-50 Fernugreek pills

-3 ebm glass bottles and a bundle of plastic caps

-2 boxes Pigeon Diaper Liners

interested email me @ [email protected]

thx!

@Ah Ching: Maybe Mami B got no Internet access to update us. I believe she and her princess is resting in the hospital now. Hope to see her post latest by Tuesday..

@wish_child: Is the pyjamas you bought button front? And got any brand? Feels like buying Pierre Cardin ones but I don't think I can wear them even after giving birth..

@Fiona: It's good that bb Jovan loves to drink milk. But poor you. Mums are really the most noble person in the world..!! Are you doing your confinement at your own house or your mum's house?

@Val: Oh, they don't display the rompers out? Then it'll be harder to find the shop le. Ae.. Can you set your PM setting to can accept pm? Coz I'm afraid of spam mails from sales people.

Morning mummies!

Last nite my hubby massage my lower back and though shiok, this morning when i showered and rubbed my back, it's hurt! Is it coz he pressed too hard huh? Just a quick check, all mummies started maternity leave? I still have 2 wks to go before my ML commence...

@moomoo73 - it's covered 5 topics and found all pretty useful except one of the speakers' (an old angmoh) his speech was sooo lifeless till both my hubby and i dozed off! The highlight of the day was Zoe Tay & Mark Lee esp the latter's so funny!

@eviangal - yalor no choice but to go for my next pregnancy coz abit too rush liao. This year i take myself lol...

Mrs Ong, I am going to work till Fri, my EDD is 5 Feb. hee hope to have osme rest time. though now 37 weeks and second child can be anytime liao. tml checkup then see how it goes. hee my sis in law was joking tml checkup, wed deliver! cos tt's wat happened with no 1 but 4 days before EDD.

I wanna go for foot relexology :/ maybe later. my calf is aching since it cramped on thurs night...

Zanta and ah_ching: Mami B updated in facebook. She delivered liao and think going home soon.

Morning mummies!

I'm getting kinda anxious to my D-day esp after seeing stories of mummies who have popped and pics of their cute babies haha [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] But I hope I can popped after 4th Feb so that my bb will be a rabbit bb plus i can eat to my heart's content all the cny goodies before i pop.

Btw, for mummies whose edd is in the 1st week of Feb, will you be buying any new year clothes? I'm still considering if i shd buy one pc to standby in case if i haven't pop then i can wear for cny visiting. But many friends told me dun waste $$.

Anyone went to chinatown oredi? The lighting ceremony was last sat. I'll be going down this weekend for food sampling hahaha..

Morning mummies~

@charmaine: I also hope I can pop after CNY. If better still 1st day of CNY. Hee hee.. My friend said I could be overdue cos my baby's is low but not engaged. I hope she's right! =p

Anyway I won't be buying CNY clothes. Cos every year 1st day of CNY my hubby's relatives will be coming to our house. Only on the 2nd day then we'll do house visiting. I'm prepared for my baby to be out on the first day, so I won't be buying. Haha! At the most wear old clothes lor. I also find it a waste of money, buy liao can only wear once.. If *touchwood* baby comes out before CNY then won't get a chance to wear at all. =/

Wahhh.. It's going to be very crowded, be very careful ok?

@Zanta: Errr.. How to set the setting huh? Heee... I tried to attach to your pm but I think it's not successful. So please ignore my pm message. Heee...

Val, mamaying, thanks for your reply. I'm more assured not to get any cny clothes. Coz even if i pop after cny, i'll going get to wear once and it's really ex to buy maternity clothes. But my mum kept saying it's unlucky to wear old clothes for cny and will suay whole year. Huh?!

Val, 1st pg i ever went to chinatown on a weekend evening few days before cny and that's the worst crowd i have ever been. It's so squeezy that nobody will even have the chance to see your tummy. So this time, i learn smart liao. I'll go in the afternoon or on a weekday hehehe..

@charmaine: Haha~ Think she more on the pantang side? Sometimes my hubby also wear old clothes. This year he said he has no money to buy. Haha! Pregnant woman nevermind de lah. Like what you said, maternity clothes so ex. And the thought of just wearing it once makes it even not worth it.

Wahhh.. Afternoon so hot. Haha! And most of the stall also not open yet. But it's a good chance to eat cny goodies before you pop. Free somemore. Hehehe.. I wish I can go too, but my hubby dislike this kind of crowd. And seeing my tummy like this, the more he won't want to go. =(

Val, my mum is the undecisive type, ie if i say i never buy cny clothes, she'll say huh? like tat will suay. But if i say i'll buy then she'll say wat if i deliver before cny? Faintz. Sometimes i'll get confused by her words too hahaha...

I'll go ard 3pm hehehe.. provided not raining.. My hubby is just the opposite.. he say cny must go then can experience the whole cny festival mood hahaha

@charmaine: Haha! Then you bluff her say you already bought liao. And if she asked what if you deliver before CNY then you tell her "Then you still ask me to buy?".

Wahhh so good. I every year tell him I want to go but every year also didn't get to go. =(

Val, hahaha.. tat's why i'll usually rebutt her everytime she gives me two kinds of answers hahaha..

Nvm, next year you can go with your boy. I use a sling pouch when my boy was 1yr old and so convenient. Can feed him milk and walk at the same time, unlike pushing a stroller whereby you still have to push to a corner when it's feeding time hee

finally it's monday..

then will be tues and then wed when I'll see Dr Ang again..

wonder how's my cervix progressing??

Im at a stage where feel like I want to pop anytime cos dont feel like waiting anymore..

haha but still havent got all the things ready.

dunno why got no sense of urgency.

@charmaine: Huh?? You mean you BF as you walk?? Can meh?? Haha~ So li hai! Push stroller difficult also. So crowded, then the stroller will hit people's legs. So pai seh. LOL~

@Ah Ching: I think maybe you are too tired to walk and buy. Now our tummy so big I feel so heavy and so lazy to walk. But nvm, you can ask your hubby to buy. Hehehe...

Yesterday my hubby's friend and his gf saw my tummy they were saying so big, like going to explode. Then when I reached home I looked at myself at the mirror when I was showering and I was so shock. Didn't realise my tummy really so big. And it's "drooping". LOL~

Ah Ching, do you request for VE or your gynae did w/o asking? My gynae never did VE for me, even for 1st pregnancy. 1st pg, I rmb my 1st VE was done at the delivery ward when i'm admitted coz my waterbag broke.

Val, haha not bf, it's bottle feed haha... Yes, now our tummy will be growing to the max at the final 2-3weeks. Drooping? You mean as in very broad nearer to v area?

hi Mummies,

Morning, a little update of myself.

Went to gynae check up last Saturday, bb is weighed at 2.7kg at 36 weeks. Surprisingly her weight became normal (not over-weight anymore). Poor thing, cos mummy and daddy have been asking her to "keep fit" [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

But gynae said her head is very big, hence still can't decide on C-sec or natural birth. Still monitor. Now keep talking to her to keep her head size balance. She must be thinking this mummy is hard to please :p

Another thing is i've been feeling sick, in fact fell sick, since last Thursday. Fever, cold plus cough. Very xin ku. Got panadol and cold syrup from GP, after taken feel abit better but it came back the next day. Finally got antibiotic and cough syrup from gynae. Hope they work well but it's been 5 days and my condition seems to be on and off. I am worried this condition will persist for some time. I don't want to go for delivery with this body condition (fever + cough) [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Now can only drink more water, avoid spicy and oily food, consume more vitamin C (guava) and rest. Hope i can get better soon

And congrats to all mummies who have given birth.

I am looking forward to see my little gal yet i am scared if she decided to come out now, cos i am not prepared yet (physically). i told her to endure and enjoy inside my tummy for another 3 weeks, then after CNY, i can see her liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Jolin: Oh no, I had cough a few weeks back and it was very horrible to have cough while being pregnant. I saw my GP but the medicine that he gave wasn't good enough. 1 think is he didn't dare to give strong medicine. So after a week plus I went to get medicine from my gynae. She gave me Dhasedyl for my cough and it works very well for me. My cough went off in 1-2 days. Maybe you can try to get that from your gynae too? Get well ok? =)

Val,

Thanks for recommending.

Yeah, the medicine that i got from GP is very mild, i couldn't feel any result after taken, and now i switch to my gynae's medicine. The cough syrup's name is Prospan. Hm, feel a bit better after taken. Maybe after i finished the bottle and if i still cough, i will ask for the brand that you took. Hope my gynae's clini carries this brand. Thanks ya.

And yes, cough during pregnant is super xin ku. Everytime i coughed, my upper stomach is very painful. But as i coughed for few days already, the muscle kind of adjusted to it. Now it's not that painful anymore. And i feel very bad towards my bb. Normally i can feel her kick very high (on uppper stomach, right below my breast), but now she has moved her leg to the side, maybe the muscle movement triggered by cough is very xin ku to her [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

my tummy seem a bit drooping too.. as in baby is quite low.. i was telling hubby there is only like few cm from the bump to my V....

I am so bored. I am thankful that my management has made arrangement for my lessons and pair me with another colleague but everyday most of the time i am just waiting for time to pass... 1.30 i can leave. counting down till Friday... last day then i start maternity leave. not sure if i will be bored at home as well. I am too blessed and i am complaining how silly right.

Jolin: my GP gave some tablet also and my cough recovered very quickly. i forgot the name. will check. my gynae saw the med and say not very good but can still take and i didnt ask further as i have stopped taking.

Cant wait for tml 37 week checkup. MIL and SIL going too... we r all excited hee

@Jolin: Same here! First few days when I cough the stomach so painful! Then after that like immune to it liao. But each other after I finish coughing my baby will be moving very vigourously. Poor thing, he already no space inside then when I cough the muscle like contracts he lagi not enough space inside. He must be thinking what am I doing, why is he keep vibrating. =/

Anyone knows if we can see a GP if suffering from piles? Sighz.. been a few days liaoz.. Last time apply piles ointment and it went off in a few days.. now still there and not reducing in size.. Very worried lorz.. Cos if deliver when there is piles.. its PAIN.. My last delivery wound took a longer time to heal (2 weeks) bcos the piles kept pressing on my wound.. Think too heaty liaoz.. how to become more liang huh?

Btw, saw some of you talking about buying new clothes for CNY.. In my case, I ordered some maternity/ nursing PJs from this BP seller. Find it abit ex.. But I find the designs very interesting. Cos got zip at the breast area to unzip and feed the baby with.. Even better than buttons. Can wear out and still look presentable somemore. Can consider.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?581296/4724901

Ah Ching: I found my nipple cream from last preggie. Think I will use that. Thanks for the reco.

Charmaine: Wow, you still can shop in crowded places? I am avoiding them liaoz.. I cant walk too long lately.. Awhile only and I am dying to find a place to rest my feet liaoz..

Grace: Ya.. Do plan early to take you maternity shots during no 2. Perhaps at week 36/ 37. Can go JB Taman Sentosa area to check out the packages. She Wedding is where I got my package from. Heard from Zanta City square is quite ex too...

Back