(2011/02) Feb 2011

joodz: the surface of the inner of the diaper will still be wet even after you've changed the inserts.. u can do a simulation at home.

Cloth Diapers: Do try to get cloth diapers that are fully adjustable by buttons only. My last set of cloth diapers were adjustable by buttons but secured by velcro.

I dont find this method very good as the velcro starts to lose its power overtime.. Now some of my cloth diapers had to be replaced becos of that.

Ah Ching:

This is what I found from Bumwear website:

Dealing with baby's urine

Bumwear cloth diapers, with its fleece lining next to baby's bottoms allows the wetness to pass through to the soaker material (the insert) placed in the pocket of the diapers. The fleece will remain mostly dry. With a single microfiber insert, the diaper can last about 3 hours, depending on the baby's output.

How about the solid waste ?

I absolutely recommend using a nappy liner each time. I found that if I use two layers of nappy liners, most of the baby's poo would be "caught" by the liners leaving me with minimal washing. This works well even with a fully breastfed baby poo. The little poo that might have got to fleece is washed off easily under running water. No sweat. Really :)

Solid waste are easily washed off the Bumwear cloth diapers because of the fleece material we use. Newborn breastmilk poo just slides off the fleece when it’s rinsed in the toilet. As the baby grows and has more “stickier” poos, the poo will be caught by the nappy liner. If you have forgotten to use the nappy liner, you can clean the poo-ey diapers "Princess Style" like how Jessica does it above. If the dunk and swish method of the Princess Style doesn't do the job to your satisfaction, then it's time to use the spray gun. I simply spray at the poo-ey parts until they fall off the diapers into the toilet bowl.

Baywater, next time u bake some cookies or cake for us to try next gathering? I will be very happy to try it. =) Haha my hubby he said not nice but he will finish it. Haha

Charmine, Hugs don't worry once ur gynae give u a green light then we can meet on Jan gathering. Or we can gather again with our bbs. Hehe I still remember we going to take mommies & babies photos together. =)

BTW Mummies,

recently i have been feeling this sharp poking pain in my V near the opening. it's like someone is using sharp fingernails to poke me. has anyone experienced this? could it be UTI? i have a sudden increase in musky, almost odorless discharge as well.

@wishchild - i look forward to trying your cny recipes! hahaha! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i miss baking!!!!!

mummies, isit advisable to get the avent adaptor for avent bottles to use with medela pumps? or should i get medela bottles to fit the pump? I need to get the spare parts for my medela handmedowns..

Pootz, yes will be going for natural birth. But I forgot to ask my gynae if my placenta is still low lying coz my bleeding is due to sudden slide down of my placenta causing my uterus to have haemorrage. My gynae goes all-out for natural birth and though I had a v bad experience for 1st pg (my stitches din't dissolve/drop off and wound was badly infected which tk 4mths to recover) my gynae still insists to let me go natural. Gd luck for yr GTT tmr. If u dun hv family history of diabetes, shd be fine. Do rmb to fast frm midnite onwards.

Wish_child, thanks alot. If everything goes smoothly, I can get off bed at 34 wks ie another 2weeks more so I guess I shd be able to come out of the hse by Jan? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Eviangal: Which brand of cloth diapers did you bought for your girl that time? I saw moo moo kow cloth diapers from Spring Maternity that day and they comes with adjustable buttons but are v expensive, $30 per diaper c/w 2 inserts.

@wish_child: IIRC, you bought moo moo kow's cloth diapers is it? How much did you bought them for?

I think your hubby will find the cakes & cookies you bake nice just that he don't wanna say it out so that you can improve more?

Joodz, i dun hv poking feeling but mine is like something heavy pressing down my v at the opening. So uncomfy till like my v is gg to tear open. I also hv musky, milky n odorless discharge. Diagnosed I hv an infection n must tk antibiotic. Do call up yr gynae if it's serious.

Pootz, I'll be using medela pump n avent bot too. If u will be pumping regularly instead of direct latch to bottle feed bb, more convenient if u get the connector coz u can bottle feed bb directly using the avent bot after u pump. Save the hassle of transferring milk btw 2 bottles n the washing up. I'm using pigeon n nuk bottles for my pump to store breastmilk coz cheaper than medela bottles as most standard neck bottle fits the medela pump

charmaine: thanks.. hope u are feeling better now. 2 more weeks, gambate! your second little bundle of joy will be out to say hi to you in less than 2 months time! :)

Joodz, thanks. Yes jiayou jiayou!! My boy also born in early feb ard cny. I can still rmb vividly tat I went Chinatown to buy cny goodies at 38weeks with a big tummy. Hope I can go again this time. So many yummy goodies to food taste as u walk. Haha..

hi mummies,

i have a Ameda Lactaline Personal Dual Electric Breast Pump (the latest model, BPA free) to let go at S$180. Bought in Nov 2010 (1 year warranty) and only used once. want to sell because gave up breasfeeding. please sms 97492202 if you are interested.

pootz, Sure. No problem. Will let u girls to try the CNY goodies but still not up to standard le.. Haha but i also want to know the comment for all people who try it. So i can improve. =)

Charmaine, Sure no problem. If u can meet us on Jan then we can organise a outing on Jan. =) If not maybe we can meet around ur area so u no need to travel until central area. =)

Zanta, I bought moo moo kow cloth diaper from them on the oct expo bb fair.. I bought 6 pcs + 1pcs(free) for $179. Each cloth diaper come with 2 inserts. ALso they give me freebies too. I got freebies a wetbag and Breastpad. I also bought 5 more insert too. Each insert they charge me $20. =)

Oh Zanta there going to have a BB fair at expo and they going hold a booth there.

==Date : 18 & 19 December 2010==

==Booth No : F101==

Hello all mommies, There going to have a fair at Expo on Dec.

Date : 18 & 19 December 2010

Time : 11am to 9pm

Venue : Singapore Expo Hall 5B

Zanta: Mine is from this brand..

http://www.kasihkusayangku.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=9

Just realised they had warranty.. Actually i didnt know that.. anyway, bought for almost 2 years now.. so whatever warranty also gone liaoz..

$30 per set is pretty ex lei.. Actually i saw some cloth diapers selling at $10 or less per set and comes with fully adjustable buttons.. I wonder their quality though.. so still considering whether to get or not..

1 more thing.. despite claims that cloth diapers can last till toddler, i dont really feel so leii.. cos now abit too tight for my dd liaoz.. at the thigh area.. and she is small size somemore..

Wish child, cnicole & choc:

I've sent the photos over ..

Gathering:

===GATHERING - PLS ADD ON TO LIST====

16 dec 10

1. Idaaarshad

2. BPC

3. Nashita

4. Wish_child

5. Eviangal (depends on location and time)

6. Baywater

7. Zenta (depends on time and location)

8. Unicorn(depends on time and location)

22 or 23 Dec 10

1. Idaaarshad

2. BPC

3. wish_child

4. Joodz

5. Geri

6. Zenta (depends on time and location)

7. Tangobebe2010 (22nd lunch is out though)

8. Unicorn

wow,

another gathering.

but I dont think i can join as i need to clear a lot of stuff...

think if there is one in Jan, I most probably will join. =)

Any mummies here having leg aches and pains? Just walking ard shopping malls for an hr or so i wished i can remove my legs and really send for servicing!

Tdy i was at NEX mall shopping ard and after a while my legs were achinglike crazy. This Ko Hong shop actually agreed to feet massage for preggies like me i'm so happy. And it's really good massage, not those lembeh lembeh kind..feels really good!

Now thinking of going there more often! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] The feeling ofaches being soothed away at this stage is awesome! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi, for those mommy whose EDD around CNY, how much you are going to pay for your confinement lady? My EDD is 26 Feb but I have a feeling my baby will come out around CNY time cos my first kid was out in 36th week. A lot of people said usually kid #2 will follow kid #1. Don't know how true is this?

I heard for CNY you need to pay more than the usual standard rate for CL.

Hello mummies,

John little have 20% discount on Pureen maternity pads, price before disc. is 7.95, u might want to grab it.

MRT seats

I think I m quite lucky, most of the time the person at reserved seat gave up the seat to me. But also got few times some ppl will pretend sleep once they saw me, and most of them are students. They are so inconsiderate.

Clio- =) Yea. The added weight causes us to feel more tired feet wise. Get a shoe/ sandal with good arch support- Hush Puppies are excellent for this. =D

Grace-

Dun need to specially buy maternity pads. Get a good overnight pad like Sofy or Laurier =) Sofy has this extra long one which is very helpful. ^.^ (Mummies who have been through multiple pregnancies will know what I mean. Lol.)

And yea... we have all encountered our fair share of those sort of people - both the nice and the inconsiderate.

I am of the old school of ASK if you want it. If everyone's too busy gaming or "sleeping" or reading the papers, just go up to them and go "Do you mind letting me have this seat?" with a nice smile and a loud voice. LOL. Sure get the seat one. =)

Hi Geri, do u mean Sofy 41cm overnight pad? I found it only have 4 pieces per pack. Does it has bigger packaging? If not then need buy many packs lor.

Grace- You can also get the shorter ones =) I have a mixture of sizes. Coz I think the first few nights I want a longer pad, then when it peters off, I will use the normal night pads (they have a range of diff measurements). =)

With Kae, I really found wearing maternity pads to be so uncomfy and stuffy. =p My friends who have delivered 2-3 kids already all recommend ditching maternity pads for night pads. Lol.

Make sure u get nice cottony ones - Laurier and Sofy are very comfy, soft yet very absorbent.

For those of you who are gonna use the traditional cloth diapers, you might wanna try using something Ang Mors call the "Snappie". =) Kiddy Palace actually sells these as well so you don't have to scour the net for them. They seem to be very easy to use and you won't have to worry about jabbing baby with the safety pin if he/she wriggles about.

Here is a lady demonstrating the Origami fold that we use locally and a Snappie to finish off. =) Apparently, when they get older, we might want to switch to a different fold called the "kite fold". All these can be found on Youtube. =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM-di3a0XN4&feature=related

Joodz, it was fun for me coz i've always enjoyed 办年货 at Chinatown. Really got the festival spirits [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] But hv to be careful esp the nite crowd nearing cny or cny eve. Pple there either dun care or can't see tat u can pregnant. Best to go in the afternoon.

Wish_child, thanks!! Hope I can escape frm the bed soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I saw the fotos. Very nice!

Sovrana,

I'll pay 3200 if baby comes early than 10th Feb. Else, it will be 2200.

My EDD is 19 Feb. My 1st one was born in Wk 38. my gynae keep telling me usually the subsequent borns is earlier than the 1st one..

Hi Mummies,

I finally got down to organising the mountain of baby stuff I've accumulated over the past few months. It literally fills up one baby cot bed, haha. Can I ask the experienced mummies here whether I've got enough baby clothes? I have the following in 0-3months size:

1. 4 sets of pajamas (tees/button tops with long pants)

2. 7 rompers (for going out or I guess can just wear at home during th day)

3. 1 dress

4. 3 pairs of socks

5. 3 pairs of booties

6. 5 pairs of mittens

7. 6 receiving blankets

8. 10 newborn feeding bibs

It looks like alot to me. Is this enough to last me the first 3 months?

Sent the whole lot into the wash this morning. Still got alot of clothes in bigger sizes to tackle after that. My girl is going to be such a fashionista! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cherry-

How many to buy depends on how often you do your laundry... but then again, they grow really fast from 0-6 months so you won't want to over stock.

Rompers are those cover the toes sort or onesies? =)

I recommend getting some loose tops as well- those short sleeve kind =) Don't need a lot. Maybe 3 or 4. I like wearing loose tops coz sometimes when the pee leaks, the whole onesies/romper have to wash. Loose top won't kenah the pee so easily.

Do remember poop and pee can sometimes leak out on to clothes so good to always carry a spare out with u. T.T (Carry a spare top for yourself too... Kae has had on occassions soiled my top whilst we are out & I had to buy something to change into. $$)

That's a lot of blankets and bibs though hehe!

It should last u fine- wash and wear mah. Their clothes so tiny- easy to dry. Grins.

Remember 1st mth party, ppl might buy your little sweetheart more clothes (unless like me, u specify strictly no baju gifts- just vouchers and diapers. Lol.)

Thanks Geri!

Will be living with the in-laws for the first couple of months so can take full advantage of the maid to wash clothes as often as required.

Rompers are the legless kind with snaps under the diaper. You're right, it didn't occur to me that a pee or poo leak would result in an immediate change of the whole romper. Hmm. Yes that makes separates a great idea actually [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hehe blankets and bibs came in sets and were quite cheap so I just bought.

When I first started out I initially wanted to buy gender neutral stuff so that I could use them all again if I have a boy sometime down the road but I still ended up with everything pink! I realise that almost everything comes in either pink or blue, hardly any yellow out there. The grandmas and my friends also went to town with baby girl stuff cos it's all just so unbearably cute [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my only consolation is my cot bedding is a gender neutral, yellow farm animal design.

Cherry-

Nice! My Mum, MIL, Dad and hubby will prob help me out with the housework. =) I am so moved my MIL offered- she is 70 this year and will have to travel to our place from Jurong East!! I wonder if I will ever succumb to hiring someone to come in to help with housework next time, but I am quite the prefer to DIY sort. Haha. I guess that part of me takes after my Mum most... incredible since I used to make fun of that trait of hers. Haha.

And about other colours- got lah! =) I have seen yellow and green stuff at Cotton On Kids (Novena) and Kiddy Palace. =) But yea... girly stuff are just so super adorable!!! Both my kids are boys, though Kae did wear my baby stuff & my girl cousins' baju in the initial few months. He looked fine though in a litle pink and honestly it hasn't affected his macho-ness at 8. Lol. He is always insisting on carrying the grocery basket and helping me with my plastic bags these days. Hurrah!

I am hoping I will have a girl for #3 so I can doll her up too! But really, if we do have #3, all I ask is for us both to be healthy, to have a great pregnancy experience again, and for him/her to be close to his/her siblings... to be as wise, grace-filled, intelligent, and loving as their kor kor, Kae, is (and I believe Noah will be like that too)!

@wish_child: Thanks for informing us about the oncoming fair, but I doubt my hubby will wanna bring me to the expo again because he hates the crowds and parking over there. Haha.. Actually I'm still contemplating on whether to use modern cloth diapers or traditional ones. But my SIL will be giving me 5-6 pcs of those waterproof pants which she bought online but never get to use for her son. And after seeing moo moo kow's cloth diapers, I feel like buying 1-2 sets to try coz it looks cute and convenient. Hehe.. Will try those first and see if I can tahan the washing part or not. Haha.. Btw, is moo moo kow's pants fully button or got velcro? I forgotten liao.. Do we still need to put an insert on it?

@Eviangal: You bought yours from M'sia? I also don't believe cloth diapers can be wore till the bb v big, maybe wear till around 18mths should be ok. Where did you saw those $10 a set cloth diapers? And what is the brand?

@Grace: Is JL having 20% off storewide or on particular brands only?

@Clio: Me lor. After walking for maybe an hour or so, my ankles and heels will be very painful. I think it's probably due to the water retention.

You went for foot massage? Can meh?

Zanta, for the moo moo kow diaper u need to put in insert. The diaper have 2 types, 1 is buttons and other 1 is velco. I feel velco is more easy to use than button type. Hmm bumwear and moo moo kow is the same modern cloth diaper but I find moo moo kow is more cheaper. Hmm maybe u can purchase online 1 or 2 moo moo kow diapers or maybe 1 moo moo kow diaper and 1 bumwear. See there have any different. =)

Geri, if 3rd bb is a boy too? Will u try out for other one? Hmm for me if next 1 Is a boy then I will close factory le. Haha too much kids very headache. =)

@wish_child: Ya lor, will probably buy 1-2 sets to try. Hehe.. But I need to wait for my SIL to pass me hers and see what brand is it because she herself also can't remember. The inserts you meant is the ones which came with the pants one is it? Then do we still need to paste those outside sell ones which is meant for those traditional cloth diapers?

Their washable breast pads like not bad too hor? Hehe.. But it's selling at $9/pair.

@Geri: Yup, Sofy night pad got few measurements. Ok, will get some cottony ones to try out. I don't like those with dry net ones though.

@Zantarina: JL having 20% storewide, except some nett price items and certain brands. But I saw most of the baby stuffs are on disc.

Zanta, the insert is put inside the Diaper. Unlike the traditional diaper wrap inside and wrap other one more waterproof diaper at outside again. The modern one once the insert is wet just remove the insert and replace a new insert. Unless the bb poo poo then must change the whole diaper. Becoz need to wash. Hehe

Cherry, we were told to stock up more mittens cos it gets wet really fast with the baby siliva and may use 2 or 3 in a day. Just give it a thought. We had 7 or 8.

John Little 20% storewide is never storewide. baby nursing will nt include, mostly the rompers shirts etc will have. I think

Zanta: i'm such a sucker for foot massages and back massage! I know those massage shops r just protecting themselveswhen they they turn me away, but seriously,there must be a lucrative market out there for foot massage for preggies!

I asked the guy to press more of the calves instead of soles but he did both a good job of the calves AND soles. The lady at the counter says as long as after 5 months before 8th month?

I feel like going again!

Zanta.. I got walk past marina JL.. Most nursery items are on 20%... Then got a avent temperature item going 50% off..quite alot of stuffs but I didn't buy coz was rushing to see Thomas show...

OFB.. Ya man I doubt the JL sale be as good as ntuc.. Wait till u update us any good deal from ntuc k

Hi mums,

I remembered buying J&J products from JL 20% storewide sale before ..

Still got additional 5% card rebate ..

Shd be the same this round ..

Mebe will pop by tomorrow to check it out ..

Back