(2011/02) Feb 2011

As for pain post surgery, it depends on individual and surgeon's stitching skill. I was very blessed I felt no pain from day 1 of csec til today (my son is 3 yrs old).

mami b, i saw pigeon BPA (free) bottles at NTUC Xtra Hypermart, and Giant Hypermart. It's twice as expensive compared to their normal bottles but i personally like Pigeon. I kind of biased towards brands who are solely into infantcare products, rather than Philips who sells everything they can make money. Narrow minded of me hor.

@choc: Is the container you showed us used to store BM or are they normal containers? Where can I get them and are they x?

Oh, I thought Avent appliances have normally 1yr warranty only.. Do you know if Pigeon's wide neck bottle can fit Avent breast pump?

@pootz: You confirm NUK's bottle is compatible and can fit Medela breast pump?

Alamak!! I intend to use either NUK or Pigeon bottles for my bb which I already got both, but Medela or Avent breast pump. Can any mummies advise me on which breast pump is better, Avent or Medela? I'm looking at single electronic one for both brands..

@Su: My girl is shy too during today's scan.. Dr Ang told us she's in a breach position now with her spine facing my belly so can't take a 3D pic of her today.. Hopefully my girl is ready to show us her pretty face on my next appt.. And you know what?? My girl weighs approximately 900+ gm at 26wks which seems to be quite a big bb coz Dr Ang told us that the average wt now is 600-800 gm. But I suspect my girl has got big head instead la. Haha.. Coz my hubby's niece got big head. :p

@Fiona: I check with Dr Ang today regarding the "sng sng" feeling down there and he said it's normal le. Did you experience this feeling during your 1st preg?

Did any mummies here bought clothes from Spring Maternity b4? I wanna know if their clothes will shrink/expand after washing coz I need to get afew clothes to last me thru birth now. I'm looking at their 2 for $49.90 tops btw..

!!!! ZAntarina... u are at 26weeks? i am at 25weeks.. but why our measurements seems so far apart.... my HC is 231mm AC is 206mm weight i dunno yet... and i receive the scanning picture the 15.2cm/48Hz is the crown to toe length???

Zanta, oh ur bb girl facing downwards. Oh my bb previous scan when check her gender n detail scanning also facing down woh. Wow Zanta ur bb girl weight 900+ on 26weeks. Wow will be a chubby bb that's is great. I wan a chubby bb. Hehe hope my girl also chubby.

Wini, Congrats!!! Having a princess. The measurement shld be bb crown size. Doc normal measure their head size n see the chart to know what ur bb weight. =)

wini: congrats! we have quite a lot of feb girls here. dont worry. only from week 26 will the 'official' measurement be head to toe.. before that doc always measure based on crown to rump(without the legs). you can check your scan photo. sometimes at the measurement there you can either see CTRL or FL. CTRL means crown to rump length while FL means fetal length. hope it helps:)

good morning mummies, i just got discharge from kkh yesterday. but i have to go back for scan tomorrow morning.

Nashita : i tried asking for replacement classess for my antenatal program but the replacement classes only have later classes not earlier.

i went for the nuturing your child talk last sat at kkh 11am and it was really good and informative. the next repeat talk is on 27 nov. it is free for those who join antenatal program at kkh . else its $8 . lots of goodies at the talk .

got baby changing mat, baby rompers, baby pillow, lots of sample milk. luggage tag and baby toys.

that was where they were promoting the baby play pen for $79 and infant car seat for $49. these items from baby hypermart at ubi.

yvonne : my SIL highly recommends pigeon bottles and steriliser as she says avent bottle leaks after a period.

you can use any brand of bottles on pigoen steriliser but avent sterislier can only be for avent bottles.

Zantarina - Spring Maternity very comfortable dun worry will nt shrink or expand after washing cos all my maternity clothes from them now they have promotion upto 70% @ suntec till this 8 Nov maybe u can go n take a look.

hi mummies...

long time no post leh.. was very very bz with fleas and bazzars last 2 weeks.. haizzz.. so tired... but wat to do.. wanna do something extra must have sacrifice rite?

geri.. yes i still wan u design for me for all kids.... give u the names here ok.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

1. Risha Aqira

2. Risqa Aqisha

3. Aaqil Rizky

4. Akmal Rizqin

Welcome to all new mummies on board...

care to add me at FB so mummies can look out for items you guys are interested in? i got some newborn rompers for baby girls at $5.90 each, 6-9months nike rompers (authentic as claimed by supplier) at $8.90 each, baby girls headbands with rabbit motifs to welcome their year.. m looking into bringing in some CNY clothes as well for the babies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yest went for checkup and shoots gain 1kg per month.. and the nurse can still say i look the same despite my many babiess...

baby at 25weeks cuming 26 is 900gms.. head is down though can stil move about..

my friend's bb at 26-27weeks plus was 1.1kg

Hi mummies,

Yesterday i went to town shopping--big mistake..after about 3hours or so was back home with horrendous back ache (esp tailbone/butt) area and my calves were in such pain. I'm still limping. And the pain shoots down from the butt to the thighs area..Bueh than, called for Pre Natal Massage this evening...

I surfed the net and realised tt tailbone pain is common during pregnancy? Any mummies here have such pain? It is really unbearable. The last time i had such pain was with Baby #1 but it was like at the final weeks before delivery. Now not even week #30 yet. Sigh!

Sometimes i wish the lady can massage me for 2 hours (haha) coz it really helps... but they say pre natal massage cannot too long? I wonder why.

@Ching: Thanks for informing on the wipes.. Will probably buy a few packets of Pigeon for the beginning then..

@Choc: The binder is to wrap inside then clothes outside right.. Will it be very hot and uncomfortable??

@Princess31: Initially I thought of getting a changing table too.. But was advised not to as it can only hold newborn but when they grow slightly bigger or after they learn how to turn, you can’t use it anymore.. And the prices are not cheap.. Can’t remember the price but Kiddy Palace and Kaki Bukit Hypermart sells them..

@Su/Cherry: Thanks for clarifying.. I think I still prefer to play safe.. Maybe will exchange for other toys..

@WishChild: Haha.. No need le.. I got a 5-Tier Drawer from Toyogo Warehouse yesterday.. It’s a bit small but if need can buy another one later, $49 only.. Thought of using these drawers so next time change to actual wardrobe can still recycle for storage (maybe for his toys?).. Also bought a trolley tray for napkins, pampers etc (after bath items) so can push around like tim sum trolley.. Haha.. Cheap and somemore got a few small containers for free.. Yeah! Finally can start packing this weekend!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Idaarshad: Wow.. You have a big bb too.. Hehe.. You gained 1kg a month but I gained 3kg in 2.5wks.. Feels like fainting when I saw my wt yesterday.

@PreciousBabi: ^5!! My total weight gain is 10kg b4 I eat anything.. After eating will be 10.5kg-11kg. Haha..

Wow.. You had already bought so many stuffs for your boy, guess you and your hubby is ready to welcome your boy unlike me. I saw that you had bought both Avent & NUK bottles is it? Did the SA said it's ok to put NUK bottles in Pigeon sterilizer? I got the same sterilizer as you and my hubby's SIL gave me 2 NUK bottles to let my bb try as she said NUK's teats prevent bb from choking.

@Elise: I was there yesterday. Is their sales the bazaar outside their shop? I only went into their shop w/o browsing thru the clothes outside. Haha.. I always walk with my eyes close I think. Do you normally buy a just nice top or a size bigger? I tried on their tops but always got the prob of shoulder abit tight and belly area got slight allowance for grow. So I was wondering if I should get a size bigger or not. What do you advise?

@wish_child: But I'm afraid too chubby and I need to deliver earlier via c-sect, cannot deliver naturally.. But I'm glad to see that my girl is absorbing well. You can talk to your girl and ask her to absorb the nutrients which you eat. I always do that especially when I eat more nutritious foods. Hehe.. Like if I drink coffee, I'll tell my girl try not to absorb the caffeine bcoz it has no nutritious value for her. Hehe..

@wini: Congratulations on having a princess. My gynae normally measure my bb fr head to spine b4 I reach 5mths bcoz bb's legs are normally bend so can't measure the length of their legs. Then from 5mths onwards my gynae starts to measure the circumference of my bb's crown to estimate her weight. Hope this helps. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Preciousbabi, where is the toyogo warehouse. I think i must get 1 of the trolley tray to put my girl toys n pampers.

Hello mommies. Hmm i did some cheesecake to kill times. Oh i today notice my tummy got 2 long stretch marks. Oh my god. so ugly. Somemore i haven get any anti stretch marks cream yet. Scared the marks will be there forever. =(

@zanta - Medela pump w/ NUK bottles: that's what one of the mummy told me. But I do hear that NUK has a few kinds of bottles, in terms of size - wide/ narrow neck... so you check and buy the right ones hor.

I'm interested to know where to get the adapter for Medela Pump to fit Avent bottles though...

Zantarina - ya their sales is outside their shop, for me I always buy a size bigger cos i like to wear comfortable & dun forget we got 2 more mths to go & this 2 mths our stomach will getting bigger & bigger.

@Zanta: My 10kg was weighed at last visit on 21 Oct.. Now should be more ba [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif].. We are just being kan-chiong spiders.. Haha.. Ya, they said Pigeon sterilizers can fit all brand bottles.. But I only bought 1 to try in case he doesn’t like Avent bottle..

You so funny.. Teaching your girl to be picky on food already ah?? Haha..

@WishChild: It’s at Blk 11 Toa Payoh Lor 8 Industrial Park..

Zantarina: last pregnancy no sng sng feeling in the early stage..

only when want to give give birth liao den got the feeling..

@Elise: Ya lor, that's what I'm afraid of but the SA there told me their clothes are stretchable so size m should fit me well but I'm afraid the top will go too short when my belly really starts to balloon out again. Hmm.. Think I'll just go ahead and buy a size bigger bah though bigger size make me looks figureless. Haha..

@PreciousBabi: As long as bb is growing well I think it's still worth it to put on weight bah. Hehe.. Not teaching my girl to be picky la, I did told her cannot be picky on foods and must like to drink milk in future. But when I eat non nutritious foods like maggie mee, titbits, caffeine stuffs, I'll tell her try not to absorb the foods so much coz they got no/not much nutrients. Haha..

As for the NUK bottle, did you bought the one with latex teat? Did the SA recommend that to you?

@pootz: I think NUK bottle doesn't have wide neck de, only 1 type but they got glass bottles.

@Fiona: Die liao lor, now 6mths only got the sng sng feeling at times, then 1-2mths later dunno the sng sng feeling will be more intense or not.

Hi mummies who booked for the massage,

can i noe have you gers make payment for the deposit?

Eviangal,

I just transfer the deposit to Rebecca? She will keep us inform whether we r entitle to the additional shower gel?

hey mummies,

Wah all your babies are big in size...i think mine seem small size = all weight gain is on me..haa..my baby at week 24 day 1 is 618g. Dr ang say they should weigh ard 600-900g.

Zanta: like yrs mine was facing down..so dr ang cant take the 3d scan for me..hope mine will be good next round.anyway what is sng feeling?

oh yea toking abt nuk bottle, i intend to go for that also...but i see that there's a few variety..dont know which to choose..got premium one den that is wide neck i think and they have anti colic..den got the normal one with small neck..dont know which one to go for ..

zanta: u bought latex or the silicon ones?

Our first baby : haa..but how do u guess it? through the dates?or what my husband told you u look through the list and spot me?

wish_child: u havent eben applying the anti stretch cream ? maybe u grab one now and rub daily and lots of them. i used palmer cocoa and mustela ones and love them!

clio: me! i got the tailbone pain( somewhere above the butts there). It happens when i walk for 2- hours during shopping..but it feels better after a night..

Oh yea did u mummies heard of cord spirit? is that a need to clean the cord area?

Preciousbb,

wow, u brought so many things already. That day msn with u, u only bought breast pump and starter bottles. Damn fast. What is the cotton ball for? You like puku puku huh? Heard that this brand not so bad.

Amazing Miracle, I did apply anti stretch marks cream but keep get rashes. I did apply Palmer coco butter oil n clarin treatment oil both got me rashes. Haiz so far dont dare to use any stretchmarks cream n oil. Wanna try the Bella B tummy honey stretch marks cream intro by bigflamingo. But need to wait for stock. =)

My neck and shoulder is aching so bad.. i finally called for home service prenatal massage for this Thursday! Am sooooooo looking forward to it!!!!! Wish it could be earlier. like tomorrow!!!

I also booked a facial (home service) for this Sat as my hubby and kid are attending a birthday party.

Trying to make my bed rest as comfy as possible =)

@Fiona: I start to feel that we women are really wei da, keep experiencing the changes in us during pregnancy, and enduring all the weird weird pains we have. Haha..

I think your bb should have gained another 100gm or so by this week bah coz your checkup was last mon.

@Amazing Miracle: Ya lor, hopefully by next appt our babies will all be ready and show us their cutesy face. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] The sng sng feeling I experience is those "suan tong" feeling around my pelvic bone area. It feels heavy like something is pressing down there.

The NUK bottles which my hubby's SIL gave me was with silicone teats ones, she claims they're better than latex ones.. She also said that buy those normal neck bottle is enough already. And I also bought NUK silicone pacifier. Hehe..

@pootz: So sorry, I suddenly remember NUK has got wide neck bottles after Amazing Miracle mentioned it. Hehe..

Zantarina: ya.. letting the body weight go up is already wei da already.. haha

hope all my weight go to my baby n the waterbag inside..

after give birth left with abit of weight to slim down.. pray hard.. haha

@Zanta: Agree!! So long as bb is healthy.. We can always work harder to shed the extras after birth..

I can’t remember whether it’s latex teat or the normal one.. My memory now is superb! I can forget something just after a minute.. Haha.. I shall set reminder to check tonight and let you know tomorrow..

@Joy07: Haha.. Kiasu mah.. I prefer to get things prepared rather than everything last minute.. The cotton ball is for cleaning bb’s eyes and cord.. Haha.. Not that I like Puku Puku.. But they don’t have other cartoons mah.. Then if take all plain will look so boring.. So I chose Puku for a few items lor.. But I think I'm beginning to like it more [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]..

Precious Babi, i saw a few puku items from your loots too. what are those puku items u got??

I was there on sat evening but i only went home with receiving blanket and a set of clothes. Thought of buying the rest at john little sales. but gosh u are amazing! settle most stuffs and now u can do packing. thumbs up!

zanta: ohh i got what u mean..i got some feeling like that yest evening till night..i thought it feels like a little crampy kind. but now u say, it seems like sng sng feeling.haa..

ohhh...silicone better den latex..ok i shall go see ! anyway any idea if avent sterliser can fit nuk bottles?

mami B: woo sounds good!! u deserve a good treat!

cnicole: manange to catch a few posts on yrs..hope now u r feeling ok and doing good alrdy!

Hey mummies, have you all heard about using the placenta to make into pills and for consumption after delivery?? Anybody going for it? When I first heard it, i was like "OMG"! But apparently there are some benefits to this...

Preciousbb,

can we use the cotton pad for eyes or cord? Heard that Puku Puku brand not bad. I oso very kiasu.......only short of a few big items to complete my bb's item. Haha.

Cleaning cord

Hospital gave the alcohol swaps to clean the cord until it drops off. They gave me sufficient swaps until my boy's cord dropped off. So didn't need to buy.

Pls don't use this on baby eyes. It has alcohol and will sting. Just use cotton wool n water to clean their eyes.

Moomoo, I read it in a magazine lately. Yah it sounds weird leh... I ask nurse to throw away my placenta the last time. Think I will throw away this time also... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] don't think I will be using it for soup or making pills. Hehe...

@Fiona, @PreciousBabi: I hope so too.. And most importantly, hope all of us will have BM to BF our babies so that we can slim down even faster. Haha..

@PreciousBabi, @Amazing Miracle: Silicone teat is clear white in color and latex teat is yellow in color de. So do take note.

@Amazing Miracle: I can't advise you on the sterilizer coz I bought Pigeon brand. Pigeon brand is so call can accomodate all brands of bottles.

@PreciousBabi: Which brand of breast pump did you bought?

@MamiB: You really know how to enjoy life. Hehe.. But you indeed deserve to be pampered now.

@moomoo: I heard b4 of ppl consuming their own placenta but I don't dare to try le.. Are you trying?

@Amazing: I think I got the milk powder container which I liked best, a pillow, pacifier clipper, an extra bedding set, that’s all.. I scared by 3rd tri I will be too restless to shop and pack.. That’s why got them early [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]..

@Joy07: The ladyboss of the shop told me that cotton ball is better for eyes.. Coz it absorbs water easily and I think the cotton won’t come off easily as compared to cotton pad.. But still, it’s up to individual ba.. Puku brand of cotton? Never see leh.. Haha.. I think I will buy if I saw.. What are you short of still?

@Zanta: Erm, I think the NUK bottle I bought is yellow teat.. Let me double check when I get home.. I bought the Avent electric single pump from Taka fair the other time..

Yap thank u Terrylyn n Amazing Miracle. I will try it asap. =)

Moomoo, I heard that before. But dont think will keep it. Hehe feel wierd eating that. Haha.

Fiona n Zanta, YAP YAP Mommies are always so wei da. During this pregnancy now then i know why mommy always love their child so much n also nag nag. No matter what mom do is for their child own good. Haha now then i know this when i got pregnant. Haiz also know pregnant is a very difficult job n suffer MS is so scary. =)

Hi mommies, I going let go my Clarins Treatment oil at $50 which only used once n i bought if for $80. I also let go my palmer's skin therapy oil for free. Interested mommies can pm me. =)

Wish child,

I realised I still need one more tub of Bella B tummy honey to get me thru this pregnancy. Did you manage to find a local supplier?

Otherwise I dont mind sharing shipping costs with you and any other mummies who are interested to try. I threw away my palmers cocoa alos. The rash was horrible!

Zantarina - hahaha same same here looks figureless when I wear 1 size bigger but I feel comfortable. Do u have fb? if yes u can go into the page clicking "Like" on our Fan Page & leaving them a PM and u can get a $10 voucher. =)

Hi Mums,

So many posts to go through ..

Seems like every mum has started to purchase more stuffs for their babies ..

My bb is ard 850gm at 24th week .. a little bit overweight coz the norm shd be 750gm ..

We got a few pigeon bottles from buying the steriliser set ..

So I dont think we will be getting more bottles, maybe during Robinsons sale ?

Precious Babi:

After seeing your pics, I was so overwhelmed ..

Felt very unprepared, like a lot of stuffs not purchased yet ..

Preciousbb,

I still short of stroller, breast pump and baby cot. The rest are small items. The other time BHG has 20% for pigeon items, should have purchase the brush and cotton balls. Wasted. Hehee.

Preciousbabi: the wrap is to wrap your tummy one... For me I wear it directly and hmmm abit warm lar but wan to slim down fast mah so wrap n make it tight hahaaaaa

U consider lor I confirm getting coz I wun be going for Malay massage coz I very allergic type heheee

Also ordered the after birth cream to apply on tummy after give birth

Oh ya on whether avent pump compatible with other brand of bottle hor... I really no idea coz my range is all avent leh

I feel abit bad as I didn't stock up on baby stuffs instead more

For myself this round as I got alot of hanky, towels and romper from #1... :p

Oh ya I think gmarket selling pamper newborn quite cheap and include delivery leh

Later I double confirm n post links

Back