(2011/01) Jan 2011

Lilyh,

Yes, pao sheng you can buy from EYS. It's relatively cheap compared to bird's nest or the other tonics. A few slices can steep in one cup of water if you don't want it to be too strong.

If I didn't get the type of tonic mixed up, pao sheng is sold at EYS in little plastic squarish containers, about $18-26 per container, depending on quality.

@ misty so in the end did you get your confinement lady? better start looking for one? You wan any recommendation? I also get my thru my colic's contact than call up quite a number and many of them dont do CNY and rates are around 3k lo..

Thanks Hoshi and luckymummy, will make a trip down this evening to source for it..as really getting breathless..

And do you all still get mood swings..my pretty bad [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] will flare up suddenly for nothing and feel very lousy ..like ugly and clumsy..feeling moody and all..sigh..bad bad bad cant really sleep well too

Lily, I am waiting for one CL to see whether she willing to do or not.. sigh

I also SUPER moody this week! SUPER bad mood over some incident, then I realise that when I am angry, the baby will just kick n kick n kick. Then make me even grouchier! >:<

Hi Ting [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so you bot from the BP? the shower gel and cream?

misty,

yes, me too! Was really angry over something and it really affected baby's actions too. She was kicking so vigorously as though she could feel my emotions. That made me decide to calm down and just take it easy. It's only work after all, but this is my darling offspring I need to look after.

lilyh,

I've been really really wanting to rebond my hair now, but feel guilty about doing it cos of possible side effects (which no one can confirm). It's affecting my self esteem, so I've gone for more hair wash and blow dry instead. Quite money wasting but I don't see any other solution. Yup, sleep has been quite interrupted as well. After waking up to pee, can't sleep for at least 30min thereafter.

@ misty/lucky mummy,

think we hav to cheer ourselves up which can be hard...sigh..

@lucky mummy, should be able to rebond as i hav done it before..dont touch the scalp? only if you feel comfortable abt it la..

@misty, so you wan to try my contacts ? ask the CL to recommend others? at least hav back up?

@Ting, most welcome. I'll get one botl too since there are pple getting it as well. Hehe actually just to "an wei" myself that the so call after effects wont be as bad as using normal shower gel :p

Re Pao Sheng - I got mine from Fu Hua. Understand from them that there are generally 2 types of PS. One is for taking it for "liang" another is for "pu" the "pu" ones is of coz more ex... and stronger in taste. I got the stick kind and they slice it up for me on the spot, shld have ask them to grind into powder also.

After drinking it, u can feel yr body's qi moving.

@Chabby - Confinement tingkat - Those caterer that cooks confinement food and send it to your place, just like normal tingkat we order but then it's confinement food instead. Works for pple who dont have CL or pple to cook for them during the Confinement period or with maid, but maid dunno how to cook Confinement food..

Can check out this link. http://sg.******************/articles/confinement-meals-the-tingkat-way

PM, eh, feel body's qi moving? meaning what? pass gas? LOL!!!!

Lily and Luckymummy, I also need to rebond n colour. Worst still, I got preggie when my last rebond was like 4 mths old, so now the hair looks like bird nest... I mean, literally the home of birds, not that tonic! Sigh!

@PM so u bot one bottle la [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i feel like buying lay as am going to bath lo [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks for the info..at least we can tell them its for pu [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@misty

ya i went for coloring during my 2nd tri lay [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and also going to perm and color again mayb end nov or beginning of dec [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] aiyo the way you say it so funi! hahah

@misty, hahaha no lah, I already got alot of gas in my body... cannot have more leh.. Burping every second.

@Lily, yes going to buy but have order from that link yet. Am going to do so when I have time :p

I wanna dye my hair.. my white hair all appearing already.. I look like some qian nian lao yao now... :p

Poormummy,

you very funny. the "qi" is not the fart or burp type la..my gas escape via the other way.. fart. warn my students in class.. they all give me a look.."cher.. can spare us the details?? now i wan to change to back seat in the class." muhaha.

my FIL will cook. haha.. so dun need confinement meals. seen this type of service before. thanks for sharin.. will bookmark it, in case the food my FIL or mum cook not food i'll eat.

lily, luckymummy, misty,

insufficient sleep will cause one to be bad tempered. i'm not having enough sleep also. trying to stay calm if i can. but a few of my colleagues kana so far. so sorry to them. but remember you ladies talked about the TIMES magazine article. must remind you that stress may cause the baby to suffer from schizophrenia when they are adults. manage your stress ok?

@rebond/dye hair: Me dying to do that too...and my natural curl is very jialat that sort...my plan is to go rebond maybe 1-2 weeks before I expect to deliver...at least I 'an wei' myself I minimise the period that baby is exposed to chemical..and will ask hair dresser to keep away from roots... But u guys are so right about the self-esteem thing...I really feel very ugly leh...and the main thing is cause of the crazy hair!!

BTW, wanted to ask you guys what sort of changing stations are you guys using? I was initially intending to just change baby on a mattress but experienced mummies tell me that constantly bending forward creates a lot of stress for their backs so they reckon a changing station is best..what do you guys think?

kikapo,

my bed is quite high. will use the matress to change diaper still. i've officially call my hubby "the diaper man!" To get him ready to change diaper when the kid is born n when he is home. if need so, then buy bah.

or you wan wan to buy a second hand one to save cost. some of the play pen has a changing stationat the top. you can consider investing in that also.

I would like to have a changing station, underneath can store things too. But my baby's room is kinda small, and it's not an item that converts easily to anything else later on. Don't wanna end up with more junk. Maybe can sit on the edge of the bed and change baby in the centre of it? Are there cheap changing stations? Is there such a thing as a board/platform you can place across the top of the crib to change baby? That is the best modification I can think of.

kikapo,

yah I will go rebond my hair around mid december cos I can't imagine feeling frizzy, oily, fustrated and sleep deprived all at once during confinement!

Paosheng is supposed to enhance strength and make you more awake so it's good to drink in morn. cordyceps is to build up immunity. Ever since I drink it, my sinus is like 10 times better than before.

Am gonna do confinement for 40 days cos my hubby found one whose package is 40 days. Dunno how to survive for such long period. Furthermore confirm will be thru CNY [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Chelley:

are you taking 1 bedder? Heard MAH has only 1 deluxe 1 bedder and all other 1 bedder are single rooms.

Hi all ladies

I m sooo addicted to coffee I cannot keep my eyelid open if I dun have my daily fix. I m currently on course so I m struggling to resist e 2nd cup of coffee.... So glad I have company...

I bought a bb playpen tht has changing unit also. Plenty of ppl wanted to give us their preloved playpen lol.. But my hb n I rejected all favors... I need to be sure that e bed tht my bb sleeping in is safe n clean... Really can't be too sure with old ones... I got e inguinity playpen that have a slight reclining feature. Love e color and e cute design - it's like yellow bright color...

By e way: thanks all mummies for ur encouragement for my tiny tummy!!

MTB:

Ladies, I am having some discomfort down there when sitting down and getting up, changing positions when lying down after day of work since 2 weeks. Today when bathing I noticed swollen labia down there on only right side. It is not painful but disconfortable when lifting my legs. Any idea what it could be, i didnt have it with my DD. No itching or abnormal discharge though.

I am into 27 weeks now.

how about a chest of drawers as a changing station. look for one that is a good height, not too low not too high. can use the top to change bb and the drawers below to store things.

when bb bigger, no need changing station, the top can easily be used for more storage.

nimkulut, when you say playpen, are you also using it as baby's cot?

sherill, could you be overly fatigued? I do feel a strange numbness there sometimes, after peeing, but it passes quite quickly.

grumpus, thanks for the suggestion. I still will have a problem of a lack of room to move around. Think I will keep to using the guest bed in the baby's room as my changing station. The next best alternative that I won't have to buy, and is the right height is my ironing board! Hahaha but given my size now, I doubt that baby will be that small.

Hi, Sherill, maybe u can call yr gynae to see if it's normal?

I'm also addicted to coffee. But ever since I'm pregnant with my #1 last yr, I completely skip coffee. And even after he's born, I also nvr drink any coffee at all. Till this pregnancy, I still nvr drink a single sip. Guess I already forget the taste of coffee and I no longer miss it even if i smell it.

My mum will make paosheng with meat every 2 weeks and birdnest with paosheng the next 2 weeks. And I ate apple everyday. A lot of ppl said tat my #1 got very nice complexion.

luckymummy: I am not so tired and sit most of the time in office with legs elevated. I wonder could it be from baby weight or long sitting hours?

Kikapo - Actually I feel most lousy abt my big butt... :p

BTW, anyone going for maternity shots? Tummy big big and the middle line out liao, can go shot if keen .. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Changing station - Yes it's true try not to bend over at our bed. Very straining to the back. My changing station that comes with the playpen. I find it v useful. I will put those supplies at the side pocket of the playpen and changing is v easy. Wont be "kalang kabo" all over the place....

Mag - 40days!?!!? me thinking to do just 3 wks :p Whahhahaha

Sherill - Is it due to abrasion? I had it once when I wore too tight undies + pantyliner. I just let myself be undies free for the night, think over 2 night the swell went off.

@Luckymummy - *Hi-five* yeah, me too..can't stand the frizz man...and if we wait till after delivery, then will hit CNY period...loads of pple and surcharge and sitting there in the chair for hours will just mean we have to keep changing the disposable breast pads..hahaha..and rebonded hair is much easier to manage...but I still cut my hair to chin-length recently..so hair-drying time is shorten..

@Grumpus - Yeah, i think a chest of drawer may be a good idea..i just need to figure out the space I have in the spare room..have to fit CL and maid, and everything else that belongs to baby...challenging...

I just had very bad stitches at the side of my tummy...so painful till cannot walk properly...colleagues all have that worried look...think i prolly freaked them out.

PM : oh really? I will try your tip, i didnt think it was tight [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]. In fact it is not painful but uncomfortable to lift my legs even into pants.

Mag:

I went for the MAH tour yesterday. I'm aiming for a 1 bedder at Our Lady's ward. They have 5 regular single rooms in that ward but I cant recall how many deluxe single they have. Anyway the price not much diff between the 2, so if they are out of single rms then I'll opt for the deluxe. Oh, are u signing up for the parentcraft classes there??

Thanks Chabby will remember that in mind [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For me am thinking of getting a playpen cum changing bed? but i will be using my prelove baby cot from my 1st one.

yes i agree on an apple a day Daphne, i had tat when i had my son but this pregnancy not into apple hahahah

Hi Lily, am considering to order the shower gel and shampoo only. am still trying to gather more info on the products from internet and review but can't find lei. as for the cream, i don't think will be getting them now. the organizer stated that the ginger cream quite hot. so not sure if it is suitable for me to apply it when i am taking care of my baby.

Dear mummies,

I am letting go of 3 new Avent (BPA free) white bottles, 260 ml (9 oz) which I bought it at Kiddy Palace. I've switched to NUK teat last saturday thus I have no use for Avent bottle as I realised that she dont like to suck on Avent teat

$10 for each bottle.

Kindly email at [email protected]

Hi Ting, ok so mayb we should just trying the shampoo and shower gel? But i have sensitive scalp so wonder this shampoo suitable or not? Oh the cream super hot if hav sensitive skin later will hav rashes? am also afraid tat y askin and see whether anyone buying [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Mummies,

Brand new deluxe myBrestfriend nursing pillow for sale. It is the #1 choice of lactation consultations.

Colour: Pink

Pillow Cover: Baby soft plush

Features: Extended strap for larger size, One-handed adjustable velcro strap for easy on, silent buckle for easy off when baby is sleeping.

Purchase retail price: S$89.00 (Purchased made from Mums & Babes)

Willing to let go at $60.00 (Self collection at Bishan/AMK/Yishun MRT Control Station)

Please email me @ [email protected]

Seems like many mommies baby's cheek already *fat fat*, doctor say my baby cheek still thin :-(. But my weight gained is normal, doctor say max 2kg every 4 weeks.Doctor advice to start eating more healthy food now bcos baby started to really grow by double. e.g 600g>1.2kg>2.4kg (every 4 weeks count). healthy food: cod fish, salmon fish, red meat.

re: changing table

Option 1: buy 2 toyogo 3 or 4 tiers drawer. drawer can keep baby clothing, then go ikea to buy a baby changing foam (those tat blow air type), place on top of the toyogo box, it's about the standard height. then we dun need to bend down a lot.

Option 2: choose those baby cot that has 4 adjustable level. I went and view tat the first level is the nice height to change baby without bending too much. of course if you are real tall then no choice.

Option 3: Portable changing table that you can play on the baby cot. this cost 100+. mothercare got sell this.

Really try not to bend down too much, many frens told me tat it's very bad for our back bcos our body structure is now changing (loosing) so to let the baby grow inside our tummy, after deliver, all structure still consider lose lose type and it take time to recover.

re: swollen labia

Sometime I felt mine a bit swollen than pre-pregnant, no pain and feeling at all. as for the hard to leave the leg to wear pants, i tot it's due to big tummy, so i din think of the relation from swollen labia. I din ask my gynae :-(

menses feeling: Amy mommy here have this feeling sometime? I started to have this feeling since last week, it won't last for long hour, just may be 5-10 minutes then it will gone. it came back after x days. Issit bcos my placenta is low?

rest: ya, not enuf sleep can really make our mood more cranky. Din sleep well since saturday and suddently feeling weak yesterday in the office, and have the dizzy feeling...:-( mommies...try to rest more as you can.

re: shampoo: I plan to buy one also, so long as is not those powder type..and I will tell my in law tat this is chinese herb type, specially for confinement..hope she will nag lesser when i wan to shower...

I'm feeling excited, worried and nervous..mixture feeling. I will know in next 6 weeks time whether my placenta is migrated or still low. Then I will know whether I will go by natural or c-sec, if c-sec, then I will know my baby will arrive in next 6 weeks time. time flies...very very nervous..

@Kimmy, menses feeling? Bloatedness or cramp? If I walk too much I will feel the pressure pushing downwards. I get super cramps when I need to go do big business, pre preg I wont get cramps...

Dont be nervous. All will be fine. Remember our mood affects BB, thus just try to relax.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Poor mummy: it's not cramp cramp feeling, only have the *menses is coming* feeling, lower tummy will have a bit of *suan suan* feeling...dunno issit bloated feeling...cannot figure things probably nowaday.

yaya, will try to stay calm...haha

@kimmy, yes i do feel crampy feel and soreness below..esp when i am rushing or get too excited..so tell myself to slow down cant even walk fast now later look like penguin. >_<

Cant bend down too..feel relly clumsy at times..and i am those kan cheong type so make all worst when i need to rely on pp to pick things or take things etc..

@ kimmy ya the suan suan feel yes i do get them..like mense cramp so think its normal i did mention to my gynae before say its normal so long no spotting or contraction feel..

kimmy,

heard that the braxton hick feel like menses cramp. could be that.

lily,

dun feel bad. i refuse to bend down to pick things up.will jus ask hubby or students to do for me. muhaha.

sheril,

think shld be fine.try google for something on that? i can't see what's down there for a very long time. poor flexibility. sit down n wear pants/underwear.. worry i clumsy. almost trip once when i got home to change. too tired.

Hi Lily, good to hear it's normal...ya, no spotting and contraction..and I dunno how contraction feel also...:-(

yes, very clumsy nowaday...I got problem washing my foot now..kana blocked by my tummy.

Morning - tummy smaller

Noon - started to grow

nite - very heavy

Ladies,

I know of this salon in Kovan area that uses organic dyes. Haven't tried them out yet, but not sure if they have "organic" solution for rebonding too... Maybe can consider using organic stuff to comfort our vanity....

Hi Kimmy,

contraction shld feel like the stomach tightening and u feel pain..

me too washing feet, and wash face also tummy knock basin [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] clumsy hahha

Same here

Morning - tummy smaller

Noon - started to grow

nite - very heavy and like my tummy mergin with my breast...sigh..cant sit up right also [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

chabby: yes i have to do that, sit everytime to wear bottoms. I goggled and it seems it is varicose veins which disappear after delivery. I will sure ask my doc next wednesday visit since I have no ther symptoms.

Kimmy: just be hapy that it is going to be over soon and you will hold the baby in your arms[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] It is very normal to have all those mixed feelings, I am also in 7th month and have same feelings specially about delivery.

Kick: I am sure u know it

Turning: a big lump moves in your tummy from one side to another

Hiccup: regular , less intense kicking for a minute or so

BH: hardening of uterus muscles like pulling or stretching sensation

Thanks Lily and sherill...Will try to figure out the different movement feeling. I guess the turning one is the one tat make me feel *geli*, as for the hiccup, I will tot tat baby moving her hands, tat's y not so strong...

I'm looking forward to hold my baby in my arms, but sometime also scared they r too cranky..try to give *tai jiao* as much as I can...hopefully it helps..

hey mummies,

jus woke up from post dinner nap.

could hardly get off the bed. tummy too heavy to turn and get up. end up calling hubby to give me a hand.i can't imagine the 3rd trimester when 26 weeks is giving me problem. tot now i'm ball like... easier to roll, but doesn't seem to be the fact.

Poor mummy:

Yes. No choice. 40 days is standard that the CL does and my MIL also said it's good to do 40 days. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Chelley:

went for tour too. There is only 1 deluxe and the diff is with carpet. They only have limited newly renovated rooms so it depends on availabilty when u check in. Otherwise it's the old rooms.

MTB:

wanted to check whether anyone has problems controlling their bladder. Or at times maybe can't control slight amt of urine as well

Hi mag,

I usually have frequent urination but sometimes small amount of urine will leak. Its because of our growing uterus that create pressure on our bladder that is why sometimes we experience incontinence. IF we sneeze sometimes small amount of urine will pass.

Hi MTBs,

I am selling a set of 3 125ml avent BPA Free Bottles. BRAND NEW!! STILL IN SHRINK WRAP. Selling because I realised i bought too many bottles.

RETAIL PRICE: $32.90

Bought at Baby Fair at $26.32

Willing to let go at $25!

Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

Back