(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Jus went for my last gynae visit yesterday, baby weighing 2.6kg... Doc commented tat my belly looks big, baby does not appear to b as small as e measurement.

C-section w epidural confirmed on coming Thurs @ 9am... Then it sets in.. E day is really approaching! I hope I dun regret my choice of gg thru epidural. E doc's assistant told me one of e common effect is shivering... Makes me scared.

cant sleep fr 4+, 5am. So went Mustafa with hubby and hope with walkin can trigger labour. But then...still came back home instead. But happy as bought 5 piece carters bb blanket for meimei at $25 and some disney hankies at 40cents each. Kekeke.

Hopefully meimei can make her grand entrancce today. Left 2 days nia

Ytd I tried 2 hrs interval with bm. Then at 10.30 at nite I gave fm which I thought will last longer. But it lasted her 2 hrs plus only. So I increased the fm from 60ml to 90 ml. End up she pikes milk.. Gosh.. Wat can I do or should I jus give in to her demand?

Bam> my baby also vomit milk, some mummies share before because the valve is not closed or something so its common & i read it last till about 6mths? i everytime also very emo when i saw bb puke milk.

Bam n Mummywong: I give my bb 75ml, she used to be able to sapo everything in mins, can last her 3 hrs. But these few days, she will want out to vomit the milk, puzzling... So CL give her pats n rubs in between milk until she finish up without puking. I duno if the puking is normal or not. But if it persists, think I will call the PD to ask.

I'm 2kg to pre- preggie wt! Am I loosing too much too fast? Oh dear, Is this the reason why my milk supply is so miserable? I hav eating regularly leh, but maybe not enuff rest.. Haiz. Anyone is loosing wt big time and still got milk?

Hi all, last night I tried to pump bm every 3 hrs.

Managed to do it once at 11plus, at 4am then couldn't cos bb kept fussing. Seems like he wants to latch on direct. He had been latching on direct for the past 2 weeks. I. Tried to give him more fm at 70ml and he either can't finish and will fall asleep during his feed or he refuse to suck. But when I put him down he'll cry and cry. Thought he is colicky so put ru Yi oil and change diaper. Refused to sleep frm 5am to 8am. I was so tired I almost doze off several times. No energy to pump bm. Slept til 10.30am now pumping milk.

Last night I managed to pump around 120ml frm both breasts at 4am seems like it's true when my fren say can yield more bm during the night cos has sufficient rest! Going to attempt night pumping again. If needed will latch bb to satisfy him first.

Jewel, lose wt fast is common I guess, since uterus is getting back in shape, no more waterbag all that.. Jo also lose wt quite fast.. Don't stress urself..

May I know do u all use the bottle detergent everytime u all wash the bottles for BM? Thanks

Jewel - I am 4kg to my pre preg weight, guess it's good since we can lose weight faster due to persistence sweating just remember to replenish fluids as much as possible then will have more milk. My ss is abt 180ml per 3-4 hrs. Ss is still enough for bb cos she only drink 60ml per feed

Hi Blanche,

Welcome and Congrats! Haa... I think both our situation is the same, a princess after 2 Gor Gor. My 2nd boy age gap is 6yrs apart from Mei Mei. and both of us has the same edd too.... Haaa... But I gave birth on 8 Nov.

*about bb head engaged, my gynae said sometimes bb only engaged during birth, mummies dun worry if ur bb head is not yet engaged.

Bam: may I suggest you do a demand feed first. Once her demand feed is stabilized, which takes only days, you probably will know how much milk can satisfy her. Once you know how much, you can start fixing the timing. Bb's regurgitating milk is very common and it's because of the valve not closed. Mummywong is right that it may last till 6 months when all of the bb's organs are matured and fully

functioning. So for now, go slow, increase bit by bit. It's may

not be feeding prob but can be colic, stomach upset.. And

other problems. A good way to burp is to put a piece of cloth

over your shoulder then put her upright and burp. Hope this helps.

Jewel: rest, and consistent latching, SS will increase. Eating well and resting well are also contributing factors to successful breastfeeding. Jia you! Regurgitating is normal, lc told me burp properly saves your money to PD. Go PD, they will give you motillium to ease the regurgitation. I prefer no med.

I lost 13kg during the first week! This week haven't weigh, hopefully will be consistent. 

Hammie: yes, ESP breast milk more 'oily' so got to use detergent first b4 sterilizing.

Jo: I aso dun wan to give bb med if possible... Will tell CL to go slow. Thks for the info.

Koori: wow 180ml is alot... *v envy*. I just need enuff to give her.. ;(

Wah Jo u lost 13kg? !

How I wished!

Last night when I weigh I still have 12 kg to go.but my tummy seems smaller. Mil been giving me gd food. The portion is not small also. I reckon I will only start taking smaller and healthier food after 40 days confinement and then weight loss will kick in. One thing for sure I've been excessively perspiring but the weight is like the same. I put on 19 kg for this pregnancy. Haiz.

Koori, so it's not just me having the sng sng feeling at V area after giving birth at times ya.. It's like you have to 'hold' it back like going to pee kinda ya.. Told my ML and CL auntie, they say it's like tt, that's why we have to sit dwn whilst drinking and eating.. If not will 'drop' further.. So serious?!

Jo: Wow you lost so much weight.. *Envy~

Day 10, i only lost ard 8kg, still have 10kg to go!

Re:post Natal Massage

Has any mommies started the malay massage? I had 2 sessions alrdy, really cant tahan the binding.. 1st session, i endure for 10 hrs, 2nd session, i endure for only 6hrs.. Btw hw many sessions is appropriate?

Re: Drinking Pattern

My bb gal is drinkg 80ml at day 10 le.. Issit alot?

mummies who pump every 3-4 hrs, can I ask how do u all do it? I mean, won't bb want to latch on every 3-4hrs too? so how to squeeze in pumping time?

This morning is the first time my bb "merlion-ed". I guess she wasn't feeling too comfy, but I was feeling engorged, so I blur blur thot she was hungry. She did latch on and drank, but soon after she "un-latched" herself, she merlion-ed. hehs. Think I must have overfed...

Jewel, yah, I shd stay away from water...but horh...sometimes my #1 throw tantrums...only want ME to bathe her. How to stay away??? haiz...cham manz.

Jo: if go buy demand feeding the qty still the same? As in if she is drinking 60ml now. Everytime she cries and I prepare 60ml regardless of the time interval?

Thanks all for the warm welcome [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

VT: The coincidences are really uncanny. My first boy and meimei also close to 6 years difference. He'll be turning 6 in Jan 11.

I was also suppose to go for planned c-section on 8 Nov. But girl had to get herself entangled with her cord. If not, both girls birthday also the same!

Jolyn - yes like urine have to hold back a bit. Advisable to sit or lie down more to prevent backache.

Re : massage

I started my massage 4days le. Wrap is from 12 to 5pm then can remove and bath.

hammiebao – My gynae check bb engaged or not via ultra sound.

Blanche: Welcome & Congrats too!

Bluesoda - my bb only half engaged, my gynae told me not to worried coz some bb will only engaged when we deliver them.

PTB – Ya lor! So we just monitor bb got movement will do.

Jolyn: I just finished my 7 days massage.... I wrapped ard 5 hours max.. too lazy and also because I hate that sticky oil feeling so wanna to bathe... on last 2 session i didnt even bother to wrap le... haha. The ML was saying the longer the better thou.

strawberrys79> wow now u have 120ml! congrats! my supply already dropped till 80ml each pump, but i don't want to give up, continue to pump diligently every 3hrs, hope it'll increase back to initial 150ml soon.

Koori> ya i also envy u, now have 180ml, think trismom previously said she has about 200-220ml each pump, she also steady!

hammiebao> i also use baby bottle detergent wash before i sterilise.

CSI_Fan> either u got to feed bb first/ or u got to pump first unless yr hubby volunterrs to help u bottle feed?

Koori/Jen, yep ML still ask me to sleep with the binder on.. seriously i cant even fall asleep lor.. And yes i hate tt oily feelg and esp i need to pump milk.. So after the days of massage, the tummy got go dwn alot?

Bam: yes. If 60ml is her current intake, start with it and monitor the time and amount she demands. You should be able to make deductions whether she is drinking enough, her cries are because of hunger, how much she can drink. When amount is not enough and needs tone

Increment, then increase 10ml and observe. Feed slowly. Hope this helps.

Re: massage

I wrap for about 20 hrs. Wrap and sleep...it's so tight that I won't have appetite for lunch and dinner loh. But will endure for the sake of good figure. :p Anyway the ML that I've engaged can never confirm on what time she can reach my hse. 1st appt, she came at 3pm, 2nd appt - 1pm, 3rd appt, she wanted to come at 6pm but I told her to come on the next day instead...

Confinement food

My CL hasn't cooked any sesame chicken or pork trotters for me up till now leh. What are you ladies eating daily huh? For me, I have been taking bee hoon soup for breakfast. mee sua for lunch, rice + 3 dishes + soup for dinner, and another kind of soup for supper. The food that CL cooks are quite healhty, but doesn't seem like the usual confinement food?

Strawberrys, Jolyn: ya, that was first week hopefully it is consistent throughout till I lose whatever I need to. I eat many small meals a day plus my massage helped a lot!

Jolyn, what is it that you cannot tahan? The hot oil? If you feel hot just ask the ml to put lots of bb powder to relieve the heat before she binds you. Hope this helps.

Hi jolyn, I started my massage today is 7th day. Tummy reduced alot. My massage lady Is Chinese and her rate is very gd. She's also punctual and nice. Been using jamu herbs for tummy wrap today she used a slimming cream for my tummy. Not so stinging hot more cooling type. Hehe usually I wrap for 6 hrs can't stand Liao cos whenever I sweat the tummy gets very hot and uncomfortable. This morning went to weigh myself body weight gone down almost 2 kg. Still have 10 kg to shed!

Bam/Jo, my cl auntie increase the milk at less than 10ml each time.. On weekly basis, so tt if bb dont finish, wont go to waste also..

piggydog, steady la.. 20hrs! Faintz~

How many days are you into confinment le? For me, today consider 9days.. For breakdfast, i took a cup of milo/oat, half-boiled eggs + bread with cheese or wholemeal bread with eggs/cheese+ a small btl of chicken essence.. Lunch will be mee sua and dinner will be rice, veg, meat and soup.. I heard 12days onwards then will start to have those confinement food wor.. Not sure if it's true [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jo, i cant tahan the oilness.. To bind for a few hrs im ok though but def nt thru'out the night lor..

strawberrys, yep i totally surrender esp after a meal.. Sweating like nobody business.. The heat the oil and the sweat makes me give up altogether.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Piggydog,

All my confinement food is cooked w sesame oil n I had pig trotters on my day 12. CL said b4 day 12 just take tonic soup wo the expensive herbs cos body still expelling the bad blood.

Piggydog: I already started eating sesame chic, chic wine, hong zhao chic and pork trotters will be next. Pork trotters can start after 12 days I heard.

Bam/Jolyn: ya, that is workable also. Start from 10ml then plus minus from there may cut short the wastage. No right or wrong way, at your preference.

I am on my day 16 liao. Today, my MIL brought a fresh supply of chicken and pork trotters... so maybe the CL can start cooking those food liao. Thanks for letting me know about food intake after day 12.

I'll ask CL about it if she still doesn't cook. Cos sesame chicken is one of my fav food!

Re: confinement food

I already started eating sesame chicken, red rice wine and pork trotters. Heard can start brewing tonic to eat now.

Hammiebao, initially, i jus sterilise the new bought bottles directly, but its abit 'oily' still even tho they are new. so i wash them w pigeon bottle n food detergent, and sterilise again. now its better. so am goin to stick to the detergent next time.

Jolyn: my aunt told me to sit down while drinking too. She say my elder aunt had problem w her v n can't hold her urine coz she didn't guai guai sit down while drinking.

Piggydog/Jolyn: my CL n relatives also say initially eat normal food. CL say 12days later eat confinement food.

Hi mummies...i'm back hm with my galgal this afternoon..will update birth story maybe tmr..

Tenderhearted, can help me update birth list?

My gal Shayne gv birth on 12 Nov, 2.97kg, 51cm.

Thanks.

Thanks Jo. Now I only feed when she cries. Like this morning feed at 9.45am. She can tahan till 12 plus coming to 1pm. And subsequently she wakes up every 2 hrs for milk.. Then later at nite I'll give fm. Hope can last her longer lor

Confinment food:

I hav milk, chicken essence + bread w cheese for bf, mee sua for lunch, veg+pork/chicken+soup for dinner.

For mummies who give formula milk, do ur bb poo on almost every feed? My bb seems sleepy all the time n can't stomach all the milk at one go... Afraid jaundice is back, cos heard it peaks from day 5-7 leh. Wonder why the PD review bb so fast [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

tenderhearted...yah i know quite weird to just email and ask about the licence haha...else we go NEA website to find ourselve lor

Vividip...good luck with your C sect on thurs... mine on tues :p but GA :p

woah..jewel you lost weight so fast ..envy sia...

notice alot of mummy dun sleep well at night cos that is one of reason why some can lose weight fast haha... my gosh cannot imagine my turn...cos i used to sleep at least 8hrs per day so wonder can i take the less than usual no of hrs of sleep or not

VT yah...i think i know the reason why my BB movement lessen...cos i cut down my milk intake cos scare he very overweight and after gynae visit realised he only gained 70g and so i restore my usual 2 times milk in take and i notice these 2 days he become active again haha so i must have "starving" him for a couple of days haha he no energy to kick bah

Dear mummies,

Been wanting to log in and share my birth story but didn't have time (and wasn't well enough) to do so until today! Today is already Day 5 post-delivery for me. ;)

I'm sooOoo glad bb chose to come out 4 days earlier than his EDD, coz the new gynae I switched to was supposed to be on overseas conference ard his EDD!

Here's abit of my VBAC experience..

8 Nov

Started having contractions every 10 min apart, slight bleeding.

Made appt to see gynae in clinic at 12pm. Did VE and was 2.5cm dilated.

Also did CTG for the 1st time and was told bb's heart rate is good (means he's coping well with the contractions)

After dinner contractions was 5 min apart, called clinic's emergency no. and was advised to admit.

Got myself admitted to delivery suite at 9:30pm, still could walk and talk till past midnight

Started using laughing gas to relief the pain till the real pain set in at abt 2am.

9 Nov

Nurse gave IM pethidine on thigh at abt 2+am. Could relax abit but was trembling.

Was told that only 4cm dilated and still a long way to go! *sweat*

6+am pethidine effect started to wean off and I was screaming in pain!

Ordered epi and dr (both anesthesiologist n gynae) came in at ard 7am (CTE traffic jam!).

After epi calmed down abit, gynae did VE and was 6cm dilated.

Slept all the way from 8am to 4pm, when I was finally fully dilated!

Nurse asked to push when she detected I had slight fever.

Pushed more than 10 times to no avail.

Gynae came in at 430pm, I pushed with assistance and bb was finally out with vacuum at 438pm.

Jollymum,

YES, I DID IT!!!! I'm so GLAD!!!

Must share the joy especially with you coz I wouldn't have done it without ur kind words!

I was in pain and abit of post-natal blues after delivery but I'm still glad that I pulled through! It's a whole new dimension for me after that..

And yes Dr Lai is very professional and I felt very safe in his hands even though I've only met him twice b4 my delivery!

Thanks again to you!!

hi mummies, how r u all doing..

havent been able to log in..baby wasn duin so well..

'merlion'ing non stop >>PD telling it's normal! :S

phelgm:pD said dun have..went to OPD.they gave sum medicine...now slightly better..

U ladies r wunderful..BF so regurlarly..i feel so lousy n lazy!! totally on FM..like 90:10%!! :S

after seeing u ladies, i decided to re-form..FROM TOMORROW!

Congrats to all moms who have given birth!saw sum pics from FB!lovely!!those who r gonna deliver,all the best![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

PTB: tats cos I put on 10 kg when pregnant, bb is almost 4kg & placenta 1kg... so after loosing some air + water retention.. maybe ~3kg.. Im left with 2kg... haha. Best is Jo 13kg!

I realised I sleep less these days.. but I dun feel v sleepy.. maybe the stress :p

Bam: I'm taking the Lactaction Milk from Ammum ;) I also take Milo on some day.

Jean> congrats for the successful VBAC! so u really switched to the gynae same as jollymummy, at wk39 right? so happy for you! how's the feeling of natural versus c-sec for u?

Twinfish> good weight wo, share with us your birth story when u are more settled down tomorrow.

Jewel> me same as you! sleep lesser but like don't feel sleepy, but at around 2-4pm when bb nap, i try to nap nowadays as it's really tiring to wake up for at least 2 times in the night to pump and also waking up early when bb wakes up for the morning feed around 7-7.30am.

Dimple> BM is good, but needs alot of determination & support. i cannot imagine when i need to go back to work, how am i going to manage, as i worry supply will reduce with less latching etc etc..plus all the inconvenience of BF, engorgement etc..

Confinement fd> my CL said try not to eat chicken for first 12days but as she arrives on my day8 of confinement i already ate chicken! everyday revolves around ginger & herbs, but the more exp herbs are after 12days as the body need some time to expel those blood etc. my breakfast variety are usually bread/biscuits/mee sua/guay teow/fried bee hoon, lunch & dinner are usually rice with herbal/wine soup, vege, meat/fish.

Jo, the cabbage leaves worked well to relieve my engorgement. By the time I saw Yr reply, i already put on the leaves. So I didn't put on more after that. My supply today is still more than enough for bb.

2nd time mom, I'm wondering if I shld pump out my milk coz its more than enough for my bb. Any mom who did exclusive latching from the early days?

Back