(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

I've managed to get Dr Ang. He told me if not heavy bleeding with cramps. It's ok. He ask me to monitor. If got heavy bleeding he ask me to admit hospital.. So monitoring now lor...

I'm afraid it has something to do with the yellowish discharge ibmentioed earlier. Which I told Dr Ang before. And he says it's nothing too.... Haiz...

janO

so far my doc predicted 80% ger so im keeping my finger cross for the next 20% to be filled up after d scan 2mr. cos my #1 is a boi so of cos pray hard tat #2 is ger ger kekeke...

Bam

i ustd how u feel but jus stay calm n tok to bb ask her stay strong n let spotting stop. it works... monitor til 2mr morning n c how. if stil c blood jus go straight to his clinic n do a scan to hv peace of mind, anyway u already sign package already rite? so no need to pay ma..

take care Bam! try to rest and think positively, everything will be fine! If it doesn't get better, pls see a gynae immediately...can always seek for 2nd opinion in case of emergency ya. take more water in the meantime.

Hi,

I have baby plus system for sale. Its a preloved.

Selling price is $160.00. Still in Good condition.

As hubby has bought a brand new one from US for me.

Collection pt Newton MRT/Orchard MRT or Bishan MRT.

Interested, please email me [email protected].

Bam - good to hear that u managed to get Dr, rest more and drink more water, don't stress urself, everything will be fine!

Re:Leg Cramp

I experienced once while I was sleeping, that was due to me standing for like 2-3 hours in the day.. so now I don't stand up for too long, but when I walk for long (went shopping for the whole day) then my butt will start to feel muscle pain..

Ya Bam, juz relax n monitor.. Shd b fine don worrie. Same when I tld DR Adrian abt my discharge he oso say fine n din bother too much, I think wat scary most is the cramps.. So keep calm, hope ya spotting will stop soon

Trismom, hope u get a gal as u wish.. I oso hopg for #2 gal but Dr AdriAn aledy tld me 90% boy want gal try #3, so I gvup Liao haa..

Thanks angel n hpc.. K will ask ard for the canteen next wed, else I tot u gotta eat delifrance again.. Haa my appt is at 11am I think I will ask my hubby to come at 1pm, j guess gotta wAit wait wait

yup hammie, sob no cup size increase bur ONI chest measurement gettg wider n wide so fat nw!!

On the cramps yes I often hv such on fingers oso ley so scare. So it's calcium eh

I was hoping myprenatal yoga can improve my circulatn [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jialat .. 60kg Liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hello mummies! MIA for a while coz busy packing for trip to Perth with hubby and 22mth old daughter. Just came back a few days ago and sooo much to catch up!

Tris Mom:

Didn't hear of things as cannot see or touch animals. We went to a wildlife park where we can freely pat and feed kangaroos, pat koalas and possums.

My tot enjoyed herself so much. The only thing she didn't do is hug the animals, haha!

For hygiene purpose, I just made sure to sanitise my hands as well as tot's hands after touching animals.

I think you should just enjoy yourself on the trip and just take note of hygiene more.

Jewel & other Pilates mummies:

Hi! I just came back from Perth a few days ago.

I'll be going for my 1st pilates session this Sat.

Hope I can catch up because I don't know if the instructor will lay foundation during 1st session and progress further on 2nd.

Did instructor mention anything? See ya all on Sat! =)

Hello mummies! MIA for a while coz busy packing for trip to Perth with hubby and 22mth old daughter. Just came back a few days ago and sooo much to catch up!

Tris Mom:

Didn't hear of things as cannot see or touch animals. We went to a wildlife park where we can freely pat and feed kangaroos, pat koalas and possums.

My tot enjoyed herself so much. The only thing she didn't do is hug the animals, haha!

For hygiene purpose, I just made sure to sanitise my hands as well as tot's hands after touching animals.

I think you should just enjoy yourself on the trip and just take note of hygiene more.

Jewel & other Pilates mummies:

Hi! I just came back from Perth a few days ago.

I'll be going for my 1st pilates session this Sat.

Hope I can catch up because I don't know if the instructor will lay foundation during 1st session and progress further on 2nd.

Did instructor mention anything? See ya all on Sat! =)

Hihi,

long time never come in and chat...just read Bam's post. Actually at 17 weeks, I bled also. Was hospitalised, gynae say its due to low placenta. i am still spotting on and off, and am under gynae's order of complete bedrest at the moment.

Bam,

Don't worry too much. 2nd tri bleeding is mostly always due to low placenta. Try to lay down and don't walk too much. From experience, Dr ang is a "ok" gynae only, he is cheap and good if you are "normal". But if you have some complications..he is in my opinion..not a very experience gynae in dealing with complications. Just my 2 cents worth.... anyway, I am given anti contraction medication to be on the safe side. I need to take it until I give birth...just in case.

Chris:

Like you, I also kept getting the "What's the gender" question from my IL - not MIL but FIL!!!

He got the cheek to suggest names for baby, even though gender is unknown yet, like a month ago.

My #1 is girl, so he thought of boys' names! Some more the name are so 80s and 90s, eeekkss!!!

Very presumptuous! So angry, is he hoping for a grandson?!?!

And you know what, before my #1 was born and gender already known, he wrote down girls' names on the paper which my hubby and I put up on the fridge.

The paper was divided into 2 sections - names suggested by my hubby and I. My MIL clever and said she is not getting involved.

My FIL got no qualms abt putting his big name up there, and wrote down a few girls' names he likes.

After that, my hubby and I crossed out the 'extra' names.

Good news:

Anyway, now gender of baby is confirmed - it's a girl! Gynae was able to confirm at 17wks, before detailed scan, can see the 3 lines on ultrasound.

I'm happy bec can splurge on girls' clothes now for both #1 & #2.

I'm apprehensive because I don't like to answer questions like "Are you going to try for a boy?" Haven't told both sets of parents yet, will be announcing today or tmr.

My hubby is fine with 2 girls, no issue at all, thank goodness.

I'm usually diplomatic to my ILs but will get nasty if pushed. Don't wish to sour the relationship.

Mummies, do you have any advice for me??

Bam:

Pls take care and monitor your condition closely.

Hope all turns out well for you and it's just a false alarm.

Also, you can try talking to your baby to be strong, it works! *hugs*

Koori:

I read somewhere that to prevent leg cramps, try not to sleep with toes pointing downwards.

Maybe putting a pillow below your feet would help?

welcome back Jollymummy!!

I also want to feed the animals!! I went to Melbourne zoo and there's nothing much there, quite disappointed, wanted to go to wildlife park but we went there twice and it rain twice!

I also going for my first pilate class on sat, hope can catch up too, cos its my first time doing pilate..

Bam, has the bleeding stopped? You take care of yourself.

I'm going for me detailed scan tmr, let's hope bb will be cooperative. It's so difficult to buy unisex clothes.

Jollymummy, Welcome back!! Wow.. must be having great fun with your toddler.. i oso feel shd go oversea, have a JUST US time with #1, b4 the arrival of #2..

Congratulations to your #2 gal!!! Envy Envy!! I on the other hands got 2 boys ... But for my case is i been pinning for a gal.. so in the end, everyone console me n ask me to try for #3 lo.. haaa

I think gals are really gems now... I would certainly prefer 2 gals than 2 boys lo.. As long as babies are healthy, it doesnt matter much.. Ya juz simle & ignore lo..Ya don get into unpleasant moments w ILs, juz turn a deaf ear.. Or u ask him to ask ya Hubby lo :p Coz hubby is the one determine the gender of baby.. haa

well, i been blaming my hubby (jokingly) on the gender.. why all BoYS, u r a Monk in last life issit... hehehe Coz pple say Gals are Hubby's last life 's mistress :p .. So i juz wanna make fun of him.

Rite, we are thinking wat to name our #2 Darling boy liao.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

novembaby, happy scanning tmr!!! good luck [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hope your lil darling co-operate well!

Yup i will be startg my shopping soon, but again, baby boy, nothng much to buy,hahaha mostly will be hand me down from my #1 :p

Cooling weather today, how i wish i could juz slpslpslp.... *dreaming* i aledy in office. .haa

bam: hope u r feeling better.. dun stress urself.. cuz baby can feel.. when I'm moody.. I get cramps.. stay positive.. watch funny movies.. u'll be alright..

fa scan

went for my fa scan yday.. cfm baby gender is girl.. can start splurging & buying baby's clothes.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

very excited.. my IL seems fine with girl but u nvr know.. my gut feeling tells me they r disappointed cuz my hubby is the eldest son and eldest grandson.. moreover, my FIL had no sisters but 5 bros.. and the 6 of them all had sons..

me & hub will like 2 bb.. if next one also gal.. I will jus pang kang anyway.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

it's Friday.. have a good weekend..

bam & mylittletiger and those who hv spotting, rest well & relaxed k .... everytin is gg to be ok.

Oh ya, i got feeedback from my gf on my gynae Dr Adrian, same as Dr Ang oso..

if we are normal case, everytin is ok n fine, but if got complications, they are nt so "pro" at such..juz hope everytin will be good & normal.. i had m/c last yr when i was w Dr Adrian.. tat time wonder wonder.. but anyway i think fated, i don wan to think too much.tat y i sticking back to him for this..

Jollymummy - i already got alot of pple telling me - oh no. 2 is girl, try no. 3 for a boy lor. Say until so easy, u tik no. 3 will definitely be a boy meh!? chey (thats wat i tiking). I just told them i close shop at 2 and they looked at me @@ zzzzzzzz

hho, don gv yaself pressure la... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yup concentrate on your #1 nw, yr later try for #2 again lo... or even #3.. hee

i opening my option to #3, of coz i really hope to hv #3 gal :p but am taking everytin ez nw.. God's Will..

Bam, take care and don't worry too much. You have already come so far, so nothing is going to happen. You will carry through and deliver!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] That's what I kept telling myself and claiming when I had bleeding at week 15. Then rememebr I seeked second opinion and found a small polyp causing it. On and off I also had cramps. One morning, so painful like menses cramp that i cried in bed. So put everything together, it scared me. BUt I have been fine since. Monitor and when needed, get a second opinion too.

Eat well and rest well.

Bam, how are you now? Please don't get too overly worried on this cos I also have yellow discharge at times.. but if you are unable to come to peace with that, please seek 2nd opinion from another gynae.

Take good care and rest plenty!

Bam: hope the bleeding episode stopped? Take care!

Koori: I did! I experienced cramps on my calves last two nights; also first time in both pregnancies. And I agree with with PTB, it's due to lack of calcium, and minerals too! The calcium intake I felt for pregnancy has to be doubled or trippled those of the recommended dorsage. We really need lots of them to buffer for post delivery and breastfeeding. The tell-tale sign for insufficient calcium is either cramps or tingling sensation on you fingers.

Jollymummy: Welcome back! The question of gender won't stop even though #2 is gonna be a boy. When I mentioned I had to packed away all my girly stuffs to make way for my #2, they asked me "aren't you going to try for #3"! Give up! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I told them "let me settle #2 first, I can't think so far; anyway the clothes won't be able to keep so long!" [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

In the earlier post, someone asked whether Dr Ang has 3D scan machine.. Yes he has and he will start giving free 3D scan once you passed your 5th month mark ;)

Koori & Shan,

Gender is not important as long as they are healthy and happy. Hack care what your parents in law or friends'comments as long as you & hubby are happy, can liao.

I've a boy and my bb#2 is a boy too... so my MIL commented that i can try for #3 for a girl. My MIL siao one, like what koori mentioned, u think so easy and definitely will be a girl meh? (anyway my hubby prefers 2 boys) so why should i be bothered with her comment. Ask her to give birth to a girl herself loh if she so "gian" a girl.

Re comments fr ppl about BB gender, just smile and say that baby healthy is more important than anything else lor..that usually keeps ppl quiet from my experience, since they can only agree rite?? hehehe...

My cupsize went up and now all my bras cannot fit liaos..but i very cheapo, went to cotton on boy and buy their bigger bras, since they have D cups and its cheap and pretty, and support is not bad too!dun like the designs in maternity shops leh...any mummies knows of places with nice strapless bras in bigger sizes?

Bam,

hope you're feeling better and the spotting has stopped..very scary experience but try to relax if you can, cuz bb can tell if ur stressed!

Jollymummy,

so envious of ur holiday! hubby n i met as students in perth so we're very familiar with the place...love it there! hope u enjoyed urself thoroughly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Regarding calcium, since pregnant, I have been taking 1-2 glasses of soya milk and 1 pack of anlene milk (4x calcium) each day. So far, I have not had any leg cramps... However for those of you who is thinking of increasing your calcium dosage, pls note that there is a cap to a person's calcium intake each day.. I read from an article somewhere that the calcium intake should not exceed 2000mg otherwise it will become harmful to us. Hence, please check with your gynae on this before you increase the dosage of calcium pills.

haha Tigger, you are funny and I like your attitude.. you are right.. if your MIL so gian, get her to deliver one herself..

My MIL is not any better. Before we even started to try for a kid, she began to tell me that I am old (I was 31 when she said that) and told me to hurry up.. when I'm preg, she told me this child must be a boy cos boy is good.. she seems to forget she's a female too... so if having a girl is consider useless or no good, then wat about her? Anyway my hubby and I love to have a girl and thank God we are having a girl now heheee.. and I really heck care what my MIL wants. ;D

Jolly>> I m nt gonna let me ILs decide on the name...unless I lik it too. :)

Bam>> R u feeling better alrdy? I will suggest to get a second opinion...whether Dr Ang is gd or nt. It is always better to get a 2nd opinion. Last time whn my sis had an emergency, she went to Dr Fong at paragon. I think he is quite gd at handling these kind of situations. He is always ready to tak precautions n nt wait till things happen. Jus my recommendation.

Seems lik many ppl r going for detail scan sn...I still hv to wait till 14 Jul. Such a long wait n I still don't knw the baby gender yet. Haiz.

Anyway, gd luck for all going for detail scan sn. Update us on the gd news!

Ange - Dr Ang's 3D scan is only at Sun Plaza is it? Cos I am currently seeing him at TMC, and he didn't offer..

Wondering how I can find an excuse to go to Sun Plaza.. keke..

Ladies - I've a silly question to ask. If we fall sick, eg. common cough and cold, do we look for the GP or the gynae? Cos Dr Ang said it is ok to eat any meds off the shelf -_-"

But then my GP advised that I should have looked for the gynae instead of him.

piggydog : I've been sick for about 6 weeks liao.. been going to my GP. 2 in fact cos 1 was closed for school holidays (ggrrr).. Even told my Gynae about it and she agreed with their diagnosis and prescription. So should be safe I guess... Think I just want to be more cautious and try not to take too much of their med until really very bad, so now very diff to recover..

Jollymummy

Welcome back! Im sure the instructor will be repeating some of the sets.. dun worri, it shld be easy to catch up. See u tmr.

Having boy or gal is not within our control. Whether they like it or not, the bb is here to stay & we'll love our bb no matter what. In my case, my FIL wan gal, MlL & my dad wan boi... eventually someone will be disappointed. So no pt to get stressed up... what will be will be.

Also, just think how lucky we are, to be able to have bb... some couple cant even have bb. I'm oredi grateful to God that me & hus hav bb at 38... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

currently i am taking 900mg of calcium pill as per doctor prescription, the remaining will through food intake, hopefully it wont exceed :p but then i also remember reading somewhere... taking calcium without exercising the body wouldnt absorb the calcium too ...

ermmm - same here, I try to avoid medications as far as possible. But I had very bad diarrhoea for 1 day, so no choice, have to take some meds to stop the runs. And when I went for gynae check up the next day, I actually lost 1kg compared to the previous checkup.

Thanks everyone...

so far.. I'm fine. Last spotting was yesterday lunch time. Thereafter.. *touch wood*.. till now.. i dun see any spotting. But the discharge is still there.. Like yellowish phelames (dun really know how to spell)

Anyway.. i'm still monitoring.

sticking my bum on my chair and reluctant to move around..

Ange,

Yah loh, no need my MIL to look after and financially support my kids and go thru the pregancy, of course say say is easy loh. BTW, my MIL is the bo chap type. She never cook or buy tonic and care for me when i preggie. When we visit them, she just play with my boy for a while then pass my boy back to me.

Hi Bam,

Dun worry too much about the yellowish discharge cos my gyane told me it is v common for preggie woman to have more discharge (yellow or greenish) as long as there is no foul smell.

piggydog, when im sick..i'll go to my normal GP but inform them that im preggy durin the consultation, so they will prescibe the 'correct' med for u. ofcos i do consult my gynae Dr Adrain too previously, cos im takin HL, n since ive took package, consultation is free from gynae.

jollymummy, ive missed my first lesson last week too..so i will get to see u all tomolo..

Bam, how are u feelin??

Boobs veins,

what cause the green veins in our boobs? i do have it too, dunno whats the cause..

piggydog,

I think seeing a GP is fine as long as u tell the doc that u are preggie and to prescrible "pregnancy" safe medicine for u.

Bam,

I think the yellowish things is fine de, coz i think i also hv tat and i recall reading from some internet at it is common to hv such discharge during pregnancy de.

For me, this #2 is tougher than my #1. coz when i hv my #1, i was still energetic and my vomitting stop after 4 months and my skin condition was good. but this time, i got rashes outbreak, sensitive nose and still vomitting on and off. nw i am on medication from GP to try to curb my sensitive skin and nose. coz i hv block nose daily lor. like yesterday morning, my nose was so blocked tat i can hardly breathe and then it led to wind in my stomach and i cant digest my breakfast properly and end up puking out.

Diana: I'm also have blocked nose every morning.

when i clear them.. I have blood.. Brushing that time.. also bleeds..

Seems like nothings seems to cooperative with me from head to toe.....

Bam,

Same here, but these are part of pregnancy....but nt all woman will go thru the same tings de and every individual pregnancy is different de....

hmmm..the gender issue..my #2 is also gal..my ILs pinning for boy and i know relatives "zhong nan qing nue" also..but seriously, is our kids what, why care what others say or think! They are not even helping to pay for the kids...anyway i m happy that my gal has a sister to grow up with esp they age gap so close..its gonna be fun dressing them together and see they role playing! Like what Jewel mentioned, we are lucky to have babies, many couples tried but in vain...health is more important!! (esp after the health scare when preggy with my #1)

Jollymummy, we are in similar situations! Unfortunately my hb was hoping for a boy too...but too bad, he was the one who decide the gender of the baby..cant blame me!

PTB7476 - go under the sun for awhile will help in calcium absorption as sun will help our bodies to produce vit D which is exactly what our bodies need to absorb calcium. Yes, exercise helps too but weight lifting will aid more than usual exercising.

Piggydog - I'm not too sure about his clinic at TMC but I do know my gfrd who used to see Dr Ang sometimes will go to his Sunplaza clinic so I guess it is ok even if you wanna move over to Sunplaza for 3D scan.. Don't be afraid to ask him abt it.. It's his responsibility to render us best service when he could ;)

Tigger - ya man.. my MIL has never bought anything for me since I'm preg.. all she did was to "nag" you what to eat.. there was once her daughter can't stand her mum nagging at me on what to eat and so she asked her mum is she going to buy me those tonic otherwise leave it to me to decide haha

piggydog: congrats on the good results of ur detail scan.

mylittletiger/bam: take care girls and hope everything is fine. stay positive and give encouragement to both urself n bb! im sure bb can feel and will be with u "fighting" along [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hho: congrats for having a lil ger [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back