(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

ML, do u latch on directly or just pumping? pumping should not sore your nip I think, what pump u using? is the suction too strong? can lower the power? cos when I pump sometimes I feel pain when the level gets higher..

Sophia , for now try to keep bb awake for no longer than 60 to 85 mins at a time or they can get over stimulated then tough to settle to sleep. Can get ur hubby to talk to IL to tell them bb at this Age sleep a lot up to 18 hrs n it's good for them?

Hammie,

try apply the lanolin after ur bm application on nip is dry? Also see the link I posted above for Mi..that site v gd for bf support

YA hammiebao too bad for the CL. :p mine oso tat day still happily tell me wats she planning for dinner. U r rite lo rather to b sorry for her than yaself.

Moving to IL's pl, surely got cons & pros. U wann establish a routine for bb rite, b sure to comm to MIL, Mk sure She aligned w ya tots,else it could b frustratg if u r tryg hard, then they accidentally jeopardise it.

Y nt u decide aft seeing the new CL. Of coz stayg together gd got more eyes/ hands to help out but juz remb, bound to hv some conflicts, remb to gv & tk.

Gd tat bb got a gd Chinese name, so far wat he said abt my #1 character wAs pretty correct so he shd b ok.

ML, my nipples oso, dunno is consider sore or sensitive. Whenever touch it, I feel ouch, they r like quite stiff. I pump w FS w level 6, I m hopg stronger can suck out more milk. When bb suckle , the initial sensation was painful bur bearable aft tat.

I apply nipple cream occassionally, hope my condition wasn't too bad..

Tenderhearted, congrats!! U still so nice maintain the list, if too tired nevermind.. Rest well for confinement..

Mummies all jiayew jiayew!

Thanks lilyn. Will check it out.

Hammie

My boy can't latch on. So I express and feed. I can latch him on for an hour on both sides and still need to bottle feed him. Think the flow is not smooth. He got to suck very hard and he is impatient so will cry a lot when I latch him,

Shan

I also use fs but using only like level 3. If I use lower level, the milk doesn't come out. My nips also very sensitive to touch. Very painful.

Will check the archives to see if there is a permanent solutionI. I use saline but only temp relief. He didn't use to be so bad

Lilyn: thanks for info about tea leaves/bags, didn't know about it. :p It works for me! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ML: sorry to hear about your previous situations. I can understand what you mean. If you are not ready then you may want to reconsider properly if you should quit. If you are not sure maybe try a few months of unpaid leave to see if it's viable? Its not good to quit with a half hearted feeling; if things doesnt work out, you will end up with lots of negative feelings. Discuss with hubby and see what comes out of it?

Re:BF

Personally I think hot compression really helps to stimulate milk flow.. Tried with my donut pack a few times.. But I'm very lazy to wArm the donuts.. Will got get those heat pack used in cold country n try it out.. Haha..

Now bb drinks every 1 hour 45 mins.. But he only drinks about 10-15 mins with direct latch on.. Hope he can drink more and stretch the timing longer..

Shan,

I got what u mean, my MIL actually quite nice but just abit weird haha.. Will try my best to establish a better r/s.. Now I'm like no choice.. Eveyone including my family ask me to go over.. My brother even volunteer to help me send the baby cot over haha..

Hope everyone is doing well!! Taking care of bb very busy!! Lucky got iPhone, if not I seldom will appear in here.. Now I'm so lazy to on my laptop..

Tenderhearted, thanks for keeping the list, I tried to update it but I don't know if i did it correctly.. Thanks!

Confinement mummies,

Do u all use baby powder on urself since cannot bath? I totally forgot about it.. When I use the prickeling heat powder yesterday, I felt so so good!! My hair stinks big time.. I only bath but. Didn't shampoo.. Think I'm going to shampoo real soon.. Cannot take it Liao.. Almost 1 week nv shampoo already!!

Bb woke up 2x last night - 3 & 5am duno isit considered good. 3am only latch less than 5mins ko Liao, 5 pm took a while cos she's hungry. But I feeling damn tired now can't sleep well yday. Yawn

hammiebao, sorry missed out ur message eArlier. the tracy hoggs book i used is "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer". Think she only has 2 titles for baby and one for toddlers, but a few publishers (different covers).

Sophia: FYI, when I suggests keeping baby awake at the 4-7 time frame, it didn't mean to stay awake for the whole 3 hours but during this time, let baby have more play time and shorter nap time. I hope I didn't mislead you. :p

Koori, I think 2 short wake ups r v good! Mine was up for almost an hour during her 3am wakeup cuz of huge poos..2x! Am wondering if there is anyway to discourage night poops ;p my #1 hardly poo at night one!

Hammie, good luck w ur mil! I think it maybe a good idea to see how ur new cl is first b4 moving tho..Just so thereis less to adapt to!

The baby whsiperer bk is secrets of the baby whisperer.

i tink i really hv to adoptin bb whisperer vry sn. Heard fm nw cl tat for 2 nites bb hasnt bn havin gd slp. Refuse to b pt on bed. If giv pacifier, once it drop out, he wakes up vry sn. Anyone has experience w tat? Wat shld i do?

Hello Mummies,

So sorry for intruding, my EDD is 24 Dec and the confinement lady I've engaged seems to have deicided to fly kite. Tried calling her the past week but no ans.

Anyone with good CL can let me know / PM me? Many thanks for your help!

Mommies,

can give me recommendation which FM is good? My boy is two weeks old and he got diarrhoea when I fed him S-26. Want to change brand but dunno which one. Too many choices out there.

Thanks!

hi can any kind mummies who have given birth at thomson share with me the total hospital bill of a 1 bedded if hubby were to stay over? i saw from the thomson website that the 90th percentile is $ 8789. Wow its really expensive and dunoe if it already includes the gynea fees? So sad, might be thinking I have to choose a 4 bedded then.

Any advice, mummies??

hi littlepig, i gave birth by C sect at TMC mid of last month and i opted for single bed but as usual they always dun have the rooms we wanted and it is either upgrade or downgrade for me, we upgraded to premier single price and my hubby stayed over throughout and my bill is $8662.40 ( including gynae and anesth cost but excluding BB cost of $890) i din know having a kid is so exp haha and to think that TMC is the 2nd cheapest maternal hospital haha

mummies check out mind your body of ST today... there's an article on pacifier :p

Nelotte i am using Enfalac for my BB

PTB: how is it going with ur baby taking Enfalac?

littlepigpig: Thats the reason why I chose Mt. A instead. I know TMC bill will be high, coz they are like too commercialized. My fren delivered there, natural with epi, single bedded with husband stay, cost $6000+. Crazy.

My bill, delivered in Mt.A few weeks ago, natural without epi + 2 bedded + gynae fee + baby doc fee = $3000+. Deducted from medisave, total cash I paid around $1100.

Hi Nov mummies,

I delivered by girl on 21 Nov and has been a silent reader of this thread since. Would like to find out if anyone has contacts of a good massage lady who can do west coast area. Thanks!

littlepigpig, I delivered at TMC. Stayed in the Premier Single (the 1-bedded premier ward). Hubby stayed throughout, with his meals included. Mine was natural with epi. Total bill came up to $5k before medisave deduction. After medisave deduction of $2450 (maximum allowed), and FBI/SBI discount, we paid $2k+ (if I remember correctly). There was no separate bill for baby in my case (coz bb had no jaundice etc while in hospital, so nothing I guess). Bill includes gynae and PD charges. I think if urs is c-sect, it will cost more.

Mummies: i find that my milk production v low. Im in day12 now n can only gain 30-40ml after pumping for 1hr. Daytime i normally latch bb. Aftee an hr he still looks hungry so will b supplemented w FM.

Im eating welk w all the souo, red dates etc but mayb lack of sleep. But all of us also lack of sleep wat.

Wat shld i do? =(

Bb also latch on one hr each time. He suck n sleep. Slow. My Breastmilk flow also slow. Now he using pigeon wideneck, he also suxk n sleep same as latch on. Haiz.

Wat can i do to increase my supply?

Orangebb, can try eating oats, fenugreek or drink sacred tea. There's Goat's rue and some pills which can be prescribed by doctor. Call kkh LC for advice?

Buy calendula cream from spree or WTS thread.

Nelotte, I delivered at Mt A too. Mine was c sect with epi in a 2 bedder. Cash we paid after deduction n refund wad $1.7k.

Jo, thanks for the clarification. You're of great help. Told hubby on ur tamagochi term - he laughed & said "now only u realize he's a 'toy' in the family??" I'll try out the routine for a few days and see how it goes.

Lilyn,thanks for the link. Very useful and gave me a clearer idea on how to draw up de E.A.S. schedule. You're of great help.

During short nap time, do i wake him up for feed or let him wake up by himself?

Ptb7476: wow your bill is so exp! Was your c sect elective or emergency?

Littlepig: mine was close to 6k. Natural with epi. 2 nights stay. Gynae, pd and baby charges. I dunno if the drip and laughing gas costs are also factored in or not. The itemized list is v long. Regretted that I didn't apply for FBI card cuz originally I thought of giving birth at my a(gynae delivers at both tmc and mt a). We also opted by single premier. Hubby also paid 2k plus after all the deductions.

littlepiggy... for BB medisave deducted only $450 the rest cash...as for mine cost...hospital haben let me know how much cash i need to pay after deducting medisave and insurance hehehe

and like CSI said.. if bb got jaundice need to stay extra day the extra cost = my cost

nelotte, baby taking enfalac ok... no issue

orangebb do you have CL ... then you should try to rest as much or drink as much fluid to build up milk supply. let the CL take care of BB at night while you rest .. no point struggle to take care of BB both day and night and wear out yourself and cant produce milk right ?

Cherrie, mine is elective

Hi nelotte

I guess parkway east is the cheapest then.

If i dun remember wrongly, I pay around $300plus cash inclusive of bb fees,Gynae fee after medisave deduction for my no1. I reckon it will be more or less the same for no2 this time round.

Mine is natural without epi , 2 bedded and hospital stay for 2 days.

Hi orangebb,

To increase yr milk ss, take more soup and fluids and have enough rest. Good to supplement with fenugreek etc.

Most importantly after bb latch on, pump for around 20 mins

or so and hand express abit. If bb missed a feeding eg. During the night make sure u pump and empty the breasts.

If u pump exclusively, pump every 3 hrs - 4 hrs round the clock. I've tried and it works.

Ptb7476: wow then those emergency c sect will cost much more right?

Bm supply: my supply fluctuates if I do not have enough rest. I tried fernugreek but the capsules are really huge. I can only take one pill max each time. My ml asked me to take one bottle of fish essence but the smell is v strong.

Mummies

Need some advice here. Any of you experienced milk blister on nipple? I been having one since more than 1 week ago. Tried bursting it when it grew bigger. No blood, just milk oozing out. But after a few days, stuck again and a milk blister is formed [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I read in book that if still cannot get rid, must see doc to use sterilised needle to get rid of it. But if I alr can burst it, shld be the same mah, just that it keeps recurring. Dunno if shld see LC or doc now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] The tot of the needle freaks me out!!!!!

Also, my bb been making a lot of "noise" at night when he sleeps, CL suggested to use pacifier for him to sleep better but I am not keen on pacifier. Has mummies started using pacifier alr?

Mummies

Need some advice here. Any of you experienced milk blister on nipple? I been having one since more than 1 week ago. Tried bursting it when it grew bigger. No blood, just milk oozing out. But after a few days, stuck again and a milk blister is formed I read in book that if still cannot get rid, must see doc to use sterilised needle to get rid of it. But if I alr can burst it, shld be the same mah, just that it keeps recurring. Dunno if shld see LC or doc now The tot of the needle freaks me out!!!!!

Also, my bb been making a lot of "noise" at night when he sleeps, CL suggested to use pacifier for him to sleep better but I am not keen on pacifier. Has mummies started using pacifier alr?

Wow Ptb ur bill reali ex. I stay 2 bedded, induced fail end up e c sect, my bill at mt a plus bb cost ~$1700...

Hmmm 2 bedded n 1 bedded cost so big difference...

cherrie, i would think laughing gas etc would be factored in also...

MOH website has the list of average bill size for public and pte hospitals. It's categorised according to type of delivery - normal / c-sect and type of ward. they only dun split according to type of pain relieve taken..haha.

Chloe yah lor like what CSI said...website only quote average price ...actual price very often diff from their average price haha anyway i long expected this kind of price range cos single and elected C sect

Sophia: pleasure! All of us go through times like that so we share info for reference. The guideline for feeding is day time wake bb up for feeds and night time on demand. However, for babies less than a month old, it's not advisable to let him sleep through milk feeds more than 5 hours. So during your short nap times, wake bb up for feeds.

Thks mummies for advice. Am wondering if i were to take fenugreek to boost supply, does it mean i hav to take it as long as i am BF?

I was wondering if i were to pump after feed bb, wouldnt i hav not enough for bb later. And i Was asking nanny opinion, but she say coz bb already suckle for whole hr already, mayb shld pump

CSI_Fan: I tot bring bb to polyclinic for jobs but PD see outside one.. Cos i read that Polyclinic doc got to wait while jab only very fast rite?

OrangeBB: I'm taking fenugreek. but i dun see my supply going up.. Maybe i not regular pumping. but if i were to go out.. then i will skip pumping which think will affect lor. And hor.. i realised i take fenugreek i will LS leh..

I called up Kinder Clinic in Mt. A, 6 in 1 jab is $150 per jab X 3 times (2nd, 4th & 6th mth) excl. consultation fee. It also incl. the accesment check. Any idea what's de charges like in polyclinic?

Any mommy will be sending their bb for infant care? I think I will be coz MIL kenot manage (IMHO too kan cheong spider). Considering Agapa @ Kallang, any comments?

Hi mummies, may I know what do u plan to use to tpt e ebm back from office to home? Cooler bag? How long can the milk b kept cold in there? I wanna get one so tat I can bring my ebm out w me when I go shopping w baby then also to tpt e ebm tat I expressed outside back home. Any mummies can advise where can I get one of these?

Bam, yup. That's what I'll be doing too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Bring bb to polyclinic for jabs and PD for the developmental assessment. Coz u're right. Polyclinic must wait (can be quite long) for doc to do developmental assessment. Jabs administered by the nurse, so quite fast.

LS is one of the side effects of fenugeek I think...

Sophia, 6-in-1 is $360 at polyclinic, for the whole course of 3 jabs. But have to take separate heb B 2nd dose jab ($22 for Singaporeans and PR).

Jollymummy, u made many of us salute u with ya determination.. am glad u make the right decision and bb is delivered safely. i must say, ur gynae is very supportive too.

Orangebb, do u still need the tampines sinseh num? if so.. PM me, cos i seldom login, stitch pain, cant see on chair too long.

Hey orangebb, how about tandem pumping? While feeding bb at one side, use breast pump on the other side. This is to trick Yr body u r feeding twins n to stimulate milk production.

Hi mommies,

really have no time to login here.. cl is leaving tmrw, have been learning from her hw to bathe baby etc.. just a bath plus twice bottle feeding my girl.. already can feel back breaking ya..

Re: Feeding water

Can i just check with mommies tt are doing partial.. Have any start feeding bb with water le? After cl leave, im wondering when is the best time.. scare nv let bb drink water, next time when they are more alert, may reject water..

Re: Baby bonus/cda

Have submit for 2wks plus le.. does it take so long to notify us on the eligibility as well as deposit into our accts? also have any mommies alrdy start using their baby bonus card for jabs at approved healthcare?

Back