(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Wah Jo!! U b my role model then! U r doing good.. Pls help to share tips.. Btw hw old is ya #1?

U managed to stick a routine to ya #2 hor, u gd, I will try to establish oso when my CL leave next wk. I hope I can b successful but u aledy plan to get pacifier & formulae milk standby liao.. In case I juz gv in to pressure...

Jewel, tingkat we order b4 but hubby Don like, plus of coz I prefer home cooked porridge for #1 than tingkat.

Tat day say say abit to MIL worry I can't cope, for meals SHe hinted lo, v Ez one juz cook soup & a few simple

veg., yi shi Qian quan lo.. I'll juz do it for the 1st week see I can manage or nt.. Wat I scare is #2, every hr need to

latch.. Realy I can't handle. Like tat day I halfway latch, #1 wanna poo, then done Liao..heng was nite time hubby is at home help him to clean up.

my gosh lochia so long i tot 1-2wks only sob sob... i kind of missed those days when pregnant ...no mense etc already

i also had C sect but i dare not start the massage i will listen gynae advice and start after a month

Wah Jo... U r gd. I've a maid cos I can't deal with hsework and kids alone. When I had no1 I was struggling with no 1 plus household chores. I'm a ftwm. Not sure if I'm a sahm how I can cope but right now I can quit and become stay home mom.

Shan, Koori and Jo: wow tough for u gals man!!! I can't imagine life with 1 toddler and 1 infant. I haven even tried to bathe baby yet. When i burp him, it seems to take ages. He also seems to prefer cl or hubby's styles of carrying him. I'm really not a natural at motherhood. Even my own mum suggested that i extend cl by 2 weeks or even 1 mth. Hence I asked the Cl this afternoon if she wants to work another 2 more weeks with me. She is leaving this sat morn (baby bash is outside on sun) as she as a dinner to attend on sat night. She said she doesn't mind one more week but gotta see her other plans of it's two more weeks. The earliest she can make it is Monday afternoon. Haiz that means sat night I may not have a good rest before Sunday's baby bash and if baby is over stimulated on Sunday afternoon I will not be able to sleep well on Sunday night (assuming hubby and I are tired after the event too). Even my maid seems scared. Cl said maid shared her worries about coping after she leaves. Maid conversed with Cl in Malay which I can't understand. Jialat. Both maid and I are also scared.

Chloe: my lochia aso still ard.. 3 wks after c sect! .. Damn sianz.. Tot csect can faster finish.

Jo: u r the superwoman! For me, Now with CL, I eng eng can go out, nap, watch tv & surf net etc. After CL gone, I've to do everything myself cos no maid, no ILs, no parents help. Will try out for 1 mth n see how, if really can't cope then will engage a nanny earlier. Hopefully I won't surrender too early ;p

Shan: tough on you. Still need to Cook, do household chores, handle 2 kids, latch, pump. Think if u survive dec, u can be like Jo liao... Superwoman! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

So pissed w #1 Again! I latch didi he wanna c I pump milk he oso wanna c. No matter hw I chase him, threaten, scold or hit him, he juz wanna kaypo & refuse to Lie on his bed. Since I'm home w didi, he everyday slp at such timing! sigh!!

I can't Mk him slp earlier, coz I got thing to do plus he won't want to slp coz his beloved daddy is playg ps3, he will stick w him then until 11+pm his daddy will bring him to bed for me to Mk him slp while he Cont w his ps3. Then when bb need latch n I nid pump this one will follow me ard like a puppy! Argh! driving me crazy!

i just saw my gynae this evening and half expecting my cervix to be ready for induction so that he can send me to Mt A immediately. To my disappointment, my cervix is still closed and I just have to wait till my EDD which is Thur and latest if no contraction or signs, to check myself into Mt A this Sun at midnight...... I somemore thot can give birth earlier. Gynae said I can still try to induce but 50% chance only cos might end up as c section, so I think no point lah. My rashes are bad also on my arms, legs, chest, neck etc......very unbearable, can only put cream and pray that they go away and I can't imagine going thru confinement with rashes lor....

Hpc-ur bb wan to b dec bb.. Be patient 4 few more days..meanwhile rest,eat n play hard..

My boy has been wailing since 10pm till now..headache!

Jo/Shan - I not sahm lei now on maternity till march. No.1 will go 3hrs prenursery Jan onwards and I be taking care of both really scared I will go crazy. My mom occasionally will come over to help me. I stay at Dover, Jo u stay where? How u cope with 2 now?

Shan- can ur hb help u make no.1 sleep? I let hb run no.1 routine at night like changing, feeding and making her sleep. Think ur no.1 asking for attention, try not to hit him or else he more rebellious. Mine initially was very bad she very angry with bb but now tone down alot we kept telling her good things abt bb and tried to give her more attention. But there are days she also mood swing can't tahan her behaviour.

Lochia - mine like never ending, there're few times for few days no more then suddenly got some bleeding came back again (anyone also encounter this)?

Hi Mummies! Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words!

Finally got time and energy to write down my birth story! Couldn't have completed the story without my hubby's help, bec labour was long (32 hrs) that my memory also became fuzzy after some time, haha!!

Mon, 22 Nov 2010:

5.30am:

- small red blob of discharge. Ignore, went back to sleep.

2.30pm to 7pm:

- Contractions abt 20min apart, lasting 30sec to 1min. Never mind, since it's not 3-5min apart contractions, I can still get on with doing my own stuff. Went to bath and do final packing. Hubby entertained my tot.

- Went Changi Airport with hubby and tot for dinner. During dinner, contractions became closer, like 5-10min apart. Ate my food halfway also must stop a bit to let contraction ease off.

7.45pm:

- Called gynae to inform him of contractions interval. He said I can admit to hospital if contractions are 5-10min apart. Then I went "huh?" in my head bec I remember he said I can wait till 3-5 min apart. He said if I want pain relief, can also admit earlier.

- I was still thinking of my hair, haha, and thought I must endure and get my hair done before baby comes out. I don't want to look like mad woman after giving birth, hehe. I think my hubby must have thought his wife went nuts, still so vain when contractions are quite close.

8pm:

- Arrived at hair salon for wash and blow hair nicely, hehe! First thing I ask was: "How fast can you finish the job? I'm in a rush." Salon staff said "30min". Ok, and in I went!

- Salon gal shampooed my hair while I sat down on chair. When she wanted to rinse my hair and asked me to move to the hair rinsing area, I told her I got tummy pain, must wait a while. She looked blur like she didn't understand, so I said I got contractions. Haha she looked more blur, but she continued to shampoo my hair at the chair. Then I said ok, no more pain and moved to the rinsing area. Then I explained to her I'm gonna give birth tonight or tomorrow, then she looked more shocked! Like why am I still in the salon when I'm abt to give birth, hahahaha! Anyway, she's pretty young in her early 20s only, so she thought as long as got pain, must rush to hospital.

- She's very scared that I would fall down bec steps were uneven, so she kept saying "be careful, be careful" Haha, felt like royalty!

- Salon girl and her colleague help to blow myh hair nicely and job done in 30min. Ok, ready to cheong back home with hubby and tot.

8.30pm to 12mn:

- Contraction getting closer, still 5-10min apart, with a few that was less than 5min apart, also the contraction getting more intense. Each time it hits me, I gotta stop in my tracks.

- I told myself cannot admit before midnight, if not the hospital will charge me EXTRA 1 DAY for the ward fee. So I grinned and grinned, bear and bear with the contractions. The difficult period was from 9plus to 11plus. Sweat!

- At 11pm, I told my hubby to call his mum to come over to our house to take care of our tot.

- My tot knew something was up, so didn't sleep at her usual bedtime of around 10plus. My hubby got problem putting her to bed. We already pre-empt her a few times that day that daddy has to bring mummy to the hospital to give birth to meimei, so grandma will be there for her when she wakes up in the morning. Still didn't wanna go to bed.

- MIL came at 11.30pm and tot knew something special is going on. Bec her grandma won't visit us so late at night. Hubby & I were all set and ready to go.

- Said bye bye to our tot and got out of the door. Thought our tot would take it well but she started crying for her daddy and MIL quickly closed the door. So heartpain when I heard her cry like that. She cried for daddy bed daddy puts her to bed at night, that special time between them every day.

Tue, 23 Nov 2010:

12.05am: Called gynae to tell him I'm on my way to hospital. He said he'll be there shortly.

12.35am: Arrived at Gleneagles and brought to labour ward.

1am: Nurse did 1st baseline VE, 2.5cm dilated. I thought it strange bec 3 days ago at gynae's clinic, he said 3cm.

1.10am: Enema administered. Felt ticklish and was told to hold for at least 10min, the longer the better.

1.15am: Gynae arrived, did VE, 4cm dilated, cervix very ripe, baby's head lower but not fully engaged. Funny, when he said he's gonna do VE, I said nurse just gave me enema, so he asked if I can hold. I said ok and I was hoping I won't leak, haha! He then said should deliver by abt mid morning. I was happy, finally can see my baby!

1.20am: Finally buay tahan, went toilet to poo due to enema!

1.25am: Contractions suddenly every 5min.

2.15am: Requested for Enthonox laughing gas. Not luffing, quite angry bec it didn't seem to work on me. The more I breathed, the more my nose seemed to get stuck and can't breathe. Asked nurse if I was using it correctly, I was! Sometimes I went without the gas bec it seems like it's not working! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

6.10am: Nurse did VE, 5cm dilated. I thought, "Alamak, 5 hrs work and only dilated 1cm more?!?"

7.40am: Gynae came, did VE, slightly more than 5cm dilated, baby's head lower. I thought there was not much progress since an hour ago.

7.45am: Nurse served breakfast - 2 slices bread with butter and jam, plus milo. Gobbled up, very hungry. When contraction hit, I stopped chewing. Time passed very fast from 6-9am. Very happy, waiting for mid morning but only 5cm dilated! Eagerly waiting for next VE at 12 noon.

9am - 1pm:

- Needed something else to distract myself bec contraction getting really painful. Started using the birthing ball. After an hour plus, it's not working anymore. Pain hits, grabbed hubby's hand and squeezed, only never break his bones. ;p

- Then moved myself to the swivel chair to sit. Contractions darn painful, wanna mati liao! Pain hits, abuse hubby's hand. Can see red patch on his hand by now.

- Another hr passed and the chair is useless too. Told my hubby I needed to stop sitting down and start walking. So we walked around the room, from bed to dividing curtain, pain hits, hugged my hubby, almost digging my nails into his shoulder! He didn't scream although I know it's very painful for him too.

- From curtain to toilet, pain and repeat shoulder abuse on hubby. Went toilet to pee, dunno why, kept wanting to pee, although very little pee came out each time. Pain hits, abuse repeated on hubby's hand. Worst pain felt when sitting on toilet bowl! Wash hands, pain came again, abuse hubby's shoulder again!

- Contractions seem like 3min apart, faint!! Just stepped out of toilet only and pain hits AGAIN!! Abused hubby's shoulder.

- By 1pm, wondering why no nurse come and do VE, supposed to be 12pm. Hubby went to ask and finally nurse came in.

1.30pm: Nurse did VE, 6-7cm dilated. Yay, thought the walking helps!

1.45pm - 2.15pm:

- Pain getting unbearable, started crying dunno why. Feeling out of control already. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Hubby heartpain to see me like that. Discussed pain relief option with hubby again - Pethidine or Epidural or just Enthonox gas which was not working for me. My mind already not working bec too painful to think straight. Good thing hubby reminded us to look at our birth plan again.

- Decided against Pethidine bec (follow birth plan) if my labour did not progress to 10cm within 4 hours, baby will come out groggy. Now thinking if it's too late for Epidural, bec already 6-7cm dilated. Want to take Epidural so I can get some rest and later got energy to push. I was falling asleep while talking to my hubby - whether I was sitting or standing.

- Nurse did a final VE, still 6-7cm dilated. She called gynae to check and gynae gave the go ahead.

2.15pm: Requested Epidural and anaesthetist arrived within half an hour. He got a comical way of talking and sound like scolding pple but I think he's just loud.

2.45pm: Epidural administered. But process was quite scary bec I was having contraction and still needed to curl up like a prawn. He also warned me that when tube is inserted, it might touch the nerve and leg will move, and my leg really did move. Aiyo, when my leg jerked twice, he said loudly "Don't move your legs!", but I told him I didn't purposely move my legs!! He just asked me to breath in the gas. And breathed in the gas I did, whether it helped or not I don't know, my mind was already in a swirl.

3pm: Enjoying my Happy-dural. Finally no more pain, until can't even wriggle my toes. Nurse got me a nice pink pillow in a fat boomerang shape to prop my head and back so I can lie on my side. I complained to hubby abt anaesthetist who "scolded" me. Hubby said when anaesthetist said "Don't move your legs", he was loud but smiling. Har?!!? He sid that was his way of talking. Faint. How come talking with smile also sound like scolding pple?!!?? Finally got some rest, slept abt 1-2 hrs.

5pm: Gynae arrive to do VE, 6-7cm. Oh dear, no progress since 1plus. Not a good sign I thought. My contraction on the chart also tailing off. Gynae decided to break my water bag to induce contractions naturally. Saw him holding a slim, beige plastic stick, again in boomerang shape. Why was everything in boomerang shape??

6pm: Shifted to lie on right side and slept for 1-2hrs again.

7.30pm: Contractions still weak, like no progress. So decided to sit up on bed, nurse came in to help move me upright in bed, hubby helped too. Asked to lower Epidural dosage a few times bec I could not feel my toes and need to feel some sensation if I need to push. Contractions started again, hubby said the chart showed large peaks abt 5min apart.

8.30pm: Now thinking with hubby that might need c-sect if no progress, although haven't heard from nurse or gynae yet.

9pm: Nurse did VE, still 6-7cm. No feeling down there bec of epidural. Mentally prepared for c-sect. Wondering why didn't dilate further although strong contractions were recorded.

10pm:

- Gynae came, did VE, still 6-7cm. Sigh. He recommended 2 options - either do a section or can give me oxytoxin and wait 2hrs. But 2nd choice got higher risk of womb rupture and will endanger baby and me, and end up with GA, then hubby can't be in OT. He thinks 2nd option might not work bec my contractions are good so it's not the contraction problem, so oxytoxin would probably not work. He said baby could be in OP (Occiput Posterior) position that why progress stalled. OP = baby's spine facing my spine.

- Gynae was kind and asked if we needed some time alone to discuss. We said yes and gynae plus 2 nurses went out of room to give us privacy. I was very reluctant to say yes to another section but know in my heart that that's the best thing to do for myself and baby at this point in time. Also I see my efforts in bearing with the contraction pains going down the drain and felt I was left with no choice. At the same time, I know I can see my baby very soon if I opt for a section. I was very tired by then - physically, mentally and emotionally.

- Told gynae we opt to go for a section and all the preps started. Gynae comforted me that we have already tried hard enough. Think it was at this time I started shivering badly from the Epidural bec dosage was increased.

10.30pm: Pushed into OT for c-sect and my baby Andrea was born abt half an hour later! Gynae said baby was indeed in OP position. Thank God we didn't opt for option 2 for the Oxytoxin. OT staff gotta suck mucus outta her nose and she cried bec she didn't like it. But stopped crying when they put her on my chest. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

11plus: Gynae doing up the stitching etc and sent to recovery room. Still shivering but not too badly. Was given warm air in recovery room and it made me feel better. I was back in my ward by 12.30am. Breastfed baby and she suckle well immediately. I was so glad to cradle her in my arms and still am!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BTW, my hubby went back home after I have settled nicely in the ward and reported bruises on his shoulder and hand the next day, haha!! ;p

Hpc, try walking? I went Ion for a walk the day before I popped..

Shan, don't get too fed up, maybe #1 still feel very curious about #2..

Bb milk intake,

For now my bb will cry for milk every 2 hours.. Then he will suckle for about 20-30 mins for 1 side, I tried to bring him to the other side n he stop suckle.. How can I make him drink more at 1 feed? The interval of his feed is getting shorter n shorter!! I really can't rest leh.. hELP!!!

JanO:

Congrats on the birth of your princess! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

JanO & Jewel:

I also have very swollen legs (thighs, calves, ankles and feet) like an elephant's!! Never happened before when I delivered my #1. I asked my gynae abt this already. He said it's a post-delivery effect. Just need to elevate your legs and can wear stocking if you want. Will disappear within 1-2 weeks.

Hammiebao:

Congrats! Your labour is so short I think you can do it a few more times! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nana:

Hope everything is ok with 3 other women in the house. Just remember to do the right thing for baby will do. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tenderhearted, HPC & Mrs Loo (VT):

Have all of you popped yet? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Koori, me oso FTWM, gg back work on V day.. My #1 gg fullday CC in Jan, there when my load is lessen ...

Then coming Jan, u got maid eh? So she b sendg ya gal to & fro to 3hr class eh?

My hubby can Mk him slp, it juz a matter of he wan to do or nt, but recently all the lil routine #1 juz wan mummy to do.. Upon hearg hubby v happy, he lagi quickly Keep his hands off n 'return' to me.

Hammiebao, yes #1 is super curious abt #2 nw. But ESP when bb come back, he did alot notty things compare to b4, v 'tiao gan' don listen..

Ya bb can suckle for > 20mins nt bad Liao.. Perhaps u can drag the interval slightly longer so tat he hungry n wanna suckle more? If u hv tried the usual mthd of wakg him up but he doesn't wanba suckle. Gd luck!

Jollymummy congrats!!! Well done eh... Poor daddy hee..

Shan - no maid I will let her take schoolbus to and fro, wonder if she wants to take or not cos it's unaccompanied!

Shan: i think boys are boys, more boisterous. Let him be with you? I think he misses you. My #1 really misses time with me so she likes to be with me whenever I feed bb, so I let her be around; I usually give her sticker books, story books, doodle board, coloring book or just paper and crayons. She is quite happy doing any one. As for cooking, the first thing I do in the morning is cook rice or porridge depending on what we are

eating. Dishes, I'll just prepare after I showered #2- he

usually is tired and sleepy already. #1 will be having Bf and

watching okto. Because it's only me and her eating, I cook

one dish meals. When hubby is around then I'll cook dishes

and soup. Slow cooker and magic pot are good investments

for soups and stews. Not all days are smooth but guess that's life!

Strawberrys: if you can quit and be a SAHM, why not? I didnt regret staying at home, enjoyed watching #1's development and now #2! for me, housework I outsource and I only do simple maintenance on other days. Cooking is not too bad and I enjoy doing it. Weekends, kitchen and housekeeping closed, so we eat out for adults. I only cook for #1- don't want her to eat so much adult food.

Koori: Oic. I thought you quit. Hey, that's quite near me, I live in west coast! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my #1 will be attending childcare in the morning next year, so things will be a lot easier I guess? She will be 21/2 yrs by Jan.

Strawberrys:

new cl is here. Heard tat bb hasnt slp since last fd of ebm at 5.45am. Ask me to intro pacifier cos bb myb used to latch on to slp. Cn any experience mummy adv me if i shld do tat? Is it too early to intro pac? Bb is only 11 days old.

Hi jollymummy,

I was very entertained by yr birth story and was amazed at yr determination. Mummies are indeed great! The part where u added that u abused yr hubby's shoulder and walking around was quite hilarious .. Hehee

I wouldn't know what to do if I'm in yr shoes as that's a long labour process. Btw my baby was also facing up during labour like yours in OP position. Almost couldn't get him out and my Gynae had to use forcep and even so it took us quite a while. Baby was blue when he's out. So scary. Bb still has forcep mark on his right side and he suffered a tiny wound on left side of his skull. Very poor thing. Anyways most importantly both mom and bb is fine. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Jo,

Currently I wont be able to be a sahm yet but Hb is quite keen on that. Just asked him last night if I become sahm got any allowance or not... He said yes lah. But I never ask how much. Btw do u get any allowance from yr Hb to spend on yr personal things?

so envy some of you can be SAHM... financially we cant afford so have to work ...

btw what diaper rash cream do you ladies use...seem like Drapolene is not helping in preventing and relieve diaper rashes

Hi.. Ytd bring bb to polyclinic for hep b jab. Then the nurse schedule her next jab appt and see doc. Like that I dun have to bring her to PD? Or I can jus bring her to PD without seeing doc at polyclinic? The developmental assessment is every 3 mths?

Ptb: desitin is good...i got the blue one...n it smells nice too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jo - we are so near to each other. Which cc u enrolling yr ger? Can't afford to be sahm I be super broke by then too many expenses to upkeep

Jo - we are so near to each other. Which cc u enrolling yr ger? Can't afford to be sahm I be super broke by then too many expenses to upkeep

Jollymum, Yr birth story can be made into a documentary. At the end of the day, what matters most is to see your little darling is born n safe. Good job for your endurance!

Strawberry, I also can still see the forcep mark on my bb's face. Dunno why how come take so long to get better?

Shan, my no 1 acting up yesterday after a few days of food behaviour. No 2 growth spurt n won't sleep unless I carry. So I also lost it.

Orangebb, u are blessed with such a nice CL!! I want the contact!! In case got #2!! haha

My CL is driving me crazy.. I was very optimistic before yesterday she scalded me with red date tea.. Then I started to feel very ke Lian n all the negative tots came to my mind.. I cried very long yesterday night.. I wanted to stop but tears just keep falling.. My dad told me it's normal due to hormone change but it's not good for me to cry too much..

And bb demanding milk for every 1- 1.5 hours.. I'm so so tired ..

5 days new born drink about how many ml of milk for each feed ar?? Thanks..

Mummies supplement Bf with FM,

May I know why u all supplement with FM? I'm considering to do that or not cos my bb seems to be hungry always

Hammiebao, are u doing direct latch on? If yes, don't bother/wori about how much your bb drinks. If he has enuf he'll pull himself away frm u. It's tough during de first week, but things will get better. I did my confinement without CL but has a maid who does all the cooking & cleaning. I look after bb 24/7 - feeding, changing diaper, bathing etc.

I thot supplementing FM will makes bb sleep longer but it doesnt work for me. Fed my bb with FM a few 3times, ended up he still wakes up every 2 hrs for feed.

Do try to endure going on tbf till confinement is over; ie. 1 mth. Going on tbf is tough but I cant be like those mommy whom still can tbf & ebf every 3 hrs.

You're having ur CL changed rite? Hope the new ones comes in is a better one.

I'm equally having a tough time, bb is 6 weeks old but this week he's back to every 2hrs feed instead of 3-4hrs. Sleep time also gone haywire. So I'm gonna write a long post to Jo for expert help [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Clover - ya my ger dent was on her head. Took abt one yr to completely go off, in betw was getting better but still can see the dent.

Jollymum: Hey! Our babies are indeed born on same day and within 2 hours of each other [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Amazing birth story... and you still managed to go do your hair and have dinner while having contractions! Next time, I must remember to go have a good washing of my hair too.

Your gynae initially said you could deliver by mid-morning but you only delivered at night? Was it becos contractions were slower than usual?

Btw, what's a birthing ball? Didn't have that as a pain relief option...

Also, how come you manage to eat breakfast and still walk around? I wasn't allowed to eat (only sips of water) after the enema and was also told not to move around too much which would affect the CTG monitoring of fetal heartbeat and mother's contractions.

hammiebao... i sup with FM at night only is because i want to BB to be full and allow him to sleep longer and not wake up every 1 or 1.5hrs... it is tiring for others aka cl or mom as well as the BB. also by doing that we can train BB to wake up lesser for milk at night...easy for parent and BB as the BB get order . at 15days old his feed with FM is every 3hrs but during day it is BF on demand but of course i will still wake up at night to pump and put in fridge in case BB get hungry during day time and i in the mid of something and cant BF then CL can feed him with the EBM but remember those stored in fridge is good for 24hrs only if you foresee you will bf more then store the rest of the BM in freeze for future use...now hopefully bb wont change his feeding pattern hehehe

Re : Cl

Today is my last day confinement. Cl Leaving noon time, am glad she is good not like my ex Cl. She's still cooking my lunch for me now. After tat it's back to me alone with bb, hope i can still cope with newborn, skills rusty after so long.

Swollen feet - mine seems to be getting better already. They suspected high blood pressure initially but since my BP measurement was still within normal range and my urine test was also okay, there shouldn't be any cause for concern. At least today I can feel the bone at my ankles.

Btw, I am not drinking any water now - only red date juice becos of confinement. Is that okay??

i m also feeding FM at night in order to make my girl sleeps longer without waking up. However I will still wake up to pump when she wakes up for feed so that the supply will continue for her day feed. I realised that my supply has decreased starting from the day that she refused to latch....latching irritates her though she knows how to do it...either the milk is coming out too fast or too slow for her...she ended up angry all the time and vomited out the milk in the end. So to prevent wastage, I feed her with EBM in bottle and she will finish up. Now I can only pump 100ml every 4 hours....sad...

Going on TBF is a huge effort and is very tiring since I did not have a confinement lady...so envy of those mummies who can do that.

JO, whn you mentioned to Koori to use cup feed, do u reali mean by using kid’s drinking cup?

Same as you, day time bb will wear romper & nite time will be long sleeve & pants pyjama. I didn’t swaddle bb anymore coz he doesn’t like his hands bound up and will cry/scream terribly. So I use blanket to cover him till armpit.

Every feed will be ard 15mins & single side only. Once he had enuf, he’ll pull himself away, then either falling asleep or eyes open big big. When I tried to latch him on another side, he refuses by closing him mouth tight shut. Did tried to switch side after 10mins but he refuse to continue or will hold milk in mouth and puke everything out. All these 15min feeding only last him for 2hrs and there are times 1-1/2 hrs only. I’m not sure what’s the amt he drank when direct latch on, but when on bottle feed (EBM/FM) it’s only abt 60-70ml.

Day time, after 12nn bathe I’ll keep him awake for a good 2-3 hrs so that he’ll sleep through the nite. If I cont’ to let him sleep the whole afternoon, he’ll be awake after 10/11pm feed all the way till 3am. I’m hoping he can feed on more and it’ll last him longer hour; esp at nite.

I read Baby Whisperer but I can’t figure out which baby he is; Textbook, Angel, Spirited etc. OR how/wat to schedule out for bb. Me kinda dumb.

Sophia, thanks! I'm doing direct latch on, I tried pumping but twice only.. will do it when have time, cos now bb drinks every 1.5 to 2 hours, very diff for me to pump.. I will try to endure for 1 mth..

my new CL will be coming tomorrow.. hope she's better..

I really cannot stand my CL, just now when I say I want to BF bb, she just stand beside my bed, "char yao" (hands on her hips) I dont know how to say.. and watch.. then I very angry I look at her and say "Auntie, u watching show ar?" then she walk away..

I need help here, mommies.

I have an opened S-26 milk powder, was handed down from another mommy. But it was from abt 4 months ago already opened and halfway consumed by her baby. My newborn is two weeks old now and I had been giving him abt once every night of that FM for the last 4 nights. He seemed ok with it. And yesterday I just got the chance to read the label and it said must consume within 4 weeks of opening the can. Jialat. So I bought a new can of the same brand yesterday night, and fed him once at 1 am with it. But he got diarrhea after that. I'm not sure if the newly bought S-26 cause it. When I supplied him with BM after that, he didnt have diarrhea anymore...

Is it true once u open the can, u have to use it within 4 weeks?

JanO:

Oh yes, they share the same birthday! So I suppose your baby was born around 9pm? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yeah, supposed to be mid morning, but somehow labour didn't progress "normally", kinda tailed off. Even when contraction was good in evening, somehow I didn't dilate fast enough. Reason was baby's OP position.

Birthing Ball - can sit on it and rock your pelvis to bring baby down further into birth canal, or can just kneel and hug it, supposed to help ease contractions. Found out that the whole of Gleneagles only got 1 birthing ball when I called the hospital in early Mon aftn to confirm they have it before I got admitted. Actually they said they have it when I went for tour but didn't want any surprises, and the staff on the phone said she's not sure?!?! She called back and said yes and asked for my name when she know that I would be admitted that night or next morning. I was told to tell the staff to prepare birthing ball when I am admitted so they can bring it to me. Anyway, when I finally requested for ball, it came in a box. Faint, my hubby looked at me and said "so we have to inflate ball on our own??" Haha, I told him just do it lor, it also provided some entertainment for us too. I squeezed the pump with my hand for a few times when contraction came but gave up after a while, hubby took over, haha.

Eating - In my birth plan, gynae approved light F&B and I was to be given a telemetry (postable CTG) to move around. Actually the irritating nurse only wanted to give me milo, saying I already using the gas and in case I need other drugs, blah blah blah. But later she pitied me and gave me bread, haha. But anyway, I planned to tell my gynae if I don't get my food, bec he has approved it in birth plan. Some nurses just don't read our birth plan and act according to hospital "protocol". When gynae came and saw my food on the table, he said "Good to have something light to eat." The same nurse heard and didn't dare say a word. If she never give me food, she will kena from my gynae lor, wahahaha!

Moving around during labour is good bec of gravity, and the worst thing is to lie flat on bed. The last thing I want is to be strapped to the bed like a prisoner. Also didn't like the pillows bec they were covered with plastic and kept slipping off my head! The telemetry allowed me to be mobile, assuming I can still cope with contractions. I guess you gotta discuss with gynae how you want your labour to be so you are most comfortable. We also brought a CD along to play some soothing music, hospital provided portable CD player. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello mummies,

Sorry for diverging, but I still have a couple of extra new Sophie The Giraffe baby teething toy to clear, extra gifts from the baby shower. They are still in their original, sealed packaging. It's made with 100% natural rubber and food paint and squeaks when pressed. It's durable, safe and this toy has been around since 1961. My little one enjoys playing with it since 3 months old. I'm sure yours will too..

I'd like to clear them at $28 each, postage included or COD at convenient locations.

Please PM or email to [email protected]

Many thanks and good health everyone!

Back