(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

clover: oh no, the elective c-sect was not bcos of bb too big...just tat since i have strep B infection thus better to c-sect earlier, in case actual labour comes in.

ya the date is coming near...so scary! seems i not prep yet [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

whitecookie: oh hope u are ok...do take good rest and talk to bb to guai guai stay another few more weeks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] im sure ur bb will hear n cooperate. take care!

jovialz: ya excited but scare also...as this my 1st bb...really dun know how everything will be like.

yes got wat u mean on the washing...oic...so tat's how we can do cleaning...tks for the tips n advise [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ya i really wonder with the wound there how to squat...i think standing n walking also may not be easy...thus really scare..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Irene n white cookie, best of luck!!

Ladies, my friend asked me to post on her behalf.

5 boxes of dhaxtra soft gel for sale

Expiry: oct 2011

30 capsules per box

Retail price: $62

Selling for $50 each box

She prefers to sell in bundles of 2 n will provide free courier service. If u r interested, email or pm me n I will pass u her contact.

Babywonder,

Just read back the achieves and saw your question . Like Jo, mine was c-Sect with epidural, painless and given waterproof dressing thus I can bathe everyday. My mum bathe for baby thou as she didn't want me to touch water too much.

Thought I share,

As you might know my son was pre mature then. He had jaundice and because of breastfeeding, the jaundice last long but mild. Do note to cut down on Ginger during confinement if you intend to breast feed. There is also an option to rent the phototherapy machine home if the jaundice level is not too high. It Cost $250 for 3 nights.

Clover,

If you really don't know, go to reputable shops like Eu yang sang. Airport T3 basement has one and they giving 7+ 7% discount (double GST adsorb). The good ones should not be too dark (brownish). It should be big and fat ( thin ones are cheaper but you end up having to put more strips for the effects) and should have 8 "legs". Personally I like to buy those packed in clear boxes (not those bundled uo with red string) as you can't see what's inside the bundle and some seller tend to bundle the poorer ones inside. 1liang (37.5g I think) can cost either a few hundreds for the bundle type to about $1800/$1900 to the top grade. One box should be sufficient for confinement. For me it's about 5 to 6 pieces each time, twice a week.

PTB,Irene: OIC. The cranberry juice I mentioned is not the sweetened one. It's an organic product, brand is Lakewood, pure cranberry juice, not sweet at all. In fact, it is sour and an acquired taste. It's available at Cold Storage, maybe you want to check it out if it's suitable.

Clover,

Guess you didn't see the edited post yet [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. It could range from a few hundreds to close to 2 thousand. The poorer the grade, the more strips you need to put each time.

Irene: Everything still as per normal. I could still squat and clean the entire vagina area. The c-sect wound is horizontal and it'll be covered with water-proof dressing, mine was really clean and not wet at all when gynae removed the dressing. By then, I still wash as per normal and the flow(lochia) is tailing off already so no issues. Also, for c-sect cases, most blood are cleared during delivery, so flow is not really very heavy after 2 weeks. If you are worried that you can't clean properly, try using a stool to sit down and clean instead of squatting?

whitecookies & jovialz: early contractions are so scary....you gals take care and have a good rest okie...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

vt: no lah everytime i see baby in black and white scan oni...but his package includes a 3D scan which we did on 23 weeks...that's when we saw our little girl's face...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] love it...your gynae is tb lim? actually my cousin is with him for both her kids too and she is due this october...hehe...which pd does he recommend by the way?

whim: is it cheaper to get the thermometer from amazon than in sg?

Ptb, Irene,

I'd bought a type of organic cranberry juice from NTUC before. It's like what Jo says, no sweetened, no preservative etc. It's sour and acquired taste. It's in glass bottle and more than $10 per bottle. Not those sun riser or ocean brand type.

Hi Mummies, it's been some time since I last posted. How does contractions feel like? Tightness around lower belly? Lately I feel this every evening with some mild stretching ache across belly too but it goes away about an hour or so later...

Whitecookies: Take care and rest well. Tell baby at least 5 more weeks then it's safe to be out.

Jovialz/Trismom: Yours also gonna be c-sect? Trismom: You chose to? Me c-sect also, probably 38 weeks.

Clover: I bought one box from Eu Yang Sang, 51g already cost $168. And that is probably enough for 2 servings depending on how you eat it?

Jo,

Yap. Since 1st was emergency c-sect (contraction despite on ventolin + only 2cm dilation after 2 days of contraction and 1 day on IV drip to try help dilation).

Tenderheart,

Tightening with a bit of pain, it generally come periodically (like every 10 mins, then reduce every 9 mins etc). Time interval will shortern and pain increase.

enmummy, from wat I know, the Amazon price is better than SG retail price. But of coz need to include in international shipping. From what I've read, even aft including int'l shipping, it's worth it to get from USA instead of buying it in Singapore (why else would ppl do sprees for this from USA)?

Coz the thermometer is just 1 item among several items for my Amazon order, to me, I didn't need to figure out how much the international shipping is for ONLY the thermometer.

Hi enmummy, i saw TB Lim October patients due for delivery, its about 20+ including c-sect patients. wah Oct is real hot as pancake lor.... He will recommend Dr Ng Moi Pen. Hm... Personally, i found him fierce. He will scold mummy for being gan cheong or wrap bb up.... My friends and I kena his scold durin our 1st child. He scold us for wrapping up the bb.. Haaa... We were saying pay money still kena scolding. So I switch to Dr Belinda for my 2nd one. She is very encouraging to bfing. But her queue is long so sometimes if I dun want to wait long, i will see Dr Ng. think next week, i will check the jab price with both then decide again *wink*.

Ya early contractions r v scary. My gynae keep saying cannot pop now cos will cost a bomb. I am still having contractions despite taking medicine. Now running CTG test again. Gonna be a long nite.

whitecookies: yes, now cannot pop... Heng! Your gynae din ask you to go kkh instead. It is the neo natal care bill that you have to invest.

Dont let ur imagination run wild. Continue talking to bb... Jia You! Have a good rest and relax. (I know its not easy...)..

Whitecookies, pls take care and rest well. Hope u and bb are fine. Everytime my heart drops when I hear mummies admitted to hospital.

Whim: I can't find the cream name online. But I know kkh mom essentials is selling tat spray. 2 oz is like 22.90 dolar. Haha, mayb she tot kkh also selling tat's y she said gynae recommended it.

whoa...missed one nite and so many stuff to read up.

Whitecookies and VT: Do all take care...best wishes that bbs will be all good and stay in there for a while longer.

So many delivering early...Mine pray hard will only come when my vacation leave starts on Oct 22...bb be guai guai...anytime after tat is ok...haha..

thermometer: I got the ear thermometer too..the forehead scan is not accurate...measures surface temp only.

Tonics: havent really pu much..only once a week i take essence of chicken and daily take one tablespoon of the concentrated birdnest from Lo Hong Ka. My MIL once in a blue moon then make those pao sheng soup or bird nest. My mum makes herbal chicken soup once in a while too.

Coconut drink: i did hear of my fren telling me to drink coconut drink one month before delivery. she says bb skin is smooth and soft and fair, plus the bb comes out clean.

hi whitecookies - hope everything is OK now..do take care ya!

gathering - is this ON? I have a Palmer's body cream to give away is anyone is using (like new, quite big bottle) - can pass to interested party when we meet

bb thermometer

I was at Unity pharmacy just now and decided to check out the price of the Braun thermometer that I'm getting from Amazon. OMG!!! The retail price of the thermometer is S$145.90, but only US$44.38 from Amazon USA.

Even after paying for international shipping, I figure I'll at least still save 40% off the Singapore price.

How come this kind of price discrepancy is so huge?? Can anyone explain this to me? Scali if I had been blur blur just bought it from SG shops, I would have felt so cheated when I find out abt the US pricing!

Enmummy, u have ur answer...yes, it's definately worth it to buy from overseas based on this price I found.

Shan, where are u? Do u still want to tompang my Amazon order?

Whitecookies,

my gf who just delivered was admitted to hospital for early contractions too ,she sTayed in hospital for 1 wk for complete bedrest. Her gal was eventually delivered at 38wks.

Whim,

when I bought mine 3 yrs ago,i paid $90 or less. It was during John little sale.

Whitecookies,

Do rest well n complete bedrest very important. I also have early contraction on week 27. I was admitted to hospital too n wAs order to bedrest for 1 mth. I will be seeing my gynae next week to review my case if I'm suitable to go to work if not may have to bedrest till I deliver.

Don't worry keep talking to ur bb. That what I do the other time. But remember not to walk too much as mine was cos by low placenta previa.

whitecookies: take care! Hope bb guai guai. How is things now? kan cheong for u.

whim: yes, SG sells the thermometer at $145. Buying fr US is so much cheaper. my goodness.

Hubby just came back this morning from his one wk US business trip w my amazon loots. Was worried whether it will be on time since it's my first time doing such thing. But things were good. Amazon uses UPS n Fedex boxes to deliver to his hotel. I bought the items in 3 interval. I think his eyes pops out n drop his jaw when he saw the big huge boxes (inc britax car seat), only to realise later that it was the box that it too damn big. wahahaha.

whim> do you intend to combine the thermometer orders and purchase via Amazon? Coz i have yet to buy the thermometer too..

morning ladies..

Oops.. Sorry whim, was off-site ytr...

Whim, or u go ahead n order yours first.. my gf is still confirming with me, she might wanna order but hvnt decide.. i pending for her, but mine oso nt urgent, so don wanna hold u up, u go ahead first..sorry sorry!!!

eh... the gathering , issit finalise?

sorry i v long never pop in blur liao...

20th or ??

yes! the ear therometer selling locally is v ex compare in US.dunno why, i got my Braun ard S$180+ ..but tat time urgent coz my son's having fever, i cant wait.

i oso suggest u gals to get from US if got time.

Clover, how ya new maid doing?

btw, do we need ot sign contract to like got min period else penalty etc for the maid?

BHG, did u all found "impressions"?

Whitecookies,

How's everything now? I hope you and your bb are doing well. Take gd care and hang on for another few weeks!

Irene,

I have Group B strep infection too. I asked my ob whether I must go for C-section before of this infection. He said it's not necessary. I just need to be put on anti-biotic drip if I'm having vaginal delivery or just in case the water bag burst too early(touch wood). Your scheduled C-section date is on my b-day which means that your bb and I will have the same b-day! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I'm still hoping to go for vaginal delivery as the recovery is faster and I don't hope to be 'cut up'. The thought of cutting 10cm on my abdomen sounds quite scary [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] One of my bbs is now in head down position and another in breech position. My ob said that I can opt for natural delivery but there may be a risk of the 2nd bb being stuck inside and have to go for emergency C-section. Both my mum and my hubby want me to go for C-section so that it won't be so risky. But I'm still hoping that another bb can turn around so that both will be in heads down position for me to go for vaginal delivery.

Wah, seems lik many mummies going to delivery earlier than EDD. Maks me vry gancheong for myself.

Whitecookies >> Pls tak care.

Ear thermometer :

Thks all for the advice. Whim, possible to lobang my ear thermometer purchase w u?

Bathing baby:

Hav anyone alrdy thot of wher to bath ur BB n hw to place the bath tub? Is it necessary to buy the bathtub stand? Cos I think it will b vry difficult for us to squat dwn?

Oh, ya. I hv bgt the impression disposable panties. Bgt 5 pks. Don't knw enough or nt. :p But the sample sure feels comfortable. Thks to all who highly recommended it.

Front button pyjamas:

I also bgt the pyjamas. Got myself 4 sets. Shld b enough bah. Cn get fr big NTUC outlet or Giant. Cheap n gd. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Whitecookies: How are u feeling now? Is there still contraction? I do hope the dr did put u on drip to stop the contraction as it did works for me. Subsequently i was given jab 2x a week and also 2 jabs to matured bb's lungs. Now no more oral medication but still got jab, once a week. Don't wori so much, some times the CTG is not very very accurate. The line which shows the contraction can be effected if bb moves a lot when you're strap down.

Jovialz (jovialz) , thks for sharing the info! Now after reading thru , im so afraid of the contractions n wonder hw it really feels... Gynae told me ard end Oct I can go for my C-sect le thgh my EDD is Nov... dunno if i hv left out anything impt....

whitecookies : pls take care!

Fashion_Spree: I'm still on bed rest; hospitalisation leave till early Oct. For me, bb is fine only the contraction tat's causing the trouble :p No oral meds but take jab, once a week... and it's darn painful :'( I think i wud need to take jab till i'm at least 36 weeks.

.... am not sure whether it's the herbal soups I have taken on sun and ystd, but I gets very hot and couldnt sleep well ystd nite. Now, a simple lunch I am feeling both cold and hot

anybody have this?

Back