(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

sheepysheep> thk you can also try lying quietly on bed to observe whether bb moves, i think nowadays as the bb grow faster than our tummy stretches, bb does not have enough space to move when we lie flat on back on the bed, bb tend to move abit. but since u say bb got move at night so so should ok, but of cos best to ask yr gynae as i'm just sharing what i hv read, i'm also a FTM only [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi adeline, ya bb cot is another expensive item which we have yet to get too! i heard about stokke but didn't see any at taka fair yesterday. where are the places that are carrying the cots?

Hi PTB7476, oooo yes Stokke strollers are ridiculously expensive! I will never pay for it....too extravagant. Quinny costs abt 1k and I am already feeling the pinch! Babies today are so fortunate ya...I saw so many parents looking at Quinny strollers last nite.

hello ladies.. sighz.. lousy day at work [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

but nevermind, gg off soon .... tmr will be a better day! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jaymickey, i gg for the Barney show, on the 9sept 730 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bam, got email eh.. ok gg to check.. thanks..

we can meet during our maternity leave by then no nid dinner time, crowded, we shd chooss aweekday lunch [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ptb7476 >>>i mean the spree thread lah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stokke Strollers : I told my mum about the Stokke Strollers.. Told her that baby can sit at the table when we go out... then she say sounds like you pushing a chair (aka wheelchair) around... haha

5 mins to knock off!

Mummies going for Mummies Dinner. Please remember to check your email.

Mummies who can join last min.. you are welcome.

I'll send sms again to remind on the dinner tml.

Going for my class with Mrs Wong liao. See u all...

Bye.

Wow Bam! Ur hb must really like the stroller! Btw model were you guys looking at? We are considering the Quinny Buzz Black.

Stokke strollers don't seem like they can last till 2 years old..can they?

personal experience-- u muz start training ur nb bb 2 b in pram cos once u carry them too often like after confinement, they will not wanna sit on pram anymore. like my #1 since day 1 after confinement always in pram cos he's too heavy to b carried. till now he is 3 yrs old whenever we throw him in pram (when we oversea travelling) he is always ready cos used to it.

so muz do it start frm start

pram brand- persoanlly i love maclaren cos its easy to control n can take heavy kids up to 25kg. n can close wif one hand n light wt. its impt wen sometimes u r alone

buy pram muz see wats the max wt it can take. like maclaren can use frm nb to 4 yrs old or 25kg. i had done a survey b4 not many brands can take up to 25kg. so its kinda worth it to invest on a maclaren cos it can last u at least 4 yrs

sheepysheep...mine also dun move much but when i see he din move much i will purposely sleep on my side and he will start to stretch...guess he dun like me sleeping on the side :p

i guess all man like those high tech/chio looking pram while we on the other hand will go for more practical one hahaha.... guess must be the chio chio sport rims that attract the guys hahaha

Hi, by right according to this forum rules... our thread is not supposed to have

"Any form of selling

Exchanging items for vouchers

Referral Marketing

Advertising

Test Response threads

Spamming

Flamming

Topic names starting with characters like "*,!,#", numbers or deem to be a deliberate attempt to place the topic at the top of the category"

You can see the rules on top of the page when you click "Year 2010 Mums" as you enter this part of the forum.

That's why sprees have to be in the spree section... Anyway, relatively easy to start a spree thread in the spree section.

Not too sure what the moderator/admin might do if they think you are trying to do a pte spree here instead of doing via their spree section. But that's just my own interpretation of the rules.

Bam, ur SO really really likes Stokke. Can even go and change without telling you.

My fren was recommending the Stokke cot to us (coz he says that it can be used for the child up to quite old e.g. 7 yrs old). But Mothercare doesn't have a display set... I asked them when I took the catalogue from them.

So either we buy the cot without seeing it 1st (which I am personally not v comfortable with) or we buy another brand/type that I can see and touch 1st.

Does motherwork have display sets for Stokke items?

Huh.. I like pretty strollers too! Both my hubby and I r looking for stylish looking yet not too small prams/ strollers.

Oh, one thing to highlight, when using prams which are v wide, rem not to use e escalators tat r too narrow. Tat day my friend and I were at Parkway Parade and her husband was using peg stroller on a narrow escalator, as we were taking e escalator up and reaching e landing, e stroller's wheels got stucked and we were stucked on e escalator w e steps moving forward but we were stucked becoz of e stroller. Luckily after like 3 seconds, her husband managed to get e wheels in place to move off to e landing... Cannot imagine if it took longer. I guess we may all fall down e escalator if e wheels din giv way in time. So my advice, take e lift if e escalator is too narrow/jus nice for ur pram. And stand a few steps away from e person in front, in case of anything happening, it still gives u a little time to react.

Hi all MTBs,

I have past Motherhood magazine for sale.

For 2004 - March. July, Aug, Sep and Nov issues.

For 2005 to 2009 - whole year issue

Selling at $2.00 each.

Buy one whole year issue at $20.00

Self-collect at Hougang.

Interested, email to [email protected]

Ok my damage at taka sales, evenflo symphony car seat at 459 (4 recline levels from infant to 7 yrs old - outside sales price $599)+ okiedog bag $83 + infant clothes ~ $600.

errr vividip when using a stroller shouldnt one be using the lift instead of the escalator ? the stroller will obstruct other users who are in the rush and it can also be dangerous like what you said. please dont do that again

ya PTB7476.... now that you mentioned, i realised i dun see anyone using the escalator with strollers... i shall advise my friend not to do that again. It is too dangerous.

hi, do you gals buy infant car seats or child car seats? realised that infant car seats only meant for up to 1 year max.

Jewel - tat's quite a alot.. Haha.. U must have had a good time there.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sales @ Robinson

was at robinsons today.. There also got sale on pigeon, mustela, avent..

FYI mustela only 15% @ taka fair and there's a promo bag for $69.. I think the things are similar jus taka has a free changing mat..

Forgot to add.. The discounts are 20%.. even the pigeon wet wipes tat's selling at $19.50 for 6 packs of 82pcs and bottle wash promo also avail there..

whitecookies: we changed to buzz 3. Grestone colour.

he wanted blue but i insisted purple!!

He choosed the model.. i must have the decision on the colour.

Buzz All Black is nice. but i'm afraid that black absorbs heat and bb will feel hot.. so i prefer light colours

Bam, still SO changing to Stokke w/o informing u 1st... think he must have really wanted the Stokke.

hey, some of my frens are thinking of attending this Pigeon Babycraft talk, I think the Mrs Wong from TMC is the speaker. Is she the same Mrs Wong who teaches ur antenatal class?

Is she good/experienced or is she a bit more 'academic'?

Maternity support belt

Orangebb, think you were asking me abt it some time ago (can't remember who else was interested to know).

Anyway, the company mailed me the catalogue... I scanned the pic of the maternity belt (belt 2).

My original video of belt 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up-0f6oHSM8

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4332154.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4332155.jpg]

If you want, I can bring the actual maternity belt tomorrow to the mommies gathering. If not, then I won't bring it ... let me know, yah?

Jan O: There are those which is only meant for infant... ie. till 1 yr old (as infant cannot sit up straight, they are placed in lying position).

There are those which is meant for 1-3/4 yr old onwards... & there are those which is combine both usually from 0-3/4 yrs old.

3-4 yr old onwards you can buy a seat booster.

HHo: haha.. think my hub is happier than me, one big item down, the smaller items can buy along way or lowly stock up.

Novembaby: we saw a gd quality britax car seat ard $399 at taka... I like the fabric.. but the seat is for child fr 0-4 yrs oni. We tot pay a bit more to get Evenflo, bb can use the seat till 7. Britax at taka dun have much variety like in AMazon website... but are the prices indicated in USD?

Jewel:

Wow you spent so much at Taka! Heart pain or not?

Hey where is the Britax car seat?? Was looking out for it on Wed but couldn't find it. Went down on Wed to check out car seat prices but couldn't browse other stuff.

So I'm going next Tue to browse and also get high back booster car seat for my tot, hope still got stock!

I called up Robinsons CentrePoint earlier today.

Like what HHO said, there is 20% discount on certain items, and it's for all shoppers.

Robinsons cardmembers won't enjoy further discount, only the usual 5% rebate.

Robinsons sale from 5-9 Aug 2010.

Was a bit confused abt the GOO.N diaper sale cut off date at Isetan. So I called up Isetan Scotts today.

GOO.N sale only available at Isetan Scotts and Katong until 12 Aug 2010.

Diapers $18.50.

Pull-up pants $19.50.

The staff told me free delivery with $100 purchase for anything bought in Isetan.

But the Free Goodie bags with $30 purchase have all been given out.

Jollymummy, ya.. just went to purchase 2packs S diapers today at Isetan Katong. Altho, hubby luff at me silly, i insist buyin it first since there's discount. ;p

Capella Stroller,

any experience user of this? we saw some good buy of this model, however hubby find the hand abit flimsy,so dunno should we purchase our Maclaren anot.

Whim,

u got mail.. i cant post in the spree thread.

Mrs Lee:

You might probably have the last luff.

I checked the sizing earlier today. GOO.N Size S is for 4-8kg babies.

If your baby is big to begin with, you will probably get to use it when baby is 3-5 months.

Did you buy the Supreme Diapers or Silky Touch Diapers?

The staff said $18.50 special price applies to all GOO.N diapers but Supreme and Silky Touch are 2 classes of diapers, so got big difference in original price de. *scratch head*

Jollymummy, being FTM, i dunno the difference. haha! is there a difference? When i get there, only left 3packs of S, 2 NB. i grab the 2 packs n left, after touchin the samples. Got it at $18.50. haha! got the supreme ones.

Mrs Lee:

I'm not familiar with GOO.N so went to diapers.com.sg to check out types and sizing.

Found got 2 types, so wondering which you bought.

Yeah, if you got the Supreme ones, then it's good deal. Bec the Silky Touch one is abt $6 cheaper than Supreme, of course comes in fewer pieces than Supreme. =)

Har?? No more diapers already if I go on Tuesday?

Hope they will re-stock. I'm thinking of the Supreme Size M but not sure to get or not bec still expensive at 42cents per diaper after discount. Thinking hard...

I think I'll use cheaper varieties when baby is still young bec she will poo/pee at least 6-8 times per day.

Jollymummy, there is more stocks for M size, but $18.50 with lesser piece. Hopefully they will restock, since the demand is so high. Its my tot too, to buy cheaper diaper first, after hearin all the mothers sharing. :p

BTW, does any mummies here know where to get cute Elmo Plush Toy?

I want to get one for my lil' girl for her upcoming birthday. She's crazy abt Elmo!

Checked out Toysrus and Kiddy Palace, all don't have.

Any mummies knows or got lobang, pls let me know okie?

Thanks a million!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mrs Lee:

Yes, you will feel very heart pain one each time your baby pee/poo onto expensive diaper, hehe!

Okie, going to bed now! Goodnight!! =)

Jewel,

Yup, the charges on amazon are indicated in USD. $399 is a very good price. Most of the britax convertible car seats can take up to 65 lbs (~30kg). You can remember the model that you saw at Taka? Eveflo is a gd brand too.

mummies,

I may hav to give a miss to the dinner as younger one developed fever 38.7 in evenin. Now at 38.8 even aft 2nd dose of medicine. Sponging him now...

Bejewel, trismum - if i cant make it, will arrange another day to pass the things to you...

Mrs Lee, got ur mail. Will go forward it and have it posted in the spree thread (coz I also cannot post there) [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ange, My Brest Friend nursing pillow ....well, Taka is already discounting the price (altho'I not sure if other places will have even greater discounts). Think there was someone to came into our thread just to post that she wants to sell her existing My Brest Friend nursing pillow (believe the post was this week).

Maybe if you dun mind buying 2nd hand, u can check out her post? Most prob 2nd hand shd sell cheaper than any stores...

Wow.. Why are u girls doing waking up during wee hours..

I slept like a log. Super tired. Dunno why... Maybe super holiday mood

Wow so many of you going for the dinner. Too bad I can't join. Going to Bali and will be back on national day. Any idea when the taka fair will be over?

Have a good dinner and nice long weekend!

Jollymummy, I went to Isetan on wed, considered very very long to get the Goo.n diapers or not but in the end I didn't get it.. Cos I still find it exp compared to other diapers..

Naf, hope ur boy get well soon!!

Ange, $65 is quite a good buy, outside selling at $82...

Mrs Lee, my friend has a Capella stroller, so I tried to push before but it's abit bulky and when we go shopping it's quite difficult to move around.. U might wanna test on Combi one, I got the Miracle turn which is quite easy to move around.. They have don't know what special design for the wheels..

Back