(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Toys - usually FP will hv their warehouse sales towards the end of the year n the discount is quite good. More than 50% off retail price n they r all in good condition except for torn boxes only. So can watch out for that.

Maybe can consider the FP rocker which comes in handy as they grow. Mine used from 1 mth till now. Can sit there n have her meals.

hammiebao, i take gnc fenugreek to boost milk supply. Lansinoh... Less than 1 tube is used.

Just a friendly note, i understand if u ladies want to save $ by finding out the cheapest deal, so tompang my spree if u r comfy. ;)

Clover, I wan to tombang on ur spree to buy Lansinoh but the link you provided didnt reflect the cost of it.. May I know how much is that?

Desitin/drugstore spree

I am organising one coz I tot some of the ladies wanted... but it's ok if the foreign exchange rates or prices are better in the other sprees/bulk purchases.

FYI, my fren's spree thread is using USD1= SGD1.42 and we are using vPost USA (international shipping charges can be found on the vPost website itself), so u can 'agar-agar' the individual int'l shipping.

I am almost like the 2nd-in-charge for this spree coz I asked her to open it for the mommies here. You can contact me via pm (she dun accept pm herself) or sms or ask me questions when we meet up on Fri.

I can pass the actual items to you if you order via her spree thread and if you want to, you can pass me the $ instead of inter-bank transfers if you want to order the items fast fast.

But up to you all to decide...

Desitin cream spree> do u send to overseas address?

Hpc> take care and hope yr dad is ok.

Tris mum> wow u got 300packs of breast milk stock up!!!

hammiebiao...did you get those sales link from mummysg forum ?

btw how many piece of clothes we need to buy for the infant? is 20 piece of top enuff exclude the night time long sleeve ? do they vomit alot :p i recken... 1 day 3 piece ...so can last 6 days even if i dun wash them every other day :p

seem like taka sales is worth going..ok will find time to go :p

FYI, the drugstore promo for Lansinoh & Desitin states "buy 2, get $2 off" is limited to once per order.

Which means if 10 mommies want to buy 20 bottles of Desitin, only 2 of these bottles will have the $2 discount applied to them.

If you ladies buying from spree and want that $2 off, just make sure that they confirm that you are getting that $2 discount (i.e. it goes to your order and not the overall spree order etc).

Desitin spree

Mummywong10, u want to join the spree and send to HK or somewhere else outside Singapore? I guess I can help you do that... send via SingPost registered mail/post. But will incur additional postage again. Not sure whether you can really save vs buying it in HK coz there is 1) cost of item, 2) international shipping to Singapore and your 3) international shipping to HK (which will not apply for most mommies here).

Furthermore, my personal experience with SingPost is that they dun want to accept parcels etc with liquids. I tried to mail a body lotion set to my overseas fren before and SingPost refused to accept it coz to them, liquids are 'hazardous materials' etc. Maybe the cream is not really considered as liquid but not too sure what is SingPost's official policy.

Bam, just email the whimsicalbc email a/c (as stated) in the spree thread or u can pm me with the item name, url within drugstore, etc so I tidy it up and have my fren post back in that thread.

Coz I'm a member of less than 1 yr, I cannot post in the spree thread myself.... if not, I will spree under my own name.

Clover, thanks!

I don't know is it because I am drawing near to November, I am starting to feel excited about D day... any one of you having same feelings?

WTS - Pigeon Rapid Steam Sterilizer (Brand New)

Brand new and unopen/unused. MIL prefer the boiling method.

Willing to let go at $60.

Meet up at Sembawang/yishun MRT.

Interested parties pls sms me at 81003093

ange: me me!! I getting very excited also.. names.. things to buy though I haven't got alot cuz have loads of pass down..

I can't wait for next check-up

cuz by the next, my check up will be fortnightly.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

whim> thanks for answering me. yah initially wanted to consider send to HK, actually I can spree with you all and send to local address in Sin to my mother's house, just that I can only collect it next year. guess I won't join the spree then.

mummywong10, they dun have the same kind of service like vPost in HK?

Comgateway can buy items from USA and deliver it to anywhere in the world e.g. HK/Malaysia etc, u might want to consider doing a bulk order yourself or spree for the mommies who are staying in HK, so you can still get good discounts and everyone saves on the international shipping.

Disclaimer: I don't work for vPost or Comgateway... just sharing my experience.

HHo, envy you that your checkup will be fortnightly cos that means u are entering T3 ;) congratz!!

Lucky you to receive loads of handsme down.. I didn't get much of that so has been spending alot especially big items.. but whenever I thought of how blessed I am to have a child, $ becomes secondary

whim> hmm i not very sure on the vpost in HK, i don't usually shop online by myself, usually i join my friends spree when I'm in Sin last time. I believe there are many online shops especially clothes that deliver to HK, just that I'm too lazy to find out :p

HHo> Oh u are starting fornightly check-up! SO happy for you, you get to see the bb more and ya like what Ange said, entering into 3rd trim? COngrats!!! I'm counting down to 3rd trim.

Ange> Me too! I cant wait for Nov to come..

I went to the taka fair last nite and wanted to get a stroller. Couldn't decide between a quinny and a peg perego..both are equally costly but one is more stylish (which my hubby likes) and one is easier to keep (which i like). What are some of the models/brands that you ladies are looking for? I definitely want one that has both rear facing and forward facing....

hehee.. let's all countdown!

We should probably organise a dinner gathering when our babies are over 3 months old.. I believe that will be a fun time for us all ;D

Yes, I am on for the dinner gathering with bb. Think they'll be super cute.... but dunno if by that time if I can fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Mummywong, I'm sure HK got sell it but u have to look for it.. Or join spree from HK forum..

Ange, I'm on for the baby 3rd mth gathering too!!

PTB, I think so.. Haha

Jaymickey, thanks, will slowly check out the neighborhood stalls..

waa I sure hope all of us will be pretty pretty and slim slim after 3mths of delivery.. that's my goal ;)

yes, I'm certain they'll be cute and we'll have lots of pics to take.. the more I talk abt it, the more I'm excited

anyone has any idea which month does cny falls in next yr? Hopefully not Jan so that we can have ample time to "shrink" our figure

argg....i going to miss again, i can only be back for 1-2wks around CNY.

hammiebao> HK pregnancy forum like don't have so much thing and not so active. i wanted to find out about pre-natal classes from the forum also not much info..very sian..

Whitecookies: I actually bought mclaren. Now my hubby wants to go back to change for Quinny.

Which i think it's bulky! but he likes it alot.

Hi whitecookies... Do u happen to see Brio/Bugaboo strollers there? I m deciding between these 2. Btw, between quinny and peg, which one is e easier to close one?

Hi Hi!! Want to sell Elancyl Stretch Mark Prevention Cream. Brand New. Bought extra, have already delivered. Fyi, I have no stretch marks after using this cream throughout my pregnancy. Retail @ $47.30. Selling at $40. Pick-up location @ Little India MRT. If keen, please email me at [email protected]

Hi Mummies,

I have a Maxi-Cosi Cabrio Fix Infant Car Seat

Colour: Blue/ Picnic Ocean!!

Still under 1 year Warranty

With Receipt - Bought on 9th Dec 2009

Used only for 3 months from Apr - Jun 10

Condition: Good 8.5/10

from non-smoking home and clean car!

Self Collection from Bt Batok or Near Parkway Parade or Via Courier about $9

please see below link for photos and details!

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449169/4330307.html?1280990921

Hi Bam, my hubby likes Quinny too..for the stylish design and the big wheels! I actually quite like MClaren too but it doesn't have rear-facing models.

Hi Vividip, peg perego is easier for me to open and close on my own....Quinny is quite hard for me. But my hubby's rationale is ... I will not bring the bb out on my own very often anyway. hmm...I thought I would give in this time round since this is something he really likes and voiced out since my pregnancy.

Vividip,

I personally feel peg is more easy to closed. I bought mine peg prego piko 3 classic. My hubby n I like it v much.

We did a compare between quinny n peg as qunny can't stand if closed. As peg can stand by itself.we feel more convenient .

Hi Mummies,

Can I chk if it's normal that my bb (currently 25 wks) don't move as much as the past few days?

FTMTB la.. so very blur... thanks!

whitecookies: I think your hubby and my hubby mentality same leh! I also keep complaining about the size of Quinny.. and he says. i won't be bring bb out alone most of the time. and if he's not ard.. i can drive.. so he ask me.. what's my problem!

I just keep quiet!

sheepysheeps> do u mean don't move as much past few days but bb does move everyday though?

i think i remember vaguely website says you cannot really "count how many times bb move" at this point of time (think T3 nearing delivery than you can count), as long as bb got movement is fine. why not try switching position/listen to music/slight pat on the tummy to see if the bb reacts to you? if not, then think u better consult yr gynae?

Hi fashion_spree, totally agree! I personally like the switch model but my hubby thinks its not stylish.

Its style vs. practicality.

Hi Bam, seems like our hubbies are more conscious of the aesthetics! So I reckon, I will have to use the sling if I really do bring the bb out on my own. Oh and, my hb commented that he will only push a Quinny stroller! *faint*

PTB7476, my gf recommend me this site for spree mah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

so anything good?

btw why cannot post in spree or wts corner?

got such restriction here?

Dimple (godblessus) >>> freestyle pump from tanlengleng think is sgd418 + shipping cost

from the thread is abt sgd$65

only concern is warranty in USA only lolxxx

Hi PTB7476, no lor..he said share share...but he will pay for the bb cot. the stroller is so costly! I think these days, parents are more willing to spend on strollers...easier above $500.

whitecookies>>>my hubby see many cot and think he has set his mind on stokke.....but price so expensive..........nvm he buy buy buy I save save save [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Adeline...what site for spree ?? i din post or organise any spree. and yes i think there is some restriction here

whitecookie...if my hubby tell me that i will say can you want...you pay wahahahha...i read an article.. some stroller can be as high as $3K..

we went MS walk walk ...my gosh ...a stokke stroller can cost Almost $2K !! then a baby cot also price $1K and above more exp than a King size bed frame...my gosh..some of these ideas sure are for the rich and the famous or the willing hahaha

Hi mommywong,

Ya. Bb got move but I noticed will move in the mornings for the past 1 wk. Then these few days suddenly no move in the mornings. I tried to shift position, listen songs or pat but no use. BB refuse to move.

Sometimes in the day will move a bit most time just nothing.

But at night will move n can see my tummy 'pop' fm the kicks/jabs.

Normal?

sheepysheeps: same here. my bb was very active last week, esp in the morning. but these few days she moves lesser. i think it's mayb due to i'm also busy+stress about my own stuff.. i think mummywong is right that as long as can feel the baby movements in a day should be fine.

Back