(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Seabreeze: wow that's a good reply!!!!! how come i didnt think of that whenever hubby says 我帮你照顾孩子 or help me do things for our baby! am so going to use that next time... hope it will make him ponder for a while. hahaahaha!!!!

Hi mummies,

Guess I've been targeted as the mummy u all hate so much rite?

Well, this forum is the one n only place that I can learn n also gain some knowledge n sanity.

As I'm typing this, tears are flowing cos I feel so hurt.

Well, being a first time mother of cos there are many things I'm unsure of n wanna ask. But seems like u all don't like lor.

Mb I sld just disappear from this forum n also delete FB Liao.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone here. But it's really unintentional. I just wan the best for my baby. This is the only place that I can at least chat with some mummies n gain some help n advice.

Din realize that somehow I'm the much hated one n the so called mad mummy here. Well, then I think mb I sld just leave this forum ba.

Hmm sometimes my boy cough cough a bit so i tot maybe he havent recover from his cough from 3-4 weeks back. until earlier my mum says he cough cough cos he wants us to carry him! OMG.. like that also can? And true enuff... after my mum carry him, the cough cough stopped!

Xin2,

hmm duno what has happen 2u & de forum esp where i juz joined. But i can see here there are some good mommies advicing and comforting u.. cheer up! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tiffy,

so sorri .. coz fb store in my hubb desktop & his like 24/7 playi games, and i cant use my laptop to log coz gosh he forgt his password le haha, will tell him to add [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Fel,

Nevermind.... I can wait cos I want to see bb pic. Hehe

Princess d,

How is Jade? Aiyoh she is so sweet leh

Lilac white,

Wahahaha next time can b actor. Lol

Jac,

Forgot to thank u. I have received the guide to bb food. Thank u[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yeah, just let ur hb handle more of Jadelyn.

starry> Finally got a hold on healthy times cereal in Yishun. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I've already bought nestle cerelac before hand though [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Maybe I'll drink the nestle cerelac for myself. huhu..

Xin2,

Though I have not directly commnicated with u via FB n PM, am sure that those few mummies who had been patientlg answering your repeated questions have alr told you what is 'wrong' n urged you to take necessary action to improve your situation.

Been a first time mum is no doubt stressful n all of us here face the same stress too n having said that, what makes you think that 2nd n 3rd time mummy aren't stress either? We have another set of issues to look at too.

If just 1 mummy gives you her feedback abt you n u ignore but another few mummies also say the same thing to you then u should really sit down n seriously think through the msg that ppl are trying to tell you.

This forum is a nice place for us to learn together n it doesn't revolve around any one mummy. We come here to build a support grp on a voluntary basis n no one is paying another to dish out advise. Clean up ur tears n take care.

Lilac White

I hate it whenever he thinks he is helping me cos like doing me a favour like that haha

Dun let them get into that habit heehee

hi mummies,

My boy has been taking antibotics for his skin since last wed. Since then he started to have loose bowels and more times a day..almost 4-5 times a day. I dont know how to tell if its diarrohea since its not completely watery.

I heard that this is normal when baby takes antibotics. Does anyone know if this is true? He has 2 days more to finish the course of antibotics. Not sure if i should continue it.

Tiffy: ya man. This mOrn he woke up so I ask bao bao? He went 'cough cough' again. After I carry he ok! Nocough. Jia lat he associate cough cough with carry now. It may b funny now but I dun wish it to become a habit. Sang nao jing...

Seabreeze: wat u said is true! At o e point I eas q upset w my hb. He is great la like everytime will auto help me wash sterilize bottles pump n boil water etc while I tend to bb. But sometimes I busy I ask him help me to feed bb or help w other stuff he grumbles n etc n even say I v reliant on him. Wat the.....!!! That's not reliant cos I can do it myself jus that I needed help cos my hands were full. So I had cold war w him for a few days refused to let him feed Or do anything for bb. I rather struggle myself. He was upset abt it. Men oso can b hard to please. :p

Sometimes ask him help a bit he like that Liao still wan me gv him no 2!!! Slowly wait! :p

Loca,

Loose stools maybe a possible side effect of antibiotics wor. Shld finish e course otherwise infection may come back. How is his skin condition now? Tamed by e pd's medicine n cream?

Gd morning Mummies & Ian!

I cut down 1 pumping session for a couple of weeks already coz my freezer no space Liao. Aft I cut down, bb decided to increase his milk intake! N these few days for some strange reason my ss dropped by 1 third. Dunno if its coz last week work quite stressful but weekend also much less... Now I dunno if I shd increase my pumping again or not n if it wil help. My freezer stock is quickly depleting, so sad. Quite a headache, used to stress over no space to store n keep throwing milk now stress coz looks like not enough. Fenugreek also not helping anymore n even after 9-10 hrs my breasts dun feel full Liao. This is wat happens wen I complain abt no space for milk [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] somemore was hoping to stretch bf til I start trying for no 2. Dunno if still can at this rate.

Groovy,

clementi Ntuc finess has got the healthy times cereal!! It is hidden at the organic session!!!

diarrhoea :

yes, antibiotics can cause diarrhoea.. To reduce the impact, reduce milk intake, can ask PD give some good bacteria to help BB stomach, eg lacto GG.. Wash BB bottom with only soap n water. NO wet tissue, will results in redness..

Good morning mummies n Ian

Lilac,

Huh wow he damn smart liao. Know how to cheat u.

Let ur hb b more hands on till he lazy to complain abt taking care of bb. Sometime weekend when I go marketing, my hb will handle both our kids. My hb know A to Z on taking care of our kids.

Lilac White

Same same cos I used to do everything on my own n he super relax but when #2 n #3 came he had no choice n had to chip in (w lots of $@));@@$?$!) then one fine day I told him that it's my fault cos I pampered him too much haha so he got the msg.

He is ok just tat need to tell him to do n dun expect auto pilot mode. He oso consider himself lucky cos I wake up to latch bb on so he always get to zzz thr . Always tell ppl I got 3+1 kids haha MAN!!

Xin2,

I'm sure you're a nice person but your quest in wanting the best for your child has turned you into a monster with obsessive compulsive disorder. This is really unhealthy for yourself, your baby, your marriage and your social network.

You started harassing mummies for answers and these answers have become your daily fuel to function. Xin, the answers are right under your nose. You're a good mummy and you just have to let your instincts and your baby's cue guide you. Loosen up and be yourself. If you still are overwhelmed by your emotions, then you may have to look at other avenue, psychiatric help.

Your baby is doing ok, but you r not. And when u r not doing ok, u'll end up screwing up his well being. Today, its gina ford. Tmr its another routine used by another mummy. Look at that poor boy, are u even looking at his needs?

Morning mummies

Stella

Jia you.. u can try the sacred tea?

I hvnt receive mine yet.

Maybe growth spurt? Ard 6 month right?

Last week or 2 weeks ago nikolas also wake up several times at night, hourly! I was so tired!!

Xin2

I m sorry if i contribute in ur sadness. But some mummies here r right.

I just find the situation amusing, no personal attack, as i dont know u personally.

Really hope u can find help, talk to ur hubby, to some real friends, go out a lil bit more n get plenty of rest.

Take care.

xin,

take it easy, there is no fixed routine on what to do or what must be done...mommies here are most willing to share, but always remember that every bb is unique,things may be applicable to their bb, does not means that it is applicable to your bb. Take this as a GUIDELINE, not strict routine.. when mommy is happy, so is bb.

hope i can be of help to you and may u stay positive okay?? hugs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning Mummies & Ian!

The thread is moving really fast over the wkend, still trying to catch up. Manage to read yesterday's thread first..

Stella, you've got good supply! Don't worry and mayb you need more rest and feeling a bit stress will somehow cause supply to drop. I salute you to endure to 1yr, i think i'm gonna stop soon..

Seabreeze / Lilac, yaya.. I agree that when our hubby says that 我帮你照顾孩子, we must rebutt them back. I tell him off that 孩子你没份吗? Then he stunned lor, keep quiet and zipped his mouth! haha!

Jacq, I agreed that you shld complain about that fellow la. How can make a preggie mummy do all the work?! Such a lazy bum!! I would be damn pissed if I were you too.

Princess, Jade sure is such a darling! Knows how to melt your heart and ask Mummy why didnt you say you love me at the right timing so that you wont be angry wth her! keke.. Actually good that she like to eat healthy, some kids that I see, simply puts off eating.

Nycmum, wah! Breaking news soon?! Quick quick go and test! Bet everyone is waiting for your good news!

I was also at a wedding dinner last night at Shangrila, wah biang, we were only served 3rd dish at 10pm lor. Super duper tired! Me & Hubby decide to leave by 5th dish.. cos if con't wait till they serve everything, the dinner would have ended at 12am manz. Crazy!!!!

I wana seek advise from mummies here, I think my girl is having milk strike again leh. Doesn't seem like she is teething n refusing milk. Cos when give water, she will immediately drink and can see her eyes is blink blink lor. when comes to milk, immediately she will cry and refuse. Such a headache to feed her over the wkend and yesterday she only drink less than 600ml plus eat 1 tablespoon of cereal only. Can someone advise me why like tht huh? How to get her interested in milk again??

cherry, lol..yeahh~ very long nv jiak liao~ expensive leh..each time buy is $30-50..

tiffy, yeah 顺便feed him abit..lol!

teoong,

try upgrading her teats to 1 size bigger..

Ian,

i also LOVEEESS durian, but my hubby hate e after effect, thats y i cut down on durian. only indulge when he is out station!!! lol.

i think cannot give xaiver le, dont know if it will trigger allergy anot. u better check with e other mommies...

Ian, I jus saw you post on Durains! Drooling to think of the MSW lor.. Wah! you so fast wana feed Xavier durains?! high sugar level wor. Keke.. wait your boy super active then you will be tired out by him la! keke..

Cherry, I saw your post on mani and pedi! Super NICE!!!! Damn tempting leh! I dont know if I have the time to go and do it! keke.. I missed doing mani & pedi. Hmm.. shld find an excuse to so it! But scare the long nail will scratch my girl la, me very chou lor type.

Tiffy, I like it that your hubby is the A-Z hubby that knows how to handle the kids. GREAT!! My hubby now tries to aviod cleaning bb poo since she started on cereal, cos the poo is very smelly and not so liquid like when feeding on BM. haha..

teoong,

come join me n starry on our next visit.. i can share with you one slot($88) of my package if you dont mind. we must pamper ourselves what.. if not only bb n work, not fair. work-life balance!!! lol

Cherry, tht girl is using her tongue to push out the teat leh. I'm using AVENT teat, currently is 3holes and she will pui out the milk also. Probably I shld try 4holes teat.. Biangz! so hard to feed her lor, tried to force-feed wthin the hour, but tht girl got strong temper, don't want means don't want! Grr.. End up I also give up and tell her that she still refuses, gotta wait till the nxt feeding, if she ask any earlier. No milk!! Me Bad mummy la!!

Kekeke.. hmm.. I will try to find time to go n rackey the mani & pedi then get hubby to pay!!! haha..

Teoong

I was told by IFC teacher that babies at this age recognise taste and will choose what they want to drink. Maybe athena prefers taste of water? Can try reducing intake of water so she'll be hungry and drink milk instead? Ithink baby will drink watever when they are hungry. Try not to force feed as baby will link unpleasant feeling to milk. Can try to dreamfeed her so she'll resist less. The IFC taught me to sing to her, rock her gently...but must be real PATIENT and very ENG. I got so tired from coaxing Claudia to drink that I give in to her sometimes.

Poo

Yah baby's poo does gets smellier when start on cereal...cannot imagine what the smell will be like once they eat more food.

Test

So busy that I dun even have time to buy test kit. thinking of taking MC tomorrow to rest...not enough sleep over weekends for me and baby.

Teoong,

Hahaha wait till their poo is the same type as his, he also will need to clean for Athena.

Ian,

Then b prepare to clean his super FRAGRANT poo aft u 顺便 feed him durian. Lol

Nycmum, thanks for your tips. I will try on her. That girl can don't wana sleep during the day and it's so hard to dreamfeed her!! So now I switch on symphony music thru the day and get her to listen till goggy and go sleep. Haha.. also brought radio to my MIL hse and get her to do that to her! Notti little girl la. Really no joke to sing n rock baby while feeding leh, ENG is one thing. While them gaining weight each period. GOD! i think can train our muscles lor!

Tiffy, ya lor. The guys all freak out when comes to cleaning the baby's poo! Really chicken out!!

Tiffy: Ya nowadays babies all v smart. LOL Too much good nutrients in their milk.

Seabreeze: some things and sometimes my hb will be on auto pilot mode. but other stuff, hv to nag a bit. :p so women become naggy not by choice. men moulded us into that. hahahahaa

gtg boss here

Stella:

When you reduce pumps, you have to do it slowly or risk a drastic drop in supply. Slowly means stretching your pumping interval by 15 mins, leting your body get used to it before going another 15 mins. Anyway, don't worry about your son's increased intake as stress will decrease your supply too. Growth spurts are not permanant. Drink more water too.

Re: Husbands

I always use "your son", "your daughter" when I ask him to look after the kids. Grinz. Reminder that the kids are his too. But to be frank, my husband is very good with the kids. Although he needs me to push him to do things, his flair with the kids is much better than mine.

Re: Durians

Eh. No durians for our little ones now. The sugar contents is too high.

cherry> simi after effects?

seabreeze/ivy/fifi> yeah huh..high sugar. i need to think twice now -__-"

tiffy> oh no..why didnt i think of that! super engrossed in feeding him with the fruit nia..

Dressaholic:

Thanks for your advice n making me see some light. I'll try to go by my instincts n do the best for my baby.

Well, will definitely talk to hb more n also stick to 1 routine for baby.

Of cos I wan to be a happy mummy with a happy baby also.

Ann:

Thanks for your encouragement too. I'll try to talk more to hb n also friends. Think really need to relax more.

Cherry:

I'll stay positive n will ask for your advice when needed. Thanks. Trying my best to be positive.

hello! Am on leave today and going to visit a colleague at Mt E. She just gave birth 2 days ago to a baby girl! Can't wait to see her. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Seabreeze,

My hubby Nv say that so can't use ur answer on him. In fact, he was very proud and yaya papaya leh. -_-!!

Xin,

Why so upset? We are all here to share and learn too. I know it's very frustrating when baby fusses and is cranky but u gotta tell urself this stage will not last forever! I was frustrated with bfing and Jadelyn not latching well plus supply dropping but u don't see me whining and complaining. The mummies here are all very helpful in giving advices and like what cherry said, they are merely GUIDELINES, u cannot expect a TEXTBOOK RESPONSE from ur baby. All of us are unique and so are our babies. So u must manage ur expectations and not get upset when things don't turn out the way u want and keep asking the same things over and over again, expecting different answers from us here. What we share, if u've noticed, are usually very consistent with our own experiences. We don't hate u at all. Sometimes it's just that we don't know how to answer ur questions anymore! Cheer up and be happy for ur sake as well as ur baby's. Really, a happy mom = a happy baby! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Teoong,

Yes, complain!!! He very well knows I am pregnant lor. Still can go skive and left me alone at the busy booth. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Tiffy,

No problem! Glad to share. I thought the part about when to intro what food to baby is particularly helpful. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ian!

U and ur durians!! Make sure u use mask when changing his soiled diaper. Skally can be used as biological weapon. Wahahaha!!

Teoong: On and off, Jaeden is like that during milk feed too! Sometimes really bth dunno how to make him drink more! And same like athena, when we give him water, he drinks and when we quickly switch to milk bottle, he uses his tongue to push it out. He has been wasting a lot of milk. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I try to drag his milk feed to 4 hrs, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. But that also means his total intake for the day is affected. If I drag the time and give him more milk each feed, he end up regurgitating all out. Headache leh!

Fifi: Hahaha When I saw 'your son' to my hubby, he will say 'he is not my son. He is OUR son' Either way... glad he knows he is OURs so he ought to share half half the load too. HHAHAHAA

Re: Sweet Potato Puree

Last Sat, I made some sweet potato puree. After my boy ate it, he poo poo-ed and his poo poo smelled like sweet potato!! *Faints

This morning my boy so cute. I was watching him on his tummy on his matteress from my bed. Hub was walking ard busy preparing to go work. So he didnt smile or talk to baby. When baby saw his daddy walk away, he pouted and wanted to cry. Muahahahahaha so I called out to him and greeted him Good Morning! Immediately he turned to my direction and smile. LOL

Yest i had such a heartache episode. Hub was busy with mopping the floor. I just finished feeding my boy his cereal so I left him in the middle of my bed to go wash his bowl. 5 mins later when i return to my bedroom door, i saw half of his body at the edge of my bed. Naturally, I screamed and ran to him but too late. He slipped off the bed and fell head down. So far no ba lu ku, no vomit nothing. Still drinking, playing and smiling per normal. SIGH And I really have no idea how he actually moved himself to the edge. SOme more during the 5 mins I was away, hb went to the room to pull him further into our bed. He was on his tummy at that time and he seldom does backflips! Even when he does, usually is just one backflip done accidentally. He cant crawl yet. And for him to reach the bed edge, he needs to do several flips / backflips. BAH!!!

Teoong:

thanks but I'm not gg til 1 yr, max mayb 8-9 months coz may or June onwards gonna try for no 2 n wil need to stop before that. I stil considering bf during pregnancy but 1st time I had low lying placenta w bleeding so dunno whether advisable anot.

Fifi: thanks for the advice. All this time I cut pumping sessions frm 2 hourly now til 8 hourly I jus reduce by an hr each time (recommended by lc) instead of15 min for e past 3-4 months no prob, somemore my pumping times very irregulat. this time also 1st week no prob only last wed to sun suddenly dipped. Mayb I'm getting my period or stress or not enough water, I really dunno man, gonna try relaxation methods n water parade in c how it goes. Btw, aft growth spurt the volume he's drinking will remain right? Coz I rmb 3rd week growth spurt volume remained all e way til jus recently.

Lilac white: poor Jaeden! He must hv cried his heart out, luckily he's ok. Logan does the flipping thing as well n can coordinate his flipping to reach desired spot somemore. Alot of heart attack moments!

good afternoon mommies n Ian

Long thread,gotta take sometime to read![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks ladies,jade is good and very hyper now! On diet yest n she went on strike! Dun wanna eat food we gave her.. We had teochew muay yest! Buahahahahah!!!!!

Starry

I was at east coast park yest! just when I left,I saw ur posting in fb[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] or else can see u there....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hey, u should disappear ,ore often then since the ,aster so proud n yay papaya! Lol

Saw jadelyn pics n she looks like she had lots of fun wrecking down the house!! Lol the oversize sleeves...... Lol

Stella

I tried fenugreek n the sacred tea.. Lutcome Is good but after I see ss back, I only take the sacred tea[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Don't be to stress about it k.....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]I'm sure it will come bk soon[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lilac

Cough cough!!! Lolso funny!!

Hope he is good!Once they can turn or flip on tummy, cannot leave them alone Liao! Lol u ll b amazed how fast these babies can do stunts!!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ian

Durian purée for Xavier?? good!!!!

Hey, loves durian! She had durian at 18mghs or so n loves it!

Couple of weeks back went to IL's house .. Hb was carrying her cos sleeping and just as we were outside the gate, she woke up and said , ye ye got durian inside the house!!!! Lol

She went in and ransack the brown bag nd smiled...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starry:

Actually I'm not upset becos of baby fussing or cranky. Cos he's much better nowadays as he grows older. But I'm really upset cos I've been misunderstood n I feel so wrOnged.

Well, I sometimes comment on FB that Kayden is like this or like that also. N he has this n that also. I don't see wats wrong wat. Y got pple say I boosting? Like that also consider making comparisons meh?

Then in tat case I can't comment on anything n hv my freedom of speech?

Dunno y but just feel that I'm like the targeted one n arrows keep pointing at me lor. Feeling added stress cos of these also. Already stressed taking care of baby but on top of that got to deal with all these negative remarks n even vulgarities hurled at me n calling me mad woman.

How to take it n not be upset????

I'm just trying my best for my baby n seeking advice. Yes, mb sometimes I ask again n again. But mb can put urself in my shoes? Taking care of baby alone n certain things don't work. So I ask again lor.

Anyway, thks for ur reply.

Back