(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Hi Good morning mummies!!!

Hope all of you have a good rest over the long weekend.

I have been sleeping over the long weekend but still feel very tire today.

Hi All,

Never eat marmite or Bovril but tot of trying.

Can i know these is from beef? And normally can eat with?

Starrymommy.....can't comment on Bovril or Marmite as I've never liked both....hahaha

But this morning, I had a ham & cheese toastie to fill my tummy.

Princess Diamond, that's why I was telling those mummies that have the luxury of sleeping in to enjoy it while it lasts.....once the baby comes....our sleeping time revolves around them.

yewee,

both Bovril and Marmite are made from yeast extract. when i was growing up, i had either one mixed into my porridge. very nice and savoury! in fact, every time i see/smell/taste it, i will be reminded of my kampong childhood days in m'sia. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] the british people like to spread it on hot toast or just pour boiling water and make a hot broth. also can add into soups for flavour.

You can try eating the Bovril and Marmite with oats. Taste just like porridge. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi ladies,

Have not posted for a long long time, cos I was worried of how this pregnancy would turn out. I had 2 abnormal pregnancies previously and had to be terminated before 12 weeks... so, this time, I was sort of waiting for my gynea's detailed examination on the confirmation that the same does not occur again.

Praise God that everything was fine last week when I went for check up.

I've also been taking marmite with bread and butter in the morning.. love the salty taste.

My MS seems to be subsiding bit by bit, except for the bloated feeling and wanting to burp all the time. Sometimes, as i could yet to feel baby's move, I wonder if everything is ok in there. I guess I just have to trust God that He will take care of everything.

hello good morning good people!

i had a lazy sunday too! well i wasn't actually lazing around. i was busy with house chores! laundry and folding clothes and going through my DD1's homework and some reading and some freelance project. so i didn't login the whole day yesterday. i took a nap in the PM and didn't realize that hubby took the girls out to play. when i woke up and they're gone i feel such a lost!! i was jittery! luckily he wasn't out for long. i missed the girls so much! i realized that they meant the WORLD to me! wait till all first-time mommies deliver their October gems, you'll feel what i feel [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

princess diamond,

i had wanted to mention about the belly button for so long but i totally forgot! prego brain! mine is beginning to flatten out just like my previous pregnancies since last two weeks i think. luckily it didn't protude like some. it could be quite obvious under a thin top.

snoopy,

about enjoying the luxury of sleeping, that's true but i also wanted to add that when you have another and they're grown up, they pretty much play with each other a lot that you finally have some time to yourself! i never regretted my "accident" with #2. i was worried-sick at first, but now i would never turn back time. it's just lovely to see your children playing and enjoying each other's company together. you're on your way there! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babythad,

jia you ok! i wish that everything is fine for you. as for your subsiding MS, at 12 weeks, this is completely normal. so please do not worry. i have good vibes for your pregnancy this time. join us more often. even when you feel worried! you need to stay positive all the time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babythad,

how many weeks are you now? agree with you to trust in God. glad to know too that your scan last week went well! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] care to post your ultrasound scan for us to admire?

i am feeling quite horrid today. when i woke up, if i yawn of cough, i will suddenly gag and want to vomit (normal??). the right side of my nose is stuck, and won't stop dripping! so irritating. and my eyes keep watering up. to top things off, i have a mild sore throat although i don't remember eating anything "wrong" yesterday. sigh... are these pregnancy symptoms or am i falling sick?

melissa,

about the belly button popping out, there are actually cute belly button stickers sold in maternity stores to keep them inverted when mummies need to wear nice figure hugging dresses/tops. saw it being advertised in one of the issues in mother & baby magazine. maybe can try that.

hi ladies

I'm also due in early Oct. Just wondering, can i take yoghurt with the iron pills? My NS seems not to be lessening though I don't actually vomit out now. Still not having much appetite at night. So eating more during the day to make up for it.

Hi Emmie

For my case, the nurse told me not to take milk within 1 hour after taking my iron pill. So I have been avoiding anything that contains milk within that hour.

starrymommy,

wow i don't know such thing exist! anyway, my belly button didn't protude, it has always flatten out to the point of it almost covered the belly button hole hehehe..

Emmie,

i think it's best u take iron pills with orange juice. it will speed up absorption of iron into your system and settles better to your stomach. some ladies can get constipated with iron pills so the orange juice sort of evens it out. i also don't have much appetite at night so i eat in the day to make for it. just like you did [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mommies, I'm from Jan 2010 thread.

I have the following I wish to let go:

Via post or Self collection will be @ my place in Aljunied.

Nursing Bra size 40C (Nude(brown) and light beige) - $8.50 each including postage

Washed not worn. Bought wrong size. Ribbon in the centre has been removed.

For pictures, please visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/23825906@N03/sets/72157623457485138

Brand New Unopened (without box) Medela Purelan $10 including postage

37g Expiry June 2012

Brand New Unopened Avent Nipple Cream $14 including postage

30g Expiry June 2011

From Little dreamers

Healing bottom spray $13.50 including postage

Brand new unopened 120ml bottle Expiry Sep 2011

I had to go for c-sect thus selling this off.

Dry confinement Powder (for hair) $7 including postage

3.4oz bottle Expiry Oct 2011

Used 30%. Tried using during confinement but end up washing my hair. :p

Do PM me if keen.

Hi Starrymommy,

I'm 12wk3days today.

I was at my gynea's clinic last wed to check on the well being of the baby. She has confirmed that everything looks ok.

I'm not really IT savvy, so, dun think can post the scan pic. As I'm quite reluctant to go for oscar test, I also requested for a check on the thickness of the neck and the nasal bone. She did a detailed scan for about 20mins to me to assure me that everything looks normal too. Guess will skip Oscar test.

I went for the check up with my sis. After the check, gynea commented that i was so brave to try for another child as the risk of me having the same abnormality is 10%. This brought tears in my sis' eyes.. :) I just cant help but give thanks and praise to God for this.

Well, I dun think I'm brave. I was just relying on God's strenght to carrying on and if anything were to happen, I just pray that I could remain strong in Him.

I still have spotting on and off, especially after a long walk.. Guess age is catching up. Will continue to pray hard for God's protection in this pregnancy.

I've decided to take medical leave.. Nose can't stop dripping. But don't have any fever so hopefully not a flu. Anyway not going to see GP this time but gynae instead. Worried that GP give medications that are not suitable for preggers and I trust my gynae more.

Babythad,

I think u are very brave!! Jia you okay?? Have faith in your little one also. He/she will sure come to appreciate your sacrifices one day. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] rest more, don't walk too much.

Grace,

why cannot take? No one cover your work? Usually it is not advisable to take leave, nevermind pregnant or not.. I am sure there are ppl who think that we are just taking advantage of our "situation". But I dun care lah. Really feel like a truck ran over me. I just made a note to myself to check email and give my clients (in the States) a call at night.

Babythad,

thanks!! Hope tmr can be well enough to go back to work. It came so suddenly!! Sigh.. So coincidentally boss not in today and start of the week after long weekend. Thank God not too many outstanding things at work..

Oh yah, one more thing... I am at my gynae's and I just asked how much it costs to do scan alone. The counter staff said $60 without consultation. Ex hor!! Next time when I am rich, I will buy an ultrasound machine and let mummies do their scan at 75% off! Haha!

Starrymommy envy you can go on MC.

I am covering a colleague on leave today so cannot take mc or leave or even go off early. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] So sleepy now after lunch.

Babythad, God will carry you through!

So envy Starrymommy can go on MC. I this whole week cannot take leave or mc cos big boss coming to SG from AUS.

So sian. Some more have to company her go for dinner everyday. Hope i can skip the dinner.

Will be very tire at night.

Babydes, yewee,

don't envy me leh. Feel so horrible lor! The only upside is that I was able to see my baby! Doc did a scan for me and also used Doppler to find baby's heartbeat. But the Doppler very old fashioned leh. He scanned for a while then managed to hear and so faint! I was tempted to tell him to invest in better one lor! And during the search, I was so scared, I was praying to God to please let him find the heartbeat. Lol! I also saw baby kicking and doing a sudden jump! Don't know why jumped, but it was cute to watch. Made my day. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mommies,

My EDD is 6 Oct, and it's my first pregnancy. So I'm really excited!!

It's so great to see so many similar symptoms on this forum, so I know that I'm not alone. =)

But it seems that my MS is getting worse now, used to only have nausea, but recently will vomit too...

And I also heard from my friends that you can supposedly see if your baby is a boy or girl as early as 13 weeks. But my sonographer said too small, cannot see yet.... Anyone has experience so far?

Starrymommy, go take a good rest!

Aiyo you make me very tempted to go to my gynae and ask him to do a scan.

I read from some sites that the baby is able to even suck his thumb now. That's so cute right!

Welcome Pan ShuQin!

starrymommy: I understand how you feel. Rememeber last week i had a fell and i want to a gynae near by?

His machines was so lousy, dun really can see the bb clearly then i ask to listen to the bb heartneat and he refered. Not sure if his machine dun have this function or what, he keep ask me to look at a very small dot on the scran which is keep binking and claim that it is my bb heart beat.

I also dun know can trust him anot. Lucky after sometime my bb move then i can confirm my bb is ok.

So scary

panshuqin

i went for my oscar when i was 12+ weeks but also said too early to see gender wor...welcome welcome...

starrymommy

i also have caught the flu le...nose dripping and then hor like got one ulcer on the inside of my upper mouth...tired...lazy to do any housework at all...cham..

Hi mummies,

Been quite busy over since end last week due to work + helping out with a BP, so din login here much. What did I miss?

Fisherbaby

Dun be too upset about your sis. As she has no kids, she will prob never understand the joy and emotions we feel when we see the scans of our little ones. Actually, sometimes even people who have had kids dun know how to appreciate scans. When I showed my mum the scan of my #1 last time, she asked: which is the head and which is the body?

BabyTiger:

Yah my husband is also very much a dustbin for me. I order, eat abit, give him.

Re: MS

Are all your MS gone? Mine is still here although I am already 13 weeks. Sigh. I think the gynae who did my Oscar test is correct when he said it is very likely I am carrying a boy coz my MS when carrying my #1 gal is only 10% of what I experience for this pregnancy.

IrishCoffee:

Rashes or itches are not uncommon due to the stomach stretching. However, do ensure that its not a result of some new cream you used or something you ate.

Re: Marmite

I have this with teochew porriage. Great when you dun have appetite. How do we make it a drink? Just mix with water? Will it be very salty?

Re: Milk and Iron

Eh calcium and iron dun mix. I think one of it impairs the absorbtion of the other. Cannot rem which.

Re: Capella Strollers, Baby Clothes

Sidetrack abit, relative's shop is having sales on Capella Strollers, pediped shoes, baby clothes and more. For those who have these items on your shopping list, can visit www.debabyshoppe.com. Please do your research onto pricing first ok so that if you find better deals anywhere else, dun blame me.

starrymommy,

coz im on contract job, due in June so duno if there will be renewal if now i take mc or leave unnecessarily lor

HI Yewee

Usually angmoh boss very understanding. If they know you preg and if they have family too, they sure wouldn't want you to have dinner with them everynight.

Starrymommy,

Maybe you are have that stuffy/dripping nose preg symptom we talked about the last time?? I can't remember the name of it now but its the one that cause a lot of phelgm!! One of the symptom is either dripping or stuffy nose!

Snoopy,

Think because i was over confident that i can wake up late then ended up waking up early![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

When we were at class i was like dozing off during story time!hehehehe....so ladies,

enjoy your time off and sleep as much as you can!hehehehhe..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

marmite or bovril?

I personally perfer bovril as it taste better..always have it together with porridge[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

But last night after starry mommy suggested a cup at night,yum yum...it is indeed soothing.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

belly button,

Not that i am complaining that is "ugly"?Just find it amusing sometimes..why is it so?hmmm.i wonder?Not gonna hide it with tape or thick clothing...let it be..is my beautiful baby in it!Show it!ngiak ngiak...

Babythad,

I'm also not doing the oscar scan and I'm checking on the thickness of the neck and the nasal bone tonight!!! Quite scared actually.. but I need to trust in the Lord more I guess!!

Fifi,

Don't worry I still have MS. I still puke daily!! So irritating! Always in the morning once and again about 6 plus. Like got timing one! And my complexion is getting from bad to worse. Everyone says I must be carrying a girl cos suffer so much!

Welcome, shuqin! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Etelle,

housework can wait, rest is more impt especially when it is flu. If no rest, will take longer to recover. I feel like sleeping now but can't seem to get tired enough to fall asleep.

Fifi,

Marmite or Bovril drink can be made using just one teaspoon of the concentrate with 3/4 cup of hot water. I like mine salty! Can always add more water to adjust the concentration.

Yewee, babydes,

I also had urges to go see gynae sometimes but will try not to since it is so ex!! So gotta "ren" lor. Actually last week I wasn't feeling any symptoms at all and was kinda concerned. Even boobs not sore... Then today caught this cold so took it as a chance to see baby and listen to heartbeat. Glad I did and put my mind at ease! Didn't manage to see baby sucking thumb although I also read somewhere that babies can dothat already at this stage. So cool, huh!

starrymommy

i got no flu medicine at home and i forgotten what type is safe for pregnancy so trying to overcome it by itself...haiz...drowsy eyes like wet wet nose dripping throat pain...haiz...maybe too much heaty food /drink le...cuz i replace coffee with milo every morning le...could that be the cause?

starrymommy,whole of last week i was having stuffy/dripping nose too!Saw a GP and was assured the medications are safe for preggers however,i didn't take it either just like you,try not toke any drugs!So i ate lots of fruits and vegetables to get ore vitC..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]Hope you will get well soon!

Hi Emmie and pan shuqin,

Welcome welcome and congrats!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

suwaiwai: my this boss is a chinese then every time she is here we will have dinner with her every night. Hope this time i can run away from this.

starrymommy: I will be meeting my bb this sat. Will be doing the oscar test. Hope everything will be ok. I dun really have any symptoms as well from last week.

When i went to see the gynae that time when i fell, i can see from the scran my bb is like sucking his/her thrumb. So cute.

Suwaiwai,

I just saw your post. Think you are talking about pregnancy rhinitis. Initially I thought so.. But it was nv so serious for me so I guess it is a common cold, no fever though..

Grace,

no wonder you are hesitant to take medical leave. But if really legitimately sick then still have to take. Health still more important. Please take care okay? Really hope you start feeling better now that you are in 2nd tri (I take 12 weeks as 2nd tri). For me, I am very new in my co and recently just got confirmed. I Aldo hesitate to take medical leave but today is really no choice, felt too terrible.

Starrymommy and yewee,

I agree that the clarity of the scan depends on the gynea's machine.

Before I saw my own gynea for detailed check last week, I was see another gynea for convinience and largely due to the phobia of going back to the same gynea.

During the routine visit on last monday when i asked that gynea whether the baby looks normal and the shape looks ok, he asked me why i was so concern? I told him i heard of such risk, instead of telling him what i went thru.. and he brushed me off by telling me that that is rare..

Then when I asked him whether he could try to check the neck and nasal bone, he just told me that he would discuss with me in detailed later.. Later, he just referred me to do the oscar test.

As the picture of the scan was really small and blur, i guess he didnt want to do for me was due to the machine may not be able to capture it.

Etelle, try to rest and sleep..

Starrymommy,

Yes yes pregnancy rhinitis... hiyo I'm getting so forgetful!! Can you believe I forgot to water my orchid plant for 4 days!!! It was put separately from my other plants and I conveniently didn't see it since my HB left on his overseas trip last Thurs. I think he almost fainted when he got back yet!! haha

You better rest more ok.. try to sleep if you can.

Hey moms,

Do you think for my gynae visit today I can wear pants?? I should be into my 12 wk now. So gynae should be scanning from the tummy right?

suwaiwai: Is ok to wear pant to see the gynae.

I have been wearing pant/short when i go see my gynae. Actually i feel that wearing pants/short is more confortable.

suwaiwai: wearing pants is not an issue. i wear leggings when I visited my gynae too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

starrymommy: rest well n hope u recover soon!

Grace: my backache is on n off. sometimes stand in MRT for a few stations only, back like wanna break already.

i'm feeling so terribly tired. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Didnt sleep well last night.

Suwaiwai,

Welcome to the "preggers brain" club! Haha! That was really funny abt the orchids! My scans all done from tummy, only once during week 7 when I spotted a bit then used the vaginal scan. All tummy scans after that. Think shld wear pants or shorts too. More comfy.

suwaisuwai,

i have been having phlegm that simply won't disappear. complained to gynae but she said she's not in favor of dispersing any unnecessary medication and that it won't affect baby. is that a pregnancy symptom? sometimes i have stuffy nose too and it felt different from the common cold.

Fifi,

My MS still lingers! i thought it should disappear by now but i was at it full blown yesterday. even puked in the afternoon. totally no appetite at night. today i felt better however the bloating seems to be the only symptom to stay. it makes my belly bigger than it is.

Back