(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Groovy: my boy is abt 5.8 kg n drinks abt 120 mls every 2-3 hrs. Sometimes more sometimes less.

Syringe feeding: can also try cup feeding. Medela has a special cup feeder for babies. Quite easy to use only thing hv to sterilize by boiling. I used it for my boy wen he initially went on nursing strike. Also tried spoon feeding which he liked but very slow process.

Marrisa,

I realized that olive oil works so much better n effective than cradle cap shampoo.

Xin,

Isaac is 6.04kg at 9 weeks. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hihi I have not posted for a long time here, mainly a silent reader getting tips frm mummies here.

I need help now and just realised that some mummies here also facing the same prob. My boy used to take bottle feeding and latching well but dunno what happened he has been rejecting bottles for 2 weeks plus (can't really rem since when he started hating bottles very very badly)[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

It's really bad he keeps crying pushing away the btl and struggling, spitting and vomiting out most of the milk[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] now need like 5 hanky when feeding him cos he not drinking at all keeps spitting out!

So worried now and it's really a dilemma to latch him though I will be on leave til end April. I worry when my mum takes over there will be prob with feeding. I am also not confident nursing him in public cos very messy. My flow is too forceful

for him ESP during let down n it will be fountain spraying! If I wanna go out and put him at my mum's place feeding will be a prob too.

Is this s passing phase? Is there anything I can do?

Josie is 5.4 kg in her 14th week. (Today I weigh her)

Finally the nursing strike looks like coming to an END! Hehehe.. Managed to breastfeed her with her eyes opened since yesterday night.

Yesterday night is quite funny, I fed her my right breast when she's half asleep. Then I burp her, she's awake because of that. After that, I try to offer my left breast and she wants. And her eyes are opened!

This morning and tonight I have also been successful [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

The point is really don't force her if she doesn't want. Thanks for all mummies suggestions and encouragement.

Starting today I give her EBM in the afternoon (3 times), and she drinks 90-110 ml every 2.5 hour - 2 hour 45 minutes.

I always give 110 ml EBM but she didn't managed to finish because she's always overslept. My MIL helps me bottle feed her. Only once she overslept, then MIL said she doesn't want anymore, then hubby come over and change her diaper, wake her up, forced her to drink and finally she can finish her drink. Hehe..

But now most of the time she's not really struggling to push the bottle out. hehe. And it took 20 minutes to 30 minutes for her to finish, so still quite OK.

I'm planning to pump only one time in office during lunch break. Today I pump at 7.15 then 12 noon, and at 5 pm I starts to feel uncomfortable (heavy & painful breast). huhu.. My office hours is until 5.15 and I'll reach home around 5.45 if I rush.. Hopefully I can tahan when I'm in the office. My office got no special room to pump, so

I plan to pump in my cubicle during lunch break when everyone goes out for lunch..

Any mummies pump in their cubicle in the office?

Hopefully the nursing strike is truly ended. I want to at least go and bring her out somewhere in these few days, because my parents in law and brother in law is here..

Xin, I Dun havé spotting. I tried twice but deed always half done cos i feel like stitches wan to burst. Gynae Check n open down there with a tool i keep say pain pain n told him i feel pain when done, hé say everything is fine i just need to relax or else down there contract so pain..... But i still feel pain leh. .....

Mélissa, ur Hb wan a #4 ar? Release inside n outside got diff In feeling? If release inside v High chance #4.

Morning!!

Starting on solid

Some started at 4 mnth but as princesd d said, no need to hurry. Some of my relatives started at 2 mnth by giving banana. My mom said my brother was fed rice (not porrige!!!) By his grandma at 4mnth without her knowing bit still grows well n no stomach problem till now Lol. I think depends on the baby as well. They will tell u if they r not ready. There is an 8mnth boy in my church who still fully breast fed despite his mom's attempt to feed him solid in 6 mnth. He just reject it but no concern from pd coz he still grow healthily.

Accoeding to the world n all the researches done

6 month exclussive bf is still the best. or 6 mnth with milk only if ur baby on fm. ;)

Princess

He might be heavy but meghan is ambitious! Hahahaha.

Have to agree i love athenas legs too. So chubby on the thighs but long n elegant hor...

Groovy

I hv a colleague last time who create a theatre kind of curtain n everytime she pump she will close the curtain

U can do that if u have time n ur cubicle is suitable. Quite cool haha.

Adelyn

Sad to hear that ur boy not feeding well.

is he ok if u latch him? If ok meaning it is probably not nursing strike but something wrong with the bottle?

Maybe try diff brand, or diff teat size.. or as some mummie suggested here, spoon feeding or syringe feeding ?

Apple,

I think the pain is really psychological. Hehe. Me too though i know it has recovered still acting like i just give birth yesterday. Very careful in the toilet n in bed. Hehehe.

Melissa

Maybe we will hear good news from u soon? ;)

Ann, Think 3 is engh for Mélissa if i Rem correctly.

Yar l'or Think is psychology but i really feel v pain when something is insertef down there. Haiz... Dunno how.

good morning mommies and daddy

Ann

hahahaha...ambitious!!Im going to faint soon!!Last night kept turning herself to the side and scream for help every 1 hour!hahahha....she decided to concuss after several attempt...goodness!!Think today she will be off from her rocker and be place on the sofa!Let her turn as much as she wants...-.-

Melissa

hahahhaha......you are brave!Make it even!another boy??whahah....daring le!I chicken out..lol

really scared unless someone can guaranteed i wont put on more than 5kg like...then maybe i can consider...otw i'll sign my hb up for lifetime membership with DUREX!!wahahhaahaah

Groovy, my Ofc no nursing room and all meeting rooms r glass door lo!! Pumping at the handicap toilet. Also Thot if using ny nursing cover to pump at cubicle but all ard me are male colls! I'm aiming to pump 2 times a day during work. But if got meeting also duno hw [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I miss my boy lo!

Good morning!

It's my first day back to work.... so far so good manage to pump in the meeting room just now. It is also glass door but partially frosted. I lock the door and use the nursing cover to be safe.

BBlin, I also worried on days that I will be busy or have meetings. I plan to pump twice too. Hope can keep it up.

Princess Dia, so you have broken sleep last night? Hubby not around to help?

Leaking diaper

Any mummies experience diaper leak when bb sleep on their side? Caelan sleeps better on the side but the urine leak out and wet his pj. It happened twice last night. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] He is using Fitti night and drypers. The diaper not very wet but pee still leak out.

Marissa,

She direct latch! But I reduced my pumping from twice to only once a day at work. Then she started taking in some FM after 6 months. My boiboi is still screaming when given the bottle! We're still trying to send the message to him "GET USED TO IT!" lol.. The cradle cap shampoo brand is Dentinox. I got it from Guardian.

hey you girls describe your baby's age by weeks ah?? I blur leh. 12 weeks means how many months and weeks ah??

Caris,

I heard that too. But personally I wouldn't. Like princessD said, beware of allergy reaction. If you breastfeed baby exlusively up to 6 months, his immunity is probably strong enough to beat allergy but it really depends on both parents' side. if any of them has allergy to certain food, then baby can take after. But why the rush? I only introduce solids to my kids after 6 months. We started with plain rice first. Then slowly introduce fruit puree or mashed sweet potato (some say windy but my babies are ok with it lei).

xin2,

3 weeks ago when my boiboi turned 3 months he's 6kg. Now dunno lah maybe around 6.5kg or 7kg. He is turning 4 months old this Saturday. Time flies! He's already almost outgrowing my BabyBjorn. Maybe must use my Ergo soon.

Groovy,

your cubicles are high? If so, u just need a nursing cover then can pump already. My office is open concept. No way can pump at my seat. Me still pump in toilet but luckily our toilet is very clean. Even smell good all the time. When do you go back to work?

Apple,

chey choy lah #4. 3 is enough already! think he's just joking. but it's really dangerous of him to release inside lor! my period hasn't come yet. i dunno when it will come. i hope i'm lucky enough to not have my period for as long as i breastfeed! release inside and outside diff feeling mah. wanna say more oso i shy b'cos now we have daddies in the forum. kekeke. i oso think that you're still a bit scared after delivery and episiotomy. but no worries in due time you will get back to normal again. i trust that if the doc says all is good then it is. it is indeed sore and painful when DTD after delivery. even if it's months postpartum. but practise makes perfect.

ann,

u don't anyhow wish ok! puiii!! hahaha! touch wood! 3 is enough! dowan to go through pain and confinement again. getting old already!

princess d,

wah lao. not me liao!! my hubby very notty wan!!! sometimes he did it purposely. then i think i need to seriously consider IUD oredi. must find time to book doc appt in polyclinic. cheaper hor. but i keep forgetting! so busy at work. want to read forum oso very hard liao.

bblin,

you back at work? don't say lah. me back at work for 1 month already still miss my boy like siao!!

diveera,

haha i've had meetings that overrun than no choice must use lunch time to pump. i can only pump twice. not more else will really affect my work performance. about your leaking diaper, i really wonder how's that possible. esp to a boy where usually the front will be wettest. i've used Fitti basic too but so far so good. what size is he wearing? maybe still a bit too big for him? now my boy using Huggies size M. no leaking so far.

i need help!!

sucking fist

============

sorry no chance to read thru the forum, can anyone share with me if your bb sucking fist or putting hands into the mouth? How to avoid that? or just let him do it? Those mummy giving pacifier all along do you face this problem?

Rubbing eyes and face

=====================

bb also rubbing his eyes and face all the time dunno is it itchy or what. Anyone faceing the same problem?

Melissa: Was thinking that if I go back to work, and EBM is not enough, then maybe can supplement with solids. looks like I better wait and supplemnt with FM instead... :p

empress: my boy still cannot control his arm movement to consistently suck on his fist. Once in a while he will suck on it when the drumstick stumble into his mouth. I found it kindaf cute, so did not stop him from doing so. As for the rubbing of eyes, I take it as a cue that he is sleepy wor...

empress7,

yeah my boy does suck his fist. this one can't help it lah. it's reflex. but you can discourage it by pulling it away when it happened. but some babies might scream and shout out of disapproval while some will comply. but it will go away soon on its own.

caris,

think you supplement with FM better than introduce solids. but if your ebm not enough, can always ask in this forum. there will tips to increase ebm and such. don't give up yet. try first lor. my ebm has been enough for me so far and i don't take supplements simply b'cos i'm so scared about swallowing pills! haha...

Empress: my boy forever has his fists n fingers in his mouth. Doesn't even wan teether or pacifier. I jus let him do it n keep his hands clean. Can't wean off now wil hv to wait til he's older then try vinegar or lemon juice on his fingers.

Empress, my boy suck his fists too even giving him paci leh! He likes his drumstick more than his paci lo!

Diveera, me too!'planning to pump twice during Ofc hrs!

My boy used to pee leak using huggies. After changed to mamy poko ok le. Juz that has got urine smell when full.

Mel, u so fast back worth for a mth le! Me Juz back today. Still cannot get into work mode. Keep calling to check hw is my boy...

Working mummies whom pump:

How long each time u all pump? How much yielded?

BBlin,

Yeah I still have 15 days of flexi-maternity leave which I plan to take every Friday till I used up all. I remember coming back and forgetting some names and passwords haha.

I pumped for 20-30 minutes. Morning pump 9oz, afternoon pump 6oz. Pumped twice can provide 3.5 feeds. My boi drinks about 4oz each feed. You leh?

1st day back at work- finally find time to post after catching up on e emails

pumping schedule

planned to pump twice a day- but find it too much of a hassle- only pumped once during lunch

so from lunch time til time I get home- 6hrs apart- didn't prepare my body for it- hope I'll be fine

Mel, glup* 9/6oz is like how many ml? Seems alot!! You got alot milk lor!

Me pumped like 110ml the same for morning and noon pumps!! My boy taking 140ml now! So only can feed him 1.4 feeds only lor!!!

I've still 4wks ML to be taken! Tentatively taking every Mon off!

WOOF, me also first day at work today... seems quite a few mummies today start work!

Quite a few mummies started work today.

BBlin, I have 2 Ameda so brought the old one that was repaired to office. I pump about 10 to 15 minutes. For today, I manage to get 200ml from both breast for both pump sessions. Hope it stays this way. I kept drinking water and hot beverage before pump. what is your feed interval?

Melissa, Caelan drinks 140ml/4.5oz every 3 hrs. so 2 sessions only enough for 2.5 feed. Not sure if I can achieve tbf till he is 6 mths.

Any mummies with boy, slept thru the night? if yes, how much he drinks and what is the interval? I hope he can either lengthen his interval for nite cos very tiring to wake up every 3 hrs.

thx all for sharing!

becoz he keeps sucking his fist so i thot he's hungry, i feed him milk and he fall asleep in my arms the next minutues, when i put him down he screams and started sucking fist again.. His fingernail black black le.. coz he keeps rubbing his eyes, scratching his head etc.. so i don't wan him to suck his fist.. I try with paci for the first time this afternoon, he spit out more then 10 times until he realise that it's for sucking.. and immediately fall asleep within 5 minutes.. after which he spit it out and continue to sleep for 1.5 hours! wahaha!! I'm so against paci but i give in today! hate myself! LOL!!

diveera,

my boy drinks at 11pm, follows by either 3 or 4 or 5 am, depending on his mood. each feed is between 90 to 120ml. Fully FM.

Thanks Empress for sharing. I'm also against paci initially for #1 but have to give in and manage to wean her off before she is 2. So #2, I give in during the 1st week.

diveera,

np [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

btw make sure not camera in the office. hehe

Diveera, I drink alot water de but no use leh. Only 110ml. My boy taking 140ml every 2 hrly! Damn exhausted me why latch him.I scare I not enuff to substain his needs lo. Hope can still achieve 90% bm feeding for him till at least 6mths! I giving him fm during his last feed b4 bedtime.

I'll be back in 18 Jan.. Huhu.. 2 more weeks.

Today Josie can drink bottle quite well and quite fast too. Sometimes only 10-15 minutes!

She's still drinking 2.5-3 hourly, 100-110 ml, and sleep through the night from 11 or 12 to 6 or 7 am.. In total since yesterday, she usually drinks 7 times, 4 times breastfeeding, 3 times EBM.

I can pump and save my EBM in my last pump at 12 or 1 AM usually..

I dunno whether she's drinking enough, but really she can't be forced to drink. Huhu..

I plan to latch her 4 times a day, which is in the morning before I go to office, and straight away after I reach home at around 6. I hope I can maintain this kind of schedule. Very hopeful she won't have nursing strike. huhuhu..

Currently my pumping session yield quite OK, 150 ml in the morning after I latch her 1 breast, and another 150 ml at 12 noon, then at 5 pm I can pump another 150 ml after she latch 1 breast. But that's because I took some nap, not really an office simulation which might have some stressed huhuhu. Not too sure whether she drinks enough when she latch because she used to take only 1 breast. Huhu. I need to see whether she will gain enough weight with this kind of schedule.

Ya lor, she's starting to suck her fist. Looks like all babies are like that. I usually hold her hand when she's sucking her fist. And sometimes when she suck her fist it shows that she's hungry already.

Mummies, if your baby doesn't show hunger sign anymore because she's fast asleep already after she finish her bottle, will you try to top up her intake? I'm not too sure whether she can take 120 ml and don't know whether I can try out tomorrow or not.. hm..

Time to rant again. I'm sooo hungry! There r 4 adults in the house but I hv to feed bb, give him a wipe down, entertain him, put him to sleep and express milk all before I can bathe n hv dinner! Now expressing milk (which timing is overdue by an hr already) n smelling the food that my in laws r eating. No one even offer to help so I can bathe, not even hubby! Excuse is that he dunno how to put bb to slp! So sian might as well live on my own rite? No difference.

Stella, I can sense your anger. How cum your hubby dun help u? Why dun voice out to him you need some help. At least help to pat him slp or look after while letting u bathe & eat.

Hi Diveera

My boy is coming to 12 weeks old.

He takes 120ml every 3 hourly.

Last feed is 12 midnite and next feed is between 5am to 7am depending on what time he wakes up or when i wake up! haha

bblin,

9+6oz is around 260ml+180ml. last latch at 7am. pumped at 11.00am so that's like 4 hours interval feel engorged already. maybe my boiboi really drinks that much during direct latching on weekends/holidays. your supply should follow baby's demand mah.

diveera,

sometimes if my supply don't meet demand, i will latch and pump when i come back. so that will make up for the next day's supply. there are good days and bad days. bad days are when i have so much urgent work to do and lunch time approaching and hence i am so stressed!! so for sure will affect my supply. my boy sleeps through and used to wake up only once for milk then went back to sleep BUT ever since i get back to work, he has been waking up for 3 times at night! very tiring but before i knew it, it's been a month and now i'm used to it already.

empress,

soemtimes i wanna give him paci too but he doesn't seem to know how to suck it! always give funny face. he has been rejecting the bottle anyway so i give up trying. wanna suck fist suck lah!!! hahahaa. just a phase mah.

groovy,

my boy is also a one-breast feeder. i can pump double the amount in the mornign at work from the more productive boob which is my left boob. strange when i had my girls, my right boob is the more productive one! agree that having enough sleep can help you increase supply as the body is well-rested.

stella,

sometimes when i'm stuck in your kind of situation i just heck care and give baby to him, he would know what to do. kinda "train" him to be responsible as well. don't expect me to do everything. what if i'm sick or not around. he must also learn and you must also learn how to trust others and be firm. so far it's working for me. me lagi worse, must settle all 3 kids before i can bathe and have breakfast, which is usually lunch already.. kekeke.

oei girls how do you translate weeks to months? i blur leh. 12 weeks means how many months and weeks? you're no longer pregnant leh.. kekekeke..

Melissa, he is wearing M size diaper. Maybe I didn't tighten enough at the waist. Wah wake up 3x, is he hungry and need to be fed?

hi mommies!

if anyone is keen to bring their babies to hwa xia at vivo, plazasing, yishun or parkway parade for swimming and would like to take over my balance package, pls PM me. Good to train their muscles!

Thanks!

Marrisa,

which fisher price cot mobile did u use? Is it useful?

As for handwash baby clothes, I got my domestic helper to handwash them everyday as clothes washed from washing machine results in many fur.

My boy just had his 6in1 jab yesterday. He was injected at both legs. Poor thing. Tears gushed out rapidly when he got his first injection & when he got his 2nd injection, he gradually quieten down & goes to sleep. The doc didn't manage to access his eyes as he refuse to wake up despite the doc calling his name many times. He can be quite naughty, after we left the clinic, he woke up. He just turned 3 Mths old & weighing 8kg, height is 61cm. Doc said he's at the 90th percentile & is overweight. Told me to stretch his feeding time & give him water instead. But, he cries really pathetically for his milk every 3 hrs. But if he's sleeping, he can drinks after 4-5 hrs depending on his mood. He's drinking 180ml now but still not enough as he sucks till not a single drop of milk is left & when I pull out the bottle slowly from his mouth & tell him that his milk is finishing, he cries. But, doc said cannot add anymore for him & says he is drinking alot & I have to stretch his feeding time. Told him I follow the guide on the milk tin, he told me is not accurate, shldnt follow as that is used as a guide. Since the guide states that for 2-3, 3-4 mths, the recommended feeding is 180ml, I just follow it since my boy can finish it.

My mil told me to let my boy drink, says I can't possibly change his feeding hrs as he has already got used to it. Says he will become more slender as he grows up. Now just let him drink. My boy is all healthy only for his weight, that what the doc says. The doc says his ideal weight shld be 6.8 kg but i told him his birth weight is 4 kg

After his jabs, he seems to be restless & keep making noises while he is sleeping & only want to hug his beanie pillow & hug it so tightly. He only wants us to hug him for a while & later fuss for his pillow.

After his injection, was told by mil that can feed him ginseng water before taking his injection? She also said to straight away feed him the fever medication regardless of having fever or not.

It's been a while I posted here!!

Claudia, my bb drink le always oso like not full n want more but I nv gv extra unless he miss his 3 hourly feed then I may gv more. Sometimes after finish drinking he will cry for more when I pull his bottle out. I will pop pacifier in or let him suck the milk bottle until he realize there is really nothing left. So far most of the time after a few mins of sucking, he will b ok.

Bblin & Melissa: I already told hb I need to express then bathe before I can eat. He said bb difficult to pat to slp onlyI can do it! Plus he said he's not feeling well. Then he went to hv dinner n play his iPhone games! So infuriating. When I'm not feeling well can I sAy I dun wana take care of bb anot? Already lack of slp now lack of food oso [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Morning all

Claudia,

My friend's son also diagnosed as overweight n he is on fm as well. What the dr said is to dilute the milk. So use less milk n more water. Dunno whether this is an apropriate solution for u or not. Maybe u can call ur pd and see what he said if u want to try this.

but ur boy is born big so only increase 4 kg in 3 mnth. My boy also increase about 4 kg+ in 3 mnth. But he is fully breast fed.

Good morning mommies and Daddy[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Diveera

Yea,last few nights i ve got broken sleep...Meghan kept turning to her side n is unable to turn back..but she will wail and wail till i help her n went back to sleep....grrrr

Last night was better n back to normal...lol

HB had a long 2.5weeks leave in Dec and went back to work!!During his leave,he handled the night feeds while i sleep[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]lol

NOw suffer la even to wait for that 2230hrs feed is tiring..wahaaaaaaaa....

Claudia...

which pd did u visit?

His birth weight is 4kg...so the pd reccommended to feed the growing bb water which has no nutrients?If he is on bf was is the worries?

I would agreed with your MIL..once he starts crawling...you'll see a drastic weight change.

Sorry to disturb yr thread.

I've several packs of frozen Ebm to give away.

Self collect at my place at Tampines.

If anyone is keen, pls pm or email me at [email protected]

(I do not take beef or mutton and I watch my diet very carefully) I'm from November mtb 2010.

Diveera,

Think he's into reverse cycling or maybe growth spurt?? Or maybe he just misses me. Don't mind lah. I'm tired but I keep telling myself he won't be like this forever. I missed him just as much. It's a perfect bonding time. How about you put on the training pants after you put on his diaper. See if that works?

Stella

Oh your poor thing. But sometimes under certain circumstances we need to bend the rules a bit or grab any opportunities that comes by. When I'm too busy bathing one kid after another and got hungry i just grab anything i could eat so that I won't starve and I learned to manage the kids faster. I acknowledge that being a mother means you have to sacrifice a lot. Having that in mind, I didn't actually hope for help from anyone else. If I could do it, then I'd manage them all myself. I broke free from my routine before I become a mother. Sometimes it can be quite true that the way your hubby put bb to sleep is different from you b'cos baby as they grow develop preference. So just endure and do whatever you can lor.

Claudia,

One moment I wanna suggest you listen to your doctor another moment I realized that you have some points there kekeke. But it's true that you shouldn't overfeed an FM baby. FM has so much fat but it's not the same type of fat that BM has so maybe try to go along with doctor's suggestion. OR. Get a second opinion. I know that we all love big fat babies and you just happen to have a big baby with big appetite but he's more concerned about health. Also, based on theory, overfed FM babies can become obese when they grow older. The guide on milk tin is a one-size-fits-all and not suitable for all babies. Think you should aim to strike a balance and go with your instinct as a mother. BTW I didn't give baby any fever meds if he didn't have fever. Ginseng water? Hehe no need lah. What if he develops allergy to Ginseng?

Princess D,

hahaha Meghan so funny! can flip but cannot flip back!! LOL. cute lor!

My baby just learned to laughed out loud yesterday! He LOL when my #1 was singing and dancing to him. So happy to see his progress.

Back