(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

etelle,

last time c-sect not so common so breech births also done naturally. some babies came out feet first, some butt first, depending on how they are engaged in the pelvic area. i came out feet first! nowadays gyanes will play safe. once breech, c-sect. no need to discuss further. this is the case for mine lah.

re: baby movement

yesterday was just saying that the bambina is getting bigger and more quiet. today she purposely kicking me damn hard! luckily not aiming my v-area but just the lower abdomen. not painful and i quite like that feeling!

gsm, apple,

i don't see my tummy moving the way you described. probably the heartbeat! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

apple,

buy more disposable undies. first couple of weeks will have heavy bleeding and may stain. very troublesome to wash out those stains so might as well use and throw. i'm preparing at least 30 pcs. even if cannot finish using next time go on holiday or road trips also can use. not wasted at all.

Tigger,

I also only have the TMC letter. I don't have gynea's letter. If TMC lost it, then hb will do the admission on the spot while the nurse will bring us to the delivery ward level 2 to help us prepare 1st.

Tiffy,

Think bo bian, the most let hubby do teh admission if really lost in the mail.

When is your EDD?

tigger,

yeah, i am planning to start my ML in 4 weeks' time, but maybe will drag till 4 Oct then start. 'cos my boss still haven't found my replacement for US and Canada region. he is going US to conduct interviews next week. fingers crossed that he finds the perfect one there. otherwise i gotta work till i pop! anyway i already told the HR my intention. hope things speed up.. when you starting yours??

seabreeze,

i also bought 2 nursing bras from MIM. only $15 each and very soft and comfy. but too big for me now though. will pack them into the hospital bag after washing. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tigger,

My EDD still remain as 5 Oct according to the scan. Think nearer the time my gynea will observe my EDD carefully bah cos she know I have prob settling my girl if in wee hour i go into labour but she have put on my check up record "KIV induce at ard 38+ weeks"

Tiffy, i guess those who overpack shld be thé 1st Time mummies keke.

Jac, hmmm, Think i shld get more then.

Today My Palm feel abit numb. Hope urs better than yesterday.

re: admission letter

i got mine before i hit 2nd trimester leh! from MAH. not the gynae's letter lah. so strange that i got it so early. anyway it's still sitting on my table, haven't mail it out. gotta do so within these 2 weeks. inside are information on what to bring, the form to filled up, maternity package brochure etc...

tiffy,

you can always call up TMC to confirm that they have received. try to avoid last minute admission as all these paperwork thing can be quite a hassle especially when you are already there and still gotta wait for processing.

cherry,

yeah, i wanna bring along laptop. TO UPLOAD PICS! hahaa!!

Tiffy, if 38 weeks induce most likely u Will be around thé same Time as me? Y ur doc indice at 38 n not 37 or 39 weeks huh?

disposable panties,

i bought 8 packet (1 month supply) from watson the cotton type @$3.95 per packet. like very kiasu hor.. actually i lasy to wash for the confinement month, n i feel uneasy to allow 3rd party to do my lingerie.. so just buy one month supply.hahaha..

e nursing bra looks nice ley.. i like the lacey one.. hows e material??

apple,

my fingers feel fine today. but the ring finger still a wee bit sng sng. if palm numb should be tolerable? can't say the same for the pain, which is really, really irritating! hope yours get better! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

apple,

don't overpack cos last time i overpack n lots of things in the end never use. The most tell hb to bring next day lor.

mummies,

pls spare a thought for ur hb. cos during labour, they are also v kanchiong n imagine they still have to carry those BIG BIG BAG for us. Try to lighten their load too. kekeke

jac,

think will only call by end of this week cos i mailed it back last friday.

Hi Mummies,

I have the following items for sale OR exchange.

1. BNIB Little Giant Milk Bags. Made in Korea. Good Quality. 1 packet for $10, 2packets for $6 each

2. BNIB Carters Rompers for baby boy. 6-9mths. 5pcs in a pack. $22

3. Thomson Medical Black/ Blue Sling/ Shoulder Diaper Bag $6

4. Maxi-Cosi Cabrio Fix Car Seat – Under Warranty! $198

5. Sterilising Tablets about 30pills - $4

6. Arm’s Reach Co-Sleeper - $100

10% discount or free Diaper bag if you buy more than 2 items!! Can throw in Preloved baby boy clothes for free!! Free glass bottles!! Free sterilizing tablets!

Can Exchange for brand New MammyPoko/Fitti/Pampers L Size Diapers

Collection near Parkway Parade, Raffles Place or Bt Batok! Or via Postage

Please PM me if keen. Thanks!

apple,

my gal was induce at 39 weeks so that's why i think she put down "38+ weeks" lor. not sure but she mention provided everything is ok then can induce lah. hmm, not sure why she never said 37 weeks, maybe also have to wait till lung is fully form cos if i'm not wrong lung is the last organ to fully form lor.

but i hope my labour is ard last time, 6hrs total which my gynea had predicted for me last time too.kekeke

jac,

yup i used for travelling, a little oversize n high waist cutting. but CHEAP n more comfy as it is cotton material as compare to those polyester material.. not bad lar. heehee

eh..mummies..the admission letter can be faxed over one ma.. once received, the hospital will ring u up to acknowledge receipt.

cherry,

haha! thanks for the reminder! i'm gonna prepare a proper list. wah, can imagine how heavy the bag's gonna be with just the electronic gadgets.

tiffy,

hubby not gonna go back home. he will be staying in the hospital with me throughout. that's his plan lah. 'cos if i am not wrong, if we book single bedded ward, there will be additional bed for the hubby for the entire "staycation" right?

The disposable panties I bought from Guardian. Also cotton and got size one leh. Same price as Watsons. So u gals can go take a look. I tried and felt it was quite comfy. I took L and the size was ok for me as I want it a bit looser.

jac,

since ur hubby is not going home.. u need to bring e original marriage cert n a bank book along. marriage cert is for registration of bb birth cert while bank book is for bb bonus!!!

morning mummies & ian,

so bored last nite, when to DIY & UL my belly's pics in FB aft seeing all the gorgeous bloom pics u gers had taken!

i feel so weird to expose myself to my friends!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hosp bag:

hv not recd ltr fr gynae yet. i think i'm smwat packed, i hope.

why u gers got so many things to bring?

i only hv 3 normal bag:

- my hubby's haversack for all the documents & $$$.

- 1 medium bag for our clothes

- 1 empty small bag on standby for any misc items.

Tiffy, Melissa

Me too...I also wanna laugh out loud leh. wahahhaha.

ladies, no offence. What did u all actually pack in your hospital bag?!

All my things already into the hand carry luggage bag still have plenty room leh.

irish,

actually i never pack much, 2 packets sofy, 10 disposable undies, a few milo and instant oats. one set hub clothes, 1 set my clothes, pj i wear hospital's, 1 set baby clothes and her blanket, cordblood kit, marr cert. what else ah?

cherry,

the baby bonus not get chq de meh?

i tot of opening the one with ocbc.

any mummies noe which bank is the best?

oh yah, for 2nd/3rd time mummy, when can we do passport for bb huh?

& since bb grow v fast, we need to change his PP every now & then?

talk abt the TMC pre-admission form , you can actually pass to the counter lady instead of mailing back to them while on the next visit to your gynae. That's what I did, cos i scare lost in mailling then came the BIG day my hubby in a mess! haha..

jac gsm,

Mt A, you can proceed to register for ur baby bonus account at Mt A counter.

while MCYS is over the Bank counter (eg.OCBC Bank).. government will match dollar with dollar.

yes, they need just one original bank book for verification, so that the government paid baby bonus $ can be deposited every quaterly into the bank acc.

momo,

i am not sure about cheque for bb bouns, but mine is through giro.

gals, dont get mixed up with bb bouns n MCYS!!! it is two separate thingy. perhads, u may google for more info.

Ian,

SAHM no fax machine at hm lor so have to mail it back.kekeke

Irish,

see.... we v bad hor but hope 1st time mummies don't feel offended.

u also hand luggage????hahaha me only normal haversack leh.wahahahaha and i still have space for milo n biscuits.

jac,

orh u booked 1 bedded rm, no wonder u have to pack so many things lah cos hb staying with u throughout.

momotan,

baby bonus u can choose to open in OCBC or standard chartered. hmm, for our case, last time we received cheq for bb bonus. We open OCBC bank a/c for my gal last time.

passport for bb can do when they r born, even when they r 1 day old. cos my fren do it as aft discharge they go back to m'sia to do confinement. And since now is biometric PP, don't have to change unless when their face totally n immgration tell us to update the photo then update lor if not still remain unchange till 5 yr.

cherry,

ooohhhh. ok i get it. =)

i also understand registering birth cert within 2 weeks can do at hospital, afterwhich must go to immigration.

Thku Cherry & Tiffy for your replies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Baby bonus:

when to google, its v chim to me! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] paiseh, pls bear with me...

lets say want to open ocbc acct, but the acct can only be open aft bb's birth is registered ri?

like tt how to do the CDA thing at the hosp?

of this is 2 sep things, like Cherry advised?

CDA is CDA, baby bonus is you use any account u want for the govt cash gift?

https://www.babybonus.gov.sg/bbss/html/index.html

Morning ladies...

haha... today's topic is hospital bag ah? I haven packed mine but most likely will pack light too coz hubby most likely will go back (even though i taking a single bed) coz need to settle #1.

erh... why bring milo, biscuits etc har? Can always ask from the nurse mah.

Pre-admission letter just mail back anytime before you admit can liao... more for admin purpose. Even without this, also nevermind, worse case hubby go and settle paper work nia.

The doctor's letter is more impt, which your gynae will give you when u are almost due. That letter will state any health issues such as high blood and some instructions for the nurse to prep you when u admit and doc is still on the way.

Hope this clears up.

hey, don't laugh at us 1st-timers lah.. if can pack my WHOLE HOUSE there, i would lor. whahaha~!! :p

i will bring:

2-3 sets of baby clothes ('cos not sure which one will fit! KS hor!?)

3 sets pyjamas (enough??)

2-3 pcs nursing bras

manual breast pump (need?)

my makeup pouch (die die must bring!!)

swaddler

her mittens/socks/beanie

hubby's stuff

i tell you, my hubby SURE overpack. he is not your typical minimalist man. everytime we go vacation, his stuff will be more than mine! underwear also pack machiam like go out in the wilderness for a month like that.

Tiffy, Cherry

My hand luggage is just a huge shoulder/hand tote bag [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Still have enough room to put in all the FOC gift from the hospital.

Apple

Yay...those who overpack usually are thé 1st Time mummies keke. ladies, don't overpack cos last time i also overpack n lots of things in the end never use!!

Gsm

What cherry has mentioned...plus admission letter, both u and Hb's IC, Marriage cert and bank book. Erm...milo hosipital will provide mah..

My god..

can you imagine, just few weeks/mths ago, we are still introducing ourselves in this thread, curious abt the gender of the baby and now we are packing our hospital bags? gosh...

Very soon will be posting of our birthstory... then babies' photos... then breastfeeding story... haha...

Come to think of it, we have known each other for more than 6 mths!!!

Irish,

Must bring marriage cert meh? I cant remember if i brought that last time.

gsm,

thinking of asking him to just buy mens' disposable cotton undies. saw them in watsons too. looks thick and comfy. i don't want later all his used undies just stuff into my hand-carry luggage and so excited about the little princess that he forget to take out and wash lor!! there was once this happened, but it was just a couple of t-shirts. we came back from somewhere and forgot to unpack some stuff. left the shirts there for a week. can you imagine if they were USED undies? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/biggrin.gif]

irish,

i heard from a mummy that she requested for milo but the nurse don't want to give! can't remember which hospital though..

Hi Mummies & Ian,

I was warded in KK for contractions on Sunday. Was having severe contractions, 1 every 5 mins. Heng they managed to stop it. Will be discharged today as the contractions are now mild and irregular again....

Take care everyone. I will come on again when I can.

irish,

i don't have bank book accounts, all statement and current accounts. is it i must go OCBC open a new bank book savings account specially for depositing baby bonus?

Apple,

Given your situation where the hospital is far away from home..can can afford to pack alil more than usual,however,it is really alot that you have packed!

When i had Jade,Hb only put in 2 Pj's and 1 set of baby clothes (mittens,botties,cap,bodysuit and 1 swaddle blanket)

and 1 pack of sanitary napkins

and small toiletries bag!The clothes that i wore that morning to the hospital was also the set of clothes that i wore upon checking out!

I had 4nights stay in hospital too![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]My Hb clothes was just another pair of Berms and 2 t-shirts!

Honestlly,the first 2 days is purely bedrest...

You don't need to over pack for bb as baby will be in their birthday suit adn maybe jsut a top with a swaddling blanket while in hospital.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Maybe you might wanna pack few clothes and put it in the car for emergency..bring a cabin bag that fits all 3 of you should do...

Tiffy got a point there..Your hb might have loads of documentations to do and packing to do upon checking out!He will be packing for the 3 of you!...

Just a suggestion....no offence!

Ladies,

When i was a first time mother to be,i didn't pack as much as u guys!

Really!!Travel to your hospital light!!hahahha.important gadgets is not your sanitary napkins hor!!Is what CHERRY mentioned!

Camera,batteries,lappy and charger!

Some groceries like food and drinks,hospital can provide or rather included!

I only have 1 bag for the 3 of us...this time as well..

Las time,upon checking out,i have to get my BIL to drive another car just to carry those hampers,gifts and flowers home!!!!Imagine,Hb had so much unpacking to do when back home!Headache,we hae a helper and CL,what if those that don't??

Starry

the admission letter is not the one form MAH!THat one i don't reply or fax t them cos my gynae told me no point cos he will liase directly with the hospital!

The letter he gave me is the one that we should carry around now as it is near to our EDD[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

heee and admit me to single bed should i turn up at the deliveryy ward and stating wat kind of labor im chosing and blahh blah....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

First time MTB

PLease dont get offended with my remarks...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

vivian,

time flies hor!? sometimes when i feel a bit bo liao i will look back on the past threads and re-read some of them. really quite interesting! hopefully one day can meet up with more mummies here like you, melissa, tiffy, gsm etc. and even ian and his wife!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back