(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Hi mummies,

I have a L size pupsik pouch for sale. Bought on 03Oct10, used 3 times only, washed once before using, instruction manual and bag still intact.

Retail selling at $45.90 (I have receipt)

Now selling off mine at $35

Reason for selling: my daughter doesn't like being carried in pouch

Collection: Sengkang (Near Buangkok MRT)

Attached link is the colour of the pouch

http://www.pupsikstudio.com/baby-pouch-strawberry-caramel.html

Please SMS 93388073 Valerie to deal

Hi mummies, I have 3 unopened tins of Similac Stage 1 (expiring in April 2012). Selling at $36 each as I have overstocked it. Would anyone be interested? Please PM me.

Thanks.

Shinchan,

I got the baby carrier active, cos I tried the original on my girl Beverly and she is ok in it, so I got tis model with the lumbar support bt similar material to the original. I got it at $125, n I think normal retail price is $249..n I also find the stroller toys expensive..hence didn't realize put a lot of toys in the stroller..

Jacqueline,

I cannot go down to the expo Liao lo... Cos parenthood fair held on 3 days,I went on 2 of the 3 days..if I went today, my hubby sure scream.. Any other way I can change the organic sock at ur retail shops?I bought the carrier active at the mother care booth selling solely baby bjorn products..bought it on the second day of the fair cos went kiddy palace to try out the infantino one after speaking to u.my girl was comfortable with the position,bt after a while a bit warm,n wat I din like was wat u told me lor, the fact that it has to go over our head n shoulder to put it on..

HI moms...

Can I check, when do we start freezing the ebm?Is it after 2days? Then I saw so many pp buying freezer? Can't we use that in our fridge? Oso just to double check, how long can we keep chilled ebm from the fridge? After warming and in the fridge?

Went to see the Santa hats at Daiso as reco by Leo_baby, alot of variety and cheap cheap...

Shin Chan: Babe, that time I pm u after I transferred, u received my $$ rt? Paisei if we have settled tis, I think my memory is failing me.

Jrgal

If u gg to Xmas gathering I can bring over n exchane for u. Cos it freebie so tink can't chain at retail stores ba. Join us la.

tinkerstars,

NTUC Finest carries a special Enfalac formula, especially for BABIES WHO REGURGITATES. Maybe you can try it out? I saw it at the parkway branch, guess the bigger NTUC finest should carry them too.

Pinkyluv,

I think of wearing a red dress too, Ang Kong Kong. But dunno if I can still fit into it and not look like a barrel, gotto try. If not will be in full white.

Oh whao thanks so much for sharing Windy, will try to get the formula for lucas the king of regurgitation and try out asap, although pd said lucas will outgrow it... Yvonne understands how that statement by the pd winds me up! Hahaha!!!

Ebelle

if going to freeze ebm, i think freeze immediately after expressing is better than after 2 days bah

cos imagine wanting to thaw it, we will take it down again..so in actual fact exceed the 2 days quota

=

how do the rest of u ladies go abt it ?

Ladies,

I am coming back in action liao. Last day at work on 30th.. after which i will be free to join any outings. Jio me yah..

Pinkluv,Haiza and Brownrice

The proper term for my wrist condition is De Quervains tendinitis. Yup, swollen tendons from improper carrying of baby. Recovered liao after refraining from carrying baby. Now on and off will come back.. Sianz..

Christmas party attire

I will be wearing dark red top with white bottom. All white makes me think of PAP uniform.

Paging for phantus

How are you going leobaby's place?? Want to share cab there?

Finally succeeded in expressing some milk with Freestyle!

And I only decide to start because I need to go fix my wiry hair this Thurs. Either bring bb along wuth my mum, or i'll just hv to express milk! It'll be a 3hr -only- Rebonding session if I'm lucky. If suay, it could be up to 5hr!

Anyway, this is my first real use of the Medela Freestyle. What can I say? It's definitely better than the Ameda! Amazing!

Pomme,

The other time I posted a qn to Freestyle user on how come my pump suction is so low? I just realized what happened! The connection to the pump unit was not done properly! What a boo boo!

So 2 more days and you resume ML?

Pomme

great to see u back in gatherings' action :p

let's have one after this friday xmas party , will post after this friday is over.

Optimus Prime

wow, u just bought it ?

my hair also v horrible, dying to rebond if not for the approaching hair loss..so will wait till CNY bah

Morning ladies

take more pic on the xmas party this fri~~

Elder boy still having diarrhea, suspect is rotavirus.. he did not took any rotavirus jab/med last time.. tis time didnt give jayden too wonder if i shd do it..

Hallo mummies! Haven posted here for quite some time. My #1 kanna HFMD so originally she was at home with me and bb at my mum's place (scared she spread to my nieces and bb). Then 2 days later, my younger niece kanna also. So we exchange. I put #1 + my maid with my mum and took back bb. So now my mum's place is a quarantine centre. Lucky (touch wood first) bb is fine so far and we think she should be fine coz it has been more than 3 days since she was with my nieces/#1. My #1 will recover this tues according to the 1 week rule but my niece will only be on thurs. So we are still thinking whether to bring #1 home or just leave her with my mum until thurs. Sigh haven seen her for so many days.

Dumb dumb me, ordered milk bags and got it sent to my mum's place ... now got no more milk bags. Freezing using my avent bottles which is so bulky!!

Pomme congrats for restarting ur ML again! Hee hee

Jessica, I still dunno how much to pay u for the DVD wor... how much ah? Will pay u on Friday

Dresscode for party, errrrrrrm i dun have red bottoms but got white polo T. Hmm will go and dig abit or go buy later. See how :p

Me home alone these 2 days coz hubby is in reservist and cannot book out! First time man, despite me being a 2nd time mummy hahaha

OP, haha yah the pump very sensitive .. sometimes if never put properly the suction also affected. And yes I agree it is much better tham ameda.

Sigh but nowadays I take like 45 mins to clear my left side. The supply there is lousy but super lumpy. Even after pumping for half hr, still got lump, must stop massage and then wait for let down and push the lump before it clears. So dumb.

Dropping hair, think its starting for me. Time to go cut it short!

Huslibb, from what i understanhd, the milk powder mentioned will produce thicker milk (according to my PD when I asked abt it 2 yrs back so if memory serves me right ...) so that it will stay in the stomach. THink it might produce slightly harder stools? Maybe u check with ur PD?

Pinky: If freeze straight away,how to ebm? I express. I usually express then try to use all within 1 or 2 days so never froze anything but now may have some excess soo donno how to handle them.

Tigerlily, how u do it??

Then I found some white residue on bb tongue. Can't remove. Is it the oral thrust/ thust or whatever u gals mentioned earlier? HOw to remove? Must see PD? Cos bb's appetite been q poor. Actually I am not sure,maybe I burnt her tongue with the constant warm or hot milk that I have been feeding her???

OP/ PInky: So we bf still can rebond?

Ebelle: yes bf-ing can rebond.. i did mine during bb 1mo already ;) BFing onyl canot use deodorant.. bcos our underarms got milk ducts beneath.. deodorant will go into our skin if i don rem wrong

Pinkyluv,

I join you for ang kong kong. Machiam like national day celebration.

Ebelle

I couldn't find any bb's christmas hats. You going Daiso again? Can help me buy one for Gideon?

OP,

Finally able to leave the clutches of office to continue my ML. Hope to catch you all for more outings before you ladies go back to work. So when are you returning to office ah?

Glad you finally got to use ur freestyle. agree it is really good.

Hair loss

What is this you ladies are talking about? You mean got timing one arh?? Confirm will drop hair for everyone?

Hey Jacelyn,

Oh.ur poor girl.. Seems like HFMD is on the rage. Got to protect ur #2.

Hushlibb,

I totally understand. Alexis was throwing up 3 out of 5 feeds during her first 2 weeks (the projectile kind) and we consulted 3pds, all said she will grow out of it. Thank God she did after 3rd week or so. When hubby saw the Enfalac formula for regurgitating babies, he was so angry that he didnt see it earlier!

Pinkyluv,

OK! I'll try to come in red as long as I can fit in, yet to try the dress, it's at my mom's place! It's so red that I thought I will never wear it again so I left it there. haha!

Hair Loss

My hairdresser didnt thin my hair much when I last cut my hair cos he said it will drop after I give birth. In the end my hair didnt drop and it's super thick and hot! Buay Tahan!! So I guess not everyone will drop?

Morning ladies! Up early today cos' accompanying hubby for medical appt. Sigh..need to practice aniwae since i'm starting work nex week.

Ebelle: I store my milk in the fridge first immediately after pumping using medela bottles. Will transfer the excess into milkbags and freeze only when they are nearing 48 hrs. But only if your fridge is not opened frequently...previously when my nieces were staying over and kept opening the fridge, my milk smell funny after 1 day. So far seems ok but i haven"t tap on my frozen reserves yet.

Jacelyn,

Sorry not enough exp with the Freestyle to comment abt the breast clearance. But I just pump 15min and close shop. However, breasts not fully cleared either. Don't care, since I never feel engorged anyway (except during 1st few days after birth). 45min is a long time. I used to do that in the office last time with the Ameda cos nothing comes out! Stress man! Good grief! Thank goodness I bought the Freestyle this round. Just hope I can sustain w/o FM for a little longer. If I can save on abt 10 big cans of FM, I'd hv gotten back the $540 or so for the pump. :p

Pomme,

Gonna return to work on 10 Jan. Dunno if I shld be happy or sad man!

Pinkyluv,

I delay my Rebonding v long liao. The last I rebonded was Nov 09. I cannot don't rebond cos super messy! And I hv an upcoming wedding lunch on 12/12 so it's a good reason to get my hair fixed now.

X'mas party,

mummies tt are expressing bf exclusively, are u bringing ur pump along?

leo bb, is there a place to pump on tt day?

Frozen EBM

Actually, it's better to give fresh EBM. I'm saying that not because frozen milk has a smell or is not fresh. I give you an example. Say your family member is down with flu. Being exposed to the virus, you're starting to build antibodies. Your bb is also exposed to this virus. But if you give bb frozen BM from a month ago, these antibodies may not be in the BM. But if you give bb freshly expressed BM, or you latch bb on, then good chance these antibodies which is built up in your body get passed on to bb. Make sense?

So if you need to give frozen ones, can also give 1 feed of fresh one. Or give all frozen until you see someone at home falling sick, then give fresh ones.

Dress and Skirt for Xmas party?

Bbs are gonna be on the playmats on the floor. If wear dress/skirt, a bit inconvenient to sit on floor? I think we'll hv some males during the party too. So those contemplating on wearing skirt/dress may wanna think twice hor? ;)

WEST MUMMIES

We have organise a gathering at badfifi hse on 16th dec. In case too many mummies than will change to my hse. Any mummies wan to join?

1)Badfifi(Host)

2)Weiting

3)Adelynn

Ebelle - I freeze immediately after I pump, but this is over and above my latch-on. If I use frozen EBM, it's at most half the feeds in one day, so that my current antibodies are still passed on to him =).

I bought freezer 'cos my original freezer no space for meat already. U see, i'm latching on, and on top of that pumping, so the frozen ebm wasn't used initially, and I created extra supply on my breasts. I'm afraid that when i go back to work, I won't be able to pump as much, as trying to store up as much first. And hb believes frozen ebm still better than formula, that's why I'm working so hard to pump!

I pump maybe 3 times a day. But the morning pump tends to be a lot, two breastmilk bag full (i store up to 180ml per bag, I seldom over-store).

If u accumulate to store, which I did before, try to keep ur ebm in fridge for one day only, then when u thaw, it's another 1 day, so altogether 2 days in the fridge. =)

OP, i like your FM savings calculation! My Avent pump was a hand-me-down... so if i can save on 10 big cans of FM, my new freezer is free! =D

Adelyn - yikes, no one told me abt deodorant and milk ducts!

Xmas party - I'm going to bring my change of clothes as a mommy. White sounds like a dangerous color to be eating food with...

CALLING ALL MUMMIES GOING FOR THE XMAS GATHERING THIS FRIDAY WHO WANT TO BUY EQ WET WIPES

I just called abt EQ WET WIPES. If we order in bulk, they can deliver. Leo_baby has kindly offered to have the wipes delivered to her place on Friday for us to collect during the Xmas gathering. Any mummies keen?

Price: $51.36 per carton of 24packs of 80sheets. (which works out to be $2.14 per pack of 80sheets}

Will take orders till Wed, 1 Dec, 9AM in the morning. If we get enough orders, I will place a bulk order with the lady. Then during Xmas party, we can collect.

On this website, they are selling EQ wipes for $3 per pack. http://www.simplewonder.com/product_babywipe.htm

Weiting,

I am on for gathering at badfifi's place. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Count me in.

West mummies gathering

1)Badfifi(Host)

2)Weiting

3)Adelynn

4)Pommelow

OP,

Working is more relaxing for me cos really can sit down and have a relax lunch and even do a bit of shopping. But there is a lot of joy being with my boy esp when playing with him. Think a balance would be good.. like one mth at home with bb and one mth at work and the cycle continues.

I like ur calculations. One tin per week and discounting week 1 where our milk hasn't come in, we would have recoup $500 by the time our bb hit 3 mths.

West mummies gathering 16th Dec 2010

1)Badfifi(Host)

2)Weiting

3)Adelynn

4)Pommelow

5)Chrissy

Badfifi - can i hv 2 packs of EQ wips just to try? =) I currently still hv a lot of Kodomo wipes that I bot from Watson's at $1.95..

BB putting hand in mouth - hi mommies, DS keeps putting his fingers into mouth and his mittens will stink! Any ideas on how to prevent this? THks!

ccpet: ya they start eating le.. v hard to prevent.. only prevention is--

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4807939.jpg]

haha!!

Ccpet

My son too.. eating drumstick until so yummy you can hear his sucking sound. My solutions are:

1. Take off the mittens lest he wipe his saliva all over his face

2. Wipe his hands regularly cos they really smell with his saliva

3. Try to pull his hands out of the mouth whenever i see him sucking them

4. Try to give him water/gripe water/milk.. seems like he only suck thumb when hungry most of the time

5. Sandwich a small pillow between his hands and mouth (like hugging bloster position) so his hands cannot go into his mouth.

6. Try giving pacifier.. pacifier reliance is easier to break as a habit compare to sucking thumbs.

SugarOng, nearly missed ur post. I meant that my Pigeon bags leaked altho I din overstore, and the Lasinoh's were so similar in quality to it, so I don't dare to overstore. I only overstored in Boots accidentally, and it din leak, so like that lor.

Adelynn,

your bui bui also suck thumb ah.. hahahaha.. Wun he cry and protest when he can't suck them?? My boy will cry until he has something in his mouth.

But i like your idea.. will try out on my Gideon tonight

Adelynn, HILARIOUS!!! Thks for sharing the picture! My son's hand-me-down pants are currently very loose for him, his hands can easily come out though...

Pomme, thks for so many points. Actually the mittens was to prevent him scratching his face so we left them there, but I realized i hv to keep changing his mittens! I considered increasing my supply of mittens, but they often sell mittens+booties together, not mittens only =(. But interesting point number 6, really considering that, for many weeks now! =)

Adelynn,

I tried that! She'll either fuss or just simply succeed in getting her hands out. I wake up at night from her loud thumb sucking.

She's also start pulling her t-shirt up to her mouth to nibble and get it all wet. I'll hv to change her out of her tee every now and then. These days, I make her wear a bib so that she'll suck on her bib instead of her shirt.

ccpet,

You still letting Daniel wear mittens? Why huh!

ccpet: i use pigeon bags but nv leak le.. now i am hooked to Blue Egg's.. cos can store 210ml and the its thicker and feel more reliable :p

Pomme: aiyo pomme.. i tell u he free will suck liao.. till his face all rashes lor! pek chek.. now he start to eat his hands i will lightly smack him and tel him NO v firmly. hope he over time will knw tt eating hands is no-no.. he nv cry la.. i scold him he sitll can giggle n smile. faint...

my idea is from badfifi la..!

OP: tink my ah bui still gong gong.. not so smart yet so i put his hands in he jus stare at me blankly or give me tt innocent toothless smile.. haha

OP - i can't seem to cut Daniel's nails short enough to ensure that his nails can't scratch his face. He likes to rub his face a lot while he's streching and lounging...

Adelynn - re Pigeon bags, maybe it's just how I tried to stuff as many bags into my old freezer as possible cos i was running out of space, and that caused the bags to not work... Nv heard of Blue Egg. Shall look out for that =)

OP,

Your Megon is so smart. NOt sure if my boy is that smart. Will see how tonight.

ccpet

My boy's nails grew very fast de. Faster than i can cut. I normally use scissors to cut and just close one eye on scratches on his face.. if not i will go mad de with so many things to do like dig nose, wipe tongue, wipe ears, wipe hands, wipe neck.. Wipe hair for perspiration.

Milkbags> there is a BP for Autumnz milkbags. I dunno which is cheaper. For the BP, search the BP section for TIKA

mittens> Isaac is still wearing mittens. I tried taking it off and I saw him all ready to poke out his eye with a finger, I freaked (I have a thing abt eyes and fingers.)

hand sucking> Isaac does it too.

Help Help!!!

My baby gal is very crying when she wake up - her sleep and nap has also been affected after 1 night sleep at my PIL place yesterday night. I m returning to work next Monday so I will have to move back to my PIL place cos' all my stuff are there.

Our plan is to send baby and maid to my mum's house every morning. After work we will pick her up and head back to Kovan. Me and maid will care for baby at night. But just one night there, my baby's become so frightened even at the slightest noise. How? How? She even woke up a few time crying - I m so worried now. Any one can help or advise me what to do.

Badfifi, thks for alerting me to Autumnz. Din hear of ppl using it initially, so din try.

Pomme, Daniel scratched his face until got blood leh, then hv to always put Bactroban. The scar still there from scratch a few weeks ago. I find the corners of the nails very hard to cut with scissors but dun dare cut with nail clipper oso.

TigerLily, maybe you can see how over the next few days to give bb time to adjust? When u going bk to work?

After yday's Sunday Times article about EU banning BPA bottles, I am now trying to find BPA free alternatives, even for the adults in my household. Any recommendations regarding what you all use that's BPA free?

This article explains the different plastics and suggests some brands of alternatives for water bottles/containers.

http://www.nrdc.org/thisgreenlife/0902.asp

phyphy, thanks for informing...will check out the nursing room at century sq/tamp 1 the next time im there

badfifi, count mi in on the wipes purchase..thx..

adelynn, i do that to prevent my gal from eating her hands too! but like so poor thing to haf her hand movements restricted....

help! my gal is not drinking again....damn low morale...kaoz

Back